AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2003-11-07, 23:23   Link #1
Leon.S.Kenedy

what is going on with Get Backers

About 3 weaks ago I read a post that there might be a second session of Get Backers. Since than no one else has said any thing about it. So is there going to be a second session? I hope so

Last edited by Keitaro; 2004-02-11 at 22:47. Reason: Note: Merged thread with another thread with similar topic.
Leon.S.Kenedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 00:52   Link #2
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

At this point with the information I have gathered over the past 2 months or so it doesn't look good. I'm looking at there being less than a 15% chance of a second season right now. The actual season 2 may not occur for another 2-3 years, so my information at present may be off. But as it stands right now there is no information on a second season. I've still got friends working over some of the studios and TV stations that I haven't covered already, but with having hit over 80% of the networks and independent stations already, I've come up with nothing for the forseeable future.

So my opinion right now is that there will be no Get Backers season 2 anytime within the next 2 years. I do realize that the rumor mills initially stated that the series would resume 3 months after the close of the previous season, but I no longer believe that rumor anymore. Reason being, all of the people on the rumor networks all sound like they're on a major coke trip right now. So as it stands for the forseeable future, there will be no season 2. Sorry.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 01:55   Link #3
filipino heat
oro??

Unhappy

sniff sniff....ban-chan, ginji-kun, and akabane-san....i mite not see them ever again and the manga isnt out in my local barnes n noble yet
filipino heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 12:26   Link #4
takoyaki_gal
Hawaii De Gash

Send a message via MSN to takoyaki_gal
i think try to watch it again...!^-^ [COLOR=DarkRed]
takoyaki_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 16:46   Link #5
7thMethuselah

man, the idea that GetBackers actually won't be prolonged makes me really really sad

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-09-18 at 10:42.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 17:32   Link #6
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

At least we get manga in Feb. courtesy of Tokyopop. I personally feel the anime ended at a pretty decent spot, so I won't be upset if we don't see anymore. 49 episodes is already a pretty hefty run. Though I'm a big fan, so another season would just be a bonus. And the manga will help fill the hole in my heart.
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 17:58   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, I'm still waiting to get the reports back from the people who are helping with this search, but I'm not holding out any hope. It's been all zeros to date. Of course since the data I'm getting can change anytime over the next 2 years, if you want to bug me in another year or two I'll start the search over again and see if anything has changed. But for now, I'm still voting no season 2.
Old 2003-11-08, 18:27   Link #8
Wolfwood2970

wellp my response to this is

No loss there

concidering the fact that i stopped at episode 30ish i felt as if the getbackers series was getting extremely stupid

Sincerly,
Wolfwood2970
Wolfwood2970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 19:26   Link #9
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

am I the only one who thinks it doesn't need a 2nd season? It had too many filler episodes in the first season
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 21:58   Link #10
NenMaster

i agree not fibished it because there eps about nothing :/
NenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 22:53   Link #11
eLstar
(^_^)v

There's so much to the story that you could do. So many doors have been left open. And the premise is easy to catch on, since you could basically do hundreds of episodes with using the same format...

But I'd rather have an arc that explores Ban's past, an dhave Ginji be the one with the scene stealers.

eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 22:58   Link #12
Snuble07

Yea I gave up on the first season too. It was one of my favorites but I grew tired of the pointless episodes. The series was AMAZING durring the whole infinate fortress angle but was never able to come back with an interesting plot.
Snuble07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 03:34   Link #13
Rigel
Your New Master

Send a message via AIM to Rigel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuble07
Yea I gave up on the first season too. It was one of my favorites but I grew tired of the pointless episodes. The series was AMAZING durring the whole infinate fortress angle but was never able to come back with an interesting plot.
I think that this sums everything up. GetBackers wasn't bad after the infinite fortress saga but it seemed like there was something missing after that. I'm going to say that there is zero chance for a second season because I personally thought that it seemed like they closed the book on the series at the end for good.
Rigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 03:56   Link #14
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuble07
Yup, I second that. Like the episode with the damn monkeys. That episode was annoying just cuz it was so pointless. (That and those monkeys got on my nerves.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 12:40   Link #15
7thMethuselah

i have to agree that doing 2 episodes with those stu^pid monkeys was a bit too much. But then again about half of the episodes between the first and 2nd mugenjou series explored a bit about the past of the side characters in getBackers. And the episode where Ginji ends up in the hospital may be a filler episode but it was hilarious

Anyway I really hope they do another season, there are stilltoo many questions left unanswered
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 03:18   Link #16
dragonstar13
Busy

To think if they took out all the filler episodes, they might have been able to include more of a closure ending. What annoys me is that they ended it without telling us what "the Last children" are suppose to be. Nor what Ginji really is. And the kicker, mainly they didn't go to the top of babylon city to see who the "God" was. But I guess they didn't need to do that either.
I guess it can't be helped. The only thing we can look forward to now is the manga releases by tokyopop. For our non-North American friends, well maybe you can find a site that translates it in your language or get the Japanese manga.
dragonstar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-14, 05:00   Link #17
Perseid

Is it really only one season being 49 episodes? How does that work? I assumed it was 2 seasons.
Perseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 06:13   Link #18
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstar13
To think if they took out all the filler episodes, they might have been able to include more of a closure ending. What annoys me is that they ended it without telling us what "the Last children" are suppose to be. Nor what Ginji really is. And the kicker, mainly they didn't go to the top of babylon city to see who the "God" was. But I guess they didn't need to do that either.
Ok, we learn A LOT about the Last Children in episode 36. It seems that it may be as simple as being cursed by witch doctors.

And in episode 49, the egyptian looking dude explains that Ginji is an anomaly in the Babylon controlled Mugenjou (kind of like Neo in the Matrix.) The very fact that the rulers are said to be from Babylon suggests that they go against the will of God. The egyptian guy also mentions that Ginji, thus, may be God's way of punishing the rulers.

And as far as going to Babylon city- well, Gen explains what Brain Trust is, just more fighters along with scientists and engineers and crap. You really need to see it?

So I think your complaints are largely dealt with.

I have a couple of complaints.
1. The egyptian dude mentions that both Ginji AND Ban will find the answers they are looking for. Unless you want to be really general about your answer, I dont see what Ban found out...
2. In the little arc about the Arms of the Goddess, we meet this schizophrenic character that seems to have a past with Ban, yet they only actually see each other for about 5 seconds. I thought this character would be more important after watching the new opening.
3. The end battle with kurusuki was a LITTLE BIT RUSHED. One punch was enough to beat up kurusuki? What the heck? I understand Ginji is powerful, but that is sloppy.

I just finished watching this series, and OVERALL, Im quite pleased with how it ended. I like how they preserved some of the mystique of Ban, Akabane and others. I was crestfallen when Ban kicked the crap out of Akabane and equally relieved when Akabane told Mr. Pretty Boy (dont know his name) that he hadnt been fighting at his potential. Obviously, there's plenty of room for more arcs about Babylon, Ban, etc.

Does anybody know- does the manga end here? or is there more that could be made into anime?
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 11:37   Link #19
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Getbackers season 2 !!!

Ok guys please don't kill, or Ban me for creating this topic however, does anyone still think that we are going to see a getbackers season 2. I remember hearing that their was going to be a season 2 however soon after their was no further mention of it. What I would like to Know is if anyone has heard anything about season 2. I have a pretty strong feeling that we will see a season 2 and the abrupt ending was only to let the manga expand a little more.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 14:54   Link #20
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

No, season 2 appears to have either been delayed indefinately, canceled, or the original rumor was false. I'm more likely to believe the 3rd one that the original rumor was false as my later research came up with nothing pointing to a second season. That may change in the future, but as of right now, there will be no season 2.