AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-03, 17:42   Link #121
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

First season of FMP was GONZO, not KyoAni. It has lots of fanservice shots...Fumoffu had very little, relatively speaking.
Old 2009-01-03, 17:58   Link #122
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If there is ecchi fanservice in a KyoAni product (so far) it has been from the primary source material, not their own reaction....save maybe the twins in FMP: The Second Raid...but that was just altering the original fanservice from male to female (good move considering the fanbase). Consider they made Kanon and AIR clean from their ero-game basis...(of course the ero was tacked on for Key, as shown in CLANNAD, the ero-free VN they were aiming for inthe first place)
CLANNAD isn't ero-free. Visual-wise, yeah. Dialogue... not so much.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 18:51   Link #123
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
First season of FMP was GONZO, not KyoAni. It has lots of fanservice shots...Fumoffu had very little, relatively speaking.
Uh huh. There was an episode of Fumoffu where the punchline was two straight minutes of cheesecake bra and panty shots of all the girls, and TSR is chock full of ones for the twins as well as a few for Chidori without even touching the DVD episode of Tessa wandering around in her underwear.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 18:55   Link #124
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

So yeah, not entirely free of fanservice.

It might depend on what station is broadcasting this, since Clannad had pretty much none even when the source material called for it.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 19:41   Link #125
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Uh huh. There was an episode of Fumoffu where the punchline was two straight minutes of cheesecake bra and panty shots of all the girls, and TSR is chock full of ones for the twins as well as a few for Chidori without even touching the DVD episode of Tessa wandering around in her underwear.
haha I stand corrected. It's been awhile since i last saw FMP!, so it must've flew by my head. I guess the KyoAni skirts of steel ain't as tough as it sounds afterall

EDIT:
Quote:
You can't have Skirts of Steel if they aren't wearing skirts in the first place.

Natch.
Touche

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2009-01-04 at 10:14.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 00:50   Link #126
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
haha I stand corrected. It's been awhile since i last saw FMP!, so it must've flew by my head. I guess the KyoAni skirts of steel ain't as tough as it sounds afterall
You can't have Skirts of Steel if they aren't wearing skirts in the first place.

Natch.
Old 2009-01-04, 01:17   Link #127
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was refering to the skirt flips mainly, which seemed to be gone from the KyoAni FMP. The walking about in and out of their underwear I was treating as a seperate issue as that is more useful in the settings they are presented in rather than the "accidental" fan service used in other anime.

But we still have about a week to go before we find out what Munto will be like after six years of remission.
Old 2009-01-04, 06:25   Link #128
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

That last outfit Yumemi wore in the OVA left very little to the imagination. No skirt flipping necessary.
Old 2009-01-04, 07:29   Link #129
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hey now, you are making it sound as if she actually wore something indecent, while that is not the case at all (case in point: image). I actually liked the cozy simplicity of her last outfit, which consisted of a white sweater reaching down to her thighs, and i felt it matched her image nicely (And would be quite unrealistic if that actually flipped in the first place). The movies didn't have a single shot of fanservice anyway.

Though it seems they might want to add something of that flavor, seeing the changes her school uniform's design has underwent ... a shame, i liked the original one. (Assuming i would want to look, given how horrible the TV series animation looks in the first place >_>)
Old 2009-01-04, 08:05   Link #130
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

If we see the OVA as 'original material', there's no call for fanservice, just like Clannad. Maybe we'll get one or two shots similar to Kotomi and Ryou doing that back to back excercise from some episode.
Old 2009-01-04, 11:10   Link #131
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Hey now, you are making it sound as if she actually wore something indecent, while that is not the case at all (case in point: image). I actually liked the cozy simplicity of her last outfit, which consisted of a white sweater reaching down to her thighs, and i felt it matched her image nicely (And would be quite unrealistic if that actually flipped in the first place). The movies didn't have a single shot of fanservice anyway.

Though it seems they might want to add something of that flavor, seeing the changes her school uniform's design has underwent ... a shame, i liked the original one. (Assuming i would want to look, given how horrible the TV series animation looks in the first place >_>)
It's a tight outfit with a short hemline. Those type of clothes leave nothing to the imagination despite the fog. And it's redesign is even shorter and more revealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
If we see the OVA as 'original material', there's no call for fanservice, just like Clannad. Maybe we'll get one or two shots similar to Kotomi and Ryou doing that back to back excercise from some episode.
Don't forget Nayuki's clothes changing moment in Kanon.
Old 2009-01-04, 11:47   Link #132
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's a tight outfit with a short hemline. Those type of clothes leave nothing to the imagination despite the fog. And it's redesign is even shorter and more revealing.
Sorry, i am going to have to heavily disagree here, at least the way you are wording it. You are quite severally misusing the terms 'revealing' and 'leaving nothing to imagination'.
Old 2009-01-04, 11:54   Link #133
orion

It's not a misuse.

Just look at the new design of that outfit. You could get her bra, hip and waist size from that outfit if you had other reference measurements. It's skintight.

With that dress only stooping is allowed.
Old 2009-01-04, 11:59   Link #134
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

If we go by that 'definition', same concept applies to almost every single anime female out there. I simply can not agree to your assertion here; i am slightly bewildered you found anything fanservice-y about that image at all. So yes, given the context i indeed think you are misusing the terms. I do not agree to the concept that an outfit actually showing some curves (and it isn't as bad as you make it sound) is 'leaving nothing to imagination'. It leaves plenty, without one having to wonder about her gender at the same time.

The new outfit has become skimpier indeed (especially the school uniforms, almost ridiculously so), but the one she is wearing in the image i posted above is about as 'normal' as can reasonably get.
Old 2009-01-04, 21:13   Link #135
orion

But you can even see an imprint of 1/2 of her groin in one of the shots as she is shown taking a step (redesigned outfit). Not too many dresses in real life go that far unless they are skintight.

The one you posted had a short hemline too and is prob the same length as the redesigned one.

Edit: But you know, the redesigned outfit would prob be more inline with what girls actually wear and more realistic (skintight). Even in the next to last chapter it was blowing too much in the wind.

Last edited by orion; 2009-01-04 at 21:43.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 15:10   Link #136
Knight
Eternal Love

Did they release any info on what the OP and ED would be?

And does anybody have a textless version of this image:

Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 15:18   Link #137
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Did they release any info on what the OP and ED would be?
Both the opening- and ending-single seems to be available for preorder from cdjapan, so unless they've got the titles and credits completely wrong, the opening theme is ...some song... by eufonius, and the ending-theme, is apparently called "Hikari to Yami to Toki Hate", performed by Ceui.
Old 2009-01-07, 03:14   Link #138
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Uh, wow, her legs are waaaaay out of proportion in that image.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 06:01   Link #139
Domo
それで便座カーバー!

Location: Australia. The land of slow broadband speeds and non-existant anime DVD retailers.
Send a message via MSN to Domo
Well I always enjoy the animation quality that Kyoto Animation brings to its animes. I also feel Kyoto Animation has done a good job in terms of compressing Key's Visual Novel stories into animes.

I haven't seen the Munto OVA yet, but I look forward to watching this series, despite it not being top on my agenda.
While I do find it quite frustration Kyoto Animation hasn't decided to declare an airing date for Haruhi 2 or make an announcement of starting the 4th Full Metal Panic series / Key's Little Busters, I find the Haruhi and FMP! fanboys/girls to be unbelievably unreasonable by shunning down a series before it's even aired.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 06:03   Link #140
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
and the ending-theme, is apparently called "Hikari to Yami to Toki Hate", performed by Ceui.
Same artist as the one who sang the sola themes? I am rejoiced.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy