AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-25, 03:50   Link #101
KimmyChan

Good news! All current 11 volumes of the series available to buy arrived for me through the post yesterday!

I totally can't wait to make a start on reading it now!

(And then prehaps for the rest of the chapters until Volume 12 comes out, I'll read them online)
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 20:47   Link #102
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Glad people are still writing on this on-going series.

I've watched the anime, enjoyed it, and hope for more (my husband winces at the mention of Ouran, but does he "leave the room" when I'm watching? NOoooo, there he is, out of the corner of his eye, grinning at the antics...)

Been trying to read up on the chapters (a lot to read!) and while I enjoy the series, I've been trying to decide if I want to buy it (no job equals little manga money, le sigh). I do like it.

My question though...do we really WANT Haruhi and Tamaki together? I mean, she's down to earth, a great gal, somebody you can depend upon. What does he have? Good intentions and a lot of money, true, but, damn, he's an idiot!!! I was really rooting for Hikaru. He makes more sense, and, he is a project that Haruhi can help and feel good with.

Tamaki is so much like Haruhi's father, though...it's odd....

Maybe the Kuronuma twins would be good for our Hikaru and Kaoru.

BTW, it's nice to have a herione that doesn't have super huge boobs.

Last edited by dpryciak; 2009-05-19 at 20:59. Reason: i'm an idiot.
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 04:23   Link #103
KimmyChan

It's also nice for Haruhi the heroine to be quite a down-to-earth, girl-next-door type aswell
Old 2009-05-20, 10:27   Link #104
blue skies
noch einmal?

omg, this thread is alive again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
Glad people are still writing on this on-going series.

I've watched the anime, enjoyed it, and hope for more (my husband winces at the mention of Ouran, but does he "leave the room" when I'm watching? NOoooo, there he is, out of the corner of his eye, grinning at the antics...)

Been trying to read up on the chapters (a lot to read!) and while I enjoy the series, I've been trying to decide if I want to buy it (no job equals little manga money, le sigh). I do like it.
lol, Ouran is one of the few shoujo series that a fairly large number of guys seem to get into, despite the fact that it's a reverse harem with loads of pretty boys. My boyfriend is the same as your husband; he won't openly admit to liking it, but he won't object to watching it (and laughing as he does so) either. I have suspicions he's been reading the manga, too. Men.

Quote:
My question though...do we really WANT Haruhi and Tamaki together? I mean, she's down to earth, a great gal, somebody you can depend upon. What does he have? Good intentions and a lot of money, true, but, damn, he's an idiot!!! I was really rooting for Hikaru. He makes more sense, and, he is a project that Haruhi can help and feel good with.

Tamaki is so much like Haruhi's father, though...it's odd....
Well, Hikaru and Tamaki are still competing for Haruhi's super special love, so it's hard to say for sure where things will go. I don't know how far you've gotten in the manga, so I'll avoid spoiling anything. Being a dense, goofy idiot is just part of Tamaki's charm; beneath the dumb blond surface, he's a great, caring guy who wants the best for everyone, and he can be quite thoughtful and sweet when he wants to be. I just think he and Haruhi have good chemistry and I love their whole dynamic. They're cute together, and she's not nearly the airhead he is, so it makes for a funny pairing.

As far as Hikaru goes, I don't know. There's just something about those "project" guys in some shoujo that kind of turns me off. On the other hand, even though it makes the Tamaki/Haruhi shipper in me cringe, I don't think I'd mind too much (or at least I'd get over it) if he and Haruhi hook up in the end. I really like Hikaru and hope he ends up happy one way or another, and he works with Haruhi too, albeit in a less amusing way.

Quote:
BTW, it's nice to have a herione that doesn't have super huge boobs.
Seconded like a mofo. I get sick of seeing 15-year-old girls with basketballs on their chests. (See: Bleach) You've got to wonder how they manage to maintain such perfect posture. :|

Last edited by blue skies; 2009-05-20 at 10:49. Reason: apparently I haven't had enough coffee today
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 17:22   Link #105
hyperviper

They should make a 2nd season anime for Ouran
hyperviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 20:53   Link #106
dpryciak

Well, Blue Skies, I've always been tempted by spoilers, and I'm reading some, now (regarding Hikaru's confession set with Haruhi) and I've read the last couple of chapters, (but not much in between 10 and 65!), but...hm, don't know where I was going with that. Lol.

Enjoying the series...

Ah, yes. Hikaru. Okay, not so much as a "project" for Haruhi, but more like...he is seeking to better himself FOR her. I can't stand "project" pieces, either. Gag. But improving oneself? Always commendable.
Old 2009-05-21, 02:40   Link #107
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperviper View Post
They should make a 2nd season anime for Ouran
I agree fully on this, as just one season isn't enough & a second will be just as popular, if not more so
Old 2009-05-23, 17:44   Link #108
dpryciak

When does Hikaru realize the depth of his affection for Haruhi?

And, does the school ever discover the secret?
Old 2009-05-24, 12:17   Link #109
KimmyChan

We can only wait & see to find out And it's gonna be brilliant doing so
Old 2009-05-24, 19:12   Link #110
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
When does Hikaru realize the depth of his affection for Haruhi?

And, does the school ever discover the secret?
Hikaru realizes just how bad he's got it for Haruhi right at the end of chapter 52, then it continues into 53.

Spoiler for goddamn lucky haruhi:

All that drama just gave Hikaru the kick in the behind that he needed.

Quote:
Ah, yes. Hikaru. Okay, not so much as a "project" for Haruhi, but more like...he is seeking to better himself FOR her. I can't stand "project" pieces, either. Gag. But improving oneself? Always commendable.
Agreed. It's sweet that he's willing to change and wants to be a better person for her, not to mention highly admirable for a guy his age. It just goes to show how much he really loves her. He's not as dense as a certain other person either, which is nice.

And actually, after you asked that question I ended up skimming some of those older chapters with Hikaru, and I think you might seriously be onto something, dpryciak. Mmm-hmm. If I end up shipping this, I blame you entirely. ;>
Old 2009-05-24, 22:21   Link #111
dpryciak

Does every boy in the host club love haruri then? DANG! and she being so clueless.

read the last chapter (or was it second to last of late?)...and it seems that Haruhi is feeling jealous...? Looks like Tono might win in the end. Dang.
Old 2009-05-25, 01:09   Link #112
KimmyChan

Haruhi is so lucky to always have so many fine looking boys fawn over here in this series
Old 2009-05-29, 15:09   Link #113
dpryciak

I find the anime to be a good translation of the manga. Sometimes that stuff goes way off kilter. The voice of Tamaki is just perfect
Old 2009-05-29, 15:31   Link #114
KimmyChan

The manga series is so lovingly drawn by Bisco Hatori well, it never fails to impress me
Old 2009-05-29, 16:49   Link #115
dpryciak

btw...I think this latest legal issue is inspired by Tamaki's grandmother, wanting to disgrace the boy and get him out of the school (because, if Haruhi goes, he'll want to go, too)
Old 2009-05-30, 20:43   Link #116
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
read the last chapter (or was it second to last of late?)...and it seems that Haruhi is feeling jealous...? Looks like Tono might win in the end. Dang.
It looks like Haruhi is starting to get butterflies in her stomach and feel really funny where Tamaki is concerned. But it's not over just yet; Hikaru hasn't given up competing for her affection.

New chapter's out there now:

Spoiler for ch 71 srs bsns:
Old 2009-05-30, 22:29   Link #117
dpryciak

I wondered what jobs they would take...Mori as a lawyer. Hmm, I can see that. Frightening! But, Hunny as a scientist? Somehow, that makes me laugh.

Oh, I wonder if Mori and Haruhi would ever work together. Same office, eventually, funny side story...

Questions:

1) I have only read 65-70, and 1-33...what DOES Chairman Suoh do, anyway? I know he runs the school...but I don't think I understand why he is so powerful otherwise. Fill an idiot in?

2) what is your favorite moment(s) of the manga?

Mine: Well, one of them is when Kyoya presses Haruhi against the bed, and she shows no fear, in fact, says "there's no profit in it for you..." So funny. And, well, all of chapter 33. I think Kyoya is becoming one of my favorite characters. Hmm, fanfict him....

Last edited by dpryciak; 2009-05-31 at 11:52.
Old 2009-05-31, 13:57   Link #118
KimmyChan

Oh nooooooooo!!! Not Honey and Mori going their seperate ways! *Sob! Sob! Sob!*
Old 2009-06-02, 00:38   Link #119
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

At least, there is now hope for me to see Sennen no Yuki being continued.

Lest we forget, going separate ways doesn't mean that they won't see each other ever again.
Old 2009-06-02, 08:44   Link #120
KimmyChan

That is very true, I hope that there's an upcoming reunion of some kind in a future chapter