AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-06-22, 16:48   Link #1
bakato

Kyokou Suiri ~ Invented Inference

From the author of Zetsuen no Tempest and Spiral!

Quote:
Meet the cute, smug, cane-wielding 17-year old Iwanaga Kotoko as she (very) aggresively tries to woo the older Sakuragawa Kurou and act as a mediator/problem-solver for the supernatural world.
Warning: Please read both chapters before you form any impressions about the main character.

Impressions: Fantastic artwork and don't get me started on the character interactions. Really feels like everyone's got some sort of screw loose. Just a teeny, tiny one. The series has a strong start with the first two chapters each being nearly 80 pages long. Someone please confirm whether this is monthly.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 17:04   Link #2
Chinatown88

Bi-monthly next chapter is released on 8/20, it says that on the last page on chapter 2.
Chinatown88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 17:11   Link #3
bakato

Thanks and is every chapter going to be this long?

Anyone got any theories as to what the second youkai he ate was? I wonder if it has any relation to goats, which strangely both heroines noticed his similarity to.
Old 2015-06-22, 17:38   Link #4
Xacual

I don't know why you suggest reading both chapters to form an impression of the main character. I think chapter 1 illustrates Kotoko really well?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 18:18   Link #5
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I don't know why you suggest reading both chapters to form an impression of the main character. I think chapter 1 illustrates Kotoko really well?
I was afraid new readers may get the wrong idea about him from his story about how he ran away leaving his girlfriend behind when they met the kappa.
Old 2015-06-23, 03:06   Link #6
Ladiusman

Huh, about time someone made this thread,.

And yeah, Chapter 2 shows the full story behind the Kappa incident.

Spoiler:
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 04:47   Link #7
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I was afraid new readers may get the wrong idea about him from his story about how he ran away leaving his girlfriend behind when they met the kappa.
Yeah what I was saying was that Kotoko seems to be the main character, not Kurou.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 07:15   Link #8
Fwarlord

After reading this chapter, I noticed 2 things:

First, maybe Kurou isn't entirely human since birth because his parent mated with a supernatural being, not just because he ate a youkai.

Second, Saki is a horrible girl, she:
- Dumped her fiancee for no actual reason after being a possessive lover the entire time
- Were mourning about it to the point of developing a allergy about things related to him
- Punched a crippled girl out of jealousy right after that girl saved her life
Old 2015-06-23, 07:32   Link #9
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
After reading this chapter, I noticed 2 things:

First, maybe Kurou isn't entirely human since birth because his parent mated with a supernatural being, not just because he ate a youkai.

- Dumped her fiancee for no actual reason after being a possessive lover the entire time
- Were mourning about it to the point of developing a allergy about things related to him
I want to punch her face too!

I think she has an actual reason to dump her boyfriend; she's being literally afraid of him because he's kind of monster. If I'd been in her shoes I don't think I'll be dumping him though, but some people might not agree with me and dump him because they're afraid.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 08:10   Link #10
Fwarlord

If it were me, no way I could break up with my fiancee just because that person's a little different from the norm. Honestly, what made her afraid that much? It doesn't look like the guy showed any hostility toward her, right?
Old 2015-06-23, 08:24   Link #11
Ladiusman

Quote:

"No actual reason" huh? Personally I'd say that was a pretty realistic reaction right there. People generally fear the unknown. As you could see, she was already pretty scared of the Kappa only for it to call her boyfriend whom she thought she knew very well a "monster" and then run away screaming (and in tears no less, lol).

I supposed they could have sat down and talked about it but what could he have told her? "I ate a youkai which makes my flesh poisonous to them"? That would make her even more scared of him. So yeah, hard to continue dating after that when you have such feelings.

Huh, the translator for this put it better:

Quote:
It's pretty clear that the reason she broke up with Kurou had nothing to do with personal emotions regarding him and that she still loved him. She says every time it comes up that it was her fault and calls her actions inexcusable earlier this chapter.

It's just, she was forced face to face with something that not only threatened, but shattered her views on how a rational world works and it traumatized her so much she vomits when she thinks about it.
Heh, even Saki herself admits that she's a horrible and selfish person.

Last edited by Ladiusman; 2015-06-23 at 08:46.
Old 2015-06-23, 09:15   Link #12
Avaricia
My Lord

Anyone here read the original novel? Would love some spoilers
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 09:20   Link #13
The One Above God
Kamijou

Spoiler for speculation:

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 09:26   Link #14
Ladiusman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Anyone here read the original novel? Would love some spoilers
I bought the Novel....even if I can't read much of it

I'll have to see if there's a Chinese edition or not since I can actually read that.
Old 2015-06-23, 09:38   Link #15
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
Spoiler for speculation:
point is, the hint we got was the other Youkai cancelled his aging suspension, and that's all we got, reasonably, it should be a Youkai that associated with death and this could be the reason why the others Youkai so afraid of him, and so far Nurarihyou doesn't have any aspect related to imortality so i don't think it would be correct.

This one have a novel?? i will try it out, i might get some info as for the others Youkai.

EDIT: ok that dampened my motivation, seem like the novel only got 1 volume and it was release back in 2011.

Last edited by dragon1412; 2015-06-23 at 09:49.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 09:52   Link #16
Avaricia
My Lord

Why would you assume it is a nurarihyon? As far as I remember, nurarihyon is not a savage Yokai.. Also, he's being compared to a demon so its most likely an Oni like ShutenDoji.

The novel is being translated. Currently have 2 chapters with one being at 40% and other one at 33%
Old 2015-06-23, 10:06   Link #17
Fwarlord

Actually, the theory "the eternal youth effect was canceled because he ate another youkai" is merely Kotoko's speculation, we don't know for sure if it's true, Kurou didn't even acknowledge it. The cause can be from something entirely different, like his origin or something else he ate beside youkai.
Old 2015-06-23, 12:31   Link #18
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah what I was saying was that Kotoko seems to be the main character, not Kurou.
The guy who's background has yet to be revealed is the main character to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Why would you assume it is a nurarihyon? As far as I remember, nurarihyon is not a savage Yokai.. Also, he's being compared to a demon so its most likely an Oni like ShutenDoji.

The novel is being translated. Currently have 2 chapters with one being at 40% and other one at 33%
Where is it being translated? It took me a bit of digging to even confirm this was originally a novel.

Quote:
Actually, the theory "the eternal youth effect was canceled because he ate another youkai" is merely Kotoko's speculation, we don't know for sure if it's true, Kurou didn't even acknowledge it. The cause can be from something entirely different, like his origin or something else he ate beside youkai.
If he doesn't even want to talk about the second youkai he ate, then why would he acknowledge it?
Old 2015-06-23, 12:34   Link #19
Hiyono

Love this guy's stuff. I'm a huge fan of all of his works, and this one seems to be pretty good so far as well. That bi-monthly release though =/
Old 2015-06-23, 16:31   Link #20
Avaricia
My Lord

hanagiku wordpress

Tags
eccentric heroine, loli main heroine, supernatural