AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-16, 02:01   Link #1
Anubis62

After reading the Death Note "BB Murder Case" ("Another Note") novelization, I humored the idea of novelizing the Bleach Manga. Naturally, there's something to be said for Manga not being compatible with novel-writing. However, that's something that can be fixed with good writing.
The only changes I would make would to fill in plot-holes, and put all of the chapters in the same context (since TK made alot of stuff up as he went, alot of earlier chapters simply feel empty after reading later chapters). What I want is a complete list of plot-holes people would like filled-in (along with suggestions as to HOW they should be filled), as well as any additions which would help with the whole "same context" sort of thing.

Updated Draft Here: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CIqbrrcN

Last edited by Anubis62; 2010-12-08 at 17:06.
Old 2010-11-16, 02:46   Link #2
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

i love novels. my favorite one is nearly 800 pages of brilliant writing and 0 plot holes so you better make this good. (no pressure)

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2010-11-16, 05:30   Link #3
Langus
Optimus Prime

Before you start up on your project you should research Copyright Infringement.
Old 2010-11-16, 09:34   Link #4
Alchemist007
*Author

Unless you make it strictly fanfiction.
Old 2010-11-16, 21:57   Link #5
secretzfan
*Fansubber

It would be cool if someone did a Q and A for fans
Old 2010-11-26, 18:04   Link #6
Anubis62

@Chiisai Kuma
Certainly I will simply need help with it. If you want something done, then be sure to tell me. "Speak now, or forever hold your peace" sort of thing.

@Langus
I don't remember saying anything about making money off of it; or even publishing it.

@Secretzfan
hmm...for this?

Also, I will be publishing the first draft of Chapter One very soon now. I had it almost finished, but my computer had a nasty crash and the work wasn't saved.
Old 2010-11-26, 18:10   Link #7
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Well yea a Q and A could clear up a lot of other things that novels have tell you the truth Q and A can actually stop Bleach plot holes completely
Old 2010-11-26, 18:13   Link #8
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Well yea a Q and A could clear up a lot of other things that novels have tell you the truth Q and A can actually stop Bleach plot holes completely
Awww...but that would spoil the fun of the story. xD
But yes; you are right...often-times, the readers understand the story more than the Author does.
Old 2010-11-26, 18:38   Link #9
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

if i can, i'll help you out but im gonna be busy for the next few weeks with house exams

Old 2010-11-26, 22:44   Link #10
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis62 View Post
@Langus
I don't remember saying anything about making money off of it; or even publishing it.
Writers have successfully sued fanfiction writers for copyright infringement for simply posting stuff up on the internet. I was just giving you some advice to be careful. Do what you want, of course.
Old 2010-11-26, 22:47   Link #11
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Writers have successfully sued fanfiction writers for copyright infringement for simply posting stuff up on the internet. I was just giving you some advice to be careful. Do what you want, of course.
Of course the reality exists.
But just because we call a vacuum a vacuum doesn't mean we have a perfect vacuum.
What I'm trying to say is that it's no more sue-able than your standard fanfiction, which is what it will be on-tier with. Just another internet phenomenon.
Besides; it's not realistic to sue a username. With all those factors considered, it's not even worth delving into.
Old 2010-11-27, 00:33   Link #12
Langus
Optimus Prime

Believing you have any actual anonymity on the internet is your first mistake. But you're right, it's not worth delving into.
Old 2010-11-28, 23:36   Link #13
Anubis62

Quote:
Believing you have any actual anonymity on the internet is your first mistake. But you're right, it's not worth delving into.
Well, it would be a mistake if I hadn't been slightly exaggerating...
On another note, how would I be able to upload the document to where you all can review it?
I don't do this kind of thing often.
Old 2010-11-28, 23:41   Link #14
Gin
*Artist

Maybe you could make some sort of post?
Old 2010-11-29, 15:55   Link #15
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Maybe you could make some sort of post?
Well, I pulled out all the stops when formatting and decorating; I'd like to present it in its full beauty. xD
Old 2010-11-29, 15:58   Link #16
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Dose it have to be downloaded to see it?

Old 2010-11-29, 17:28   Link #17
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis62 View Post
Well, I pulled out all the stops when formatting and decorating; I'd like to present it in its full beauty. xD
We have all sorts of different fonts and colors here. Why did you even request this thread if you don't want to post your 'work' here?
Old 2010-11-29, 18:46   Link #18
Anubis62

Quote:
We have all sorts of different fonts and colors here. Why did you even request this thread if you don't want to post your 'work' here?
Because...the document itself...is only part...of the entire process...maybe?
The content is what this thread is meant for. I still have yet to hear a list of plot-holes others might be able to point out, which is what the novelization is intended to fix.
Also, I am working on the upload of the document.
As for just copy/pasting, I am utilizing many different fonts, including a custom Bleach font. Is that supported?

EDIT: Hooray for google docs.!

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CM_z_NwG

1.) For original version (with a cool Bleach Font), go to File, and click "Download Original Document.

2.) I've tried to keep it as true to the manga as possible, while still keeping it fresh as to make up for the story the pictures tell. I've changed some dialogue, and added footnotes so I don't have to butcher the words like most dubs do.

3.) A few additions were to make the beginning not so improvised as Tite Kubo did; or, at least, he did very soon. I want to keep the beginning as consistent to the later story as possible.

4.) Feel free to point out every error, and suggest anything; this is a job for all Bleach fans.

5.) "Leerling" is a pen name, for those who are ignorant of the ways of writers.

Last edited by Anubis62; 2010-11-30 at 10:05.
Old 2010-11-29, 19:15   Link #19
Anubis62

Quote:
HAHAHAHA! True say

Buddy, get over yourself.

Posting a thread titled "Bleach Novelization Thread" people are going to assume it's about an actual, as in licensed, Bleach novel - not your attempt at fan fiction. We have a fan fiction thread. Go use it.
Eh?
I made it quite clear as to what I was doing when I was given the blessing to make this thread. I washed my hands of any inconvenience to you all when the thread was taken into account and made.
I also made my case against the fanfiction thread, and I do not repeat myself.

EDIT: I also was hoping that other Bleach fans would be understanding of my attempt to keep the integrity of the story, and help me with plot holes. It appears I was wrong.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=58464&page=30
Old 2010-11-29, 19:29   Link #20
Anubis62

Quote:
1)Hi Langus!
2) the link doesn't work
3)put the document in the first post so its easy to find.

Is this just Bleach without pictures? Way to take the one redeeming aspect of Bleach and throw it out the window, now you're just left with the 'plot'.
2.) You're right; in my haste I accidentally gave you the URL instead of the actual link it provided. that should be fixed now. Try again, and if it doesn't work, I'll get right on that.

3.) Yes I can. Thank you for the suggestion

I've already made my case for the lack of pictures in my first post, and I do not repeat myself.
As for the plot, if you'd stop complaining like a kiddie over the "lack of pictures" and actually helped me fix the plot like I requested (also in my first post), there might not be anything to complain about.
The whole point of this novelization is to fix the plot. That's where the line between a novelization and fanfiction will be walked carefully.
However, with your help, it's possible to do.

Quote:
Its only fanfiction if a fan makes something new, this is just rehashed Bleach, without the pretty pictures of buxomly lasses to make up for the terrible storyline.
Kudos. However, the "terrible storyline" part is what I intend to fix.
Closed Thread