Notices

Old 2013-12-24, 19:13   Link #11341
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Images
stuff about me
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Congratulations, here's to a productive post-WoT life.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 19:18   Link #11342
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually thinking of uninstalling again at the start of the next term. The game is too much a distraction to studies, eats a whole lot of time that SHOULD be devoted to studies, plus with the bad teams during the holidays it'll just save me from more frustration.

Oh, and UNLIKE Kantai Collection, I can't just leave this running in the background. You need to focus on this, or not at all, and I can't do that next term.

I'll just unlock the tier 8 Japanese Medium, then sink back into semi-retirement.
Old 2013-12-24, 19:38   Link #11343
Gravitas Free Zone

Grinding to make use of the holiday event discounts brings up the spectre of doing the same tank over and over and over again, which, as you know, dulls me after a short time. After unlocking the AMX AC 48, the current task of getting the 100mm gun by working on the AC 46 is just boring. The last 20000 XP is the worst.

By contrast, trying out the T18 after all this time is fairly amusing.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 09:09   Link #11344
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Grinding to make use of the holiday event discounts brings up the spectre of doing the same tank over and over and over again, which, as you know, dulls me after a short time. After unlocking the AMX AC 48, the current task of getting the 100mm gun by working on the AC 46 is just boring. The last 20000 XP is the worst.

By contrast, trying out the T18 after all this time is fairly amusing.
What you didnt grind an American TD line yet? The situation right now is a crap to me now because of holidays. I better put limit my playing time now since I observed that my match will become much worst during holidays and summer too. Japanese tanks are not that bad after all lol

I still have deadline before New Year.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 09:54   Link #11345
Gravitas Free Zone

No, I have all six American TDs from Tier 4 to Tier 6. Didn't want to get into the T25(/2) at Tier 7 because I have too many other projects, and, well, all the annoying speedbumps ahead.

However, I got to the Jackson through the E8, and started the other end of the American TD line by free-XPing to the M8A1. Now I'm going back to the T18 to seal club. get kills on the lower-tier Japanese vehicles (and the Mk. VIC) without necessarily having to play in Tier 1.
Old 2013-12-25, 10:10   Link #11346
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
No, I have all six American TDs from Tier 4 to Tier 6. Didn't want to get into the T25(/2) at Tier 7 because I have too many other projects, and, well, all the annoying speedbumps ahead.

However, I got to the Jackson through the E8, and started the other end of the American TD line by free-XPing to the M8A1. Now I'm going back to the T18 to seal club. get kills on the lower-tier Japanese vehicles (and the Mk. VIC) without necessarily having to play in Tier 1.
Oh , I see. I think I`m gonna give a go for T25 AT since the gun is better than T25/2.

Man, my Dell computer feels broken because it was broken 2 years ago but it got repaired. Right now it freezes middle of the match, unable to move even the cursor.I better hope that my old man buy a new one. I hope that experience will help me better in choosing a computer brands(my future).

I still have other projects(mostly my original works) and the deadline will be in this incoming new year. I havent participated in clan wars yet lol. I hoped that once I retired in WOT, I participated in clan wars.

I really don`t have RL friends to play WOT and have tourney with me but I do met some fellow WOT players in e cafe where I always play WOT
Old 2013-12-25, 12:09   Link #11347
Gravitas Free Zone

The Optics All The Things! plan (also starring Gun Laying Drive) is proceeding, now that the equipment sale is on. After the sale ends I'll have a lot of ventilation to sell.

Bonus Touhou crossover:

Images

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-12-25 at 12:22.
Old 2013-12-25, 18:36   Link #11348
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Is a big boost to view range really better than smaller boosts to all aspects for all cases and all tanks though? If a tank's base view range is terrible to begin with, what is 10% more going to do?
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 19:05   Link #11349
Gravitas Free Zone

It's situational. Tempester had a link to a post about this a few pages back, which includes a critique of the actual benefit provided by vents, which in many cases isn't that much.

I put optics on anything that had a 370-400 meter base view range and might be expected to move around. I did also refit it onto some things in the questionable 350-meter range, but in many of those cases it was a matter of already having a rammer and EGLD on and not really seeing a big change with vents.

I did not put optics onto things that needed to cope with other problems (the IndienPanzer and IS-3 have EGLD, VS, and a rammer because of their aim time problems) or have really bad base view ranges (KV-1 and KV-220; might as well run vents/rammer/EGLD and stick with the Soviet method of scouting things with their face). Also, things with really horrible loading times tended to keep their vents, since it shaved off larger fractions of seconds from the reload time of, say, the SU-152 than it would from the AC 46.

Slightly above the KV-1 in crappy view range is the T1 Heavy. I'm giving optics a try on that simply because it move just slightly faster than the KV and might be able to exploit a detection that much faster. It could end up going back to vents though.

I did not put optics on the T-25 and PzIII/IV, with their 320-meter base view ranges; in both cases they're fast enough to make up the difference. Realistically if I want to forward fake scout in a medium, though, I'd use my optics-loaded M4 or M7, both of which have superior view ranges for tier 5 mediums.

In the case of the M4, I'm getting very little performance loss on it since removing the vents.
Old 2013-12-25, 19:11   Link #11350
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

So I went and finally got an IS6. Waited for the 15% sale before I did, but I won't be able to get a chance to take it for a ride until the client back home updates (6 gigs takes a while on a .6 MBps connection). Until then, it's Kancolle for me for a while.
Old 2013-12-25, 19:37   Link #11351
LeoXiao
思想工作

I never really figured out the view range or camo mechanics for this game. I mount binocs on my German tanks, but I don't really feel any difference even in battles where I camp like I'm permatracked. For this reason, I've never bought optics since they give you even less of a bonus.
Old 2013-12-25, 19:45   Link #11352
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

That's because for binocs, you have to spend a while sitting still -- it's 5 seconds before you get that 25% bonus, and if you're jostled a bit, it resets immediately. So not really ideal for units that have to reposition a lot.

I've found that anything with a view range of 370 and up do well enough with just optics anyway.

As for Camo, well, I think a full crew with 100% camo gives something like a 35% reduction to the view range of any enemy trying to spot your tank. If your tank has a good base camo value to begin with (most Soviet tanks, the T49), most tanks will have to close to within 150 meters of you before you're even spotted, and by then they're already peppered with holes.
Old 2013-12-25, 19:47   Link #11353
Gravitas Free Zone

I tried to kill this guy using my own H35, but was failed by RNG.

With me dead, the only hope our Mark VI Cs had was to ram themselves into him, but of course they didn't do that.

Images
They'll never give out a gift tank with a real gun again.
Old 2013-12-25, 19:50   Link #11354
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
As for Camo, well, I think a full crew with 100% camo gives something like a 35% reduction to the view range of any enemy trying to spot your tank. If your tank has a good base camo value to begin with (most Soviet tanks, the T49), most tanks will have to close to within 150 meters of you before you're even spotted, and by then they're already peppered with holes.
With this in mind, do you think it would be a worthy investment to train a German crew (say on the Panther) in camo and give it a camo net? It may not be as good as a Soviet tank, but would it at least afford you some invisibility, as opposed to the zero the fascists typically enjoy?
Old 2013-12-25, 19:57   Link #11355
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Camo on German tanks are generally bad all-around. I don't have the tables handy, but barring their low-to-midtier TDs camo on their units give a negligible effect.

I'd still give camo to mediums like the 3002M or the Panther (who have to stay hidden as long as possible), and obviously the PTA and the Leo 1, but for everything else? Nah.
Old 2013-12-25, 20:19   Link #11356
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
I tried to kill this guy using my own H35, but was failed by RNG.

With me dead, the only hope our Mark VI Cs had was to ram themselves into him, but of course they didn't do that.

Images
They'll never give out a gift tank with a real gun again.

Mou, My max kill is only 7. I better do something about it. Who has 10 max kills?
Old 2013-12-25, 21:07   Link #11357
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'd still give camo to mediums like the 3002M or the Panther (who have to stay hidden as long as possible), and obviously the PTA and the Leo 1, but for everything else? Nah.
Cool, just what I need to know. Camo it is.
Old 2013-12-25, 21:23   Link #11358
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
Who has 10 max kills?
I got that in a KV-1S game, and there's a 10-kill game a little ways back.
Old 2013-12-25, 21:45   Link #11359
Pen3

I have 10kills in a AC 48 and 12 kills with Pz.IV pre nerf.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 22:30   Link #11360
Gravitas Free Zone

Elited the AC 46 in 108 games, 52% WR and 1429 WN7. There was a game that probably would have earned an Ace Tanker if it hadn't ended up drawing. Freakin' Redshire.

Now I only have two grinds to complete by January 16: The PzSflV to RBWT and the SU-152 to ISU-152. Or, I get to be annoyed by my own slowness while very occasionally dealing out a gigantic shell that causes things to explode.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks