Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-08-14, 13:09   Link #721
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
So I'm not reading this entire thread and I'm sure this has been talked about already, but I want to know again some opinions on this notion.

Why in the world are people all over the internet assuming that Bruce is dead and Alfred is dreaming at the end? That doesn't make any sense at all. There are various hints and scenes that are basically telling you that Bruce is alive. And there is literally nothing that suggests that Alfred would be dreaming in the first place. Nothing in the any of these films. And why would he be dreaming about Bruce together with Selina Kyle? He knew nothing of their relationship at all.

I just don't understand why people feel inclined to believe that they should over-think the ending and assume it's like Inception just because it has the same director. Are they trying to make themselves feel smarter or something? Because they're just making themselves to be morons.
Meh. Might as well say that, indeed, Bruce never came back to Gotham and Alfred has been hallucinating since Batman Begins. It'd explain things like the League of Shadows, or a billionaire vigilante in a bat costume.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 20:44   Link #722
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning_Wing View Post
Because Christopher Nolan constantly wants to be ambiguous all the time, even back when he made his best movies like Memento. I guess he wants it to be his trademark or something.

What I find strange is that a nuclear explosion bomb that big would have still caused a tsunami and destroyed Gotham anyway especially if it was as big as they said it was in the movie. As soon as I saw that I took none of the end seriously, whether he died or not.
Right, but his Batman franchise hasn't been ambiguous. As for Memento, that was just a form of non-linear storytelling, not a reality-check. It makes sense, you just have to put the pieces together. Really from what I recall, Inception was the only one that makes you second guess if everything is an illusion or not.

As for the explosion, yes it would have caused a tsunami. It would have also blinded the people of Gotham. The Bat wouldn't have been able to carry a bomb that far out in the bay with that much time either. Bruce also wouldn't have had his back healed in 5 months. You have to remember that this is a heightened reality. But there is a built-in logic that has grounds within the heightened reality because a lot of the extraordinary things have a little bit of exposition before they happen. This isn't the case with something like people assuming Alfred is dreaming. There is no precedent to come to that assumption.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 21:31   Link #723
Sumeragi
Banned

What's more important is that this is not your conventional nuclear weapon, but some experimental fusion reactor which could probably be powered down by external conditions, like the reactor used in Spiderman 2.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 04:12   Link #724
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well the "weapon" was said to be something like a 4 megaton device when configured like that. That's less than a third of the smallest atomic bombs used in combat (there are only two used in combat). 15 megatons was Little Boy and 21 megatons was Fat Man.
Old 2012-08-15, 04:19   Link #725
Sumeragi
Banned

No, those were kilotons.

Anyway, given that it was five months since the activation of the reactor as a weapon, it is possible that the general yield went down due to no input into the reactor and no additional upkeep.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 04:36   Link #726
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I also think it’s rather ridiculous to say that the ending is just a dream. Seriously, who said that? I wanna know.

Btw, I assume that it’s now save for us to post spoilers for TDKR here without tags?
Old 2012-08-22, 19:53   Link #727
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

So I finally watched DKR and it was amazing!

First of all, Blake was an awesome character. Even after I caught wind of Joseph Gordon-Levitt's role as a potential Robin on another forum, I was still blown away by how well he played his part and how beautifully Nolan implied it.

I also loved Hathaway's Catwoman. I was digging the costume the moment official pics were released and I was confident Anne would do a great job, but I was still blown away by how well she played the part. Her on the Batpod was just...right.

As for Bane...wow. Tom Hardy is simply the man. The way he conveyed different emotions through the mask was just brilliant. I still think his original voice was better but the one Nolan went with was still pretty good having watched the whole movie. Even in the few moments it sounded cheesy, Hardy still delivered the lines with conviction and sounded menacing. The fight scenes involving him were wonderfully brutal. I can't wait for the DVD just to rewind them again and again.

Part of me desperately wishes Nolan could continue making Batman films but he ended the trilogy so well.
Old 2013-01-24, 20:38   Link #728
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Lttp

So my friend give me his blu-ray disk from me to watch.

Amazing movie but without many flaw.

Thought I wondering about the pit thing. can anybody explain me where is it and what it used now

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 03:52   Link #729
LeoXiao
思想工作

Saw this along with TDK a week ago. I liked TDK better but this one had the cool factor working with it in unison with the sheer craziness. They turned Gotham City into Bolshevik Petrograd, badass. It felt like the producers read the Russian revolution article on wikipedia and decided they HAD to throw that in there.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 09:40   Link #730
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Saw this along with TDK a week ago. I liked TDK better but this one had the cool factor working with it in unison with the sheer craziness. They turned Gotham City into Bolshevik Petrograd, badass. It felt like the producers read the Russian revolution article on wikipedia and decided they HAD to throw that in there.
There is a clear difference between anarchy and communism, I imagine.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 21:42   Link #731
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
There is a clear difference between anarchy and communism, I imagine.
It's about the style, not the content. Just saying I got "storming the Winter Palace" vibes from it.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote