AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 5 12.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 25.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-14, 00:41   Link #201
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It all went to hell when Vivio came on the scene...

First five episodes, all more or less introduction, okay I can accept.

The Teana-Nanoha incident... Not my cup of tea, and too darn long, but I accept...

But it was all lost when that little girl came onto the scene.
Yeah,vivio screentime was way too much.UM for teana,you know she's no one special so she needs that.
Old 2007-08-14, 00:46   Link #202
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I think Chaos meant how the whole plot kinda changed when Vivio came in....the main plot now is to save Vivio while we all thought that the Prophecy/Destruction of TSAB and maybe Project F might all lead to the main plot of the season.
Saving Ginga looks like a side plot now, due to the fact that we might get full attention of Nanoha and Vivio and to see if Nanoha will have to use BUSTER MODE.
Old 2007-08-14, 00:56   Link #203
Key Board
Carbon

The impression I have from Vivio is...

Oh wait, we need a reason to give Nanoha more screen time! We can't let Subaru take over completely until the 4th season!

granted it probably it ties into Nanoha's eventual "can I really do anything else besides fight, dilemma" but it does seem rather sudden

next,

Hayate's problem is that her strategy is reactive

She seems to be gambling that if the enemies play all their trump cards earlier, they won't have left to hit back when section six plays THEIR trump cards

given that this is shounen it is effective, but sometimes you wonder if going all out and thinning down the numbers (pun intended) wouldn't be more effective
Old 2007-08-14, 01:08   Link #204
Nemesis

hmm i wonder,up till now............

Who is smuggling the relics?
Who created vivio?
Why even mention Project F in this series?
Why are the Jewel Seeds even need to be in here?
Old 2007-08-14, 01:13   Link #205
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
hmm i wonder,up till now............

Who is smuggling the relics?
Who created vivio?
Why even mention Project F in this series?
Why are the Jewel Seeds even need to be in here?
It's not explicitly stated IIRC, but the ones smuggling the relics seems to be Regius

or rather, he is providing a way to deliver it to Scag so it can be stolen by him. He has been providing illegal material to the doctor for years. Vivio was probably made in one of Regius secret labs. Yes, he has some.

The one who had Quint Nakajima killed was probably him too, since she figured out his secret dealings

those microchips do not seem to be actual jewel seeds, but rather something reversed engineered from them

project F is mentioned so they can give Fate and Erio more character development and introduce the element of illegal genetic engineering.
Old 2007-08-14, 01:22   Link #206
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Or the could be just another plot holes especially the jewel seeds and project F parts.To confuse the fans

More costumer for the SS/Manga if they ever explain em in there
Old 2007-08-14, 01:34   Link #207
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
It's not explicitly stated IIRC, but the ones smuggling the relics seems to be Regius

or rather, he is providing a way to deliver it to Scag so it can be stolen by him. He has been providing illegal material to the doctor for years. Vivio was probably made in one of Regius secret labs. Yes, he has some.

The one who had Quint Nakajima killed was probably him too, since she figured out his secret dealings

those microchips do not seem to be actual jewel seeds, but rather something reversed engineered from them

project F is mentioned so they can give Fate and Erio more character development and introduce the element of illegal genetic engineering.
Isn't it clear in this episode that CLIENT = TSAB High Council? And that even the TSAB Attack on GC was half-orchestrated by them to 'silence' Regius, which was why Zest was entrusted with the mission to kill Regius/protect Lutecia.

Until Jail shoved the middle finger down their half-assed parenting brains of course, courtesy of Due and the Cradle.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-14, 01:37   Link #208
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wouldn't RF6 Commander/Vice/Captain kick ass in the next episode with their limiters released? Like wasn't Fate fighting equally against Tre and the other number in ep 17? Meaning the Numbers were fighting at full strength while RF6 was limited.
Old 2007-08-14, 01:37   Link #209
Key Board
Carbon

I had the impression that Regius was acting on their behalf. He has their approval and reports directly to them after all. Somewhere along the way they wanted to cover their tracks, since certain people were close to finding out and Regius was drawing too much attention to himself

But now that I think of it.. hmm...
Old 2007-08-14, 01:45   Link #210
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Wouldn't RF6 Commander/Vice/Captain kick ass in the next episode with their limiters released? Like wasn't Fate fighting equally against Tre and the other number in ep 17? Meaning the Numbers were fighting at full strength while RF6 was limited.
It was IMPLIED that Fate too was at full strength when she fought Tre/Sette, but whatever. Since Tre/Sette are at the base and Fate's going there too, we'll see if they're still equal until Fate goes Limit Break and kick their fine asses (( without a doubt )), or will Fate beat them easily without even Limit Break until Jail pulls out something of his own.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-14, 01:45   Link #211
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Actually I believe Fate and gang was fighting with limiter release in Ep 17.Remember how Zest notice that several 'S' Mages were on the move and decided to retreat.Though it may not be directed at em

Edit:Gehh... lol beaten by Nighty xD
Old 2007-08-14, 03:05   Link #212
Aaron008R

In any case, The titles of the subsequent episodes are:
From Wiki:
21: Decisive Battle (Kessen)
22: Pain to Pain
23: Stars Strike

By the way they're naming them, looks like it's all out war from now on. The focuses would undoubtedly be shifting. Episode 23 looks like a Stars Squad episode. Following how they do things, maybe we could get battles until 25(or even 24) and have the last (or last two) episodes as wrap-ups.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-08-14, 03:39   Link #213
aers
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
In any case, The titles of the subsequent episodes are:
From Wiki:
21: Decisive Battle (Kessen)
22: Pain to Pain
23: Stars Strike

By the way they're naming them, looks like it's all out war from now on. The focuses would undoubtedly be shifting. Episode 23 looks like a Stars Squad episode. Following how they do things, maybe we could get battles until 25(or even 24) and have the last (or last two) episodes as wrap-ups.
I can confirm the battle is nowhere near over at 23 and will definately continue into 24, and possibly 25. :P
Old 2007-08-14, 06:30   Link #214
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
I can confirm the battle is nowhere near over at 23 and will definately continue into 24, and possibly 25. :P
Confirmation? Where? Source? :3

Anyway, from the pace they're most comfortable with in execution looking at 11/12 and 16/17, so long as there's no 'stopping pits' in between like the Fate dream, 2 episodes seem about right for Team Cradle and Team Scaglietti to cover their grounds, and another for the Forwards.

But of course, I expect there to be some sort of twist or 2, to add more dimension to the whole situation (( We still don't know WHAT THE HELL ARE RELICS! )) and also extend it by another episode or 2.

Old 2007-08-14, 06:43   Link #215
aers
*Fansubber

Source is Newtype and Animedia magazines. Same source of those episode titles, actually. Episode summaries for 20 (which aired obviously <_<) - 23 were in the newest released. 23's summary was very vague but there's no way the battle is over at that point. Have no fear that this battle is going to be utterly ridiculous in scope. <_<
Old 2007-08-14, 06:44   Link #216
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Mind spoiling? >_<

Old 2007-08-14, 06:52   Link #217
aers
*Fansubber

Spoiler for 21/22/23 click at your own risk:

Source posted too in case someone wants to check the translation, the friend who did it for me wasn't 100% sure about everything.
Old 2007-08-14, 06:57   Link #218
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Hayate's problem is that her strategy is reactive

She seems to be gambling that if the enemies play all their trump cards earlier, they won't have left to hit back when section six plays THEIR trump cards

given that this is shounen it is effective, but sometimes you wonder if going all out and thinning down the numbers (pun intended) wouldn't be more effective
Her strategy is beyond reactive. She allowed her enemies to pile up to the point that they don't need new trump cards to be major threats. Of course, they do have a few new trump cards making them mega-threats ... the most critical of which they probably wouldn't have gotten had she actually planned this out...

I know this view would be controversial, but I'm almost begging for Ep26 to be her court martial. It may not sound very fair because it is not only her fault, but she definitely has enough culpability by now to be court-martialed (even she knows it), and it is the lot of the middle-ranked commander traditionally to eat their own errors and their boss' ... at least she'd be a lot less innocent than a lot of other officers, say the Captain of the USS Indianapolis.

Of course, I know that Ep26 will most likely be lovey-lovey instead.
Old 2007-08-14, 06:58   Link #219
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@aers

Ho...? That's interesting...
Old 2007-08-14, 07:02   Link #220
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
I know this view would be controversial, but I'm almost begging for Ep26 to be her court martial. It may not sound very fair because it is not only her fault, but she definitely has enough culpability by now to be court-martialed (even she knows it), and it is the lot of the middle-ranked commander traditionally to eat their own errors and their boss' ... at least she'd be a lot less innocent than a lot of other officers, say the Captain of the USS Indianapolis.
I don't think they can afford to court-martial her by the end, not when everything's going to hell.

Ground center would be too mess up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Of course, I know that Ep26 will most likely be lovey-lovey instead.
NOOOO!!!! There must be Reinforce-class drama and angst!

And the Sacrificial lamb would be...!
Closed Thread