AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-19, 22:04   Link #721
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
There's only one Night Raid. There are other groups of the revolutionary army stationed around but none of them are Night Raid.
I think it's said there are other groups? Didn't one of them get wiped out recently and I think some of the new members get transferred in from other groups later on.

My impression of NR is that it's the assassination branch of the RA and works in several small groups led by different people. The one tatsumi is in is one such group. Unless the RA only has like a couple of assassins.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 22:08   Link #722
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I think Night Raid is the only group station at the capital. There must be other groups out there, most likely protecting assets out of the capital or missions to sabotage the activities that capital has outside. It is like special forces today, like Army Rangers if you want to join in the fight right away, or Delta Force for Terrorism, or Navy Seals if you want something blown up. Well that is a rough and maybe not a good explanation, but it is something like that. There has to be one group in the capital, looking at it strategically more groups adds the risk of being found out, but have less would decrease the productivity. Nightraid is more of Recon and keeping tabs on the Capital and occasionally get their hands dirty.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 08:38   Link #723
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Garfield View Post
About how Night Raid can be called morally superior to Jaegar, I think the members
themselves play a role. Aside from just doing their job, how they do it and how they reflect on it can make a different. From what I've seen thus far (chap 19), NR members are more "human" than those of Jaegar in carrying their orders.
Depends who you're talking about in Jaeger as their personal backgrounds, goals and motivations differ even more than members in Nightraid do. But I also don't really expect someone like Kurome reflect much her on her killing as she been brought up, trained and conditioned not to.

In the end of day both groups kill people to achieve their goals even if their intentions differ, and are willing to harm innocents if absolutely necessary (Jaeger moreso than NR). That why NR tries avoid claiming a moral ground even if they're justified (like with the whole Seryuu/Ogre issue).

Quote:
Hearing stories and actually seeing it can be vastly different.
Of course it's not the entire reason, but if Esdese ever get a chance in this "romance", she will have to change her hobby, either by her own will or convinced by Tatsumi.
Indeed, hence why I agree that Esdese's development will progress along those lines "The taming of shrew" story that Mentar brought up. It also helps that Esdese is pretty neutral despite working for the Empire.

Quote:
Btw on another topic, does someone here find the whole "Akame vs Kurome" thing a little cliched. I mean sisters on different sides, love and kill ect...
The last thing i want from this series is a drama about their story.
The idea has certainly been before, but so as any element in fiction. What matters more is the execution and how compelling it is. Remember Akame and Kurome did work together in the past, so it's not they were like at odds with each all their life. Saying you want to kill sister because you love her is pretty unusual in itself, so I think there quite a bit interesting backstory surrounding that IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
I think it's said there are other groups? Didn't one of them get wiped out recently and I think some of the new members get transferred in from other groups later on.

My impression of NR is that it's the assassination branch of the RA and works in several small groups led by different people. The one tatsumi is in is one such group. Unless the RA only has like a couple of assassins.
Yes, Najenda mentioned a local group in Ch.11 that she had lost contact with. They apparently handle info gathering and assassinations on areas/regions outside the capital and it seems most of them were killed by the "Three Beasts".
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 08:54   Link #724
Soji

If she survive and she can really change (thing that i hope) would be fine....though i doub it people wil want her alive, but we will se.
Anyway I still think she still fail in gain her love dream with Tatsumi. Because for her to really change she need to fail. Until now (and I say this already) seem to me that what she want she gain. So she need to fail this time ,there is no other way to make her really change. If she gain tatsumi love even if she become better she will really no change. For the true change she need this kind of defeat not some one that can match her in power and defeat her in battle, but that she fail to gain the love from the person she want. that would be the ultimate defeat for her and one of the better trigger for her change.Or at least this is what I think.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:25   Link #725
NeutralZero

Hmmm...Soji... are you just by chance starting to be fine in their pairing?
well that aside...
The defeat you're referring to is that the kind of defeat done by Zen of Medabox?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:36   Link #726
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Hmmm...Soji... are you just by chance starting to be fine in their pairing?
well that aside...
The defeat you're referring to is that the kind of defeat done by Zen of Medabox?
You mean Esdes x Tatsumi.....hell no
I just ,after thought better that Esdes die is not enough to atone for her sin. . Also i start to like a litte more her character and if she does change i'm fine with her . But not with Tatsumi i still think that would be the worse for him and even for her. Like I say I think she really need to feel the meanig of *fail /defeat*thing that until now she really never experience,at least from what we know. And ,like I say i think if she fail in what she want now, meaning gain Tatsumi the way she want(for him to love her back) . Would be the absolute defeat and failure for her this would give her the lesson that she really need.But like I say this is only my opinion.
And no I don't mean like that one NeutralZero. Like you can see in this post ,I mean that she need to fail in her *love quest*.At least that you guy's don't want her defeat in a teigu battle
Old 2012-06-20, 09:43   Link #727
NeutralZero

Haha... same as ever...
But judging c19, wouldn't that intensify her feelings for him?
Since she's the possessive type, rejection would only cause an inverse effect on her...
And him being with someone else type of rejection would just make her a full fledged yandere...
Old 2012-06-20, 09:55   Link #728
Soji

NeutralZero@Well I'm some one that normally Supporters what the author show us and is mutual. And until now there is nothing that make me want to ship/like Tatsumi X Esdes.
Like I say more i think about this and more I see more I think would be the worse thing for both of them.
For answer what you just say...true that this can happen ...but don't you think it would be a good thing?Wait not get me wrong here...true would be dangerous for the girl/girls and make Esdes more dangerous for a little while.But at the same time, if she can overcome this phase she would become better as a character.
What ever she go Yandere or just go all out to try to win his heart it's up in the air.But I still think would make her a better character and learn something she need.
Old 2012-06-20, 10:12   Link #729
NeutralZero

Well in the romance department if there is one, they really only shown us a one sided love... her love... and for some reason more or less her dere form blinded a lot of people...
And that aside, is there a possibility for a kurome x wave?
Old 2012-06-20, 10:19   Link #730
Soji

NeutralZero@And her being to possesive (like you point out). She would not allow him to grow in the way he want

Well I think is possible. To tell you the true I feel Kurome x Wave the same way as Tatsumi X Akame and is pretty ironic if you think about it
From what we see until now if we ever see a true romance in both group I can see only this 2 couple for now....if they survive that's it.
Though is pretty funny that both the sister become close to this 2 that are pretty similar with each other
Old 2012-06-20, 10:26   Link #731
NeutralZero

Well in 18 she did out right state that he's not going to be the one who do the changing but her...
Old 2012-06-20, 10:40   Link #732
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
If she survive and she can really change (thing that i hope) would be fine....though i doub it people wil want her alive, but we will se.
Anyway I still think she still fail in gain her love dream with Tatsumi. Because for her to really change she need to fail. Until now (and I say this already) seem to me that what she want she gain. So she need to fail this time ,there is no other way to make her really change. If she gain tatsumi love even if she become better she will really no change. For the true change she need this kind of defeat not some one that can match her in power and defeat her in battle, but that she fail to gain the love from the person she want. that would be the ultimate defeat for her and one of the better trigger for her change.Or at least this is what I think.
This kinda of controversy about Esdese and the manga in general is what I like about the series.

A poster in another forum summed very well why Esdese such appealing character much better than I could. It echos some previous posts from others in this topic:

Spoiler for because it's somewhat long:

The only thing I disagree with is about her wanting to mold Tatsumi to be just like her. The reason she fell in love with him because of Tatsumi himself as shown by her preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
And that aside, is there a possibility for a kurome x wave?
Yeah, it's been mentioned. He has most interactions with her after Bors, and often attempts to talk or impress her.
Old 2012-06-20, 10:42   Link #733
Soji

NeutralZero@Yeah. While him mean her change side. She mean change him she want possess him and that he is loyal only to her.And this is pretty bad thing to do on you're love one. I mean is good that you want make the one you love a better man/girl .But what Esdes want to do is model him the way she want and i not even know if she understand that this is a bad thing.For a couple to work they need to learn from each other,support each other understand each other ,trust each other. And this is something that Esdes not understand for now....is pretty sad if you think about it.

Iron Maw@ She still want to model him in some way. She say this herself we just don't know how she want do this.And I don't know if she realize that if she do this ,even if she want him the way he is ,this will still change him. Also if he change for some reason like don't show that kind of smile anymore to everyone but only to a few people and she is no one of this people. She will still love him?

Last edited by Soji; 2012-06-20 at 10:54.
Old 2012-06-20, 10:57   Link #734
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Iron Maw@ She still want to model him in some way. She say this herself we just don't know how she want do this.And I don't know if she realize that if she do this ,even if she want him the way he is ,this will still change him. Also if he change for some reason like don't show that kind of smile anymore but a few people and she is no one of this people. She will still love him?
I think Esdese wants someone who can stand on the battlefield with her as equal as well understand and support her. I don't think she necessary wants for Tatsumi to adapt a new personality for it.
Old 2012-06-20, 10:59   Link #735
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I think Esdese wants someone who can stand on the battlefield with her as equal as well understand and support her. I don't think she necessary wants for Tatsumi to adapt a new personality for it.
Though I'd assume she'd want him to be okay with the torture and join the Empires side, which lets be honest would require a very large difference in mindset.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 11:02   Link #736
Soji

Iron Maw@Seem to me she want some one with her same lv of power . A enemy that can make her enjoy the battle. At least one time she does say this* there is a opponent out ther that can satisfy me?*. though what you say is possibile,if happen would still change Tatsumi.To understand some one you have to undersatand how she /he think and like it or not, it changes people. Tatsumi is too different from her for him to understand her he had to change. Thing that i don't think esdes or most of the reader want.I ask you this you really think that Tatsumi with the personality that he had can understand the one that Esdes have without that this change him?

Quote:
Though I'd assume she'd want him to be okay with the torture and join the Empires side, which lets be honest would require a very large difference in mindset.
Pretty much. Ok we don't sure about the empire but i'm pretty sure that she want that he to be ok with the torture. And acept her mindset .The stronger can do what he want with the weaker or something like this ,the one we where talking about few pag/post ago.

Last edited by Soji; 2012-06-20 at 11:12.
Old 2012-06-20, 11:36   Link #737
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Or atleast join the Empire and stay by her side. Though there is no doubt she want him to accept her "Survival of the fittest" philosophy. But as shown 18 where Tatsumi outright rejected that idea, even if he doesn't accept that view she won't care much, nor have it change how she feels about him. That at least how I've come to see it anyway. I could certainly be wrong.

Quote:
Iron Maw@Seem to me she want some one with her same lv of power . A enemy that can make her enjoy the battle. At least one time she does say this* there is a opponent out ther that can satisfy me?*. though what you say is possibile,if happen would still change Tatsumi.To understand some one you have to undersatand how she /he think and like it or not, it changes people. Tatsumi is too different from her for him to understand her he had to change. Thing that i don't think esdes or most of the reader want.I ask you this you really think that Tatsumi with the personality that he had can understand the one that Esdes have without that this change him?
I don't think becoming a "General Class" fighter would change Tatsumi into something like sadist though.
Old 2012-06-20, 11:42   Link #738
Soji

Iron Maw@ Maybe I'm wrong. But ch 18 seem to me more something on the line. *is fine for now*and no that she give up on try to make him to acept that philosophy.

True becoming a " General Class" fighter will don't change him in something like Sadist. Still if what you say is true and she want some one that Understand her . Then some big change have to happen.Like I say you can't really understand some one if you don't understand their mindset or in esdes case philosophy for that he had to acept her philosophy .And like you point out in ch18 he already outright rejected that idea and the only way for him to acept that one is a totally change in what he is.And i doubt this will ever happen.Also we alredy know tha tatsumi will never join the empire the way is now. That's pretty clear as well.

Edit: Also question time. I'm really curios to see what you guys think about this. We know what Tatsumi feel toward esdes because Aniki death. He think that in ch 16 so i don't ask this. But what will Esdes think when she find out that Tatsumi do kill one of the 3 best? The one with the flute? She promise them or better their grave to avenge them. I really curios other the whole *tatsumi have incursio and being part of NR* what she will think when she find out about that(that he kill the last one of the 3 best).
Old 2012-06-20, 11:45   Link #739
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

River was a general too. But he's no match for Braht. I think the power difference between them is questionable.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 11:47   Link #740
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Or atleast join the Empire and stay by her side. Though there is no doubt she want him to accept her "Survival of the fittest" philosophy. But as shown 18 where Tatsumi outright rejected that idea, even if he doesn't accept that view she won't care much, nor have it change how she feels about him. That at least how I've come to see it anyway. I could certainly be wrong.
There is a glaring discrepancy, she doesn't want him to change her at all, she's a raging sadist that enjoys to torture, he hates it or most probably will. Either he becomes ok with her torturing anyone they come across, or he changes her, and we know she doesn't want to change at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
River was a general too. But he's no match for Braht. I think the power difference between them is questionable.
TBF river was old and way past his time, whereas the supposedly strong generals are all in their 30's.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!