AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-03-29, 21:13   Link #41
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I just feel this expansion is coming out way too soon. If it was like 1-2 months I would've been fine with it.
Old 2016-03-29, 21:40   Link #42
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I just feel this expansion is coming out way too soon. If it was like 1-2 months I would've been fine with it.
Better early than "late" or months down the line. I don't mind it coming out early. We NEED new grind spots now that people have hit 50 are pushing way beyond that as they should. Serendia Shrine, Kzarka Shrine, and Abandoned Monastary underground are becoming way too over saturated with players with guilds (including mine) holding onto spawns and war declaring or even PKing for grind spots. Not only that, the grind is horrendous after level 50, and gets worse as you level up. With the Media update, getting to 55, some even say 56 will be no problem, that is if the level cap is increased to 60. I'm so glad I slowed down on grinding, currently 52. My guild has been vigorously pushing for people to hit 55, but according to YTers (especially Hakurai), he mentions that if you focused on getting money and leveling your "Life" skills, you are in a good position for Media whereas those that spent all this time hardcore grinding to 55 basically wasted their time because of how much easier it will level with better spawns and higher level mobs.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 22:48   Link #43
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Serendia Shrine, Kzarka Shrine, and Abandoned Monastary underground are becoming way too over saturated with players with guilds (including mine) holding onto spawns and war declaring or even PKing for grind spots.
Which is pretty bad form on their part; I would hope you yourself keep your hands clean of such nonsense. Which, I suspect, also serves as disincentive for prospective players - they see this and ask, "why should I play an MMO where this is accepted and normal conduct?"
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 23:59   Link #44
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Which is pretty bad form on their part; I would hope you yourself keep your hands clean of such nonsense. Which, I suspect, also serves as disincentive for prospective players - they see this and ask, "why should I play an MMO where this is accepted and normal conduct?"
My guild and I are pretty good in terms of PK, we only attack back if they flag on us, rarely do we PK (I've never done so) for a spot. If the spot is already taken we leave unless we are already war declared with them. Guildies have PK'd others for people that pushed into their spawn and did not leave when asked, but as far as I know, it's never the other way around.

It's not nonsense, it's the nature of the game. This MMO is more focused on open PvP and it's unfortunate for the "casuals" in the game. I'm would honestly consider myself a casual too, but I happened to join a large/pvp active guild which benefits me in terms of PvE.

Old 2016-03-31, 00:15   Link #45
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Enjoying the change of scenery as well as grind spots. Mediah is pretty vast (as it should be since it's a new territory). I'm surprised Altinova doesn't have that many daily quests compared to Calpheon, most of the dailies seemed to be spread among the nodes throughout Mediah which means a lot of running around for daily contribution quests =/.

Site says that Blader/Plum will be released April, two more classes to be released in May, and the next territory Valencia and Awakening skills in June.

Source

Pretty happy with the continuous release of content that doesn't take 3 months+ like in other MMOs for it to be released. Makes sense though, because KR BDO is freaking HUGE

Old 2016-04-01, 10:29   Link #46
Jaden

If you went into the shrines alone on my server, you could expect to be attacked on sight and definitely would be gang raped if you stayed for more than 20 minutes. Trying to grind at the best spots was really stressful without a good party...but the positive side was learning about PvP.

Now the most territorial and hardcore grinders are all in Media so the shrines have become almost safe. In that sense the expansion timing is nice. But I guess it will stagnate when we catch up to KR.

What I'd like to know is how the evasion stat is working. I stacked evasion and quite a lot of DP on my Tamer because it seems really effective. Mobs of my level are missing more than half their attacks and I'm not getting done in by any 100%-0% combos in PvP anymore. Some people are saying that the stat was greatly nerfed in KR at some point, but is this balance change already in effect for us? It's kinda worrying because this gear build is sacrificing like 20 AP and if evasion gets greatly nerfed, it'll be just bad.
Old 2016-04-01, 11:44   Link #47
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

The money is really heavy, is there a bank where I can store it or something?
Old 2016-04-01, 13:13   Link #48
Jaden

Yeah, you can use any storage manager in towns to put silver in the warehouse. They can also exchange it into gold which you can't use, but is easier to carry from one place to another.
Old 2016-04-01, 15:35   Link #49
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
If you went into the shrines alone on my server, you could expect to be attacked on sight and definitely would be gang raped if you stayed for more than 20 minutes. Trying to grind at the best spots was really stressful without a good party...but the positive side was learning about PvP.

Now the most territorial and hardcore grinders are all in Media so the shrines have become almost safe. In that sense the expansion timing is nice. But I guess it will stagnate when we catch up to KR.
Pretty much. Glad I joined a "hardcore" guild (I'm in ThePRX) because it allows me to find grinding groups easily and hold our ground. As I mentioned in an earlier post, this MMO does focus on PvP/PK so it is quite unfortunate for players that aren't in large guilds because they may have a tougher time finding a decent grind group to level, but at the same time it encourages to seek our to join a larger guild. If only Daum made professions give MORE exp, that could be a minor supplement to leveling if grinding doesn't work out for people. I'm glad they didn't increase the level cap to 60, some are speculating probably end of this month when/if they release the Blader and Plum. I grinded in Sauson Garrison (the newer popular grinding spot) for about 2 hours with Milk Tea and made roughly 35%. I am SO glad I didn't rush myself to 55 pre-Mediah and dealing with a horrid grind like many others did lol. Apparently its about 1.5% or so exp/hour at level 55 at Sauson though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
What I'd like to know is how the evasion stat is working. I stacked evasion and quite a lot of DP on my Tamer because it seems really effective. Mobs of my level are missing more than half their attacks and I'm not getting done in by any 100%-0% combos in PvP anymore. Some people are saying that the stat was greatly nerfed in KR at some point, but is this balance change already in effect for us? It's kinda worrying because this gear build is sacrificing like 20 AP and if evasion gets greatly nerfed, it'll be just bad.
I would like to know as well. One of my guildies found a stone worth 1.5mil that adds +5 to evasion.There is speculation on how Accuracy works too, but after all this time you would think BDO would add a "Miss" or "Evade" hit marker and because there isn't one, we can't tell how effective evasion or accuracy actually is. If anything, you would have to pay close attention to the opponents health when attacking them which is already tough especially if they are in camo suits, moving around a lot, potting up, and in small or large scale pvp. The consensus right now at higher levels is to stack accuracy (some are saying 15-20 for pvp at 55) rather than full AP.

At the moment I'm taking my time to get money, explore, do quests since leveling at 52 isn't too bad. I should be level 53 by end of this weekend. I also do the Calpheon Timber Crates and made my first transport/sell from Trent to Altinova. Total transportation costs of 23 crates was about 75k or so. Sold it all in Altinova at 130% with 49% distance bonus which yielded about 2.5 million. I'll actually be selling in Abun, slightly south of Altinova which I think will give 51% distance bonus, in the future. I actually just sent another 40 crates to Altinova which should yield between 5-6mil if I sell at the right times.

For those that don't know, I recommend buying the Epheria Fishing Rod. It is repairable too. Google Fishing Hot Spots for BDO and get a raft or fishing boat. AFK fishing while I sleep with just the Epheria Rod, I make 400-500k from the hot spots. I am lazy, but if I transported it all to Altinova, that would probably sell for like a lot more. Once you hit Professional/Artisan in fishing, you can go deep sea fishing (with the appropriate rod or lure) and catch fish worth 100kish each from what I've heard.

Last edited by barcode120x; 2016-04-01 at 20:13.
Old 2016-04-02, 07:03   Link #50
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I don't know what to do in this game. I like the mechanics (for the most part), but the content isn't gripping me. I guess Sandbox just isn't for me when it comes to MMO's. Should have known after having played EVE Online.
Old 2016-04-02, 10:44   Link #51
Avaricia
My Lord

I'm guessing you guys play on NA?
Spoiler for NightElf (forgot to optimize ears to the maximum):
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 17:35   Link #52
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What the hell is going on with the Daum Cash? I can't even buy 10$ one. It skips any information after the checkout and says payment failed.

This is happening to a lot of people.
Old 2016-04-03, 03:31   Link #53
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
What the hell is going on with the Daum Cash? I can't even buy 10$ one. It skips any information after the checkout and says payment failed.

This is happening to a lot of people.
Go to Daum Website > Buy Coins > Open Pearlshop > Click Refresh > Purchase Pearls = Profit?
Old 2016-04-03, 18:10   Link #54
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Go to Daum Website > Buy Coins > Open Pearlshop > Click Refresh > Purchase Pearls = Profit?
You blind? I said it won't let me buy the damn Daum Coins. =\ read next time
Old 2016-04-04, 05:52   Link #55
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
You blind? I said it won't let me buy the damn Daum Coins. =\ read next time
Happening to lot of people yet no evidence.
Living in a third world country has its problems. One of them is your attitude of course
Old 2016-04-04, 08:25   Link #56
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Happening to lot of people yet no evidence.
Living in a third world country has its problems. One of them is your attitude of course
No Evidence of what?

what third world country? what the hell are you talking about? You're the one ignoring what i said and did the stupid =profit??? thing. are you talking about YOUR attitude? lol
Old 2016-04-06, 04:13   Link #57
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Umm, where can I buy a lantern? I can't find any in the trade market.
Old 2016-04-06, 11:16   Link #58
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitta Luminis View Post
I think hte person who sells the cheap tools sells them.
Old 2016-04-06, 11:20   Link #59
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

If there is one thing I've really come to appreciate more playing, it's the beautiful atmospheric parts of the soundtrack for when you're idle/walking around/exploring the world/trading/gathering/etc, they really add well to the experience. The most notably tracks for thus far for me would be Behr, The General Night time (), Calpheon, & Keplan themes.

I wish I could say that the combat music had won me over this much, but it hasn't .

Quote:
Any general goods store should sell them for 5k; you can also get Oil to refill it from them.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-06, 11:23   Link #60
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Can be bought from the general goods vendor, where you buy potions.

My guild did a medium and extra-large guild boss yesterday. Super easy, just took awhile. 1 person got a Liverto bundle while the rest of us got blackstones, grunil pieces, and money. I believe it's random. In terms of silver, turns out to be 750k-1mil per person in loot per guild boss. We had a good 30 people I'd say? As a 2ndary guild to the main, we're hoping to do guild bosses twice a week, but since it costs money, we really need to be doing guild missions x5 every day. It's tough because although our 2ndary guild is almost at 100 members, we're not as "hardcore" per say compared to the main guild.

Been racking up lots of money and hunter seals the past couple days. I just hit 53 the other day, hoping hit 54 by Saturday. As mentioned earlier, selling Calpheon Timer Crates from Trent to Abun (shortly south of Altinova) sells at about 111k (after bargaining) each with a 52% distance bonus. Can't believe why I have been so lazy with selling fish. I use a hot spot at Baremi Islands and just sell in Velia (17% bonus) but people told me to sell in Trent (was lazy to run down and back that's why). Instead of making 500k per afk session selling to Velia, I now make 750-900k if I go to Trent to sell. I just sent an alt to Trent, so now I need some more contribution points for storage space so I can just ship the fish instead of running it down.

Tags
sandbox