AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 59 37.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 32.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 16.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 8.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-27, 22:48   Link #201
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
My uncultured affairs in the circle of anime (Or my lack of interest/time to watch anime, whichever is more dominant at any particular time) led me to not get importance or possible cameo in that train scene, other than the suspicious thought of "Is there some importance to the foreground person that this scene has somewhat fixated on for the past few seconds?"
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-04-28, 06:17   Link #202
gundam rider

LAPLACE'S BOX theory!?

so..., we all now have been successfuly went through ep.4, typical beach & open bath episode.....

but now, why do i started to see H-doujin artists starting to make "alternate" scenes of this episode....currently....

running through my mind......

hmmmm.......

ahh..., well thats what you call....REALITY.....duh

.....it will HAPPEN.....

Last edited by gundam rider; 2009-04-28 at 06:33.
Old 2009-04-28, 09:14   Link #203
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

On another note. I think the conversation in K-on Ep 4 (and all other Ep thread) are currently quite away from track. Most of things i read recently are useless flaming of "whether K-on is slice of life or music anime" and "how slow the story progress"

I means: there are too little discussion about Ep itself. Someone mentioned Yui sand bird and ask what it refer to, but it died out quickly . Mugi's house and all the pictures on the wall looks quite interesting but barely mentioned. Then the way Mugi herself cry in tear for showing to her friends how rich she is also worth to mention....

Then we have Mio and Ritsu's contradict relationship to the club. Ritsu is the persistent one who pulled everyone, including Mio into the club room. She leads the "group project" trying to get Yui a guitar so they can start practicing. However Ep 4 shows Mio is actually in the leading role when it comes to the actual group activity, and their aims for future achives.
Old 2009-04-28, 10:10   Link #204
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I can't get enough of this, I feel like I wanna bury my face there and snuggle.

Spoiler for Mio *_*:
Old 2009-04-28, 10:32   Link #205
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

Spoiler for Mio *_*:
I watched the screen for 10 times+ lol. Not only for that, but how Ritsu+Yui's reaction and Mio's face after hit by that ball (gonna make an avatar with it ^^).
Old 2009-04-28, 11:47   Link #206
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
On another note. I think the conversation in K-on Ep 4 (and all other Ep thread) are currently quite away from track. Most of things i read recently are useless flaming of "whether K-on is slice of life or music anime" and "how slow the story progress"

I means: there are too little discussion about Ep itself.
You ought to see some of the shounen episode/chapter discussion threads if you think the K-On! episode discussion thread has done off track; There's only so much you can directly say about an episode, depending on what's going in, in order to keep a discussion thread relevant...

Though in keeping relevance with myself, there's one other point in this episode I'd like to add, on top of the other points I made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
It still had some things to catch my particular attention:

-An Ozzy Osbourne book in the old Light Music Club box (That's not light music!)
-Yui has the potential to become a natural virtuoso (And the rest of the band will have to do things the old-fashioned way through practice )
-Mio waking up Yui and Ritsu with her bass (Something I used to do to my cousin when he would spend the night with me)
-Mio playing a Fender bass/Peavey amp setup (I had a personal orgasm because that's my preferred bass setup)
-Fanservice (Cheap trick!)
The entire "Barnacle" debacle could probably become synonymous with "LOL WUT"...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-04-28, 14:02   Link #207
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
granted.... then, we will need only a "Mio-holics" section...
I shall never give up my Mio addiction... NEVER I SAY!!!

About the Mio/Ritsu apparent switch of roles I think it fits since Mio looks more grounded then Ritsu and, since they already committed to that club might as well dedicate themselves to it.
Old 2009-04-28, 20:01   Link #208
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

Spoiler for Mio *_*:
Lol I agree, hilarious when her friends were jealous. (Gotta love that roundness. I don't think Mio even knows that her bust is bigger sized than average teenage girls around her age lol).
Old 2009-04-28, 21:43   Link #209
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Yui might have something of a reason, but Ritsu especially has a reason to be jealous; Mio is grown out, Ritsu is DFC...It's pretty obvious where that friendship could turn to war...
Old 2009-04-28, 22:48   Link #210
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
You ought to see some of the shounen episode/chapter discussion threads if you think the K-On! episode discussion thread has done off track; There's only so much you can directly say about an episode, depending on what's going in, in order to keep a discussion thread relevant...

Though in keeping relevance with myself, there's one other point in this episode I'd like to add, on top of the other points I made...

The entire "Barnacle" debacle could probably become synonymous with "LOL WUT"...
Consider how short my memory is, and i still remember what you wrote. It proves my points perfectly

But yeah what you said recently make me feel sorry for Ritsu.

See, I used to know 3 kids, who used to be really close friends (always see them hang around each other) and have same height. But few years later, as they grew up, one guy was like 1m90+, another around 1m85, the third guy, strangely enough was only 1m70.
The last time i saw them, each have different friends, in different sport clubs (volleyball, basketball, and football or soccer can't remember....) even when they still in same school if not same class

However..."slice of life" ftw.... we probably have seen the worst of Ritsu and Mio (Uh, oh...now i remember Mio's comment about Ritsu's belly and how sub-text it could be interpreted to..... =O ).
Old 2009-04-29, 07:36   Link #211
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Despite being over the top at times, Mio is still moe to me even without the silly antics like "moe moe kyun" to highlight the point, although the second time round was funnier than the first by a long shot
I think this is my favorite episode so far but it could have been better without the rainbows and Yui suddenly becoming godlike when she wasn't able to remember a damn thing the day before.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-04-29, 08:14   Link #212
Woodchips
つかれた!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Who...what...where HUUUUUUUUH?! Where are you seeing anything like this?
Oh c'mon, it's a slice-of-life show! Mugi actually has a bit more depth than we'd seen in earlier episodes, we've been shown that Yui is starting to pick up some skills and Mio, despite her initial reluctance, is really getting into forming this club.

That's not bad at all for a slice-of-life show. I'm not expecting huge changes in characters or plot compared with a drama, but you've got to see at least that.
Old 2009-04-29, 08:18   Link #213
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchips View Post
Oh c'mon, it's a slice-of-life show! Mugi actually has a bit more depth than we'd seen in earlier episodes, we've been shown that Yui is starting to pick up some skills and Mio, despite her initial reluctance, is really getting into forming this club.

That's not bad at all for a slice-of-life show. I'm not expecting huge changes in characters or plot compared with a drama, but you've got to see at least that.
"But I don't" response inbound in 3, 2, 1....
Old 2009-04-29, 09:56   Link #214
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... Episode 4 and they're taking things at a slow pace eh?

... Light music indeed...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-04-29, 11:29   Link #215
Sixth
Hu Tao

When is Yui going to "focused" on Mio?
Old 2009-04-29, 12:13   Link #216
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
...and Yui suddenly becoming godlike when she wasn't able to remember a damn thing the day before.
God is perfect; Yui isn't...Yui only becomes a guitar god when she can actually focus on guitar, at least until her attention wanes to something else; When it wanes, she reverts back to bumbling around a bit...

I don't know how Yui's mind works, nor would I like to take a psychological stab at it, but it's not as if Yui woke up one day and magically had Van Halen skills or whatever...Sure, her attention and lack of thereof is an occasional fault, but what's wrong with it? It's not as if Yui absolutely can't play guitar or anything like that, and it's obvious according to the previous episode that she has been practicing, though it's not exactly known to what extent or what she's practicing, but she's definitely not sitting on her ass doing nothing all day long...
Old 2009-04-29, 12:41   Link #217
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Muscle memory might play a big part in it, yeh.
Old 2009-04-29, 13:19   Link #218
DidCart

One thing that I noticed is that Ritsu is more like Yui than like Mio.

Probably, before meeting Yui, Ritsu was hiding her true persona because none of her friends was like`er. But when she met Yui, she slowly starts to act the way she really is.

What do you guys thing about that?
Old 2009-04-29, 13:37   Link #219
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
"But I don't" response inbound in 3, 2, 1....
Interesting, I don't think he was replying to you, so why are you replying to him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchips View Post

I see "slice-of-life show" used a lot lately as an excuse for lack of serious character development, however I do not think that they are mutually exclusive. Of course if K-On wants it's characters to be recognized in other ways then that's it's choice to make. I'm open to it, but I have a hard time rationalizing how there could have been any perceived upswing in character development with this episode, when the focus was clearly on other......things.
Old 2009-04-29, 13:44   Link #220
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'd have to with character exposition, myself, regarding Mio and Mugi's scenes. There was no real development, there - even if the episode itself was quite fun. But exposition? Yes, there was a bit of that - and I think that's where some people might be confused about this subject.

Closed Thread