Notices

Old 2012-07-16, 19:30   Link #81
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
About time you updated your thread. :3

I love the flame effect in your latest batch of sigs; how'd you do that? Or is it a secret of the trade? ;p

The Yui avatar is awesome, too; the pink border works well with the pink background.
Used a flame brush. Then, I added drop down shadow and changed it from multiply to linear burn. I also enable the glow effects to intensify it a bit. Not a practical method, but it works.

Ah, yes. It's actually one of my favorites at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikikai View Post
i really like the signatures, especially the third one!
The avatars are very nice too!
Ah, the third one. I was about to wrap things up until I remembered that I can also use the squad's emblem instead of the Type-94. It actually turned out better than I expected until I could not decided which on to use. lol. I guess I'll be alternating between them for the rest of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmimixx View Post
This is a nice sketch. But I'm confused...

What's the chick with the ponytails doing on the left XD?
Oh, that? Incomplete part of the sketch. She's supposed to be holding a spear and leaning a bit against it, but I gave up on the idea. haha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
That's a nice batch of work here. As which signature is the best, it's probably a question of taste.
Thank you. It's nice that they're appealing one way or another. It just felt like they're not as good as the one with the marines, but I guess it'll do for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Great Sigs! If I had to choose, it would have to be the first one.
It does make the Shiranui more visible which is why I chose it for now.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 19:45   Link #82
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Used a flame brush. Then, I added drop down shadow and changed it from multiply to linear burn. I also enable the glow effects to intensify it a bit. Not a practical method, but it works.
Ah, really? For something that you make out to be so simple, it's a very nice result. I thought you used a fractal or something. xD

And now, you need to gather all your work and update the first post! :3
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 18:08   Link #83
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

hmmm... too troublesome to gather all my work. I'll put that on hold for now. lol. XD

Also, correction. I meant linear dodge, and not linear burn. I don't know why I made that mistake in my previous post.

and here's another update.

Major Alfred Walken and the F-22A Raptor

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-07-17 at 18:35.
Old 2012-07-17, 18:29   Link #84
Ray
Garnet

That's what they all say! Plus, the longer you let it go, the bigger the load will get. Unless.. you want me to gather your work? I don't mind; I've done it for 300 page threads before. Only took like 8 hours. *shrug*

I really like how you use the same font for your sigs, but just change it around depending on the overall colour scheme of the sig.

As for your latest one, the green "lines" (I don't know what else to call them) are quite nice, but I feel that the left side of the Raptor could use a bit of blending. But then again, I don't know all that much about sigs. :/
Old 2012-07-19, 22:56   Link #85
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

That's okay. I can't possibly ask you to do it. Besides, I've done part of it already. I just have to gather all of my sketches and add it to my first post.

As for the F22 sig. I added some noise on Walken, and added another light effect on the left side.

NEW SIGS:

Old 2012-07-21, 19:21   Link #86
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
That's okay. I can't possibly ask you to do it. Besides, I've done part of it already. I just have to gather all of my sketches and add it to my first post.
Awww. I was looking forward to it, too! Are you sure I can't help? :<

Quote:
W-w-what IS THIS?!

Quote:
I love the mech (TSF, right?), but a lot of details seem to have gotten lost because of how dark the signature is. Brightening it up might help.

Quote:
Aww, I love this! Inia! :3 Nice use of colours, vectors, and lights.

Quote:
This definitely my favourite one out of the lot. The only problem I have with is that Yui's face seems a little too bright.

Keep up the good work! : D
Old 2012-07-22, 03:20   Link #87
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Awww. I was looking forward to it, too! Are you sure I can't help? :<

W-w-what IS THIS?!

I love the mech (TSF, right?), but a lot of details seem to have gotten lost because of how dark the signature is. Brightening it up might help.

Aww, I love this! Inia! :3 Nice use of colours, vectors, and lights.

This definitely my favourite one out of the lot. The only problem I have with is that Yui's face seems a little too bright.

Keep up the good work! : D
I don't want to trouble you over such things.

Magnificent facial reactions from the members of Squad 207B? XD

Yeah, I wanted to make it dark since it will keep the menacing atmosphere that the Type-0 is giving out. >__>

Rush job on the Inia sig. I did not know what to do with it so I just played around.

Ok. I toned it down a bit.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-07-22 at 04:13.
Old 2012-07-22, 03:25   Link #88
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Your "mecha" themed sigs are very cool. Nicely done!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 08:24   Link #89
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
I don't want to trouble you over such things.
It's no trouble at all. I enjoy such tasks. So please? (just tell me how you'd like me to sort the stuff)

Quote:
Magnificent facial reactions from the members of Squad 207B? XD

Yeah, I wanted to make it dark since it will keep the menacing atmosphere that the Type-0 is giving out. >__>

Rush job on the Inia sig. I did not know what to do with it so I just played around.

Ok. I toned it down a bit.

Hahaha, gotcha! XD

Ah, I see. You got the meacning atmosphere down alright, but I think the left (our left) shoulder area (just above the purple lights) is a little empty. But that's just me being very nit-picky. Sorry. Dx

I think the result is quite nice from you just playing around with stuff. :3

Yeah, that's much better!
Old 2012-07-23, 00:53   Link #90
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Liked this one!! felt like it's an official banner that are free form the developer's site XD
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 14:06   Link #91
Ray
Garnet

Oh, I can't believe I didn't notice that you sorted everything in the first post of your thread by category and by date of creation. Good job! It's a lot easier to see how much you've improved over time that way. Plus, it’s also neater. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance
Oooh, an animated avatar. It's adorable. Why don't you make more? :3 What program did you use to make this avatar, and what program(s) do you usually use for making stuff?

Quote:
Woah, beautiful art; not much you can do with that, heh. But I still love what you did with the borders (the inner parts of them).

Quote:
Very simple yet a very effect signature. Woo! Dark Souls! Man, that game is totally awesome. Have you played it or did you just like the Knight in that image?
Old 2012-08-06, 01:11   Link #92
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh, I can't believe I didn't notice that you sorted everything in the first post of your thread by category and by date of creation. Good job! It's a lot easier to see how much you've improved over time that way. Plus, it’s also neater. :3

Oooh, an animated avatar. It's adorable. Why don't you make more? :3 What program did you use to make this avatar, and what program(s) do you usually use for making stuff?

Woah, beautiful art; not much you can do with that, heh. But I still love what you did with the borders (the inner parts of them).

Very simple yet a very effect signature. Woo! Dark Souls! Man, that game is totally awesome. Have you played it or did you just like the Knight in that image?

That one? I used CS2 and Image Ready... that was a long time ago. I have other gif avatars that I used for another forum. I'll post them later.

Right now, I'm only using CS5.

Yeah, I played the game and beat it about 6 times with different characters. I haven't touched it for several months now though.

Oh, and here's another update.

I finished these last week. I'm still working on your sig at the moment.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-08-06 at 01:59.
Old 2012-08-06, 14:37   Link #93
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
That one? I used CS2 and Image Ready... that was a long time ago. I have other gif avatars that I used for another forum. I'll post them later.

Right now, I'm only using CS5.
Ah, nice. I used to use CS2 and Image Ready to make my avatars back when I first started. Oh yes, please do. I didn't know you were into making animated avvies. o:

That's the stuff.

Quote:
Yeah, I played the game and beat it about 6 times with different characters. I haven't touched it for several months now though.
Woah. That's a lot. PS3 or 360? I got the Platinum, and I think I only finished the game 3 or 4 times myself.. It's such an awesome game. Have heard about the DLC coming out for it soon? A new area + a new boss + more lore. :3

Quote:
Oh, and here's another update.

I finished these last week. I'm still working on your sig at the moment.
Oooh, very nice!

I've already commented on the Yuzuka sig (so pretty), so I'll just talk about the other two:

- The Type 00 (not sure what TSF that is; is it a Takemi?) sig is quite good; the text placement (Silvance) is very fitting (I think placing the 00 text a bit above it into the panel could look very nice), the black spaltters give the signature a somewhat eerie feel, which is reinforced by glowing red eye of the TSF. The black dot pattern is also very cool, and the bit of the colour behind the sexy, glowy Japanese text adds a good bit of much needed colour to the signature.

- The Type 94 Shiranui (Did I get that right? :3) is also quite cool-looking, but I feel it's a little overcrowed. I think blurring the the TSF in the far back (the one right behind the one at the very) front and sharpening the one in the very front a little could be used to create some depth (not too much, though).

Keep up the great work. :3 As for my request, take as long as you need.
Old 2012-08-06, 19:16   Link #94
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Woah. That's a lot. PS3 or 360? I got the Platinum, and I think I only finished the game 3 or 4 times myself.. It's such an awesome game. Have heard about the DLC coming out for it soon? A new area + a new boss + more lore. :3

- The Type 00 (not sure what TSF that is; is it a Takemi?) sig is quite good; the text placement (Silvance) is very fitting (I think placing the 00 text a bit above it into the panel could look very nice), the black spaltters give the signature a somewhat eerie feel, which is reinforced by glowing red eye of the TSF. The black dot pattern is also very cool, and the bit of the colour behind the sexy, glowy Japanese text adds a good bit of much needed colour to the signature.

- The Type 94 Shiranui (Did I get that right? :3) is also quite cool-looking, but I feel it's a little overcrowed. I think blurring the the TSF in the far back (the one right behind the one at the very) front and sharpening the one in the very front a little could be used to create some depth (not too much, though).

Keep up the great work. :3 As for my request, take as long as you need.
I have it on PS3.

I'll try adjusting them and see how it's like. Yes, it's the Type-94 Shiranui. You remembered it's design, eh? I applaud you for that. XD

And here's another update:

Requests:

Old 2012-08-06, 19:22   Link #95
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
I have it on PS3.

I'll try adjusting them and see how it's like. Yes, it's the Type-94 Shiranui. You remembered it's design, eh? I applaud you for that. XD

Requests:

Oh, awesome, what's your PSN addy?

Alrightio. Woot! I got it right! Was I right about the other one being a Takemi, though? x:

Again, thank you very much the signature. I love it to bits. :3

I've already commented on the second one, so I'll just get to the 3rd one.. why Lelouch? It's kind of a strange combination, but I definitely see how it works.. XD
Old 2012-08-06, 19:56   Link #96
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

My PSN? I'll pm it to you when I get back.

Yeah, you got it right too. That was a Type-00R Takemikazuchi.

ahaha... Nah, it's not him. The developers just designed Seijuro to look like Lelouch and they're being very obvious about their reference with that pose. Then again, he looks different once he takes of his cap.

Images
Muv-Luv Alternative: Adoration
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-06, 20:02   Link #97
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
I have it on PS3.

Requests:

Great Work Silvance.... taking all of Muv Luv huh?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 20:03   Link #98
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
My PSN? I'll pm it to you when I get back.

Yeah, you got it right too. That was a Type-00R Takemikazuchi.

ahaha... Nah, it's not him. The developers just designed Seijuro to look like Lelouch and they're being very obvious about their reference with that pose. Then again, he looks different once he takes of his cap.

Images
Muv-Luv Alternative: Adoration
Okay, thanks.

Woot! 00R is the black one, right? D=

LOL, seriously?? Woah. That's Seijuro??

Spoilers
Spoiler for MLA: Adoration
Old 2012-08-06, 20:45   Link #99
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:

Of the 3 sig of your last update, this one is the most interesting with his quality and effects.
Old 2012-08-13, 22:54   Link #100
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post

Liked this one!! felt like it's an official banner that are free form the developer's site XD
Oh, really? Haha. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Great Work Silvance.... taking all of Muv Luv huh?
Haha. It's pretty much the only series right now that inspires me to make sigs and avatars.

Quote:
Okay, thanks.

Woot! 00R is the black one, right? D=

LOL, seriously?? Woah. That's Seijuro??

Spoiler for MLA: Adoration:
Spoiler for MLA: Adoration:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Of the 3 sig of your last update, this one is the most interesting with his quality and effects.
Thanks. I tend to go overboard when its made for someone.

Anyway, here's the updated version of my VF-17 sig.

Older Avatars and Signatures

Images

These signatures are some of my earlier works including the ones that I made when I was still a teenager... You'll know which sigs I'm talking about once you see them... D:

This is just a portion of what I've made. I have to look what's inside of my older external hard drives to find the others.
Images

Last but not least, here's a wallpaper that I made a year ago.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-08-14 at 02:25.