AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 02:48   Link #1861
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Read the last line of Volume 9 Chapter 7. She knew that her brother is not a superhero. That didn't mean she would give up. If you could control your heart with your mind, life would be simplier.
That itself is a contradiction, how do you marry your sister if you aren't omnipotent? Is it legally possible? It is socially acceptable?
I'll answer about Volume 9 later.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 03:20   Link #1862
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
That itself is a contradiction, how do you marry your sister if you aren't omnipotent? Is it legally possible? It is socially acceptable?
I'll answer about Volume 9 later.
I'm not talking about marry. I'm talking about the fact that desprite knowing that her feeling is not normal, she still unable to get rid of it.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 03:41   Link #1863
icebreaker

Quote:
I'm not talking about marry. I'm talking about the fact that desprite knowing that her feeling is not normal, she still unable to get rid of it.
Yeah it's
繋いだ手を、しっかりと握りしめる。
もう二度とはぐれないように

I think what you said was the case. She realized it's wrong, she wanted to end it by going abroad with her brother hating her, but it can only end when she finds a new love.
Old 2013-05-20, 03:58   Link #1864
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Yeah it's
繋いだ手を、しっかりと握りしめる。
もう二度とはぐれないように

I think what you said was the case. She realized it's wrong, she wanted to end it by going abroad with her brother hating her, but it can only end when she finds a new love.
I don't think that it's so simple.I mean she was (or rather is) in love with her brother for almost her whole life.I mean which person does love a another person for such a long period of time?First she must to face her feelings and eventually confess to her brother.Without that she would just end up loving her brother for the rest of her life.I don't think that finding a new love is so simple.Normally if you love someone and you know that you don't have a chance to get together with that particular person, you try to distance yourself from that person and find a new love.But Kyousuke is a part of Kirino's family,so distance herself from him isn't going to be simple.Even if she's going to abroad again,she has to face him sooner or later.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 04:04   Link #1865
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
I don't think that it's so simple.I mean she was (or rather is) in love with her brother for almost her whole life.I mean which person does love a another person for such a long period of time?First she must to face her feelings and eventually confess to her brother.Without that she would just end up loving her brother for the rest of her life.I don't think that finding a new love is so simple.Normally if you love someone and you know that you don't have a chance to get together with that particular person, you try to distance yourself from that person and find a new love.But Kyousuke is a part of Kirino's family,so distance herself from him isn't going to be simple.Even if she's going to abroad again,she has to face him sooner or later.
Well Kyousuke's gonna move out for college, which gives some distance. Whether she's going abroad or not, she'll just have to mature and face the fact that it's illegal and impossible, until she gets a new love.
Old 2013-05-20, 04:11   Link #1866
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Well Kyousuke's gonna move out for college, which gives some distance. Whether she's going abroad or not, she'll just have to mature and face the fact that it's illegal and impossible, until she gets a new love.
Yeah,but it's not just "just".How you describe it,it sounds like it's going to be a easy task.You can't just "mature" out of a love and go on with your life,especially in the case of Kirino.She is in love with her brother for almost her whole life.If the Human mind and feelings would be that simple then Kirino and Kyousuke wouldn't have such a problem.
Old 2013-05-20, 04:16   Link #1867
Wilshere

I kinda get it after reading about Volume 11, Kirino and Manami made up. Kirino did not want to make up with her brother because she felt guilty through those years that she hated him and she cant forgive herself??? If anyone can help then I will be grateful
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 04:52   Link #1868
GVN.Chaos

Well --- yes, that much is true. From Kyousuke's POV, he said that they can't make up, not because they they couldn't forgive each other. After hearing Kirino's reason, he concluded that he had long forgiven her, but rather because he can't forgive himself - and he assumed Kirino thinks the same too.
Old 2013-05-20, 04:54   Link #1869
Wilshere

Quote:
Well --- yes, that much is true. From Kyousuke's POV, he said that they can't make up, not because they they couldn't forgive each other. After hearing Kirino's reason, he concluded that he had long forgiven her, but rather because he can't forgive himself - and he assumed Kirino thinks the same too.
And now Kirino is planning to go abroad so that he can forget about her and continue to hate her?!
Old 2013-05-20, 05:33   Link #1870
GVN.Chaos

No. First, Kyousuke don't know that Kirino is about to go again yet. Second, he don't have any reason to hate her. How did you come to that conclusion anyway ~.~
Old 2013-05-20, 05:39   Link #1871
Wilshere

Quote:
No. First, Kyousuke don't know that Kirino is about to go again yet. Second, he don't have any reason to hate her. How did you come to that conclusion anyway ~.~
I really dont know, and what you said is true tho, He still does not know that she will go again and I think it is just a one-sided hate from the start tho never thought that Kyousuke hated Kirino at all, well I am quite confused and all about Volume 11 and stuff so dont blame me!!! Making it clear will be good help.....
Old 2013-05-22, 00:43   Link #1872
icebreaker

Kirino definitely said "I'll do something even more amazing than eroges", not "something more erotic than eroges", right?
When I came around thinking about that sentence.. what is more amazing than eroges? Confessing to brother? Running away with brother? Sex scenes? Marrying? (Not sure, does marrying happen in eroges? It's not legally feasible either way) Those all happens in eroges.
How about.. removing her feelings? It's hard but.. It's the perfect solution, it doesn't happen in eroges and it will be an amazing feat for her, harder than doing what eroge does.

Then it came to what Ayase and Kuroneko were planning to force out of Kirino. Ayase and Kuroneko had multiple talks in Volume 10, about Kyousuke and Kirino. They said they agreed on multiple things but there is "one thing they can't settle". If one assume that the one thing they can't settle is which one of them will win Kyousuke, then it can be deduced that either Ayase convinced Kuroneko that incest is wrong, or Kuroneko convinced Ayase that incest is right. I tend to believe on the former. And it could be explained as Kuroneko realized her mistake and asked Ayase to step on her stomach as punishment.
Old 2013-05-22, 03:50   Link #1873
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Kirino definitely said "I'll do something even more amazing than eroges", not "something more erotic than eroges", right?
When I came around thinking about that sentence.. what is more amazing than eroges? Confessing to brother? Running away with brother? Sex scenes? Marrying? (Not sure, does marrying happen in eroges? It's not legally feasible either way) Those all happens in eroges.
How about.. removing her feelings? It's hard but.. It's the perfect solution, it doesn't happen in eroges and it will be an amazing feat for her, harder than doing what eroge does.

Then it came to what Ayase and Kuroneko were planning to force out of Kirino. Ayase and Kuroneko had multiple talks in Volume 10, about Kyousuke and Kirino. They said they agreed on multiple things but there is "one thing they can't settle". If one assume that the one thing they can't settle is which one of them will win Kyousuke, then it can be deduced that either Ayase convinced Kuroneko that incest is wrong, or Kuroneko convinced Ayase that incest is right. I tend to believe on the former. And it could be explained as Kuroneko realized her mistake and asked Ayase to step on her stomach as punishment.

It's possible that this is going to happen.But I don't think it's going to be that way,because it's to easy.You have forgot one important aspect in your theory.It's funny how every girl is planning her own plan to get Kyousuke or to get Kirino out of the game (Kirino herself,too).But there is one thing that can "destroy" every plan and that is Kyousuke himself.In the end it is his call.For example if Kirino try to run away again,don't you think that Kyousuke is going to prevent her from leaving?Or even if she distance herself emotional from Kyousuke,do you think he will let this happen?The same thing apply for the other girls.It's fine that Manami promised to Kanako that she will prevent Kirino and Kyousuke to get together or that Ayase and Kuroneko are both convinced that incest is wrong and that both of them must stop this before it goes any further.It's all fine,but to hell with that.Everyone talks about which plan is going to work,but Kyousuke is the key character.If something doesn't please him,he will do something about it.That's the kind of character he was and has now returned to.Surprisingly it is Kyousuke's mind we don't understand.We know what the girl's are thinking,but what is Kyousuke going to do?We only know he's ready to confess.The only thing we can do is to wait for the end.^^
Old 2013-05-22, 04:08   Link #1874
icebreaker

Quote:
It's possible that this is going to happen.But I don't think it's going to be that way,because it's to easy.You have forgot one important aspect in your theory.It's funny how every girl is planning her own plan to get Kyousuke or to get Kirino out of the game (Kirino herself,too).But there is one thing that can "destroy" every plan and that is Kyousuke himself.In the end it is his call.For example if Kirino try to run away again,don't you think that Kyousuke is going to prevent her from leaving?Or even if she distance herself emotional from Kyousuke,do you think he will let this happen?The same thing apply for the other girls.It's fine that Manami promised to Kanako that she will prevent Kirino and Kyousuke to get together or that Ayase and Kuroneko are both convinced that incest is wrong and that both of them must stop this before it goes any further.It's all fine,but to hell with that.Everyone talks about which plan is going to work,but Kyousuke is the key character.If something doesn't please him,he will do something about it.That's the kind of character he was and has now returned to.Surprisingly it is Kyousuke's mind we don't understand.We know what the girl's are thinking,but what is Kyousuke going to do?We only know he's ready to confess.The only thing we can do is to wait for the end.^^
I'll laugh if Kyousuke turns out to be very easy to understand - If he likes a girl he'll have perverted thoughts of her.
Old 2013-05-22, 06:39   Link #1875
GVN.Chaos

Quote:

While it's possible, I think it's unlikely to happen. At that time, both Kuroneko and Ayase is pushing Kirino's button, so she kind of lose it. It might be that she doesn't really think and just declare that way.
Also, confess doesn't immediately lead to happy ending or going out. If I remember correctly, in Setokai no Ichizon, all of the girls confess before the end of the novel. So Kirino might just admit her feeling before going (or not? It's not like she will 100% go )
Quote:
Well, Kyousuke is a big mystery now. True, he is half way revert back to his hot blooded self, but he still affected by Manami. And he trusts Manami. I don't know how will he do if Manami tells him to do something that contradict what he wants to.

Quote:
I'll laugh if Kyousuke turns out to be very easy to understand - If he likes a girl he'll have perverted thoughts of her.
Kyousuke is already have perverted thoughts about Kirino's ass thought
Old 2013-05-22, 06:54   Link #1876
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
While it's possible, I think it's unlikely to happen. At that time, both Kuroneko and Ayase is pushing Kirino's button, so she kind of lose it. It might be that she doesn't really think and just declare that way.
Also, confess doesn't immediately lead to happy ending or going out. If I remember correctly, in Setokai no Ichizon, all of the girls confess before the end of the novel. So Kirino might just admit her feeling before going (or not? It's not like she will 100% go )

Well, Kyousuke is a big mystery now. True, he is half way revert back to his hot blooded self, but he still affected by Manami. And he trusts Manami. I don't know how will he do if Manami tells him to do something that contradict what he wants to.

True,but how long will Kyousuke take to realize how manipulative Manami can be? I don't think that Manami is going to get away with her deeds in the past or rather I wish she isn't going to get away with it.I think in the end he will return to his old self completely.At least then Manami hasn't to much "power" over Kyousuke.
Old 2013-05-22, 07:06   Link #1877
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
True,but how long will Kyousuke take to realize how manipulative Manami can be? I don't think that Manami is going to get away with her deeds in the past or rather I wish she isn't going to get away with it.I think in the end he will return to his old self completely.At least then Manami hasn't to much "power" over Kyousuke.
Manipulate? I wouldn't call her that, despite that I'm a big Kirino shipper myself. Before that incident, Kyousuke is too much of an over-archiverer. That will hurt him in the future, no doubt. Just like Kirino when she went to America, that would be exactly what Kyousuke will do if he continue that way : stubborn almost to the point of self destruct. So knowing when to stop is a good thing too. I'm not telling that Manami is not to be blame, but Kyousuke got his own share of faults too.
Old 2013-05-22, 07:18   Link #1878
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Manipulate? I wouldn't call her that, despite that I'm a big Kirino shipper myself. Before that incident, Kyousuke is too much of an over-archiverer. That will hurt him in the future, no doubt. Just like Kirino when she went to America, that would be exactly what Kyousuke will do if he continue that way : stubborn almost to the point of self destruct. So knowing when to stop is a good thing too. I'm not telling that Manami is not to be blame, but Kyousuke got his own share of faults too.
Why do you think that he's going to selfe destruct himself?He was doing fine until the accident.Human make mistakes so why has Manami told him that he should stop his nonsense and that he should limit his abilities to be normal like her?He would definitively be a way more popular person as he is now (and a better student etc).That's manipulative and selfish to me.She has done a similiar thing with Kirino.How could she tell a little girl that her affection towards her brother isn't normal?That's horrible.I definitively wish that she isn't going to get away with it.
Old 2013-05-22, 07:50   Link #1879
icebreaker

Quote:
Volume 10? I believe that was a dream where Kirino asks him to take off his pants. Not that he's fantasizing about Kirino.

^ Those who are considering Manami manipulative or every girl thinking her own way to get Kyousuke, I don't think that is the case. There has been a lot of hate on Manami, but the way the story is written, Manami isn't made to be an antagonist. This isn't some Korean drama.
Manami is literally like a grandmother. After seeing Kyousuke having huge mental pain from the incidents 3 years ago, she wants Kyousuke to be safe. And the reason she is against incest is not that she hates Kirino, but because they will receive intense social pressure and won't be happy that way. While she does have feelings for him, she said in Volume 11 as long as Kyousuke is happy she's happy. And she does think that Ayase's the best candidate for Kyousuke's wife.

I think Kuroneko went through a lot. From the time in Volume 9 where Kirino warns Kuroneko that Kyousuke isn't as perfect as she think he is, to the time Ayase told her that Kyousuke sexually harasses her, which he doesn't do to Kuroneko. I think she might have realized in a way that Kyousuke is more attracted to Ayase. I had a theory few pages ago that Kuroneko might actually be the one who pushed Ayase from not understanding her feelings to confession.

It's also unlike this publisher to go for any kind, even ambiguous ones, of Kirino end. (It's rare for them to even accept anything from the sister genre, I would think it has to be some form of deconstruction of the genre for them to accept it, Fushimi is also different from those normal incest authors as well) That's why, as a neutral Oreimo fan (I don't have any particular preferences in characters, nor do I hate anyone), I think that Ayase would probably win. Unless Kyousuke has been an unreliable narrator, which I don't think Kyousuke has been the enigma you people think he is.
For the title, it might be because people are contaminated by those incest stories, but "Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii wake ga Nai" doesn't actually sound wrong. What? Are sisters not allowed to be cute now?

Last edited by icebreaker; 2013-05-22 at 08:17.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:18   Link #1880
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Volume 10? I believe that was a dream where Kirino asks him to take off his pants. Not that he's fantasizing about Kirino.

^ Those who are considering Manami manipulative or every girl thinking her own way to get Kyousuke, I don't think that is the case. There has been a lot of hate on Manami, but the way the story is written, Manami isn't made to be an antagonist. This isn't some Korean drama.
Manami is literally like a grandmother. After seeing Kyousuke having huge mental pain from the incidents 3 years ago, she wants Kyousuke to be safe. And the reason she is against incest is not that she hates Kirino, but because they will receive intense social pressure and won't be happy that way. While she does have feelings for him, she said in Volume 11 as long as Kyousuke is happy she's happy. And she does think that Ayase's the best candidate for Kyousuke's wife.

I think Kuroneko went through a lot. From the time in Volume 9 where Kirino warns Kuroneko that Kyousuke isn't as perfect as she think he is, to the time Ayase told her that Kyousuke sexually harasses her, which he doesn't do to Kuroneko. I think she might have realized in a way that Kyousuke is more attracted to Ayase. I had a theory few pages ago that Kuroneko might actually be the one who pushed Ayase from not understanding her feelings to confession.

It's also unlike this publisher to go for any kind, even ambiguous ones, of Kirino end. That's why, as a neutral Oreimo fan (I don't have any particular preferences in characters, nor do I hate anyone), I think that Ayase would probably win. Unless Kyousuke has been an unreliable narrator, which I don't think Kyousuke has been the enigma you people think he is.
Sure,she isn't the antagonist of oreimo (antagonist's doesn't even exist in oreimo),but my point is that her deeds aren't as pure as you think.It can't be a coincidence that her two "advices" for the siblings are fitting so perfectly for her own
well being as it is now.It's unbelievable that her deeds aren't getting any consequences.I mean she literally destroyed the life of the siblings for many years.Because of her Kirino doesn't grow out of her feelings.She's stuck with her feelings since she was a child.

Yeah,Ayase has a good chance to get together with Kyousuke,but Kuroneko has the same chance.And I don't think that it's going to be that easy for Kirino and Kyousuke.At least Kirino has to admit and confess her feelings to Kyousuke.It doesn't solve anything when she's going to run away again.They need a conclusion.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings