AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 22-23
Perfect 10 13 12.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 19.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 23.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 18.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 12.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.98%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.99%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.97%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-03, 01:10   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

[Anime-Only] Shippuden Episode 22-23 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread.
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.
Please Remember... Only Admins/Mods may create Episode Discussion Threads

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
Old 2007-08-03, 01:19   Link #2
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Fillers this time actually were quite good cause they were touching. Fight was also really good and therefore I rate it a 9
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 01:49   Link #3
Forever
Revealing the truth

Maybe I have lower expectations and standards than others, but I find the double ep quite good. A solid 8 from me. The flashbacks werent that out of tune and the bgm was not bad.
Old 2007-08-03, 01:57   Link #4
zeezaa

First of all background musics during the sasori fight were awesome.
The whole Gai team nonsense offers nothing to the story. It´s only there to destroy the pace of these episodes.
The animation was a bit sloppy, but nevertheless a nice episode.
zeezaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 02:30   Link #5
Icecolduchiha

they said battle special, the battle parts sucked and there wasn't even that many... the manga is sooooooooooooooooo much better then this, i gave it a 6
Icecolduchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 02:40   Link #6
Kazekage_Gaara
Kage of Sunagakure

Send a message via AIM to Kazekage_Gaara
I actually loved this episode compared to the others, especially where we explore Sasori's background, it makes us care more about him and see him as more than just a mere villain.
Old 2007-08-03, 03:00   Link #7
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Are you kidding me.. this is the amount of progression I would have expected from a half hour episode. Ok.. let us recap the entire episode shall we.

Spoiler:

Ok, I am not complaining about the actual fight. I think it was pretty good when it was the mother and father puppets fighting. It annoyed me how the fight was starting to speed up at... the bloody end of the episode. I mean they made it an hour long special with absolutely no progression in the clone and Naruto area. Oh except that kakashi realized the guy was trying to separate the two. They should have just left out the clone part. When I noticed it was an hour long, I thought the fight might actually end or something might happen with the clones or Naruto. But nothing did. I always expected hour long specials to mean something big would happen but in felt like a half hour episode. It is difficult for me to rate this episode because sure, fighting was good. But then again I was extremely disappointed with the overall episode. The feeling, progression. Anyways, that is my 2 cents.
Old 2007-08-03, 03:48   Link #8
EoT
~~

I gave it a 5. This episode did not impress me at all as there was nothing which could excite me due to poor music placement in scenes (i miss the old songs.. like heavy violence) and animation quality.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 03:50   Link #9
Icecolduchiha

yea dude i feel you im probably going to skip next weeks and wait for the one after that so i could veiw something worth while
Icecolduchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 04:19   Link #10
KyuubiRocks
What?!

I really liked this episode it was really touching.
Sakura has become one really strong girl. Sasori's
filler was moving..Gees he looks alot like Gaara...
Is it me or do the Red heads from "sand village"
have it really tough?...e.g Gaara,Sasori,Sasori's Dad..
Old 2007-08-03, 04:19   Link #11
Texasjew
i cook for a living :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
I gave it a 5. This episode did not impress me at all as there was nothing which could excite me due to poor music placement in scenes (i miss the old songs.. like heavy violence) and animation quality.
i dont know how you could give it a 5 the fight scenes are solid i agree not as good as naruto vs sauske or drunkin lee but still solid i would say fight = 9.and i kinda liked the new song but thats just me
--TEXASjew

Last edited by Texasjew; 2007-08-03 at 05:18.
Texasjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 04:28   Link #12
Loki.Nya
Village Idiot

Not a bad episode I guess, but they really need to speed things up a bit.
Loki.Nya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 06:08   Link #13
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
This is actually a pretty decent episode. They didn't have those flashbacks in the manga but they went out of their way and made it up knowing it won't interfere with the actual story. It was quite good and we learned who killed Sasori's parents or at least who Chiyo thought killed them, and Chiyo being the one that brought puppetry to Sasori was also something new. Quite touching at some parts and decent fights. But... as usual, it finished pretty quickly thanks to the useless shots of Gai and Naruto giving chase.
Old 2007-08-03, 06:17   Link #14
Abel-kun
The all seeing eye

i cant see why everybodys moaning, u gotta admit that this episode is far better than the usal sh*t we watch. i wuld go as far as to say this is probably one of the best episodes of shippuden , the music was great, animation was good , the fight scenes where good to and there was minimal distractions from the other fights goin on. the flashbacks where needed imo to give sasori a bit of bak story.

stil gota agree that i cant see the anime catching the manga any time soon.
Abel-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 06:30   Link #15
Riku540

The episode wasn't half bad, but the animation quality took a hit since last episode. =( Even if they need to rush some parts for production deadlines' sake, I feel at least the still/closeup shots could be drawn much better. Looks the same for the next episode in the preview too. =/
Riku540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 07:24   Link #16
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel-kun View Post
i cant see why everybodys moaning, u gotta admit that this episode is far better than the usal sh*t we watch. i wuld go as far as to say this is probably one of the best episodes of shippuden , the music was great, animation was good , the fight scenes where good to and there was minimal distractions from the other fights goin on. the flashbacks where needed imo to give sasori a bit of bak story.

stil gota agree that i cant see the anime catching the manga any time soon.
Indeed. The episode was excellent for me.

Apart from the dip of artwork here and there, and Naruto intermission scene.. I have nothing bad to say to this episode.

Next week, its time for a bit of Sakura power up so gonna look forward to it.

It seems that only me and 0taku0 from the manga division that enjoying the current last few episode batch All other manga reader seems to frown upon the anime now.. Cant really blame them tho ..

And yey for Ramen girl ^0^ and Shizune and Anko and Temari .. even as guest appearance at the end
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 08:45   Link #17
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

at the end of the first part, kakashi sensei ask the viewers: Hey you! Why dont I be your sensei? i will treat you nice....

aaagghhhh yeah ... i want to be your student kakashi-sensei please treat me nice
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 08:56   Link #18
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Indeed. The episode was excellent for me.

Apart from the dip of artwork here and there, and Naruto intermission scene.. I have nothing bad to say to this episode.

Next week, its time for a bit of Sakura power up so gonna look forward to it.

It seems that only me and 0taku0 from the manga division that enjoying the current last few episode batch All other manga reader seems to frown upon the anime now.. Cant really blame them tho ..

And yey for Ramen girl ^0^ and Shizune and Anko and Temari .. even as guest appearance at the end
I also enjoyed this episode. I gave it a 9. Good music, nice fight, nice flashback of sasori. Actually, I thought it would be more bad than this. Naruto is getting good ^^ better than that damn Bleach whatever, Im not really into bleach anyway.

I read the manga and some other manga readers still complaining about the same reasons. Kinda annoying...each episodes they say its bad...gimme a break already.

At the end, they left us another cliffhanger.Looking forward to the next episode!

Yay ramen girl rofl.
Old 2007-08-03, 09:07   Link #19
kyogaia2

i agreed this one is a bit sloppy. don't know 'bout you guys but i 'd give this a rate of 5. they should make more fight scenes, and shorter flashbacks. If you watch this one hour episode again, then you'll know what i meant.
kyogaia2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 09:28   Link #20
witchking99
Lord Of Spoils

Well this episode was very decent,especially the fight between Chiyo and Sasori.It clearly shows the difference in skill level that Chiyo and Sasori have over poor Kankuro.Chiyo and Sasori are worlds apart from Kankuro.I guess Kankuro still needs much training in the art of puppet technique.
witchking99 is offline   Reply With Quote