AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-01-09, 07:29   Link #61
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Ah, a new trilogy is confirmed? So I am guess they are going through all the famous transformers who haven't shown up yet.
Old 2013-01-09, 09:31   Link #62
Vanguard

Hollywood in a nutshell shit out so many bad movies there will be no more movies to make. And thy wonder why people pirate movies well who dares to pay for them when 90% of it is bullshit ?

I my self have not cared a bit about movies for past 2 years I have only played games and watched animes Thank u Amazone btw. I have not even watched regular TV in 5 years so much reality crap it would make the dead cry in there grave.
Vanguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 10:42   Link #63
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Hollywood has lost it's imagination(if there wasn't enough evidence of that already...).

Though, for me, the reboot of Spiderman was what really proved it.

Action movies have been consumed by sequels and adaptations.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 10:53   Link #64
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Hollywood has lost it's imagination(if there wasn't enough evidence of that already...).

Though, for me, the reboot of Spiderman was what really proved it.

Action movies have been consumed by sequels and adaptations.
Spiderman doesn't count. Universal Pictures is just trying to hold onto the Spiderman movie rights. And they would keep holding on to it and hoping Marvel would pay them silly sums to buy it back.

And this requires making a Spiderman movie every few years without fail.
Old 2013-01-09, 12:09   Link #65
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Spiderman doesn't count. Universal Pictures is just trying to hold onto the Spiderman movie rights. And they would keep holding on to it and hoping Marvel would pay them silly sums to buy it back.

And this requires making a Spiderman movie every few years without fail.
I still think it counts, because rather then put their money into something original, they just decided to take the "safe" option and just make the same film they made 10 years earlier.

Though to be fair, the film grossed 752 million dollars. So whose worse, the studio that made the same film again, or viewers who paid to see it?
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 14:48   Link #66
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Spiderman doesn't count. Universal Pictures is just trying to hold onto the Spiderman movie rights.
Umm...the recent rights of Spiderman is hold by Sony Pictures, so what's Universal has anything to do with it?

EDIT:
And guys, this is a thread to discuss Transformers 4 (or Transformers in general, if you want). Please don't use this thread to complain about other movies or how Hollywood suck nowadays. I didn't make this thread for that. Thank You

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-01-09 at 15:09.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 15:09   Link #67
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Umm...the recent rights of Spiderman is hold by Sony, so what's Universal has anything to do with it?

EDIT:
And guys, this is a thread to discuss Transformers 4 (or Transformers in general, if you want). Please don't use this thread to complain about other movies or how Hollywood suck nowadays. I didn't make this thread for that. Thank You
Sorry, confusion.
Old 2013-01-09, 19:10   Link #68
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I still think it counts, because rather then put their money into something original, they just decided to take the "safe" option and just make the same film they made 10 years earlier.
For the record the Amazing Spiderman was a new take on the film that took it away from the Tobey ones (Which were awful) and was successful.

The thing is is that it's very expensive to try new stuff which is why very few directors are able to get the funding to do it (For example Nolan was only able to do Inception because he proved his abilites in the Dark Knight)
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 00:13   Link #69
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Mike Bay to "redesigned everything from top to bottom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes
With his Transformers 4 gearing up to shoot in May, Michael Bay spoke with Forbes about what fans can expect to see on the big screen in the summer of 2014.

"We’re going to start off smaller," says Bay. "There’s a brand new cast. To freshen the franchise, we’ve redesigned everything from top to bottom. The history of the first three movies is still there. We start four years later and there’s a reason why we’re meeting a new cast."

Among the new cast are Mark Wahlberg and Jack Reynor, the former of whom also stars in Bay's next, Pain & Gain, which hits theaters April 26.

"Mark is really excited about it and it’s a great redesign," Bay continues. "I said that 3 was going to be my last one. Paramount was letting me do 'Pain & Gain' and the 'Transformers' ride was opening at Universal and it was bittersweet to think of passing it off. I wanted to set it up on a really sure footing and to bring someone else in on that, it would have been overwhelming."

Although the plan is for Transformers 4 to offer a fresh start in a lot of ways, Bay is quick to point out that the sequel won't be a reboot.

"We keep the 'Transformers' the way they were," he says. "It’s just four years later. There’s a reason the Transformers are redesigned. We’re trying to broaden the franchise and give it more places to go."

link
So, will we actually get a "pimped" Optimus & co?
Old 2013-02-03, 00:16   Link #70
Kudryavka

I heard Megan Fox will not be in it?

Because Michael Bay treated her like an object and she quit?

That's good though, my main issue with the movies is all the time they waste looking at "hot" (to me, all of them except Fox look severely underweight, not hot to me at all. And all with heavy smoky eye and booboo) don't do it? Stop it! Stop it right now!!
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 00:21   Link #71
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
I heard Megan Fox will not be in it?

Because Michael Bay treated her like an object and she quit?

That's good though, my main issue with the movies is all the time they waste looking at "hot" (to me, all of them except Fox look severely underweight, not hot to me at all. And all with heavy smoky eye and booboo) don't do it? Stop it! Stop it right now!!
More like Fox run her mouth off about Bay and thought she was irreplaceable, so Bay showed her she wasn't and replaced her with a swimsuit model.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 00:30   Link #72
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh and Bay allowed anybody who can win Doritos commercial competition to work with him in TF4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes
Director Michael Bay got his start directing commercials and now he’s going to give another aspiring commercial director his big break. Since 2007, Doritos has allowed amateur filmmakers to offer up homemade commercials with the favorite airing during the Super Bowl. This year, two ads will air, one selected by the Doritos team and one by an America votes contest that ran on Facebook. Whichever filmmaker has the highest-ranking commercial on the USA Today Ad Meter ranking will get a job working with Bay on Transformers 4.

Forbes: What will the winner actually get to do on the Transformers 4 set?

Bay: Replace me as director (oh yes! ). No, we’ll see who the person is and depending on what he is interested in being, a producer or a director, we’ll try to tailor the job. It’s all hard work when you’re working on a movie.

link
So, who's the lucky(?) dude?
Old 2013-02-03, 00:32   Link #73
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
More like Fox run her mouth off about Bay and thought she was irreplaceable, so Bay showed her she wasn't and replaced her with a swimsuit model.
Hm. Well at least she has a name in Hollywood now. She will have little problem finding more work unless she is typecast as a ho.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 06:30   Link #74
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The official plot for Transformers 4:
Quote:
Originally Posted by comingsoon.net
As humanity picks up the pieces, following the conclusion of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Autobots and Decepticons have all but vanished from the face of the planet. However, a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control – all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs. The epic adventure and battle between good and evil, freedom and enslavement ensues.
Transformers 4 gives some jobs to the people of Michigan, Detroit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by comingsoon.net
The Michigan Film Office announced today that Michael Bay's Transformers 4 has been approved for a film incentive from the state. The film, expected to film this spring in metro Detroit, opens soon after the end of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, where a great battle left a city torn – but with the world once again saved.

“It speaks volumes about all Michigan has to offer that Transformers is returning once again to our state,” said Margaret O’Riley, director of the Michigan Film Office. “This project will shine another bright spotlight on Michigan and provide tremendous opportunities for our cast, crew and support services.

Transformers 4 was awarded an incentive of $20 million on $81,933,992 of projected in-state expenditures. The project is expected to hire 368 Michigan workers with a full time equivalent of 339 jobs.
Link
Old 2013-03-21, 07:19   Link #75
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

You know.

If they ditch the stupid annoying teenager and his stupid annoying girlfriend sub-plot, and focus more on the transformers themselves, I would say it's an improvement over the first three.
Old 2013-03-21, 07:23   Link #76
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You know.

If they ditch the stupid annoying teenager and his stupid annoying girlfriend sub-plot, and focus more on the transformers themselves, I would say it's an improvement over the first three.
Not for as long as Bay still get free military hardware.

The Avengers cut ties with the US military during filming, and it was better off because of it. But Bay will do no such thing.

It is a great Cosmic joke that Bay isn't making G.I. Joe films like he was destined for.
Old 2013-04-02, 20:38   Link #77
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Transformers 4 paves the way of bringing more Hollywood movies to China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superherohype.com
Paramount Pictures, China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises announced today that they have entered into a Cooperation Agreement regarding the production of “Transformers 4” in China. The Cooperation Agreement was signed on April 1, 2013 in Beijing and Los Angeles.
Pursuant to the agreement, China Movie Channel, under the State Administration of Radio Film and Television (SARFT), will cooperate with Paramount in broad-based support of the production of the film in China. “Transformers 4” is expected to be released in China on or about June 27, 2014. The parties also intend to cooperate in a number of other areas related to “Transformers 4,” including the selection of filming sites within China, theatrical promotion, and possible post-production activities in China as well as casting of Chinese actors and actresses in the film.

This agreement represents the first time that China Movie Channel will work with a western studio in the production of a major motion picture.

The unprecedented agreement followed a meeting with Mr. Tong Gang, Vice Minister of SARFT with the Transformers 4 production leaders including director Michael Bay, producer Lorenzo DiBonaventura and Paramount Vice Chairman Rob Moore, along with Jiaflix Chairman Sid Ganis and President Marc Ganis at SARFT’s official Reception Hall in Beijing. Minister Tong expressed support for the newly formed China Movie Channel/Jiaflix cooperation with Paramount.

The “Transformers” movies are among the most popular films ever released in China, and Michael Bay is among the most popular directors with Chinese audiences. Transformers 3, Dark of the Moon, released theatrically in 2011, grossed $165 million in China and over $1.1 billion worldwide.

“I’m proud and honored by how ‘Transformers’ has been embraced by Chinese audiences,” said Michael Bay. “I look forward to working with China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises to help reach more people here and deepen their passion for this ongoing story and its characters.”

“China Movie Channel and our official movie web site M1905.com have been long term trusted partners with Jiaflix,” said Yan Xiaoming, Chairman of China Movie Channel. “We have been working together in the field of importing Hollywood movies for Chinese television and internet, including Paramount movies, as well as introducing Chinese movies to the North American market and are very delighted with the results we have accomplished together.”

“This is the beginning of a new era of collaboration with the Hollywood studios,” Mr. Yan continued. “We are very confident that the China Movie Channel/Jiaflix cooperation with Paramount will result in the famous Transformers brand being an even bigger success.”

Jiaflix, through its partners, Sid Ganis, Marc Ganis and Kenneth Huang, was the driving force in bringing the new arrangement to fruition. Said Sid Ganis, Chairman of Jiaflix, “Paramount was the first major studio to officially join with us for the distribution of its films over the Jiaflix platform in China, so we are delighted to join our partners at China Movie Channel together with Paramount on this groundbreaking initiative. ‘Transformers 4’ are paving the way.” Jiaflix has recently entered into a long term agreement with Paramount, under which Paramount will supply more than 250 films a year to the new video streaming partnership between Jiaflix and M1905.com, a unit of China Movie Channel.

“We are excited by and grateful for the opportunity to work with China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises on the production and promotion of ‘Transformers 4,’” said Paramount Vice Chair Rob Moore. “We see this relationship as a reflection of the global power and appeal of both this unique franchise and Michael Bay’s talents as a filmmaker.”
Old 2013-04-02, 23:36   Link #78
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Not surprising. If there's money to be involved. China is a huge market afterall.

Quote:
Not for as long as Bay still get free military hardware.

The Avengers cut ties with the US military during filming, and it was better off because of it. But Bay will do no such thing.

It is a great Cosmic joke that Bay isn't making G.I. Joe films like he was destined for.
Free military hardware is fine but there's a fine line to draw sometimes.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 21:30   Link #79
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Latest interview with Bay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by empireonline.com
While he promotes Pain, Bay has been talking about the changes he wants to make to Transformers. During a chat with Moviefone, he warns to expect some design changes in the new film. "You know there are a couple of historians of Transformers. I would do my designs of the robots and they’re like, ‘What if you just add a little bit more ears to Optimus?’ But they’re really hands off.

“We’ve redesigned them in Transformers 4, and there’s some really cool sh*t in it. I’m literally redesigning every character, top to bottom. There’s a reason why they’re redesigned, but it’s also to keep it new and fresh to me. I think the fans will appreciate some of this new stuff we have in the movie and some of the new characters.”

As for why he’s coming back for another spin with Optimus and co, Bay seems clear on the reasons. “You don’t want someone to f*ck it up. So I at least wanted to set it up on some good footing. Because you’re going to get a different kind of director who is not going to want to follow in my footsteps. Directors feel very territorial. So they’re going to go to a more inexperienced director. It’s just the way Hollywood works.

“And I’m thinking, “God, so I’ll redesign it, set it up... Someone’s gonna f*ck this up. This is way too big of a thing.” And I’m looking at all these kids and I’m like, “F*ck, I gotta do one more.” And then I brought Mark into it. So now we’ve got a movie star, we’ve got full redesigns. At least it’ll be on good footing.”

Transformers 4, which has Wahlberg supported by Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz and Stanley Tucci, kicks off shooting in June with work planned in Chicago, Michigan, Hong Kong and China. It’ll be out on June 27, 2014.
Wow, Bay actually said that he don't want someone to f*ck up Transformers?! After all he has done?!

He really should look at himself in the mirror more often...or listen to the fans and critics.
Old 2013-05-01, 07:20   Link #80
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I think Irony just kicked me in the funny bone, I can't stop laughing.