Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-04-10, 10:24   Link #61
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
For once I'm going to disagree about that, it has obviously nothing to do with females considering Naruto and Hashirama are just as affected. If anything it must be powerful Uchiha pheromones. Or something.
Lol. I do agree! Even Mizukage was swayed by Uchiha's pheromones. Which is of course ridiculous But it still reflects even more poorly on the females.
Old 2013-04-10, 10:46   Link #62
GDB

That's the truth behind the mental disorder the Second spoke of. It's actually the Uchiha themselves being affected by a direct injection of their own pheramones.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 10:53   Link #63
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
But it's not like Sasuke was a good guy who only wanted revenge for his dead brother. He tried to kill both Karin and Sakura. I was really under the impression that the liberties of being a rogue led to him having the possibility of exploring his inner dark side and falling for it. Changing the facts that rooted his motivation earlier would not easily change his motivation if we take that into consideration.
With what we know now, those actions were likely due to the effect the Mangekyo has on it's user. So while you consider intent important (I agree that it is), the question becomes: were those actions really Sasuke's intentions, or manifestations of the Mangenkyo? Seeing his recent attitude(reminiscent of his past, calmer disposition before gaining the MS), makes me lean towards the latter.

Quote:
[..]And because of that, he actually didn't turn his back to the emperor when he found out that Padme had died and Sidious' promise turned out be worth nothing, because that was no longer why he was with the sith and the newly founded order.
Not to veer too off-topic, but he was also convinced that the Jedi were corrupt, and using him to spy against the chancellor as part of a collusion to take over the republic. I think the best way to turn someone evil is to make them believe in evil principles, such that they consider them to be "good" (e.g. believing they're only holding him back, why should he suppress his emotions, those who have power are afraid to lose it, etc.). In many ways evil can be considered a matter of perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Well yes! From what we can see what will happen, the four kages will defeat Madara and save the world, while Naruto will be in the sidelines. The only way to change this, is to have Madara defeat four kages, and then have Naruto (who got the second part of Kurama's chakra from Minato) defeat Madara.
The Kages are only “close” to full strength, Madara is far stronger than before, let alone factoring in the pseudo-Jyuubi that Madara has not used to its full extent as to not risk killing Obito. As strong as the Kage's are, they'll still likely need help. I seriously doubt Naruto will be on the sidelines, but to be honest even if he was, he did more than his share of work and was the dominant force up until now, so I honestly wouldn't lose sleep over it if it went that route. Realistically though, looking back on the whole war, its hard to believe Naruto wont have a major role in the upcoming battle. I don't see why you place so much importance on Naruto surpassing everyone in power. The most powerful kage of all time essentially failed to find a true solution to the problem of warfare, and it wasn't because he was too weak to do so : /

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2013-04-10 at 11:12.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 10:55   Link #64
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Naruto is like the reserve of The Walking Dead. The Walking Dead at first appears to be about the dead, but you soon realize it is about the living. Naruto at first was about the living, but now it is about the dead. Ugh.

We can talk about the many points where the manga started to go ownhill. But the introduction of Edo Tensei should be at the top of the list.

And unless this is a trick by Sasuke(I still say Oro is fooling them), there is no reason for him and Naruto to fight. Naruto did everything possible to avoid fighting Sasuke when he chose a dark path. Seeing this Sasuke will cause him to break down in tears and start kissing him. Naruto is not Goku. Naruto loves Sasuke and now has what he wanted. And yes, the main character's goal was accomplished by Hashirama and Itachi. Even Tobirama and Oro helped. Naruto had little to do with Sasuke changing. Yipee! Oh, and Naruto meeting Minato might have meant something if he hadn't already met him before.

And as poor as the writing has been, not even Kishi would have the Kages show up next chapter. We won't see them till the fall or winter The Alliance were winning. What would be the point? If you are going to do something as stupid as dragging more overpowered immortal zombies into the fight, than at least allow the final form Juubi to destroy 98% of the Alliance and the rest of the villages. Everyone can go live in Konoha. It will be like Tokyo.

The last thing this manga needed was immortal zombies who can't be hurt fighting each other.Talk about boring. And Karin's reintroduction might have been the worst I've ever seen in a story. I guess she and Sakura will fight each other over Sasuke's seed

Sakura...poor Sakura.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 10:59   Link #65
ronin myael
lost ronin

there's a lot of sasuke hate here and i can understand that. i've hated that little emo boy for a long time. but at least the flashback is done and they're going to join the battle... finally!!! i could care less about sasuke's decision to protect konoha or why kishi decided to let the four strongest kage join the war. i don't expect much from kishi nowadays so this chapter seems pretty good to me.
Old 2013-04-10, 11:17   Link #66
Owlman

Quote:
Well yes! From what we can see what will happen, the four kages will defeat Madara and save the world, while Naruto will be in the sidelines. The only way to change this, is to have Madara defeat four kages, and then have Naruto (who got the second part of Kurama's chakra from Minato) defeat Madara.
Oh wow... Theres no other way to say it, this just makes you sound like the ultimate fanboy. I can't believe you would actually want this contrived mess to happen just to have your favorite character be the strongest...
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 11:19   Link #67
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Sakura...poor Sakura.
Nah, Sakura's going to do something truly monumental: she's going to decide she doesn't have to live at the beck and call of Sasuke and Naruto anymore. She's going to become independent. Sadly, she's going to lose all her female friends in the process (because they cannot define themselves beyond whichever male character they are interested in), but she'll build a life all her own. Part III will then feature her as the main character, since Naruto and Sasuke occupied all of Part I and II...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 11:29   Link #68
quagmire

I don't know why people are saying Obito will be surprised to see Minato( maybe by seeing the first 3 Hokage and having Sasuke betray him). I think it will be the other way around. Minato will be surprised to see Obito being the masked man.

Second, if Minato does give Naruto the yang half of Kurama's chakra, how will it affect Kurama to get back the "bad" half of his chakra now that he is all nice with Naruto? Or am I not understanding the differences between yin/yang chakra?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 11:33   Link #69
ChronoReverse

Yin and Yang are normally not necessarily evil or good.

I don't think we know much about the natures of 9-tails' Yin and Yang chakra though.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 11:38   Link #70
DarkHollowIchigo

I wonder what Naruto's reaction would be when seeing all four Hokage's together, including his own father.

I also wonder what the 1st/2nd/3rd response would be when they see Naruto.
Old 2013-04-10, 11:52   Link #71
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Oh wow... Theres no other way to say it, this just makes you sound like the ultimate fanboy. I can't believe you would actually want this contrived mess to happen just to have your favorite character be the strongest...
First of all no need for insults. Post like this makes me glad rep system was turned off.

I don't have a problem with characters from the past being stronger then Naruto. But I do have a problem with having dead characters from the past accomplishing something that the current generation should do. And yes I want Naruto to be one of the key characters to do it. As we been told by the old toad sage and even sage of the six paths. And the only way for that to happen (now when the four kages are getting involved) is for Naruto get more powerful.
Old 2013-04-10, 12:15   Link #72
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
First of all no need for insults. Post like this makes me glad rep system was turned off.

I don't have a problem with characters from the past being stronger then Naruto. But I do have a problem with having dead characters from the past accomplishing something that the current generation should do. And yes I want Naruto to be one of the key characters to do it. As we been told by the old toad sage and even sage of the six paths. And the only way for that to happen (now when the four kages are getting involved) is for Naruto get more powerful.
Maybe this will happen....maybe Naruto resemble's Sage of the six paths so much it will surprise/shock Hashirama Senju, nobody knows still how the Sage of the six path's personality was back in the days.

Really curious how this all will end up!
Old 2013-04-10, 12:33   Link #73
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well, I'm hopeful for some good ole' fightins!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 12:37   Link #74
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's about time he put some damned logic behind his actions. Brother wants to protect village? Okay, I'll just go and destroy said village as revenge for his death. Wait... does this mean the First has Talk-no-Jutsu as well?!

I also like how apparently Sasuke had no reaction to the notion that Karin was an Uzumaki. Unless he just didn't hear it.
Kabuto already told Sasuke that Karin was an Uzumaki back in chapter 579.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 12:41   Link #75
GDB

Ah, that's right. Completely forgot about that. Thanks.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 12:43   Link #76
Owlman

Quote:
First of all no need for insults.
Honestly, I have no reason to insult you, it was just the truth. You wanting Naruto to display himself as stronger than all four legendary Kages combined sounds incredibly contrived and the ultimate fanboy dream. It'd be horrible to trivialize these legendary characters just to appease Naruto fanboys, I think its totally unnecessary..

Quote:
Post like this makes me glad rep system was turned off.
A post like this makes me wonder then, if you're so “glad” why you participated in the rep-system and didn't turn off your pretty green dots in the first place.

Quote:
Sounds like he'd be more than just a “key character” from your fan-fic up there. You honestly believe that Naruto is in danger of not having a key role in defeating Madara? Honestly? It sounds to me that you just want him to have the only key role.

If he currently has the power in him to save/destroy the world before the Kages entered, he still does after they entered. He may even become the jinchuriki of the Jyuubi and be granted the power to destroy/save the world because of the four kage's help. This may involve him freeing all the bijuu's chakra instead of keeping them as weapons, letting go of the hate and animosity; hence end of cycle. There are still ways for him and the entire current generation to accomplish their destiny, its just that you are so caught up with who has “moar powa”.
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 12:50   Link #77
Ero-Senn1n

"I'll bring a big present to you!" - it seems Naruto will finally learn a goddamn new jutsu, it was time

Reading the posts about Sasuke i find it strange that some people say he should be thinking rationally. Rational thinking is not what people do usually, people of our world who live in peaceful times where almost everything can be calculated, there are no big surprises and tragedies and stuff that can't be explained with knowledge and thinking. So many times we fail to think rationally The Naruto world is chaotic, people die every day, especially ninja, and worst of all there's all that magic stuff involved where people can't even explain why the hell they or their relatives had to die. Then there's Sasuke who was mindfucked by his own brother, his beliefs were completely changed, was obsessed with his revenge thing most of his life, and he's only 16 years old now. And what's the current situation he has to face: the imminent end of the world. Whoever here says that if life/fate threw all these things against him by the age of 16 and he still managed to think rationally he would be lying.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 12:52   Link #78
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Honestly I already explained my point. I don't see the need to continue this debate, especially when I am insulted.

So lets just agree to disagree? Ok?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
"I'll bring a big present to you!" - it seems Naruto will finally learn a goddamn new jutsu, it was time
I would love for that to be true. But it's probably the other part of Kurama's chakra.
Old 2013-04-10, 13:00   Link #79
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Honestly, I don't care. It could have been a lot worse and I KNOW most people were anticipating worse.

Might as well get it over with quickly. Sasuke will help beat Madara and then fight Naruto in the end, lose and accept his imprisonment but will work for the village in the future when he comes out on parole. Good enough for me.

Also, if Karin gets with Sasuke and Naruto with Hinata I'd laugh my head off. Sakura, forever alone.
Naruto and Hinata will never happen. He used to be in love with Sakura but even that seems to have subsided.

Hinata practically told him in his face she was in love with him. He then went batshit insane and got plotdumped by his dead father, and by the time all of it was over he had long forgotten about Hinata's words and never talked to her again.

Sorry.
Old 2013-04-10, 13:02   Link #80
haegar
mangaviking

I don't care bout all that crap as long as I get BeeXTsunade

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion