AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-03, 18:59   Link #9121
JTeague

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka113 View Post
It's been highly implied that her mother also used mental interference magic to make certain that Miyuki never betrays the Yotsuba. I forgot what volume it was but at the end of volume 7 or 8 miyuki had certain rebellious thoughts of the yotsuba and all of a sudden she forgot what she was thinking about.
Oh. I certainly did forget that. I guess I'll check the end of volume 7. thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
There is some benefits to Miyuki remaining in the family. If she was to become the next head of the family like was epected then she could use her power to make Tatsuya a proper member of the family.

I get that, and you might be right. I just don't completely buy it. Miyuki is fully aware that the Yotsuba are a potential danger towards Tatsuya. Maybe her complete faith in him always winning allows her to balance the risks for reward, but it feels a bit off. unnatural.

Combining what you said along with the mental interference magic does sound about right though. Thank you both for answering though !
Old 2014-01-03, 19:22   Link #9122
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeague View Post
Since we're talking about Miyuki wanting Tatsuya in a position of power I have a question.

What exactly keeps Miyuki loyal and attached to the Yotsuba?

I get she was bred, raised, and learned as a Yotsuba through and through, so there's that, It's her family and her family responsibilities. But that sort of doesn't seem good enough lately?

She seems to not really like then, not really trust them, not really concern herself with them anymore than we have too.

It's stated (or implied? I don't recall exact words) That if Tatsuya ever turned against the Yotsuba she would likely support him. However it's also stated she would never leave the Yotsuba. making it seem her loyalty to Tatsuya equals her loyalty to the Yotsuba, even though a lot of the story leaves a strong impression that nothing equals her loyalty to Tatsuya.

So why?
is it because of her own reasons that I missed in reading?
or is it that Tatsuya himself keeps her attached to the Yotsuba as it's the safest course of action? I really feel like I missed something.

Your question is the same with hayama's question when he discuss it with maya in volume 8.

Quote:
"Miyuki-sama is deeply dependent upon Tatsuya-dono though. Should the time ever come that Tatsuya stands against the Yotsuba, I cannot think that she would ever oppose him."
His brow furrowed in concern, Hayama refuted the words of his mistress.
But there was no sign that Maya was disturbed.
"It’s fine. Even without brainwashing, it’s not particularly difficult to push someone’s thoughts in a particular direction. You don’t need an explanation do you, Hayama-san?"
There was pity in the smile now upon Maya’s lips.
"Miyuki will never be able to escape from the responsibility she has imposed upon herself. She was raised by my sister to be like that after all. And Tatsuya will never be able to do anything which causes Miyuki pain."
"……But, in order for that."
"Yes. It's unfortunate for the other children who are candidates, but it cannot be anyone except Miyuki. So that Tatsuya, that monster, will not turn against us."
"Miyuki-sama must receive the position at any cost then."
"There’s no need to fret, Hayama-san. I have everything already planned out."

Also as long as the Ten Master Clan system is like that, they will need the Yotsuba. Tatsuya must wait till the 101 independent magic batallion is strong enough.
Old 2014-01-03, 21:29   Link #9123
pampz21
ShipCore

Guys if this is an RPG what do you are the main character role?
Tatsuya being the DemonLord with Miyuki being the DemonLord's sister?
I got the perfect role for Erika =)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-01-04, 00:06   Link #9124
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Guys if this is an RPG what do you are the main character role?
Tatsuya being the DemonLord with Miyuki being the DemonLord's sister?
I got the perfect role for Erika =)
It's a Goddess isn't it!?

Spoiler for Goddess emits rainbow light even if she is white herself.:
Old 2014-01-04, 01:34   Link #9125
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
It's a Goddess isn't it!?

Spoiler for Goddess emits rainbow light even if she is white herself.:
Doesn't that make her his enemy?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-01-04, 02:11   Link #9126
pampz21
ShipCore

Goddess is very nice but id rather have her as a hero who will melt the demon lord's heart...
She fit both personality and weapon of choice
Why would she fit the role of melting the demonlord's heart bcuz Miyuki will never go against Tatsuya's decision if he ever wanted to destroy humanity

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-01-04, 02:13   Link #9127
bietchie11

Quote:
Goddess is very nice but id rather have her as a hero who will melt the demon lord's heart...
She fit both personality and weapon of choice
But that's the demon's king little sister's job already.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-01-04, 02:40   Link #9128
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
But that's the demon's king little sister's job already.
Yea it would be Miyuki's role but Miyuki cant go against Tatsuya's decision thats is why I think Erika would fit the role for cuz she is a friend and an ally...she maybe able to talk reason to Tatsuya, making her a heroine or a goddess! =)

about the other circle of friend Miki would be a sage or a priest, while Leo can be an adventurer who is stuck as a side kick for the hero, Mizuki will be a town's lady cuz I think she really fit that role, Honoka and Shizuku are "nobles" the people you see in parties the fan girls she really fit it

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-01-04, 03:02   Link #9129
bietchie11

Quote:
Yea it would be Miyuki's role but Miyuki cant go against Tatsuya's decision thats is why I think Erika would fit the role for cuz she is a friend and an ally...she maybe able to talk reason to Tatsuya, making her a heroine or a goddess! =)

about the other circle of friend Miki would be a sage or a priest, while Leo can be an adventurer who is stuck as a side kick for the hero, Mizuki will be a town's lady cuz I think she really fit that role, Honoka and Shizuku are "nobles" the people you see in parties the fan girls she really fit it
Has Tatsuya ever made the wrong decision?
Miyuki agreed with all those decisions since they were right.
Remember!!! Miyuki has reprimanded Tatsuya for his self-assertion before. She does not agree with everything he thinks, just does everything for his sake.

Erika fitted more to be a devilish friend of those siblings because:
Her philosophy is the same as Tatsuya. Many of Tatsuya's decisions make people shudder but Erika happy. In fact, she would be angry if he doesn't do that.
Spoiler:

And the most important reason:
Spoiler:

Angel or Goddness or Heroine? Not. Her. Style!!!

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-01-04 at 03:15.
Old 2014-01-04, 05:02   Link #9130
pampz21
ShipCore

I agree its not her style to be involve in troublesome matters, she only does so because of Tatsuya(according to Mizuki on vol. 3) and we all know since vol. 1 Erika is a succubus
Spoiler for succubus:

Even so I still think she fits the heroine due to her personality and choice of weaponry

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-01-04, 05:41   Link #9131
bludvein

I don't really care about shipping(I read this story for Tats being awesome), but I have to say I prefer Erika over the alternatives, even if it doesn't seem that likely. Miyuki is a no-go(to me) for obvious reasons, and the implications with Honoka are almost as disturbing.
Old 2014-01-04, 05:46   Link #9132
kfcpanda

Uhh Mayumi?
Old 2014-01-04, 05:48   Link #9133
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I don't really care about shipping(I read this story for Tats being awesome), but I have to say I prefer Erika over the alternatives, even if it doesn't seem that likely. Miyuki is a no-go(to me) for obvious reasons, and the implications with Honoka are almost as disturbing.
Yup Honoka is disturbing and she annoys me alot cuz shes taking Miyuki's place in the Oniisama is so almighty!

Specially that bday gift, like hell Tatsuya would put your picture in it

For Mayumi:shes an Ojou-sama to the core so a princess would be a nice role for her, she does have a fiance tho a prince called Katsuto
Masaki would be the prince who fell in love with demon lord's sister "the tragedy" R&J =)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-01-04, 05:55   Link #9134
bludvein

Quote:
Yup Honoka is disturbing and she annoys me alot cuz shes taking Miyuki's place in the Oniisama is so almighty!

Specially that bday gift, like hell Tatsuya would put your picture in it
Well its not whether she is or annoying or not that bothers me, but her dependence issues. Its practically spelled out that she would never refuse anything Tats asked of her, even if it was only implied(from her pov at least). While Tatsuya wouldn't take advantage of it, that makes any kind of relationship really lopsided and awkward. To put it bluntly she is a yes-man to everything Tats could say or do, even when she really shouldn't.
Old 2014-01-04, 06:32   Link #9135
kagato3

Quote:
Well its not whether she is or annoying or not that bothers me, but her dependence issues. Its practically spelled out that she would never refuse anything Tats asked of her, even if it was only implied(from her pov at least). While Tatsuya wouldn't take advantage of it, that makes any kind of relationship really lopsided and awkward. To put it bluntly she is a yes-man to everything Tats could say or do, even when she really shouldn't.
so in other words she's just like Miyuki.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-01-04, 06:40   Link #9136
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Miyuki can at least disagree, even if she usually doesn't. She may be a little too dependent for my tastes, but she isn't as bad as Honoka, who has a real problem. Miyuki is just a bro-con.
Old 2014-01-04, 06:42   Link #9137
Waxman

Actually Honoka's incapacity to deny Tatsuya is a little like Tats obligation of following Miyuki's orders in that aspect.
Sadly other than Honoka (and Pixie of course) no one else will be able to have a lasting relationship with Tatsuya, he can't romantically love anyone (for now), not even Miyuki but Honoka doesn't want to be loved by him as much as she wants to belong to him.
Old 2014-01-04, 07:00   Link #9138
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Thaats is why its annoying!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-01-04, 07:09   Link #9139
hakazee

Quote:
For Mayumi:shes an Ojou-sama to the core so a princess would be a nice role for her, she does have a fiance tho a prince called Itsuwa Hirofumi
Corrected

Quote:
Yeah Tatsuya should be alone and never married. He can stay with his sister forever.
Old 2014-01-04, 08:13   Link #9140
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
For Mayumi:shes an Ojou-sama to the core so a princess would be a nice role for her, she does have a fiance tho a prince called Katsuto
Masaki would be the prince who fell in love with demon lord's sister "the tragedy" R&J =)

Though he doesn't have as much screen time as the rest of the cast(for the obvious reason if him being in a different school) I like to think Masaki's the one who actually fits the "Hero" role if we were to assign RPG roles to everyone. His personality seems like a good fit for it, and the way he's described makes him feel "protagonist-ish". Also, the fact that most of the characters we usually see are Tatsuya's friends(or close to it) puts them square on the Demon King's side. But since Masaki comes from another school, has a crush on Miyuki, and because he and his friend "The Cardinal" have a strong sense of rivalry towards Tatsuya, makes them feel like the Hero Prince and the Mage/Cleric of another country who are set against the Demon King.

So for me it's:

Demon King=Tatsuya
Demon King's sister/Ice Queen companion=Miyuki
Demon Generals=Erika, Leo (arms) Mizuki, Mikihiko (magic)
Neutral Princess and Prince of other nations=Mayumi, Katsuto.
Scheming King=Koichi
Witch in the Shadows=Maya
Witch's Attendant=Hayama.
Demon King's followers/Ice Queen's companions=Honoka and Shizuku.
Demon King's personal armsmith=Ushiyama.

And opposing them we have:
Hero Prince=Masaki.
The Cardinal=Shinkuro.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings