AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-01, 09:19   Link #241
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
It's been years since I last read the manga, so I guess that's my mistake.

Well, I never said that the manga filler was bad (calling it filler might not even be accurate). I just preferred the story in the novel being more streamlined and focused compared to the manga.

In the end, it all comes down to the benefits of the two respective mediums. Novels are better at conveying individual thoughts while manga has greater freedom to expand a story (e.g. new characters, creating subplots, slower development).

I just like the novel better in this case.
But there are three mediums. The anime did the filler content differently from the manga too.
Old 2012-03-01, 10:56   Link #242
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
But there are three mediums. The anime did the filler content differently from the manga too.
What was this subforum called again?

But seriously, I've never seen the anime, so I don't have anything to comment about it. In general though, anime suffers from more budget and pacing constraints, so it can hardly match manga's broader scope. Either way, my point still stands that the novel best handles the central conflict of the story as it better conveys the thoughts and feelings of Satou.

It is that more straightforward way of storytelling that I prefer.
Old 2012-03-05, 13:14   Link #243
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

I honestly felt like the manga warped Misaki's character far too much. Plus, the anime imo had a much better ending than the manga.

I haven't had a chance to read the novel, because it's so damn expensive and I rather get a physical copy.
Closed Thread