AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-10, 10:39   Link #5201
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
I don't know if this has been already discussed (since I've been away from my computer the whole week).

But now Suzaku must be deluding himself if he still think he will ever be KoO:

-he betrayed his liege's trust during Turn 17 by spilling the beans on Geass to Schneizel.

-It's amazing how he went far after that in twisting his belief: after BETRAYING the highest autorithy which is the Emperor, fo the sake of "peace", he takes of with a weapon of mass destruction, following the orders of the "peace" promoter...

Not only will he never become KoO of the 98th Emperor, but the most likely candidates for being the 99th will NEVER appoint him to be KoO, as:

-Schneizel may have some resentment toward him as he "stole" his Lancelot to serve the Emperor instead of him. Also there is no way our new Dully would trust someone he's been manipulating that much.

-Lelouch Vi Britannia is....no comment
I'm going to laugh at you when it ends with him being the Knight of One.

Just saying.

Don't apply logic to Geass given situations that haven't even happened yet, there's always some alternate situation that arises that justifies the actions.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 10:42   Link #5202
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
I don't know if this has been already discussed (since I've been away from my computer the whole week).

But now Suzaku must be deluding himself if he still think he will ever be KoO:

-he betrayed his liege's trust during Turn 17 by spilling the beans on Geass to Schneizel.

-It's amazing how he went far after that in twisting his belief: after BETRAYING the highest autorithy which is the Emperor, fo the sake of "peace", he takes of with a weapon of mass destruction, following the orders of the "peace" promoter...

Not only will he never become KoO of the 98th Emperor, but the most likely candidates for being the 99th will NEVER appoint him to be KoO, as:

-Schneizel may have some resentment toward him as he "stole" his Lancelot to serve the Emperor instead of him. Also there is no way our new Dully would trust someone he's been manipulating that much.

-Lelouch Vi Britannia is....no comment
Actually if Nunally turns out to still be alive, Lelouch and Suzaku can repair the rift in their relationship and join forces to get Lelouch to become Emperor. Lelouch can then instate Suzaku as Knight of One so there is ONE way. Or hopefully I would rather have Nunally empress but I guess it is Lulu's show so.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 10:43   Link #5203
Aquaman OS

All he really needs to do is beat Bismarck and he can pretty much be appointed KoO. I doubt Emp will care.

On the other hand Japan accepting Britannian rule with him as Governor just went out the window. No way they'll take that now.

Both and Lelouch have effectively been cut off from their paths and goals now.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 10:53   Link #5204
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Well I kinda had a feeling that KoO wasn't a position were you only had to be the strongest, but also to be reliable and someone the Emperor could trust.

And Suzaku failed all this for the three forementionned persons.

Heck, another guy who dreamed of becoming KoO, Jeremiah, may be closer of reaching it than indecisive Suzaku.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:08   Link #5205
Sports72Xtrm

You know now that I think about, maybe Nina was right to entrust the Freya to Suzaku. I mean not for the same reasons that she believed though. I mean if not Suzaku who it was entrusted to then who? It would have just gone to some Britannian who would have used it anyways with out consequence to the casualties. If not a million Britannians dead then certainly a million Japanese. If he didn't go out with it the Britannians would still have taken it off and used it so what choice did he have? I mean Suzaku is impartial to Britannian and Japanese lives and he was Euphie's knight. I'm sure he never intentioned to use it but he never considered Kallen would have came after him for his blood and his Live geass would kick in.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:11   Link #5206
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
You know now that I think about, maybe Nina was right to entrust the Freya to Suzaku. I mean not for the same reasons that she believed though. I mean if not Suzaku who it was entrusted to then who? It would have just gone to some Britannian who would have used it anyways with out consequence to the casualties. If not a million Britannians dead then certainly a million Japanese. If he didn't go out with it the Britannians would still have taken it off and used it so what choice did he have? I mean Suzaku is impartial to Britannian and Japanese lives and he was Euphie's knight. I'm sure he never intentioned to use it but he never considered Kallen would have came after him for his blood and his Live geass would kick in.
The Britannians would probably use it on a target that wasn't themselves, though.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:23   Link #5207
El_Negro
Smurfee

Man after watching this, I hope the two of them end up working together, and if Lelouch does become Emperor I hope he makes Suzaku Prime Minister of Japan and Liberate it but the chances of that are very slim.

Did Suzaku fired the Freya at the Britiannians or the Japanese?

Cuz it looks Britiannian area to me
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:24   Link #5208
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
Man after watching this, I hope the two of them end up working together, and if Lelouch does become Emperor I hope he makes Suzaku Prime Minister of Japan and Liberate it but the chances of that are very slim.

Did Suzaku fired the Freya at the Britiannians or the Japanese?

Cuz it looks Britiannian area to me
It was Britannians
Old 2008-08-10, 13:35   Link #5209
El_Negro
Smurfee

Well if it was the Britiannians I wonder would they strip him of his rank as KoR?
Old 2008-08-10, 13:49   Link #5210
Vakir

Quote:
Well if it was the Britiannians I wonder would they strip him of his rank as KoR?
They're smarter than that.
Old 2008-08-10, 14:05   Link #5211
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
They're smarter than that.
I doubt it, trusting a Weapon of Mass destruction with an ELEVEN??

He destroyed the Britiannian Capital but that's due to geass.
Old 2008-08-10, 14:26   Link #5212
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
All he did was just blow up the office. And the result was that it forced the battle to end which technically is a britannian victory.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:26   Link #5213
lousylaus

Quote:
I actually don't like Lelouch much, but it's not his fault either. He was unleashing Kallen on Suzaku because this is WAR and Suzaku is the enemy.
Once again, works for everyone except for Suzaku huh. God I hate this place.

If Suzaku does lay a single finger on Kallen or every other major characters even if they're his enemies, he's a ******* and he must die in a pit of fire. But hey, if those same characters wanna try and kill him, it's ok and the right thing to do.

That Suzaku must die for "almost" using refrain on poor miss cute busty Kallen, but her attempting to kill him for what, the 3rd time now, is so cool and awesome and deserved.

Goddamn stupid CG writers, stop freakin holding back Suzaku, I wanna see him get back at those so call "friends of his" who only want to kill him and kick their ass for once. I mean he's only a major character in the serie and he's so strong, yet we haven't seen anything big from him on the battlefield since the start of season 2 and we're rapidly approaching the end of the serie, great, just great.
lousylaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:30   Link #5214
Dream_Traveller
Banned

You'll get your wish in Turn 21. Suzaku goes fearless.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:30   Link #5215
prototype_sky

Quote:
I doubt it, trusting a Weapon of Mass destruction with an ELEVEN??

He destroyed the Britiannian Capital but that's due to geass.
Well its foreign soil so it doesn't hurt britainnia that much if they decide to cut and run now . The capital is a mess and someone is going to have to foot the bill to repair it.

If this keeps up there will be nothing left to fight over.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:30   Link #5216
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
The entire show is about how Geass and Lelouch's bitterness has ousted everything he loves into chaos and despair. I'm wondering when people are going to start comprehending this and will stop quoting Zero in their signatures as if he were a decent person.

It's no one's fault: war sucks, and it was an unnecessary one in the name of personal spite in the first place. It didn't help that there were so many unlucky additional problems.
Wow you nailed Code Geass completely, a cookie for you sir.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:31   Link #5217
Aquaman OS

Well to be fair if Suzaku wins its kind of a bad end since his whole KoO plan wasn't going to work. So Britannia would rule and the Emperor would destroy the world or whatever his plan is. So Suzaku more or less can't win until he stops supporting the Emperor.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:40   Link #5218
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Well to be fair if Suzaku wins its kind of a bad end since his whole KoO plan wasn't going to work. So Britannia would rule and the Emperor would destroy the world or whatever his plan is. So Suzaku more or less can't win until he stops supporting the Emperor.
Suzaku supports the Emperor by proxy, it's really more of a system for his own goals. Just look at him clench his fist in anger at him at his funeral speech in ep 4. But at the same time, I am in agreement that this shouldn't be a total Suzaku victory, but it also shouldn't be a total Lelouch victory. I want the ending to be realistic in the context of real sacrifices being made and real resolutions to war being put out rather than just Hollywood "let's be friends" crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousylaus View Post
Once again, works for everyone except for Suzaku huh. God I hate this place.
I am a fan of Suzaku. I hold no double standards.

Quote:
If Suzaku does lay a single finger on Kallen or every other major characters even if they're his enemies, he's a ******* and he must die in a pit of fire. But hey, if those same characters wanna try and kill him, it's ok and the right thing to do.
They're more angry because of what he did to his father. The OBK cause seems more righteous than his own. And that's partly true, the problem is that OBK is being puppeted and lied to so that's the only reason they don't take the "good guy" label to me. That's why this is a neutral vs. neutral show.

Quote:
That Suzaku must die for "almost" using refrain on poor miss cute busty Kallen, but her attempting to kill him for what, the 3rd time now, is so cool and awesome and deserved.
This I'll agree with. Her 7 hit combo was amusing, but hardly worthy of a standing ovation and wasn't exactly deserved. She should be happy he apologized and didn't do it in the first place. Imagine what would happen if the same honor was given to Lord Bradley?

Quote:
Goddamn stupid CG writers, stop freakin holding back Suzaku, I wanna see him get back at those so call "friends of his" who only want to kill him and kick their ass for once. I mean he's only a major character in the serie and he's so strong, yet we haven't seen anything big from him on the battlefield since the start of season 2 and we're rapidly approaching the end of the serie, great, just great.
Like someone said, ep 21. He'll likely be fighting Waldstein, though, and I approve. Take the bull by the horns. The one who's in charge can at least protect his people from a military perspective. From there, he can control where the battle takes place to prevent anyone from dying. Say what you want about Suzaku or Lelouch, they're both powerful individuals with truly good hearts in their own way. If they had someone at their side to help them, either could make prudent leaders, Suzaku for help on political matters, or Lelouch to keep his ego and his frailty in check. While I don't want to see them team up, and they likely will not, they would make a damn near Utopian dual leadership.
Old 2008-08-10, 14:51   Link #5219
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

well now i am pretty convinced about Suzaku Character.
The live geass only awakens when he wants to die. and Accepts his fate.
Now both Suzaku and LElouch are in living hells.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 15:17   Link #5220
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

One thing that irks me about all this: Suzaku knows that whenever he resolves to die, his Geass command makes him live, yet he gives up here anyway and it got a city nuked. I'm not saying he's to blame for the involuntary firing, but for something he considers such a curse you'd at least think he'd take it into consideration.