AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-29, 20:20   Link #21
Dural
Me > You

TokyoPop has the license for this series.

Hopefully it ends on the good side(Battle Royal, GTO) and not on the bad side(Initial D).
Old 2006-05-30, 19:59   Link #22
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

All you need to find out is whether they will really write "Rika Nishimura". If not, then you know they're going to butcher it for some nefarious purpose.
Old 2006-06-02, 09:54   Link #23
akoftroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
All you need to find out is whether they will really write "Rika Nishimura". If not, then you know they're going to butcher it for some nefarious purpose.
Who's Rika Nishimura? What other stuff could they butcher?
Old 2006-06-07, 10:36   Link #24
Mephisto2k
anime4life

this serie is so awesome. in the newest chapter there was yet another OMG moment when he executed his "ultra masturbation plan", while he was supposed to look for a job and his mother enters the room. Yet another fallback just when we though he would get out of the shit period. The author is just too cruell with him.
Old 2006-06-19, 05:40   Link #25
Eleutheria
旅行癖

I can almost feel that there's going to be a correspondingly bad moment for Misaki perhaps two or three chapters away.

The mangaka had me convinced that the series was going to end soon, with the guy finally moving out of his apartment and formally apologizing to his parents. Then comes that ultra masturbation plan -- something similar is gonna happen to the girl.

Then they'll both run away from home and meet up at the apartment, and realize their relationship is definitely a 腐れん (an undesirable but inseparable relationship)

About the anime, I think I got a whole lot more depressed when I read GONZO is doing it...

Last edited by Eleutheria; 2006-06-19 at 05:51.
Old 2006-07-29, 01:53   Link #26
arias

I'm suprised no one is keeping up this thread for what is a real quality manga. I'll be talking about the latest chapter so spoilers ahead..

This chapter (25) was one of the more heartfelt chapters I've read in manga, despite me not having a stable, rich attachment to the characters despite having read all of what's been released. I did not at all care about the mini-Yamazaki/Nanako arc.. but some of the others really punched hard. There is a deep, dank darkness about this chapter that gave my heart a good beating. I felt some of the dialogue was melodramatic and too keen, but some of it was great, like when Satou talked about his mother's cooking.

To think of it, it really took the wind out of me. Haha.. I only hope that the author give some of his characters -- maybe not all because such an amiable ending would betray the current drama, the opportunity for redemption. I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for Satou, in particular...

Last edited by arias; 2006-07-29 at 16:33.
Old 2006-07-29, 02:15   Link #27
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Chapter 25... depressing. It isn't really something to get into right away, I had to reread chapter 21-25 to get into the mood.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-30, 10:30   Link #28
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Well, I've read up to the latest chapter, 29.

and

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-30, 15:07   Link #29
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria
Well, I've read up to the latest chapter, 29.

and

Spoiler:
Is that all there is up to chapter 29? Shocking.
Old 2006-07-31, 11:12   Link #30
roan

welcome to rock bottom (chapter 30)
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-31, 23:23   Link #31
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan
welcome to rock bottom (chapter 30)
Spoiler:
And the pain goes on! I am suprised. I scoured the net to read more and acquire more regarding this but apparently NHK is not a very popular series. No one really talks about it.. I read a manga chapter review where the review said that he/she hoped chapter 25 was rock bottom and things would only go up from there.

I guess we were all dead wrong, and I wouldn't be suprised if you were as well. It's excruciating, and what's worse is that this is a monthly serialization. I'll stick with it to the end of this year to see if it rises.. if it doesn't, I'll probably put it away.. if only for my own sanity.
Old 2006-08-01, 04:55   Link #32
Mephisto2k
anime4life

He really gets himself into all sort of "geek-trouble" there is. Now he even got himself an imaginary girlfriend...just when i though he allready was through everything there is.
Old 2006-08-01, 19:33   Link #33
RuFi
Hikikomori

Does somebody know which days is released a new chapter of NHK in Japan? Is it Monthly...?

This manga is awesome It's a pity that the anime had been licensed by Gonzo... Where are the funny faces?
Old 2006-08-02, 02:59   Link #34
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
I've only read up to Chapter 26 so far. Volume four actually got me crying a little, especially when Satou wanted to jump from the Ferris Wheel @_@. 21-26 is okay, but its less fun when Satou and Misaki aren't together . I wish I can read japanese and read up to 30 >.<;.
Old 2006-08-02, 05:01   Link #35
Sakuyakun

This is sadistic, i really hope it ends well at least for Satou
Old 2006-08-05, 13:25   Link #36
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
Oh my god.
I only read up to Chapter 26, but since I can't resist spoilers I read those.
This series starts to be rather shocking. I really hope for some kind of happy end for Misaki and Satou, since I find most of their problems rather understandable.

That page in chapter 24 (?) with the wrist-cutting girl (and the cosplay and yaoi) kind of shocked me. That and Misaki even trying to imitate that. I really was like wtf.
Old 2006-08-06, 19:06   Link #37
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamion
Oh my god.
I only read up to Chapter 26, but since I can't resist spoilers I read those.
This series starts to be rather shocking. I really hope for some kind of happy end for Misaki and Satou, since I find most of their problems rather understandable.

That page in chapter 24 (?) with the wrist-cutting girl (and the cosplay and yaoi) kind of shocked me. That and Misaki even trying to imitate that. I really was like wtf.

Actually, wrist-cutting is a pretty common issue among teenage girls in Japan.
I knew at least 2 girls in my class who did it, not including myself; but the teachers aren't as involved as they are here, so nothing was ever really done. The Gothic Lolita girls especially stereotypically cut themselves. It's called "wrist-cut syndrome" there.
Old 2006-08-11, 18:30   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, do you guys think the anime is changing the story for Hitomi a lil' bit? I mean..

With having the meet-up in episode 05, i keep getting this feeling that we won't see 'off-line meeting' story if its going like this.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-08-11 at 19:17.
Old 2006-08-24, 07:09   Link #39
roan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Hmm, do you guys think the anime is changing the story for Hitomi a lil' bit? I mean..

With having the meet-up in episode 05, i keep getting this feeling that we won't see 'off-line meeting' story if its going like this.
it's looking more like a merge between the manga and the novel (the source for the manga) storylines.

brief summary of some novel points since it doesn't look like anyone else did this before

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-24, 07:35   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, i never really knew just how different the Novel told the story.. thats amazing!

At least now i know that any of the scenes that go into the anime that aren't from the manga have at came from a source, & that being the original one. Of course - its still gonna be fun to see just what the animes going to do with the plots of the future.. they've gt many ways to go around them.

Gonna have to track down the Novel. ^_^