AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

View Poll Results: favorite genre
Hip-Hop 26 3.92%
Rap 12 1.81%
Rock 175 26.36%
Country 6 0.90%
Heavy Metal 106 15.96%
Pop 59 8.89%
Classical 57 8.58%
Other... 223 33.58%
Voters: 664. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-16, 19:32   Link #21
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

'Hard'Rock

in the 80's it was called Heavy Metal
nowadays that term refers to white noise accompanied by chainsaw vocals
Old 2006-03-17, 11:03   Link #22
Rurik
Golden

Progressive Rock any type, From Classical (like Yes, Pink Floyd and Rush) To Metal progressive (Dream Theater and Tool).

I’m also into Latin Jazz and Reggae. And little of everything that sounds a bit crunchy!

@Princess serena, I Love Pear Jam, and anything that has to do with the early 90’s Seattle movement, Like PJ, Nirvana and Hole ^^

@Imazul Nightwish rocks, love that group nice choice of music ^^

@Uchiha Rave , Tool deserves a huge HAIL, Tool is my favorite. They will be releasing their new album on May 5! YAY!! A cookie to you!

@ Krsnick02 Excellent Choices Yu got an exquisite taste in music from DT (As I’m posting this I’m hearing Learning to Live from the SFNY Concert), Tool (Which the new album has been my wet dream like for months!) Perfect Circle, Genesis, NIN...Cool indeed^^
Old 2006-06-03, 23:43   Link #23
Strawberry Panic!

Send a message via MSN to Strawberry Panic!
Hip-Hop
Rap
RnB
Pop
Punk Rock
Jrock
Jop
Kpop
Strawberry Panic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 23:45   Link #24
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Panic!
Hip-Hop
Rap
RnB
Pop
Punk Rock
Jrock
Jop
Kpop
damn you listen to everything i like ......^^ hahaha

i like well,

Hip-Hop
Rap
RNB
Pop
J.Pop
Chinese Pop
Korean Pop
Some rock
Classical
Thai Pop
Dance
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 05:29   Link #25
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Used to be big in rap..not as much anymore(getting really repetitive).

Lately I've been listening to:
Rock
Pop
Bass/Techno/Vocal
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 02:42   Link #26
Newo

Im a fan of everthing form J-pop to Jazz, but I'll always have an interest into underground Hip-hop. Stuff like Wu Tang Clan, MF Doom (sorta mainstream) Immortal Technique, and Quasimoto.
Newo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 13:31   Link #27
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

My favourite genre would be J-pop and J-rock, especially anime themes.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 14:00   Link #28
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
No favorite genre. I just need good sound good rythm, from classical to electro. Noise can be great though.
I just can't listen to reggae, that's all.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 07:15   Link #29
EternalWings

any genre is fine with me as long as it has that catchy theme and kick @ss lyrics...
EternalWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 04:52   Link #30
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Some anime stuff and basically any metal (primarily death\heavy metal).
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 05:00   Link #31
SpecterVR
Calming Everyday Life

Really into Progressive Rock and Metal. Addicted to Transatlantic more than anything atm, but in the genre, I enjoy Pain of Salvation, Ayreon, Devin Townsend (definitely!), and a couple others. XD In Prog rock, most of all I enjoy Porcupine Tree and Opeth. I can't get into Dream Theatre or Biomechanical well, sadly. :/ One day!

I also enjoy Trip Hop (Massive Attack, Zero 7), Futurepop (Seabound mostly, APB, mind in a box, Assemblage 23), Melodic Death Metal (Disarmonia Mundi, Dark Tranquillity, Insomnium, mostly gothenburg stuff xD), some normal rock (The Music, Radiohead, RHCP), Some doomy stuff (Rapture, Novembre, Katatonia) and some odd stuff too, like Age of Silence and Winds.
Its just too much to list really. But if I had to choose 1 (thank god I don't) it'd be progressive rock/metal.
SpecterVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 15:10   Link #32
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

... why no electronica on that list? There are only 8 poll options there so it's not like you ran out.

If it wasn't clear, my favourite genre is electronica, most sub-genres except Techno, Hardcore and House (some house is ok but most I don't like). I generally listen to RiseFM nowadays, non-stop trance for 22 hours of the day \o/

I also like some rock and grunge (Muse, Faith no More, Chilli Peppers, Pumpkins etc..)

And of course film/ series/ anime/ game music as a general genre tends to be good.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 16:50   Link #33
Keios
Q(°.°Q)

Orchestral music and electronica.

To be more specific; trance, psychedelic trance and drum & bass. I don't really have any favourite artists, except a few anime-music composers.

Favourite tune at the moment: Nu-NRG - Eclisse - Just beautiful.
Keios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 23:19   Link #34
i am the walrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikimpulse
Actually most people think rock n' roll is dead. The early years in rock in roll were the best becasue people sung about things everyone could relate to. But now alot of the rock n' roll artist sing about the same things. Alot of them seem to sing about satan and hell. I mean really, not many people worship or praise satan. Even though i know not all rock n' roll artist sing about this, its usually the ones who get the most attention who talk about these sorts of things. As for hip-hop and rap, most people don't have a open mind about these two genre. They seem to stereotype it alot and think everything is the same about all the musicians. Thats because most of the people who say this have probably not even listened to hip-hop or rap at all. But hey you're always going to find people like that anywhere, just the way things are.

whoa buddy. your talking about people sterotyping hip hop and rap (which i totaly agree with) but you're stereotyping rock. and everyone is saying your mixing up rock n roll with rock but that doesnt really make sense cause they are both just very broad genres. what is most closely to what you're talking about is death metal and that doesnt even get very much attention. the type rock that gets most the attention is the pop rock. i mean i cant really name a single band that i know that has recently song about satan worshiping. now especially stuff like fall out boy or bands like the fray. there's good rock out there like the redwalls (kinda sounds like 60's rock) who are definitely not satanic but they dont get very much attention. oh and yes i love rock n roll and the many genres that evolved from it. i dont like everything but i have a broad range
i am the walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 01:54   Link #35
MidnighT-WolF

Yaaaay! Two devilhorns \m/ to all the metalheads here!

Metal is my favorite style since many years (Power, Heavy, Thrash, Progressive, Symphonic, Speed, Gothic and even Melodic Death), the only sub-groups that i don't like are the brutal death, black, grind and these weird styles, all in all, i love melodic Metal!!!

The thing is that i'm not closed to other styles, in fact i really like Techno, old/new Rock, Classical, and even some Punk (Punk, not Emo) and a really little tiny bit of Rap (not bling bling gangsta things)...

In fact, i was born to be a Metalhead, i even decided to let my hair grow a little since November 2005, no haircut since that time, but there's a lot of time to wait to at least have them at the neck, don't know if i'm gonna go for the long long hair, or only the semi-long hair, just enough to thrash to the electric guitar riffs!

Blind Guardian is my favorite band since 2 years and i'm gonna see them in November (28) at Quebec for the first time, i dream every night of this day, it's sooooo far ...
MidnighT-WolF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 06:52   Link #36
Shi-chan
Chanchanchan

No electro =(;

Ok, my favorite genre is Nujazz/Brokenbeat/Deephouse(good old classic ones, not the modern 'I-call-this-deephouse' crap)
Haven't found a lot of ppl that like that kind of music, need to import all my CD's from internet or order them in a store where the seller is like: rrrrright deephouse, eeeeur, you've searched the techno room? (grrrr)
Shi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 18:54   Link #37
Kona
Banned

Trance
Rap
Hip Hop
Dance
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 09:18   Link #38
Ashii Takanimi

I like pop. Its teh best! ^^
Ashii Takanimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 10:14   Link #39
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Emo Rock ^.^
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 12:38   Link #40
ginko51

Good music from the 50s.

Last edited by ginko51; 2012-05-03 at 18:03.
ginko51 is offline   Reply With Quote