AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-09, 01:41   Link #1161
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

If you thought that Viktor's intent was chilling, wait until you read Valentina's scene. That one is just cunning. In the end you won't be able to tell who is playing who for a fool, and who is using who's schemes to put themselves higher.

On that same note, Tallard is just as cunning.
Spoiler:

The cloak-and-daggers politics hit a new high in Vol 6.
Old 2013-03-09, 02:52   Link #1162
whsie

I've actually read a really detailed spoiler of the whole book, but I purposely skimmed through it because I wanted to leave the rich content to the actual reading/discovery.

From what I remember about Valentina (it's kind of a mixed bag),

Spoiler for spoiler:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 03:07   Link #1163
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
I've actually read a really detailed spoiler of the whole book, but I purposely skimmed through it because I wanted to leave the rich content to the actual reading/discovery.

From what I remember about Valentina (it's kind of a mixed bag),

Spoiler for spoiler:
Corrections:

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Applies to Valentina so far. However:

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
That actually applied to Sofiya.

Spoiler:

If you want to read the rich content on your own though, then yes, I highly recommend purposely ignoring these spoilers I've posted as the scenes are way better on their own once you read them.
Old 2013-03-09, 03:24   Link #1164
whsie

yeah, I remember something was off. That's why it's a mixed bag about the later content for me.
Old 2013-03-09, 03:29   Link #1165
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
yeah, I remember something was off. That's why it's a mixed bag about the later content for me.
I also highly recommend reading every detail during the Lux Fortress battle once you get to it. Tigre shows just how much he's learned from Mila, and it's another scene showing just how ingenious Tigre can really get. From the battle in Vol 4 to the battle in this one, Mila's influence on Tigre regarding subterfuge in battle is really showing.

Olga kicking so much ass doesn't hurt, too.
Spoiler for Olga:
Old 2013-03-09, 03:39   Link #1166
whsie

Yeah, for actual combat, I actually liked the tag team of Mila and Tigre in volume 4. They just had such great chemistry. In terms of working in unison, he worked much, much better with Mila than Ella.
Old 2013-03-09, 03:48   Link #1167
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Mila's also a great teacher, even better than Lim, as Mila makes Tigre work really hard just to get the idea of what Mila's trying to teach him. Of course, the idea of Elen being inferior to Mila in any way is just unacceptable, hence why she explained to Tigre just how much of an "opportunist" Mila was in Volumes 2 and 4. Right after Tigre mentioned how "straightforward" Mila was, too. I chuckled hard at that part.

I agree with their combat chemistry, but its understandable though. Elen wields a long sword, so she has to switch between either defending Tigre closely, or charging straight to the enemy and taking the fight to them. Lyudmila, wielding a spear (that can adjust its size), can play both offensive and defensive positions at the same time with regards to Tigre (which is exactly what she did in Vol. 4). That's probably one of the reasons why their combat chemistry was so great.

At the moment, I don't think any other Vanadis can play both defensive/offensive roles in combat involving Tigre. Even Olga has to pick between defensive/offensive as her combat style with her axe Viralt doesn't give much leeway unlike Lyudmila's style of combat with her spear Viralt. Probably Elizaveta, but she has to be won over to Tigre's side first...
Old 2013-03-09, 05:54   Link #1168
Zerohero

Tigre political position as it is strong in volume 6
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 09:48   Link #1169
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Where did you find the entire spoiler/if in foreign langauge, PM to me?
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 10:12   Link #1170
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
overall, it's a decent spoiler. I really liked the Lumie scene.

Spoiler for spoiler:

As a whole, it's a detailed and highly gory scene if you fully imagine it. At the same time, the details and descriptions of a simple scene such as a hunt is what makes this novel so enjoyable.

And like Archmirage said,

Spoiler for spoiler:

After the hunt,

Spoiler for spoiler:

Now, when I read the king's letter, all the hairs on the back of my neck immediately stood up. It sounded nice, but my senses told me that there is something really, really wrong here. I could sniff a trap.

Spoiler for spoiler:
not if the king is getting more and more replaced
Old 2013-03-09, 12:23   Link #1171
azziz

what tigre intend to do about sofya,does he know what's happening to her?
and how did she get captured?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 15:35   Link #1172
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
I also highly recommend reading every detail during the Lux Fortress battle once you get to it. Tigre shows just how much he's learned from Mila, and it's another scene showing just how ingenious Tigre can really get. From the battle in Vol 4 to the battle in this one, Mila's influence on Tigre regarding subterfuge in battle is really showing.

Olga kicking so much ass doesn't hurt, too.
Spoiler for Olga:
Bahahhah nice~! Totally happy about that development XD
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 03:57   Link #1173
ZeKeR
Superbad

I'm guessing when the girls see him being gaga with the loli...

Ellen - rage, reasoning of "you like them young?!"
the Queen of Brune (his childhood friend and forgot the name since it was too long) - slightly annoyed, may have reasoning of "you like them young?"
Tita - not sure, possibly annoyed or rage, again with the "you like them young?!"
Mila - I dunno, probably not gonna give a crap about it... probably
Sophie - like an onee-san displeased with her younger brother... probably....

also, exactly how long did Tigre stalk the buck? and I hope that his shot was awesome.
Old 2013-03-10, 04:27   Link #1174
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

say, how old's olga again..?? 14, 12, or 10 YO..??
Old 2013-03-10, 18:45   Link #1175
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
I'm guessing when the girls see him being gaga with the loli...

Ellen - rage, reasoning of "you like them young?!"
the Queen of Brune (his childhood friend and forgot the name since it was too long) - slightly annoyed, may have reasoning of "you like them young?"
Tita - not sure, possibly annoyed or rage, again with the "you like them young?!"
Mila - I dunno, probably not gonna give a crap about it... probably
Sophie - like an onee-san displeased with her younger brother... probably....

also, exactly how long did Tigre stalk the buck? and I hope that his shot was awesome.
I think Ellen wouldn't rage as much, I mean, this is a girl who already trying to talk Lum and Teita into an alliance to keep Tigre nailed in LaMetiz, and she also said she is willing to loan Tigre to Alexandra if she get better.

Mira might actually be pleased, since it would mean Tigre might be in to a girl with less than wholesome bust.

Right now the only girl who Ellen would be incensed at is Mira (rival)...so I think two of them are just 16 years old who want to keep a favorite toy away from each other.
Old 2013-03-12, 14:39   Link #1176
whsie

In Chapter 2, Tigre had a dream
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-03-12, 15:58   Link #1177
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
In Chapter 2, Tigre had a dream
Spoiler for spoiler:
Is that from a summary or you found a more descriptive source?

Also, this make me wonder if the original dragon king was a lolicon as well >.>. Or is Olga just the "Extreme undergrowth girl"?
Old 2013-03-12, 16:23   Link #1178
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Is that from a summary or you found a more descriptive source?

Also, this make me wonder if the original dragon king was a lolicon as well >.>. Or is Olga just the "Extreme undergrowth girl"?
No, that's the original source. If you go the big translation website, volume 6 is at chapter 1. If you go the original source, you can find up to chapter 2. Usually, the translator will translate on his own thread, compile the parts, edit it, and then post it at the translation website. In other words, you'll find the more refined and accurate translation on the translation site, but you'll find the latest updates at the original source. It's kind of like what na@om (I might have just butchered his name...) did with High School DxD volume 14.
Old 2013-03-12, 18:03   Link #1179
Zerohero

Will be translate volume 6????
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 18:13   Link #1180
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerohero View Post
Will be translate volume 6????
English? Don't know. I heard it was polled and the results haven't been favorable. The truth is that this novel has to get past a lot of preconceived notions. Most people who look at the cover will automatically assume ecchi+fanservice and shallow plot. I also know of a translator in the Chinese community who dropped the translation after volume 2 because in her words, "there was too much skin" when in reality, the ecchi scenes decrease and the emphasis on the deep plot increases. The translation of the series wasn't picked up until a few months later and even then, the series was slow in popularity, which led to slow translations. It didn't really get a following until maybe Volume 4 when people started to follow it.

Further, for some reason, deeper light novels that focus on politics generally hasn't been well received in terms of popularity. Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Rakuin no Monsho, and Mismarca Koukoku Monogatari are all light novels heavy in politics yet receive considerable less attention than the likes of Campione, High school DxD, Infinite Stratos, etc. In the Chinese community, Madan has gained enough support that the translation is moving along, but Rakuin no Monsho and Mismarca are still moving at a glacial pace.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)