Why can't I hold all this jizz?
Old 2011-06-06, 19:39   Link #503
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

getting kinda gross dude >_>

also

Inb4 "wheres the female shep footage, Wuaaah"

also

seems like male sheps voice acting is better.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-06-06 at 19:49.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 03:53   Link #504
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
That certainly looks better then the ME2 Collector's Edition that I bought for PC. Yeah male Shep got an update on the voice, it's less robotic. Well, it's been 3rd game already so of course, improvement had to swim out. Glad that we saw Garrus in the videos, he is the man. Now, hoping that Tali will be a party member again as well. :3
Old 2011-06-07, 03:58   Link #505
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
getting kinda gross dude >_>

also

Inb4 "wheres the female shep footage, Wuaaah"

also

seems like male sheps voice acting is better.
Are you going to complain they showed Ashley for 1 second instead of Kaidan? Seriously.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 04:21   Link #506
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
That certainly looks better then the ME2 Collector's Edition that I bought for PC. Yeah male Shep got an update on the voice, it's less robotic. Well, it's been 3rd game already so of course, improvement had to swim out. Glad that we saw Garrus in the videos, he is the man. Now, hoping that Tali will be a party member again as well. :3
The VA got better or they changed him???

I don't see what particularly changed in the combat system. Yeah, now we got rolls, melee but still cover system is dominant.

To be honest I am very controversial. On the one hand if Bioware introduces more RPG elements scopes,etc. + more skill tree + more customization for allies ( will there be such a thing??) it will be great.

But overall the gameplay would stay ME2-like. And is this bad or good?
Old 2011-06-07, 04:37   Link #507
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
The VA got better or they changed him???
It's still pretty much Mark Meer that's for sure, his voice is rather distinct across all three games.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 04:54   Link #508
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I would rather Bioware spend more effort on story and fixing the retarded Cerberus crap than all this nonsense time on art books and tins and day-one DLC...

EA, I am... not actually disappoint, because I knew you'd fuck everything up.
Old 2011-06-07, 04:56   Link #509
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Considering we haven't even seen a sliver of what the entirety of the story entails yet or how it's being handled, isn't it a little premature to claim that EA "fucked up" ME3 in this case? Also, it's not like Collector's Edition bonuses were unexpected - every major A-List game in recent memory has had one more or less

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 05:03   Link #510
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

We already know that Cerberus is the enemy again. That's enough to know that this is going to be stupid.

What was the whole point of ME2 if now we're going to kill the people we were supposedly making awesome and boosting to fight the Reapers? What is the reason behind player choice if saving the Collector base and being on good terms with the Illusive Man, if the next game just ignores it?

And what the hell is up with that stupid comic showing the Illusive Man as being a husk, and basically all but saying he's a pawn of the Reapers? Why the hell would they let him let Shepard destroy the Collectors?

Seriously, this whole thing was a gigantic steaming pile. The inclusion of a love triangle just makes it even dumber. LOL a love triangle, really EA? Get your boring dating sim gameplay out of my badass space opera.
Old 2011-06-07, 05:17   Link #511
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oh look, the shadowy organization that captures and tortures innocent people -even other humans- just to figure out what makes aliens tick betrays us. Shock!

That people are actually surprised by this turn of events is somewhat surprising in and of itself. You ask for the point of ME2? Well, there's your point. And your surprise and disbelief means that Bioware's plan worked like a charm.

Perhaps it's because I'm a star wars junkie and thus used to alliances with the devil ending up with them stabbing you in the back (since the Sith pull that every opportunity they get) but I honestly was not that surprised. Just curious as to what's behind this betrayal.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 05:18   Link #512
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
We already know that Cerberus is the enemy again. That's enough to know that this is going to be stupid.

What was the whole point of ME2 if now we're going to kill the people we were supposedly making awesome and boosting to fight the Reapers? What is the reason behind player choice if saving the Collector base and being on good terms with the Illusive Man, if the next game just ignores it?

And what the hell is up with that stupid comic showing the Illusive Man as being a husk, and basically all but saying he's a pawn of the Reapers? Why the hell would they let him let Shepard destroy the Collectors?

Seriously, this whole thing was a gigantic steaming pile. The inclusion of a love triangle just makes it even dumber. LOL a love triangle, really EA? Get your boring dating sim gameplay out of my badass space opera.
Your complaints just sound like you're taking the most benign of complaints and blowing them out of proportion.

Cerberus has ALWAYS been evil, I don't see why people think this was going to change I haven't seen an ending yet where you actually suck up or are buddy buddy with Cerberus so its not surprise they try kill you when they no longer need you. Also you haven't even seen the explanation for it yet and you are already making judgement on this is a bad move, also EA has nothing to do with the story, that is all Bioware, all EA does is decide release dates, fund them, publish the thing and try to get money.

I do not see how TIM being a husk makes it a bad story, he was partially effected so he still has his sentience so he can choose to defeat the collectors if he wanted to, indoctrination takes time especially for those with a strong will.

Love triangle? Seriously that's your complaint? You don't even have to romance anybody, so complaining that it includes it is kind of moot.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 06:06   Link #513
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Oh look, the shadowy organization that captures and tortures innocent people -even other humans- just to figure out what makes aliens tick betrays us. Shock!

That people are actually surprised by this turn of events is somewhat surprising in and of itself. You ask for the point of ME2? Well, there's your point. And your surprise and disbelief means that Bioware's plan worked like a charm.

Perhaps it's because I'm a star wars junkie and thus used to alliances with the devil ending up with them stabbing you in the back (since the Sith pull that every opportunity they get) but I honestly was not that surprised. Just curious as to what's behind this betrayal.
Spoiler for demo footage:
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 07:08   Link #514
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Are you going to complain they showed Ashley for 1 second instead of Kaidan? Seriously.
Umm... what? and Kaidan was in the trailer i belive, I think he was the blue suit sniper.
Old 2011-06-07, 14:00   Link #515
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well no surprise about some things in the collector's edition. Be nice if they would stop trying to get people to pay for characters like that though. Still a lot of the stuff in there looks great and no doubt I'll be there to pick it up anyways.

I'm still more than happy to wait since a better product is worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Problem is that I don't think it makes nearly that much sense. Sure people could see Cerberus turning on you eventually. But certainly not until after a threat that is going to massacre all life in the universe passes. No matter how loyal no one in that organization should be stupid enough to think fighting anyone other than the Reapers is important. Certainly don't think it means Bioware's plan is working like a charm. More like it's Bioware asking us to believe members of Cerberus are seriously that stupid.
Old 2011-06-07, 15:02   Link #516
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Problem is that I don't think it makes nearly that much sense. Sure people could see Cerberus turning on you eventually. But certainly not until after a threat that is going to massacre all life in the universe passes. No matter how loyal no one in that organization should be stupid enough to think fighting anyone other than the Reapers is important. Certainly don't think it means Bioware's plan is working like a charm. More like it's Bioware asking us to believe members of Cerberus are seriously that stupid.
What this guy said. The problem is "hey, a bunch of intergalactic metallic Cthulhus are coming to ruin the entire galaxy's shit and you'd rather pick a fight with Commander Shepard and the Systems Alliance."

Way to go Illusive Man! Thought you were actually smart there at one point.

Edit: I'm sure fan outcry about working for Cerberus in ME2 was one of the major contributors to this bad writing. Really, this would have worked better if ME2 would have been different. If Shepard would have been truly FORCED--like, Brotherhood of Steel explosive collar style forced--to work for Cerberus, given tiny opportunities to sabotage it along the way... yeah, I can see this working better. I can go for Shepard breaking free of Cerberus at her/his first opportunity and going back to the Alliance.

But that's not what happened. Cerberus did not forcibly ensure Shepard's loyalty, and a Renegade Shepard actually supports Cerberus's actions on many levels--even if she/he disagrees morally, there will be some common practical ground there. The worst part was saving the Collector base. Shepard and Cerberus were at an accord there. That's how I finished my ME2 playthrough--because it seemed pretty smart to study the technology of the assholes coming to extinct us, rather than blowing it up in a fit of moralistic pique.

So why is Cerberus trying to kill my Shepard? That's what I don't get, and that's what puts a bad taste in my mouth. Really, Bioware should not have let you save the Collector base if they were going to do this. They should have made the Paragon ending choice the only one.
Old 2011-06-07, 15:17   Link #517
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I can think of dozens of reasons for Cerberus to side with the reapers. Indoctrination, deceit, Illusive Man losing to his implants, Cerberus deciding to pull a Saren and help the reapers in exchange for survival, Cerberus helping the reapers in exchange for making humans the dominant species in the galaxy, the list goes on and on. And finding out said why is part of the story.

But, honestly? If you were thinking to yourself "huh, Cerberus isn't so bad after all" somewhere along ME2, you fell right into Bioware's trap. Again, this is the organization that has no qualms about torturing innocent people, even other humans, to reach their goals.

And while on the subject of the collector base... how often did the study of reaper tech turn out to be a good thing? 'Cause last time I checked, every single time people started poking around dead reapers, artifacts or bases, we ended up with a zombiefest. So yeah, I can understand why blowing the thing sky-high instead of risking the lives of who-knows-how-many researchers is a good thing. I fell for the idealistic 'know your enemy' thinking too, but when you look at the history records, studying live bases is not a smart thing to do.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 15:24   Link #518
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Well, you see, this is the problem.

I didn't fall for Bioware's "trap." I played ME1, I saw the horrible shit with Jack and also Project Overlord. So no, I knew the smell of Cerberus's true intentions, and I knew that it stunk like dead things. I didn't fall for the "trap."

BUT MY SHEPARD DID. AND THAT'S WHAT HAS ME FACEPALMING.

Even a Paragon Shepard just whines a little bit about Cerberus's methods and yet still follows them. A Renegade Shepard basically starts slobbing Cerberus's knob.

There is no "be rebellious, this is a trap" option, and that's what has me raging. We're forced to either grudgingly or wholeheartedly accept Cerberus as an ally in ME2. We don't have the option to sabotage them along the way, work with the Alliance in secret to break their power. In ME2, no matter what "trap" Bioware had planned, Cerberus are the "good guys" by default--only because we cannot oppose them at all.

Edit: To be perfectly honest I'm more angry about the fact that Bioware still can't do moral ambiguity. No matter what, they can't shed black and white morality. Why does a renegade Shepard have to support Cerberus and agree with their methods? Why can't I be an asshole AND want to kill Cerberus at the same time? Why can't I be a good asshole?

This shit happened with Jade Empire, too. The damn tutorial clearly states that Closed Fist people can still be good-aligned, and it's a complete and utter fabrication--going Closed Fist (and Dark Side in KOTOR/Sith Lords) means being a Complete Monster, period.
Old 2011-06-07, 15:25   Link #519
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

do you guys understand the text thats comin from my keyboard!?

Renegade ending: Cerberus doesnt need shepard anymore, he knows a LOT about their plans, they need to take him out before he spills the beans

Paragon: Cerberus is pissed at shepard, uses everything they can to take him down.
Old 2011-06-07, 15:37   Link #520
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

While an army of invincible metal Cthulhus are planning to tentacle rape the entire galaxy? BRILLIANT!

Tags
effect, games, mass