AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-08-20, 06:58   Link #2441
Im_A_MoP

I just thout that understanding the whole concept of naruto would be easier. Such as how much history (in years) does konoha have in order to look back on nd stuff. I find it nice to know other things like exactly when did the whole system of hidden villages get established bcuz im wierd like that lol nd it would b cool to kno what point in the narutoverse would b major enuff for them to start at 0 as a recording date. The sage of 6 paths seems like a jesus to the shinobi so maybe then(B.C.=B.S.). Lol with all this info comes a question. Umm is the manga coming out tomorrow, or is it a whole nother week?
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 11:36   Link #2442
Trafalgar Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by jho View Post
Q: Could Kakuzu theoretically stay immortal by just taking Hidan's heart? Hidan could still operate without his heart in his body imo and no matter how many times an enemy targetted Kakuzu, he would stay alive with Hidan's immortal heart. What do you guys think?
No, it's not Hidans body who is immortal, but his mind/soul-thingie. That's why he is still alive when he gets his head chopped off.
Hidans ability is best described, I think, by 'inability to die'.

Spoiler for Data Book:
Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 17:54   Link #2443
jho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
No, it's not Hidans body who is immortal, but his mind/soul-thingie. That's why he is still alive when he gets his head chopped off.
Hidans ability is best described, I think, by 'inability to die'.

Spoiler for Data Book:
Good call, that is very helpful.
jho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 21:22   Link #2444
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_A_MoP View Post
Does the manga or anime refer to any dates at all? As in 245 A.D. or something to that effect. That would make things easier.
lol... how can they relate it to a real date when even the continents/land of the world are different... it is phisicaly impossible xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jho View Post
Q: Could Kakuzu theoretically stay immortal by just taking Hidan's heart? Hidan could still operate without his heart in his body imo and no matter how many times an enemy targetted Kakuzu, he would stay alive with Hidan's immortal heart. What do you guys think?
I dont think there is a way to steal Hidan's inmortality... or else every bad ass guy would be after Hidan instead of the nine tail beasts xD I mean... even Orochimaru who is so fixated on being inmortal, doesnt consider Hidan as a posibility.
Old 2009-08-20, 21:56   Link #2445
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
I dont think there is a way to steal Hidan's inmortality... or else every bad ass guy would be after Hidan instead of the nine tail beasts xD I mean... even Orochimaru who is so fixated on being inmortal, doesnt consider Hidan as a posibility.
Not disagreeing with your stance, but your example isn’t quite correct. Hidan was the newest member of Akatsuki, replacing Kakuzu's former partner sometime during the 2.5 year time skip. So, it seems very probable that Orochimaru would have never met or known of Hidan.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 00:10   Link #2446
Im_A_MoP

Cool

[QUOTE=incube;2594336]lol... how can they relate it to a real date when even the continents/land of the world are different... it is phisicaly impossible xD

umm thats why I clarified it saying that they might use different reference points such as the birth or death of the sage of the 6 paths see how I said B.C.=B.S..... B.S. stands for "before sage" just like B.C. is sometimes translated to mean "before christ" lol deedadee
Old 2009-08-22, 17:42   Link #2447
deidaralover

i need to know for an anime quiz

what are the markings on itachis chair

Last edited by Hunter; 2009-08-22 at 22:13.
deidaralover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 06:33   Link #2448
silverwolf0

Does Naruto officially air in HD? I can't find a definitive answer other than the DB site saying it is just fake, upscaled HD and not real HD. However, other sub groups seem to not be taking their example. Also, on what episode does this HD (fake or not) start showing up?
silverwolf0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 18:50   Link #2449
Im_A_MoP

hmm

umm what are the citizens called in all the elemental countries/villages. You know like how america has american and such. Maybe like konoha-konohan or the fire country I guess would firenese or sumthing.
Old 2009-09-05, 17:53   Link #2450
james0246

This is a question for the Mods: Are we allowed to disclose the names of characters or techniques in the Anime Only Thread that are seen in the anime series but only named in the data books. To give an example, and I will use spoilers for this,
Spoiler for possible spoilers...:
My personal stance is that things like Pain's possible identity would still be a spoiler (since it is plot specific) and should not be found in an Anime Only thread, but names of characters already dead in the series that will not resurface (like
Spoiler for possible spoiler...:
) and techniques that have already been seen but not named should be allowed.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 00:31   Link #2451
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_A_MoP View Post
umm what are the citizens called in all the elemental countries/villages. You know like how america has american and such. Maybe like konoha-konohan or the fire country I guess would firenese or sumthing.
There aren't any official names for citizens, as far as I know. In japanese, citizens and inhabitants of countries are generally identified with the suffix "jin"
An example would be referring to americans as "america-jin" or japanese as "nihon-jin". Because of this, I'm pretty sure Kishimoto and the japanese editors as a whole never put any thought into names for citizens.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 09:52   Link #2452
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Can anyone tell me where do I get the full picture of the Jinchuurikis and their corresponding Bijuus?

Spoiler for Like this one...:
Old 2009-09-13, 10:21   Link #2453
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf0 View Post
Does Naruto officially air in HD? I can't find a definitive answer other than the DB site saying it is just fake, upscaled HD and not real HD. However, other sub groups seem to not be taking their example. Also, on what episode does this HD (fake or not) start showing up?
Naruto doesn't air in HD, it's upscaled SD. Why do people release it in 720p? Because the higher resolution makes it look better anyway, even if it can't be compared to real HD.
The upscaled episodes started appearing when shippuuden switched to widescreen with episode 54.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 12:02   Link #2454
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
Can anyone tell me where do I get the full picture of the Jinchuurikis and their corresponding Bijuus?

Spoiler for Like this one...:
Look like 1 or 2 pages back from the current page in The Official Image Submission Thread I'm sure someone posted it.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 00:18   Link #2455
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This is a question for the Mods: Are we allowed to disclose the names of characters or techniques in the Anime Only Thread that are seen in the anime series but only named in the data books.
No, that is not allowed even in Spoilers tags in Anime threads.

It make sense, we still have poeple wondering the name of the Akatsuki female that is with Pain...
Old 2009-09-15, 04:54   Link #2456
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
It make sense, we still have poeple wondering the name of the Akatsuki female that is with Pain...
Actually it's pretty stupid, it's not like anyone passes his time trying to guess what that character's name is, and knowing that name in advance won't spoil anything for you. It's just a name.
As long as the character has been shown on screen, I don't really see what the problem is.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 08:06   Link #2457
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I would say it depends on the names, especially if surnames are involved, possibly revealing blood relations with other characters or blatantly disclose that character's abilities...other than that, it doesn't really matter.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 08:21   Link #2458
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Actually it's pretty stupid, it's not like anyone passes his time trying to guess what that character's name is, .
So, You havent seen the Naruto forum at it best...

I dont think it is stupid, spoilers are spoilers, and I just dont see the need for telling the name of something when either hasnt been shown in the Series or people are not even asking.
Old 2009-09-16, 12:27   Link #2459
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This is a question for the Mods: Are we allowed to disclose the names of characters or techniques in the Anime Only Thread that are seen in the anime series but only named in the data books. To give an example, and I will use spoilers for this,
Spoiler for possible spoilers...:
My personal stance is that things like Pain's possible identity would still be a spoiler (since it is plot specific) and should not be found in an Anime Only thread, but names of characters already dead in the series that will not resurface (like
Spoiler for possible spoiler...:
) and techniques that have already been seen but not named should be allowed.
Sorry I didn't see your question until now.
Basically if the jutsu has been used in the anime and the author didn't bother to give it a name during the event you can use the official name from the Databooks instead of saying something like "this jutsu from x episode", same thing with characters.

More simply put if the name has no further relevance to the plot and you just want to put a name on something that anime-only viewers already know then I have no problem with that.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 05:29   Link #2460
Rurouni

can anyone tell me at which manga chapter the anime is now?
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a