AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-06-28, 15:10   Link #1141
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Anyone here played eve online or playing??? I was getting Ideas there on how to deal with BETA... Avatar's Judgement should suffice on desolating moon surface of BETA
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 18:28   Link #1142
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Now I'm just gonna stay away from this an-BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA BANANA
- Oh great NOW YOU'VE DONE IT.

Gentlemen and ladies on the forum, this is how Wavehawk's brain works.

Quote:
Snickering quietly--if that were even possible--Takeru snuck around back. It's not perversion, it's revenge. It's a question of honor. And the nude pics to prove it. Or so he justified as he tiptoed over to the restricted showers, camera in hand.

For a second Takeru thought of the collateral damage. It might not just be that blue-haired girl. It could be the others in there. Sumika might break his face with another Drill Milky Punch. Meiya might--Takeru reassured himself the pain would be worth it. At the door, Takeru slid under the 'Restricted' sign that blocked his way. Already he could hear the showers running . The smarter, wiser part of his brain took notice of the lack of obviously feminine sounds. Takeru took no notice, readying his camera.

He counted to three and leaped into the showers, camera ready.

GOTCHA. The camera flash went off. The snickering stopped.

Uhm, wait. Takeru blinked upon seeing the pale white bodies staring back at him. That doesn't look like...they're not...

Beady black eyes looked back at him in amazement. Or the maximum amount of amazement that beady black alien eyes, big teeth and balloon heads could muster when ambushed by a human with a camera while in the showers. Which is to say not nearly as much as the amazement on Takeru's face.

"Nyabowufftanginathiscamera?" One of the things asked.

Think fast! Takeru screamed to himself, while an unexplainable terror of being eaten alive brains-first suddenly came to mind. "Wuh Wah Wuh wuh wah."

"Japplemoo. Gowidibomduck?" The nearest white thing pointed at Takeru. "SampleTouristJap?"

"ChisuhnibinIdjit." The other white thing poked the first one in the eyes. Or Holes. Or what passed for eyes.

"OW!"

"DaMuricah." A third responded, putting on a pair of sunglasses that did not fit, from an invisible pocket. "IssDaMuricah!"

They're speaking English? Takeru incorrectly surmised, hoping he hadn't just started an international incident.

All of a sudden, there was silence. Takeru then noticed they were looking at him.

...or rather, they were looking at an area just below his belt.

"BANANA!" They pointed to the space between his legs. "BANAAANAAAAA!"

"Wah?" Takeru could not comprehend it, but all of a sudden, the white things started chanting BANANABANANABANANA and looking at his pants hungrily. Again, the oddly sane part of his brain went: Don't they go for your brain first?

"No--NOOO!!" Takeru screamed as the chorus of BANANABANANABANANA resounded, ripping off his pants...

-----------------------------

"Reserved for those weird foreigners?"

"Yes. They couldn't understand me and didn't seem to have any idea about local customs." The hotel owner mumbled back to his secretary. "But the Mitsurugi Zaibatsu paid for their rooms, said something about them and rare minerals for sale."

"Well, I hope they don't cause trouble. They DO look creepy," the secretary shuddered. "What if they encounter one of the other guests?"

"It's okay, they don't speak english."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 04:41   Link #1143
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Oh God why

Why did I even suggest th-NO WAIT THIS IS MY COMPUTER DAMN IT STOP USING IT TO SEARCH BANANA THERE SOME IN KITCHEN GO GET THEM

And now let me said it again.
OH God why
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 01:07   Link #1144
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Back on track for what I'm SUPPOSED to be writing now. Next excerpt. I'm trying to work in how TSFs move and how it would feel to an outsider as opposed to the pilot, so I haven't gotten to "the good part" yet.

Quote:
CODE:991

"BETA spotted." Burkhart reported, unnaturally calm.

Beings of Extra Terrestrial origin, Adversaries of humanity. Elle wondered who coined the jaw-breaking term, but regarded them by their acronym BETA as everyone else had. A strange and varied horde of alien lifeforms that seemed mindlessly focused on consumption. Like locusts, feeding on everything they approached. Human, animal or plant was taken apart and eaten. More like adversaries of earthly life.

The European continent was slowly being cleansed of the the enemy lifeform, but occasional groups would be spotted. This was why she did not question Icon Flight's equipping of live ammunition. BETA encounters were initially common during her service with the Jasta-44, but began reducing in number as the nearby hives were captured or destroyed. From her high vantage point Elle felt they looked like herds of sheep grazing on the countryside. If only they were as harmless as sheep.

Phantom Arc's cold eye zeroed in on the distant moving mass. Even before the UCAV's image enhancing software kicked in, Elle could easily make out the larger BETA. Rows of mottled sea-green shells strode in front, followby what seemed like dead-flesh colored scorpions. Between the giants were streams of red mass, causing Elle to shiver. Tank-class, she bit her lip even as the image recognition confirmed the name. The larger shelled creatures were labelled Destroyers and the giant scoprions were Grapplers. The three types she saw were the BETA species most dangerous to heavy combat vehicles like TSFs. Elle could not confirm the existence of smaller types, as Phantom Arc was too far to confirm sightings. At the height the UCAV flew, none of the BETA she had identified thus far were an immediate threat.

Unless there's a Laser-class BETA somewhere in that mix. She assumed there were none, as even one of the Laser species of BETA would have shot the Phantom Arc out of the sky long before a Code 991 would have alerted her.

The horde was not charging, simply in transit to another location. Other than the warning, no other notices appeared on Phantom Arc's interface. The BETA had not spotted either the UCAV or Icon Flight, and their direction of movement was heading nowhere near the Pit. A small group of stragglers, wandering the land aimlessly.

Someone else's problem. BETA that were forcibly evicted from their own hive would attempt to reach the next nearest hive. They would either make it or simply stop, as if out of fuel.

A ping in her ear as she received an update request. It was from Icon-2, asking details about the BETA sighting. Not thinking, Elle relayed the coordinates and approximate strength to the TSF. Only when the info had been sent--a flash not even a second long--did Burkhart realize that it was not the pilot requesting the data, but Icon-2's own fire control computer.

Odd? Elle wondered why the pilot simply didn't request a datafeed on the radio. She also noticed that the data conversation between Icon-2 and 3 had changed. There was more agreement, it seemed. None of the random data being thrown as earlier--the two machines were now actively exchanging tactical information. Icon-3 in particular was relaying range and rate of fire information for its 105mm Cannon back to the other TSF.

Formulating a battle plan on the fly? Burkhart was now thinking seriously about her earlier immersive control theory. Her in-cockpit camera showed the pilot of Icon-3 growing agitated, as if in anticipation of attack orders. Icon-2's pilot seemed unmoved as ever.

"Icon Flight, clear to engage targets."

What? Elle mouthed the question but did not speak it. It was Colonel Wilkes' voice she heard on the line, clear as a bell. That voice had a nonchalant chill to it, but from her seat Elle could see both of the Icon frames shudder.

"TALLY HO!!!" Icon-3's pilot screamed joyfully at the top of his lungs with an accent Elle could not originally place.

The two TSFs dove downward, straight to the ground. Mere feet from impact they pulled their legs forward. In the upright position Icon Flight dashed into a zig-zag run toward the BETA herd.

Laserjagd tactics. Burkhart had seen this action done countless times with the Eurofighter TSFs of the 66th Armored. Although none of the anti-air Laser-class were spotted, Icon-2 and 3 were not taking chances. By flying close to ground level they were forcing the BETA to pause before aiming.

Laser-Class did not fire through their brethren.

Elle's UCAV eyes kept their gaze fixed in their direction, one camera still trained at the still-distant BETA. In the hint of one image, she looked again at the data streams between the Icon TSFs.

The data flying between the machines was manic.

"Watchtower, follow Icon flight. Maintain observation." Wilkes voice was unmoved.

"Copy." Elle marvelled at the lack of surprise in her voice. Gently, she nudged the UCAV in the direction of the two TSFs.
Old 2013-06-30, 03:23   Link #1145
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
There was a building called Sears Tower once...

Also, more of extra love drama. A bit shorter this time, and it pretty much closes the narrative arc, before we move onto deeds.

Spoiler for Enter the Cryska:

From personal experience, being powerless is the absolute worst experience you can ever have. The despair of the fact is almost overpowering.

Also, the first drinking will be next. As will Inia's master plan for a Happy End.
So, when's the next one AMT?
Old 2013-06-30, 04:18   Link #1146
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
So, when's the next one AMT?
- cut him some slack. Fic-writing doesn't always come easily even when you know what it is you want to write.
NO ACCESS
Spoiler:

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-06-30 at 07:56.
Old 2013-07-01, 18:58   Link #1147
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Like Wave said, writing is not an exact science, so I can't really give deadlines and follow them. I tried it, and it doesn't work.

Moreover, I'm being busy and my (supposed) holidays are (currently) crap, so I don't really have either time or motivation to do it. And I have to travel a lot this week on top of it, so yeah.

In a few weeks however...who knows?
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 04:17   Link #1148
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Next bit. does anyone actually read anything here anymore?
Quote:
Phantom Arc turned, easily accelerating after Icon Flight's trail. The cameras did not lose their targets, still keeping a firm lock on both the TSFs and the BETA they were closing in on. It would be mere seconds before the aliens were in range of the TSF main weapons.

Burkhart found herself neither excited nor frightened. Even during CSAR operations, she would fly her machine without fear or misgivings. Elle was both thoroughly immersed and yet completely detached from the situation at hand. Becoming the UCAV and yet aware of being separate from it. As if she were two different entities at once, one logical and one emotional. The emotional part of her was left behind, back in the human body within the Pit. The UCAV with its god's-eye view was her logic. Detached, almost dispassionate.

Mortal, yet also immortal.

Icon-3 opened up a salvo with the XM-244 gun, tearing a hole in the united BETA herd. The explosive rounds shatered the armored Destroyers and sent the lesser species flying. The distance was too far for Burkhart to hear the actual gunfire, but she imagined its roar nonetheless. The horde stopped, smaller BETA responding to the threat first as the larger ones slowed to face the threat.

Burkhart toggled a thumbswitch on her controls. A new camera view popped up, one from Icon-3's point of view.

Confirming mix of BETA. Icon-3's gun camera trained across the BETA hordes, laying down a spread of 105mm fire. It only confirmed the three types she had seen from the air. If any of the other classes of BETA were in the mix, they would likely be further in, protected by the larger types. I'll need a close-in view.

Eyes still on Icon-3's gun camera, Elle watched Icon-2 dive straight into the gap Icon-3 had created. Burkhart remembered the TSF's weapons layout, that of an assault cannon and melee halberd. The pilot was closing in to ranges where these would be most effective. Swiftly, she tried to switch the camera view to Icon-2.

NO ACCESS

No access? Elle was puzzled, but switched back to Phantom Arc's view. The UCAV had closed into range of the now-running battle.

None of BETA observed had ranged weaponry, but all were lethal at TSFs melee range. American TSF doctrine focused on attacking at range, while Asian TSF pilots were more close-combat focused. Icon-2 closed the gap quickly, drawing its melee halberd. The Type-74 PB Blade slid clean from it's mount, inscribing a wicked curve in the sunlight. Burkhart was again reminded of the samurai-like heads and wondered whether the Icon pilots were Japanese. Certainly, Icon-2 held its blade in a manner befitting a charging samurai. Still, the GWS-9 Assault Cannon remained mounted to the TSF's back. Why isn't he using his guns?

The Tank-class BETA in the swarm numbered in the hundreds. Icon-3's gun camera mowed the creatures down, but more seemed to fill in for the gaps made by their dead.

It was then that Icon-2 pitched forward headfirst, as if stumbling. Elle could not see if the machine tripped or if there was a pilot fault as the Strike Eagle rolled head-over-heels inverted, vulnerable back facing the attacking Tank-class.

Like a wave of red blood they leapt at Icon-2, attempting to consume the giant machine whole.

Elle's eyes flicked to the data flow screen, noticing the rapid relay of data. Like an announcer frantically speaking an a foreign language, a short burst of data from Icon-2 mentioned the GWS-9 cannon and its rear mount.

The mount pylon sub-arm that held Icon-2's assault cannon extended, aiming at the incoming BETA. Although primarily used as weapons mounts, the pylons could act as a secondary set of TSF arms.

High-velocity 36mm fire tore into the BETA, sweeping the lesser creatures aside.

The heavy jump engines fired, and the still-inverted Icon-2 disengaged from the red mass at high speed. Living Tank-class stumbled over their dead comrades, piling up in a confused mass. The TSF then rolled back upright, turning around to attack the mass once again with it's drawn but still unused sword. Accelerating, Icon-2's blade cut into the recovering swarm of Tank-class before they could react. Momentum gained from attack led to the TSF leaping away from the BETA before they could counterattack. Then just as suddenly it would reverse it's direction and attack the alien swarm at another angle, melee halberd attacking in front while the assault cannon fired to it's rear.

They were simlar to tactics that Burkhart had seen in use with European TSF squadrons, but never on an individual level. And never this fast. She then wondered about the stresses on the pilot. Icon-2 was performing maneuvers that would translate into extremely high g-forces in the cockpit.

That's far too nimble for a Strike Eagle. Elle understood the Icon machines' larger Jump engines would be a factor, but had not realized they would grant such a high level of mobility. It was also daring and unnecessary. Another thought hit her: Are they showing off?

The data coming in was rapid but seemed to have no urgency. As if this sort of combat was routine.

Icon-3's gun camera was still supressing the BETA horde from long range, but the pilot did not assist Icon-2. Likewise, Icon-2 did not deign to protect Icon-3 from any BETA closing in. Both two Icon units stayed out of each others way, and neither made a move to support the other. It seemed like the two TSFs and their pilots were working completely independent of each other.

But that's not really the case. Icon-2 was engaging the more numerous Tank-class with hit and run tactics, while Icon-3's squad gun focused on the larger Destroyer and Grappler-class. By using the PB Blade, Icon-2 was conserving ammo for its assault cannon. The TSF's rifle only fired when engaging a massed enemy. Icon-3 kept it's distance and maneuvered to fire on the herd's flanks.

Two TSFs against a herd of BETA. Their ammunition would not hold out, but neither pilot seemed concerned. Indeed, Icon-3's pilot seemed to be enjoying himself. Like playing a game.

Another suspicion. Is this a JIVES simulation?

Elle checked her UCAV data and verified this was all in real-time. TSF computers had an inbuilt simulator, the Joint Integrated Visualization Emulator System or JIVES. It was often used to train TSF pilots by simulating combat with BETA. No, the BETA she was seeing were real. JIVES was a TSF-only system for TSF training, it wouldn't be installed on a UCAV. It was possible, but unlikely.

"Watchtower, can you see any Laser-class?" Wilkes' voice again.

He's asking the obvious, Elle mentally replied as she reviewed the carnage below. "No Laser-class confirmed."

"Damn." The Colonel spat.

Is Wilkes disappointed?

"Recall Phantom Arc. There's nothing more to be learned from this."

Burkhart could see Icon Flight still engaged with the BETA. A normal UCAV pilot would have asked why they were not recalled. Although the pair were performing remarkably against the herd, they would run out of ammunition eventually. And there were always more BETA than ammunition.

Strangely, Elle who was curious about the machines pilots and workings, did not concern herself with their actual survival.

"Roger that." Elle set about returning Phantom Arc to base. This wasn't a SAR mission.
Old 2013-07-07, 10:26   Link #1149
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...I'm guessing that..

Spoiler for You have control:

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 03:58   Link #1150
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...I'm guessing that..

Yuuko: "Saa..." (mischievous smile)

...dammit, now I'm going to have to find sme way to put Yuuko in this fic.
Old 2013-07-08, 08:11   Link #1151
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Next bit. does anyone actually read anything here anymore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...I'm guessing that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Yuuko: "Saa..." (mischievous smile)

...dammit, now I'm going to have to find sme way to put Yuuko in this fic.
Spoiler for Guess:
Old 2013-07-09, 06:18   Link #1152
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Short bit. I'm taking my time with the next part. What can be more tense than facing off against BETA?
Quote:
Phantom Arc landed in silence along the dust and gravel. It taxiied unassisted to the elevator, slowly drawn back under the yellow burnt earth and sun. Burkhart did not remove her helmet until the UCAV was safely back in its servicing berth. There was a part of her that wanted to stay in the machine, to stay separate and dreaming of flight.

Reluctantly, Elle removed the helmet.

The sight of Min-jae looking down at her came as a jolt.

How long had he been watching? Elle felt more vulnerable now than when she first set foot in the Pit. There was a sudden emotional need for her to jump back into the control pod and lock herself in. To be in the sky again.

"You gonna stay in that thing all day?" There was no warm smile on the Crew Boss' anger-reddened face. He jerked a thumb upward. "Colonel sphincter-pucker-factor wants you in his office."

Elle nodded silently, placing the helmet down. Min-jae did not bother to wait or explain, storming off muttering curses Burkhart did not understand.

The welcome's definitely worn out by now.

Silently, Elle walked back through the Pit hangar. On the way to Wilkes' office, she passed the the UCAV's maintenance berth. Only then did she see Phantom Arc in it's full form.

Most UCAVs that Elle had flown had the same common shape, that of a single-engined angular flying wing with no vertical surfaces. Phantom Arc shared the lack of vertical tails and a large wing, but the similarities ended there.

Two recessed intakes hid a pair of large engines, blended into the UCAV's body. The machine had a pair of angled frontal canards, a trait uncommon on unmanned aircraft. It even had a proper aircraft's nose, albeit one studded with angled glassy panels that looked more like razor-edged teeth than the camera eyes they contained. Phantom Arc's body had a ghostly grey color that seemed alive to Burkhart in the light of the hangar, calling to mind the white sharks she had seen in her childhood.

A flying shark, Elle thought. The front canards even seemed to resemble a shark's telltale dorsal fin.
Old 2013-07-12, 17:11   Link #1153
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Just letting everyone know, that after a protracted leave of absence, I'm starting to write stuff again.

So I should have some stuff ready. Soon. By "soon", I am thinking in weeks (plural form).

Also, I'd like some lasers with that flying shark.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 00:47   Link #1154
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Also, I'd like some lasers with that flying shark.
STOP HACKING MY PC AND PREREADING MY FICS!!! ...either that, or you must know one of the Sestina sisters and are actually hacking my brain.

Seriously, you guys are one step ahead of me in my story alreayd, which is why I have to keep changing it...
Old 2013-07-14, 08:33   Link #1155
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I really hate how my brain works. Bad enough that I've been workign this weekend and haven't been able to sit down and write...then I listen to this by accident on youtube (I tend to trawl youtube for music to listen to while trying to write fics/build kits/get other stuff done that's not related to my day job):

http://youtu.be/CbA3WMlmbwQ

*sigh*...allright, anyone up for writing a parody fanfic involving 3 Kung-Fu Kicking IRG trainees in GEKIshins? Because I am NOT writing this. I am not. I'm not...
Old 2013-07-15, 12:29   Link #1156
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Muv luv-The last moment miracle chapter 28 is out.
Old 2013-07-17, 02:38   Link #1157
Chibiloli

I wonder if they could make Jaegers ala Pacific Rim to combat the fort class in Unlimited/Alternative.
Old 2013-07-17, 08:11   Link #1158
Mangathell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
I wonder if they could make Jaegers ala Pacific Rim to combat the fort class in Unlimited/Alternative.
They're a bit tall though... Laser class could hit them easy. Still bloody cool mechs though those jaegers.

P.s. captain lurker of the L-boat has delurked

Last edited by Mangathell; 2013-07-17 at 08:13. Reason: Didn't quite say everything I wanted to
Mangathell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 08:46   Link #1159
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangathell View Post
They're a bit tall though... Laser class could hit them easy. Still bloody cool mechs though those jaegers.

P.s. captain lurker of the L-boat has delurked
Just give the Jaegers a Moorcock-Lechte Drive.
Old 2013-07-17, 20:44   Link #1160
Mangathell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Just give the Jaegers a Moorcock-Lechte Drive.
True that! And then it could just walk up to the hive and dig it out with its hands!
Mangathell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction, harem