AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-08-11, 02:45   Link #281
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I disagree, that upcoming SSX centered around Teana and Ginga? Really looking forward it, and I find it a shame that it's not animated.

Teana is an awesome character, and I wouldn't mind a season with her as the leading character.
Teana is my least favorite character.
"I WAN'T TO BECOME STRONGER!" Well, please do so without trying to critically wound Nanoha and failing miserably. plx.
...and Ginga, what does she appear. 20minutes at most?
Quote:
Nanoha turned MILF the moment Vivio apeared. Fate already was a MILF before StrikerS even began.

What?
Referring to A's or just a few yrs pre-StrikerS?

Edit: I don't liked debates so I'll just end it there. Really hoping they don't shaft the aces though. I'm sure it would anger quite a few fans...

Last edited by Demi.; 2008-08-11 at 02:57.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 02:57   Link #282
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Teana is my least favorite character.
"I WAN'T TO BECOME STRONGER!" Well, please do so without trying to critically wound Nanoha and failing miserably. plx.
*shrug* Difference in opinion I guess, I like drama. Teana's case is not much different from Fate trying to critically wound Nanoha and failing miserably to help her mother.

And she was awesome in episode 23, taking down 3 of the numbers on her own, and without h4xxmodes to boot.

Quote:
...and Ginga, what does she appear. 20minutes at most?
Yup, lots of untapped potential there, perfect for a fourth season.

Quote:
What?
Referring to A's or just a few yrs pre-StrikerS?
Erio and Caro.

Yeah, I know, they weren't the most astonashing of characters, but she did adopt them four years before StrikerS.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 03:14   Link #283
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
*shrug* Difference in opinion I guess, I like drama. Teana's case is not much different from Fate trying to critically wound Nanoha and failing miserably to help her mother.
Except Fate was 8yrs old and easily influenced by her mother, while Teana is...
Not to mention she wasn't doing it to benefit herself considering how her mother treated her. And she may have failed miserably but she tried her best until the very end, without critically wounding Nanoha. Not even once. Could have easily before Nanoha went super-power. She even said "sorry" before blasting her the first time.

I'll admit, I don't like tsunderes.

Nixed the rest. Remember, I don't like debates.

Feel free to reply though, but I'll try my best to evade!
Old 2008-08-11, 03:45   Link #284
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Except Fate was 8yrs old and easily influenced by her mother, while Teana is...
Not to mention she wasn't doing it to benefit herself considering how her mother treated her.
And she may have failed miserably but she tried her best until the very end, without critically wounding Nanoha. Not even once. Could have easily before Nanoha went super-power. She even said "sorry" before blasting her the first time.
Edit: Removed a lot of the arguments. Suffice to say I believe Fate and Teana to be a lot alike.

Fate's main motivation for doing what she did was because she wanted to be accepted by Precia (A perfectly logical motivation though, let's not mistake that).

Teana wants to prove that her dead brother wasn't useless, unlike the badmouthers claim him to be, she wants to realize the dream he couldn't, and protect everyone so she doesn't have to lose anyone anymore.

So in a way, both of them are selfish, and yet both of them aren't.

Quote:
I'll admit, I don't like tsunderes.
Like I said, difference in opinion. Though I don't like extreme tsunderes myself. The 'I punch you even though it was obviously an accident' type are very low on my list of preffered characters. Teana is the perfect mix for me. Tough, no-nonsense, and yet not brutal.

Quote:
Nixed the rest. Remember, I don't like debates.

Feel free to reply though, but I'll try my best to evade!
Aww.

Anyway, back to the movie, I'm still wondering how they'll keep things entertaining for those who've already watched the first season. I know they're planning to make aireal fights more spectacular (*insert big cheer here*) but what will they do about the plot? It'd be kinda... boring if they just rehash everything we've seen.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-08-11 at 03:58.
Old 2008-08-11, 04:07   Link #285
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Quote:

Anyway, back to the movie, I'm still wondering how they'll keep things entertaining for those who've already watched the first season. I know they're planning to make aireal fights more spectacular (*insert big cheer here*) but what will they do about the plot? It'd be kinda... boring if they just rehash everything we've seen.
I don't even know, but I'm pumped from just hearing about it. Improved animation+ New design and Henshin sequence. I'm sold! But again, it doesn't take much to impress me, considering what I watched all three seasons for. I'm thinking they will keep most things similar yet improve on the action sequences and make them much more frequent. More of a Mahou Shoujo shounen, if you will. Much like Nanoha a's, minus the new cast from A's and more developement between Nanoha and Fate. Maybe they will delve a bit deeper into Fate's tragic past, as well. Though I expect the action sequences to be epic. They have a large budget now and the A's sequences where pretty epic despite having a much smaller budget to produce 13 entire episodes.
Old 2008-08-11, 04:14   Link #286
Petco

Quote:
Nanoha turned MILF the moment Vivio apeared. Fate already was a MILF before StrikerS even began.
Speaking of MILF, I made a post/rant about it in the StrikerS overall rating things. Did anyone hate Nanoha/Fate, our favorite lolis, suddenly being mothers in Season 3?

Honestly I wouldn't have mind that if Nanoha was as befriendy as Season 1/2, but she wasn't, and she wasn't 9 year old, and she's a mother, that's pushing it too far for me.

Side question - What does MILF stand for again? I know it means something about mother, being old, etc but I don't know what it stands for.

Here's my post, here's the short version if you don't want to read the whole thing:

Basically, all I ranted was about Nanoha being a mother, and also Nanoha's lack of befriending in Season 3.

I was rewatching Season 1 and 2 recently, and I noticed how much I really liked the "friendship" part of season 1 and 2. I liked how Nanoha always tried to befriend whatever she sees. She didn't really do that in Season 3, she could have befriended the numbers (yes, I'm aware that Quattro was "mean" and called Nanoha a dumb***) but I think they could have fit in some sort of "heartwarming" scene with Nanoha befriending(or at least trying to) befriend the numbers.

Anyway else agree?

Also, to my previous post:
Quote:
Season 4: "Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha GT" - In an unexpected plot twist, the beginning of the first episode, Nanoha and Fate somehow turn back into 9 year old lolis.

They stay 9 year olds until the end of the season. Also, Nanoha now befriends once again, she goes to jail(where the numbers are being held) and befriends all of the numbers(including Quattro). And Due never died, she was in the hospital, and she is befriended by Nanoha too.

Let the befriending, BEGIN AGAIN!!! (Anyone notice a lack of befriending in Season 3 by Nanoha?).

Also, Hayate actually gets a fight scene this time.
I was joking "a little" but if they did something like that, do some silly plot similar to "Dragon Ball GT" where Goku turns back into a kid for the rest of the series, I wouldn't mind it one bit.

I miss 9 year old Nanoha, and even though it may be a silly plot device, it might not be bad.
Petco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 04:23   Link #287
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petco View Post

Side question - What does MILF stand for again? I know it means something about mother, being old, etc but I don't know what it stands for.
In NanoFate's case, it stands for: "Mother I'de like to flirt (with)" for everyone else it stands for "Mother I'de like to Fu--"

Quote:
Basically, all I ranted was about Nanoha being a mother, and also Nanoha's lack of befriending in Season 3.

I was rewatching Season 1 and 2 recently, and I noticed how much I really liked the "friendship" part of season 1 and 2. I liked how Nanoha always tried to befriend whatever she sees. She didn't really do that in Season 3, she could have befriended the numbers (yes, I'm aware that Quattro was "mean" and called Nanoha a dumb***) but I think they could have fit in some sort of "heartwarming" scene with Nanoha befriending(or at least trying to) befriend the numbers.

Anyway else agree?

Yes, I remember that rant, you must have typed 40straight sentences relating to Nanoha "befriending" and how StrikerS should have focused more around that.

I personally don't care about their age, they're likable regardless... So I'm neutral.

Quote:
I was joking "a little" but if they did something like that, do some silly plot similar to "Dragon Ball GT" where Goku turns back into a kid for the rest of the series, I wouldn't mind it one bit.

I miss 9 year old Nanoha, and even though it may be a silly plot device, it might not be bad.
That's good enough for me.
Old 2008-08-11, 04:33   Link #288
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Speaking of MILF, I made a post/rant about it in the StrikerS overall rating things. Did anyone hate Nanoha/Fate, our favorite lolis, suddenly being mothers in Season 3?
Not me, I loved Nanoha being a mother. I would have liked to see a bit more drama in that though... like seeing Nanoha strugle with being a mother all of a sudden. Nothing major, it just went a bit too fluidly.

Quote:
It's... actually quite insulting if you literally explain it. Basically it means "Mother I'd Like to Fuck" it's used to refer to characters who may be mothers, but are still quite atractive.

Quote:

Anyway else agree?

Also, to my previous post:
Dunno, one of the major changes in StrikerS was that it was the first season to introduce actual vilains, rather then some tragic broken person (precia) or good guys without choice (Wolkies).

I rather liked how friendship was displayed in a different concept then enemies in this season. The Subaru and Teana friendship is my flag example, I really liked how the trust these two have in eachother was central to the eventual victory of teana in episode 23. Whether you view them as friends or lovers, the bond these two have was a great thing to watch.

As for Nanoha befriending... I don't know, there could have been a befriending scene, but not with Quattro, she was quite obviously one of the reall villains. Now Diece, on the other hand, was perfect befriending material.

But then again, the befriending part would mean less focuss on the Nanoha/Vivio mother/daughter struggle, which while most will disagree, was the apex of StrikerS drama for me. It could have been a bit better (perhaps if we'd seen more Nanoha being insecure about being a mother) but it was wonderfull nonetheless. I wouldn't trade that for a quick befriending scene.

Quote:

Bleh, no offense but I wouldn't. That'd feel like turning them back into lolis for the sake of having lolis.
Old 2008-08-11, 05:15   Link #289
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

@Keroko: Zigzactly mah point partner.
Old 2008-08-11, 05:48   Link #290
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Honestly I wouldn't have mind that if Nanoha was as befriendy as Season 1/2, but she wasn't, and she wasn't 9 year old, and she's a mother, that's pushing it too far for me.

Here's my post, here's the short version if you don't want to read the whole thing:

I like the older Aces and Nanoha adopting a little girl and becoming a mother was a quit unexpected, but also very pleasent surprise for me.

I thought that she deserve some family happines of her own.
All I felt bad about was how they shafted all the N-M 97th world characters.

Quote:

Anyway else agree?
Hm... In a sense some of the numbers where befriended, but not directly on the battlefield.

For Quattro... I'm dissapointed that Nanoha didn't blow her to bits. Quattro had lot more reason to die than Due.
Due was only the "evil assassin", while Quattro was more like a "evil mastermind"

I also have to agree with Keroko; Teana and Ginga have a lot of great hero potential and I would truly enjoy a new season centered around them.
Old 2008-08-11, 06:23   Link #291
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Did anyone hate Nanoha/Fate, our favorite lolis, suddenly being mothers in Season 3?
Not a problem for me as i dont particulary care for lolis.

Quote:
*shrug* that didnt make into my list of Striker's shortcoming list, YMMV and all of that.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 08:23   Link #292
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I don't even know, but I'm pumped from just hearing about it. Improved animation+ New design and Henshin sequence. I'm sold! But again, it doesn't take much to impress me, considering what I watched all three seasons for. I'm thinking they will keep most things similar yet improve on the action sequences and make them much more frequent. More of a Mahou Shoujo shounen, if you will. Much like Nanoha a's, minus the new cast from A's and more developement between Nanoha and Fate. Maybe they will delve a bit deeper into Fate's tragic past, as well. Though I expect the action sequences to be epic. They have a large budget now and the A's sequences where pretty epic despite having a much smaller budget to produce 13 entire episodes.
I'm wondering if they'll change the Jewel Seed plot. It worked great in the series, as it gave them a 'monster of the week' gag to introduce everything that was important, but since the movie is only two hours, I wonder if they might drop it because of time constraints, and if they do, what will they replace it with to explain Fate's motivation for fighting?
Old 2008-08-11, 08:36   Link #293
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Or they can reduce the numbers and/or increase the potency of whatever that's still there. In fact having just a handful (or even just one) of considerably more powerful Jewel Seeds might work well imho.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 09:53   Link #294
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

As raised earlier, maybe 7Arcs oughtta take a leaf out of Rebuilt of Evangelion for handling monsters of the weke
Old 2008-08-11, 10:45   Link #295
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
I vote that they fight over a single jewel seed :3 not sure how that'll work out, but it'll be a lot simpler and allow them to focus on more things.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 10:49   Link #296
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
I vote that they fight over a single jewel seed :3 not sure how that'll work out, but it'll be a lot simpler and allow them to focus on more things.
Yeah, that was what I thought also.

Well if they are going to reduce the amount of seeds they could reduce it to one extremely powerful.
Old 2008-08-11, 11:27   Link #297
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Well if they are going to reduce the amount of seeds they could reduce it to one extremely powerful.
That's not going to work. If the premise remains "girl-who-gains-magic-by-accident" then Nanoha will lose the whole war by losing her first fight to a prepared Fate. They need a few Seeds to give Nanoha the chance to level-up before she can defeat Fate. And if they aren't fighting over Seeds, they'll be just... fighting. That wouldn't be terribly interesting.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 11:45   Link #298
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
That's not going to work. If the premise remains "girl-who-gains-magic-by-accident" then Nanoha will lose the whole war by losing her first fight to a prepared Fate.
Ah damn, forgott about her first fight.
Old 2008-09-20, 18:30   Link #299
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

I have a question, more exactly for the mods

Animesuki is gonna have the torrents to download the movie?

Or Geneon has it alredy licencd?
Old 2008-09-20, 23:03   Link #300
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
While that question is out there on the table, has anybody even heard anything new about the movie? I can't say a lack of new info is a good sign for those hoping for a January-February/March '09 release of the movie.

Tags
movie