AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-06-25, 09:28   Link #761
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Oh yea asuna is the kind of gf/wife whose husband you never want to kidnap. Evidenced by the heart moniter/gps
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 09:51   Link #762
oblivion26
Find me if u can....

I see I get it now Thanks guys
oblivion26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 11:10   Link #763
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
meanwhile Asuna take Kazuto part as MC in RL and tracking Kazuto like a berserker
Berserker as in Berserker from Fate/Zero?

Nice to see an official date, though I have a question someone who knows the web arc can answer.
ALO and GGO arc took two volumes, will it be the same for ALICIZATION? The adventure has just begun, so ending it in one volume seems a bit rushed, unless it is a really massive volume.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:39   Link #764
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Berserker as in Berserker from Fate/Zero?

Nice to see an official date, though I have a question someone who knows the web arc can answer.
ALO and GGO arc took two volumes, will it be the same for ALICIZATION? The adventure has just begun, so ending it in one volume seems a bit rushed, unless it is a really massive volume.
No, Alicization is a massive arc. Its size is approximately 2.5MB with an estimation of over 2600 pages.
Old 2012-06-25, 18:35   Link #765
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Oh yea asuna is the kind of gf/wife whose husband you never want to kidnap. Evidenced by the heart moniter/gps
Danm straight and then her comments to shino , that says I can become a staker for my bf/husband.
Old 2012-06-25, 22:36   Link #766
jonald101

Is RATH a good or an evil organization?
they prevented Kirito from dying but why do they have kidnap him?
jonald101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 22:59   Link #767
Arkard

SAO was clearly meant to be Sexy Asuna Online.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 00:13   Link #768
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
SAO was clearly meant to be Sexy Asuna Online.
How i wish
Old 2012-06-26, 02:16   Link #769
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonald101 View Post
Is RATH a good or an evil organization?
they prevented Kirito from dying but why do they have kidnap him?
that's is unknown since they're doing something "good" from their own POV, and unlike Sugou who used SAO victim to be his lab rat, RATH doing that with permission from their part time worker[AKA Kazuto] and they do that for their country[maybe].
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 02:20   Link #770
jonald101

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
that's is unknown since they're doing something "good" from their own POV, and unlike Sugou who used SAO victim to be his lab rat, RATH doing that with permission from their part time worker[AKA Kazuto] and they do that for their country[maybe].
they should at least inform his family....oh well no point in complaining
jonald101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 02:21   Link #771
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

They cant. Alicization is a top secret goverenment project, black project basically, and in competition with other nations, hence the
Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-26, 15:51   Link #772
Edgardes

What do you think of romance in SAO?
Edgardes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 16:01   Link #773
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgardes View Post
It's awesome. (Kirito x Asuna)!
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 17:54   Link #774
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
It's awesome. (Kirito x Asuna)!
And lots of unrequited love lol
Old 2012-06-26, 19:00   Link #775
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
And lots of unrequited love lol
On top of that there was no competition for Kirito.
Asuna got Kirito.
They only competition for Kirito Asuna really had was Sachi. But she.....
Old 2012-06-26, 20:42   Link #776
Edgardes

I asked this because lately I have seen many people saying that the novel in SAO is "Meh"
Edgardes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 20:51   Link #777
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
I asked this because lately I have seen many people saying that the novel in SAO is "Meh"
Well, as incorrect as they may be, opinions are opinions. Some people are just unable to appreciate a good story.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 21:05   Link #778
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
If the anime team does it right, the romance between Kirito and Asuna should be one of the BEST romances portrayed in an adventure-oriented anime. Though in my opinion, it's one of the best romantic relationships, period (no unnecessary drama between multiple love rivals).
Old 2012-06-26, 21:52   Link #779
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

The closet anime i've seen to sao is druaga and the romance in it ain't half bad but SAO's is much better
Old 2012-06-26, 22:06   Link #780
firestalker5

This turned out a lot longer than I was going for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
If the anime team does it right, the romance between Kirito and Asuna should be one of the BEST romances portrayed in an adventure-oriented anime. Though in my opinion, it's one of the best romantic relationships, period (no unnecessary drama between multiple love rivals).
But I have a huge sinking suspicion that they'll go the same route as every other story of this type... Completely disregard the original story and add in the harem quadrilateral love relationship with MC.

Just watch, with the series as stretched and filled as this is going to be the supporting characters [that STEPPED DOWN on their own in the novels] will get huge roles and start being front-runners for his affections. Hell, I wouldn't put it past them to add a completely original character to even out the character cliches [a bubbly, overly clingy girl that just fell helplessly in love with Kirito at first sight].

Mark my words the anime studio will go the traditional harem route with the relationship and completely disregard the original series.

I mean from what I heard, after the first episode and part of the second, they've already changed a major portion [and major theme of the series] in order to be more kid friendly:

Well I do feel good about the fact that Reki Kawahara seemed to be there for almost all of the scripting. That's mainly it from the interview lol...

I've heard the pre-screening for Ep 1 and the 10 minutes of ep 2 went pretty okay if not good. Though it was mentioned by a viewer that the themes of death was...kind of glossed over.

Quoting from a different forum:
Spoiler:

So, yeah... my anticipation has kind of quelled a bit. Here's hoping I'm wrong [though I'll be pleasantly surprised, I'm highly doubtful]

SAO Director Interview < just read this... I tell right now that entire series is going to be a horribly stretched out volume 1 and 2 with a few added filler stories included, ending with the death of Heathcliff and getting everyone out.

This is also where we're getting 'Lyfa' from... Since they are adding a of scenes from the Real World while their in SAO there is a huge possibility that they'll be showing Suguha during that time. One of the reasons I liked the novels was that you got to see how these people lived in the VR world, unobstructed from how they live in the real world.

But this is anime and 9/10 times they change that portion[romance] around to turn it into a rom com plot and Harem like situations. I have this huge fear that it'll go this route and completely ruin it, IME. That would be just as bad as stretching the storyline out to fit 26 episodes instead of adding the 3-4 volumes to properly finish the story.

That's my thoughts about it... But maybe I'm the only one that has these fears.
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality