AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-08, 12:42   Link #7941
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Guinevere spoke as if in a trance.
It must have been a good many decades since she was last reborn? All this time, she had been seeking the legendary hero king.
"I wonder if the key to the mystery lies in the lost memories of Guinevere the goddess... However, divine ancestors lose their previous life's memories after being reborn. Even Sir Knight who once served master does not know his location — correction, does not wish to know."

This is from V9 Ch1. I don't remember the reason why Lancelot doesn't want to know the location of the KoE. Can someone explain(or refresh my memory)?

Last edited by Zurvan; 2013-08-08 at 13:14.
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 00:24   Link #7942
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

read v 14 this moring gotta say ...... war is comming and its gonna be between godou, and ulden, vs salvadore doni
Old 2013-08-09, 02:35   Link #7943
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
read v 14 this moring gotta say ...... war is comming and its gonna be between godou, and ulden, vs salvadore doni
You're kinda late to the party. Though that reminds me... I think that Aisha's power really does move her to another universe. Why? Because you can't change the past. The present is the result of the past after all so interferences to past should have already be accounted for. Instead, it's actually transported them to another world. That would also explain Aisha's use of the "corrective force": It's actually a force that rejects her because she's not part of the world. The reason why the present was never change because she never interfered with her world's past but rather the 'present' of another world. How about that?
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 02:45   Link #7944
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
You're kinda late to the party. Though that reminds me... I think that Aisha's power really does move her to another universe. Why? Because you can't change the past. The present is the result of the past after all so interferences to past should have already be accounted for. Instead, it's actually transported them to another world. That would also explain Aisha's use of the "corrective force": It's actually a force that rejects her because she's not part of the world. The reason why the present was never change because she never interfered with her world's past but rather the 'present' of another world. How about that?
I believe that this might be possible, as well. It pretty much depends on which "time travel theory" the author is using ... and since, that hasn't been clearly "defined"... it's pretty open to interpretation, at least, until the author does something, that would contradict you're theory...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 03:27   Link #7945
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I believe that this might be possible, as well. It pretty much depends on which "time travel theory" the author is using ... and since, that hasn't been clearly "defined"... it's pretty open to interpretation, at least, until the author does something, that would contradict you're theory...
Kinda reminds me of the geostationary Excalibur thing I guess... I'm still thinking that it should have been the Lagrange point, which would make more sense as there would be no need for a fuel that way, in addition to being able to place it on an actual place (the Trojan Asteroid found in 2010).
Old 2013-08-09, 08:12   Link #7946
zzhk
Summary Machine

I think you're the one who is confused.

By definition, an orbit is a stationary energy state. In other words, an object in an orbit does not do any work in the field. Heard of geostationary satellites? They remain in the same spot relative to the surface of the Earth without any "need for a fuel" either.

A Lagrange point would mean the object stays stationary relative to the Earth and the Moon. Since the Earth is rotating down below, an object at a Lagrange point would not stay above Tokyo Bay all year round.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 10:37   Link #7947
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^ Perhaps. I do have to say that wikipedia pages on scientific subjects tend to be rather complicated and confusing.

Spoiler for My Reasoning/Logic Based on What I Understand from Reading it.:

Re-reading the Geostationary Orbit article again, this time on Simple English Wikipedia, I found that being 'geostationary orbital' to Tokyo Bay is naturally impossible. It's more than just the need for thruster and fuel, it's also that for it is located on the North hemisphere. For it to be geostationary orbital it needs to swing around the Northern and Southern pole, thus technically it isn't geostationary but geosynchronous (kinda like Earth's own orbit to the Sun). That's why, it's obvious that magic was used as a thruster and making it move geostationary to Tokyo Bay, although not orbital.

Once again, I might be wrong, what's with the article being confusing and me being a social study high school student and all that But what is interesting is that if it does needs fuel, whether magical or not, then it might be a plot point that it eventually runs out of fuel and start to fall. Maybe that's why the Author didn't use Lagrangian point because the sword would be perpetually stuck there due to its gravity stability. Still, I think that it's kinda stupid for the people who launched to just make it geostationary orbit where it will always follow Japan instead of making it either only geosynchronous, stuck perpetually on Lagrangian point, or put it on the 'graveyard' orbit just 300km above the geostationary orbit (which is 35,786 km above Earth).

God, here I go again, analyzing too deeply into something. This is the same as that time where I analyzed that each time Doni used his Restriction authority, he kills hundreds if not thousands of people in the present and possibly the future of its usage.

Last edited by Feng Lengshun; 2013-08-09 at 10:55.
Old 2013-08-09, 10:58   Link #7948
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
well i had to read vol 13 the day before (really late)
Old 2013-08-10, 12:35   Link #7949
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Does anyone know more about the Holy Grail? It is said to be a divine artifact created by the matriarch deity of all the earth goddesses through sacrificing her own immortality and divinity. Does anyone know who this matriarch deity is and why she sacrificed her power? Any speculation?
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 12:58   Link #7950
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
Does anyone know more about the Holy Grail? It is said to be a divine artifact created by the matriarch deity of all the earth goddesses through sacrificing her own immortality and divinity. Does anyone know who this matriarch deity is and why she sacrificed her power? Any speculation?
From what I remember it was the Goddess who later was resurrected as the Divine Ancestor known as Guinevere.

As for the purpose of that item, it has been made to provide some assistance / means to resurrect the King of the End.

I can't find the actual paragraph that mentions this, but from what I remember, it was somewhere in volume 9 - 10, which has been the time, where the Holy Grail was mentioned rather frequently, at least considering the already published volumes.
Old 2013-08-10, 20:55   Link #7951
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Most of its secrets was already revealed in V9-10. As for Guinevere, she has her roots in the Irish legend I believe.
Old 2013-08-11, 02:28   Link #7952
Kadi
知識の探求者

I thought she was Greek... mainly... when she was a goddess...
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 14:06   Link #7953
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Well, she has her roots as Fendibar which was Irish... and I believe that those Irish legends (what was it again? Mabinogion?) was made around 3rd century. Her first incarnation as Divine Ancestor IIRC was around 10th or so century, when the Arthurian legend started to surface.

Oh yeah, the Holy Grail was meant to help Artus collect essence of the Earth more easily to use as the fuel of Excalibur. He could do it by himself by using the old-fashioned way, that is, absorbing Mother Goddesses of Earth's essence by stabbing them but the artifact helps him in gathering Earth's essence much easier.
Old 2013-08-11, 19:34   Link #7954
zzhk
Summary Machine

The name Guinevere comes from "Gwenhwyfar", which can be translated as "White Enchantress" from Welsh.

This dates back to her days as a Heretic Goddess when she wandered over to Britain where she was known as the White Goddess.

Since she already knew Lancelot from a long time ago, her actual roots must be further to the east (Lancelot is tied to Thrace). If you consider Greek mythology, Hecate is known as the White Goddess and would be a possible candidate for Guinevere's original identity.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 02:18   Link #7955
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

So, considering that Fendibar was from around 3 century, that could mean that she was active as a Goddess from around Ancient Greece period to around the third century. Irish IIRC was cpose to Britain, so, she migrated there from Greece? Along with Artus if the Argonaits thing was correct?

By the way, what do you guys think of Doni?
Old 2013-08-13, 02:37   Link #7956
Chris38

Quote:

That he's an idiot, at least when it comes to his personality ... but, that's also the thing that makes him, one of the more dangerous Campione, since his movements, are pretty unpredictable to someone who has even some slight common sense.

And he's got the power, as well, which makes him pretty hard to defeat, if his opponent isn't another Campione or a God.
Old 2013-08-13, 02:38   Link #7957
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Actually, he's one of my favourite characters. He's an idiot, but I like his style, especially how chill he is.

I'm hoping to see some interaction between him and Aisha next volume, it would be nice to see him interact with someone who isn't either praising his swordsmanship or calling him an idiot.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 03:53   Link #7958
Yami no Ou
まおう

I think Doni is a great idiot but when it comes to a fight he's so strong that its almost impossible to beat him,his sword skills are unparalleled plus he's always calm when fighting
Old 2013-08-13, 04:18   Link #7959
nacer666

I think Doni will be forcefully taken back home and the french people will flee when seeing Godou's power thus history remains unchanged.
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 04:49   Link #7960
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

So, I'm the only one who thinks Doni is kind of an *ss? Here are my reasoning:

Doni's Restriction disables all modern technologies. This includes Mid-driven Cars too. And Mid-flight Airplanes . And Pacemakers. And Hospital's Generators. And Hospital Equipments (Including Batteries and Surgery Tools). And other important technologies. Heck, I'm sure that the
economic wreck alone would also ruin many people's
lives even if they don't die (thank God for Magic Associations). And you remember how much of nagger Andrea was, right? So that means... he must have already informed its aftereffects to Doni... but Doni still uses it. Think. I could no longer see Episode 9 and its LN equivalent in the same light again. And so does Doni.

Doesn't mean I hate him though, just like how I don't hate Yukari Yakumo who canonically imports human outsiders as food.

Last edited by Feng Lengshun; 2013-08-13 at 05:11.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem