AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-05, 04:13   Link #4021
Used Can

I believe there are 2 Kanons. I'll write down and post my idea whenever I don't feel lazy.
Old 2010-08-05, 04:48   Link #4022
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Spoiler for Size:
Old 2010-08-05, 05:40   Link #4023
Disz

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
How about this. A storm made a boat with gold crash on Rokkenjima. The only survivor was Kuwadorian's Beato that was a small baby. The only witness was Kinzo. He named the baby after the storm.
Sorry ,I am aware this was posted quite a while ago,but this just hit me.
Although I believe it is quite foolish to believe that a storm brought him gold,that is not the point.What I want to ask is...when did he receive the baby,and when was Nastuhis baby taken away?

If they happen to be the same...we could probably assume it could have been Beatrice?Or was it identified in red truth to be a male?If not,it might be safe to say the servant fell off a cliff with the baby,Natsuhi came n cried and what not,left,only to be found by Goldsmith,thinking the servant body was a sacrafice for the baby,picked it up and raised it as it's own.Then years later Rosa finds Betwo and....hm.Does this contradict anything/any hints toward this?
Old 2010-08-05, 10:06   Link #4024
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Has Ryukishi written any post-Episode 6 TIPs?

Also, request for the "Game Master Battler" TIP. Thanks in advance.
Old 2010-08-05, 10:10   Link #4025
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There's a link to a list of all the translated TIPS so far in my sig. three of them were made after EP6, and I heard there are others.

Old 2010-08-05, 10:20   Link #4026
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

EP6 had the battle scenes we wanted (Beato vs. Erika),
and battle scenes no one expected (Kyrie vs. Jessica),

Therefore, I demand EP7 to have a Nanjo versus Gohda fight.
Old 2010-08-05, 10:37   Link #4027
Leafsnail

Has anyone else been wondering why "Kinzo is dead at the start of all games" is something close to Beatrice's heart? I mean, you could understand Shkannontrice, "the other Battler", Kanon actually being Kinzo or Beatrice's true identity being integral to her, but what vital thing did Kinzo's death status actually tell us about the nature of the witch?

The only thing I can think of is that "Beatrice" was using Kinzo's seal as evidence that the FFT was Kinzo's will, and that Kyrie's suggestion that Kinzo is dead in ep4 prevents any kind of fake first twilight (so the culprit just gets out their rifle and goes on something of a rampage).

And looking back over ep2 (the one I'm struggling on most at the moment) I was wondering - what is the most popular theory for why Kanon is recognised after he is confirmed as dead (excluding personality death?).
Old 2010-08-05, 10:59   Link #4028
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Most popular? Assuming no personalities or personality death, he was "acknowledged" as alive by mutual lie. That is, Gohda/Shannon/Genji said Kanon was alive and that they saw him. At least partially, they were lying.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Old 2010-08-05, 11:33   Link #4029
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There's a link to a list of all the translated TIPS so far in my sig. three of them were made after EP6, and I heard there are others.
As far as I know the only other one is a sequel to the Jessica's Mother's Day tip, and it's...hilarious (the ending, at least) . I don't believe anybody's translated it yet, though.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2010-08-05, 13:54   Link #4030
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disz View Post
Sorry ,I am aware this was posted quite a while ago,but this just hit me.
Although I believe it is quite foolish to believe that a storm brought him gold,that is not the point.What I want to ask is...when did he receive the baby,and when was Nastuhis baby taken away?

If they happen to be the same...we could probably assume it could have been Beatrice?Or was it identified in red truth to be a male?If not,it might be safe to say the servant fell off a cliff with the baby,Natsuhi came n cried and what not,left,only to be found by Goldsmith,thinking the servant body was a sacrafice for the baby,picked it up and raised it as it's own.Then years later Rosa finds Betwo and....hm.Does this contradict anything/any hints toward this?
It's not a red, but it does contradict the "All the clues have been given in arc 1-2-3-4", there's nothing that really hints Natsuhi had an adopted child + that child fell from a cliff, especially not precisely 19 years ago.

Now I wrote that about the gold in a boat, but I was making someone's else theory work, sorta. I honestly believe that Kinzo never found/was given any gold. It seriously would take out the value of Kinzo entirely, and simply turn him into a lucky and ridiculously unfair person. He blames his children as faillure but if he basically just won the lottery he's the one with the LEAST credit of all of the family. Not to mention that half of his insane behaviors have next to no justification if that's true. Even things like Genji's ridiculous loyalty to him feels like it'd be a ridiculous strech if he simply found gold.

I seriously believe, in honor to Kinzo, that the gold was a scam. Krauss' theory in arc 1 is likely right, tho there was really 1 gold ingot, it's very possibly Kinzo sold all the assets of the Ushiromiya to get enough money to get a single one of them. Eva is shown to have done something similar to get money in post arc 3. Basically all form of magic in Umineko are illusions. There are no miracles, but sometimes there is the illusion of a miracle, the same can really apply to the gold. So why does the gold even exist now? Because Kinzo is a good liar. Before anyone figures out the truth about any of his lies, he makes it into the truth. The gold didn't appear magically on Rokkenjima, it took Kinzo's whole career to amass it slowly. Why is he even grateful to Beatrice in the first place for the gold? She might be the one who helped him designing that scam, or simply inspired him to. She might've shown a few tricks to Kinzo and he used that as "core ideas" to develop his scam.

Any theories that Kinzo found the gold contradicts completely the idea of him being a genius who have incredible timing in his bets. He'd also be nothing like Battler at this point. It's like suggesting Battler makes a stroll in Rokkenjima and somehow finds the gold by mistake without solving the epitaph and still become the heir. That'd be really cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameskitty View Post
As far as I know the only other one is a sequel to the Jessica's Mother's Day tip, and it's...hilarious (the ending, at least) . I don't believe anybody's translated it yet, though.
Oh do you mind resuming it in a few lines?
Old 2010-08-05, 14:10   Link #4031
Pika_power

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Spoiler for Size:
But it's said the Kyoto president was offered to pick out any ingot from the pile, and get it tested.

Are you implying that Kinzo got one ingot, put it in the fake stack, then bet everything on the Kyoto president picking that single ingot?

That's a ridiculous idea.

Then again, this IS Kinzo we're talking about...
Old 2010-08-05, 14:12   Link #4032
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

If his gold were fake, why go to the trouble of "turning it real?" Once he's made profits off the ventures that his initial loans earn him, he can simply pay those off and never show anyone his "gold" again. He no longer needs it for collateral (as now he has other businesses which can be used instead). What point would there be to that?

Obviously before ep5 the prevailing theory I seem to recall is that most of the gold was fake, but Lambda appears to have shot that down.

Old 2010-08-05, 14:14   Link #4033
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika_power View Post
But it's said the Kyoto president was offered to pick out any ingot from the pile, and get it tested.

Are you implying that Kinzo got one ingot, put it in the fake stack, then bet everything on the Kyoto president picking that single ingot?

That's a ridiculous idea.

Then again, this IS Kinzo we're talking about...
Luck would surely be a huge part of it, but if Kinzo knew this guy well, he might have been able to guess which general area he would try to take one from. For example, it's a fairly safe bet that most people wouldn't have taken one from the upper left of the stack, since that wouldn't feel "random" (the old trick about multiple choice tests. Ask someone to make one up in their head, and they'll almost never set 'a' as the correct answer). The better Kinzo knew this guy, the better chances he could have of guessing which one he'd pick.

Quote:
If his gold were fake, why go to the trouble of "turning it real?" Once he's made profits off the ventures that his initial loans earn him, he can simply pay those off and never show anyone his "gold" again. He no longer needs it for collateral (as now he has other businesses which can be used instead). What point would there be to that?
Remember all his ghost said about "giving everything back to Beatrice, all of my honor, wealth, and gold". That might have something to do with it. Plus, it would silence (almost) any remaining doubts that his old story about the gold was a lie.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2010-08-05, 14:22   Link #4034
UsagiTenpura
Artist

People made entire nations built a Pyramid in their honor to make their own legend immortal, there is nothing even vaguely weird in comparison that Kinzo would make his own legend become true.

For the rest... Chronotrig answered for me ^^
Old 2010-08-05, 14:34   Link #4035
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

That doesn't make any sense unless it was fundamental to his epitaph plan to give away real gold. Now, that may be the case, but that raises some questions, like:
  • Was Krauss actually embezzling, or was Kinzo the one embezzling... from himself?
  • Who was in control of the family finances? If Krauss had a hand in it, wouldn't the gradual disappearance of funding into creating a hidden gold stockpile come to somebody's notice? Especially when he's in financial straits.
  • How did Kinzo buy people's silence in casting and stamping the gold? Where'd he do it? How'd he smuggle it to Rokkenjima and store it without anybody seeing him do it?

Old 2010-08-05, 14:44   Link #4036
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
That doesn't make any sense unless it was fundamental to his epitaph plan to give away real gold. Now, that may be the case, but that raises some questions, like:
  • Was Krauss actually embezzling, or was Kinzo the one embezzling... from himself?
  • Who was in control of the family finances? If Krauss had a hand in it, wouldn't the gradual disappearance of funding into creating a hidden gold stockpile come to somebody's notice? Especially when he's in financial straits.
  • How did Kinzo buy people's silence in casting and stamping the gold? Where'd he do it? How'd he smuggle it to Rokkenjima and store it without anybody seeing him do it?
Well, if we trust ghost Kinzo, he didn't want to give his fortune to his children. So, unless Krauss actually outsmarted Kinzo, I doubt he embezzled any more than Kinzo wanted him to. Since Kinzo seems to have at least some financial talent, it makes sense that he would have a way of protecting the greater share of his wealth from his children, if he wanted to.

Old 2010-08-05, 14:50   Link #4037
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
I'm not sure why that doesn't make any sense according to you. It's not very different from from Krauss' own scam.

Kinzo was in control of his own finances? If no one can notice that he spent the funds to built Kuwadorian then there's nothing weird about him keeping 10 tons of gold over like... what 40 years? I'm not suggesting Kinzo "just finished" doing this. Most of the points you raise have been raised and answered by the sibblings' discussions over the arcs.

Kinzo bought people's silence about having a girl prisoner in Kuwadorian. Now, if people were to open their mouth, which one they'd open up their mouth about?
Also it's a fact that the gold has the Ushiromiya Crest on it, so no matter, even if Kinzo found the gold he still had to recast and stamp it anyway. So that's not really an argument, however it's arguably a good question. Tho with theories such as "Kinzo has a nuke on Rokkenjima" having his own place to cast his gold doesn't seem very messed up of an idea. Actually I'm not too certain about this but I think I remember that some foundries weren't that big.

Some guy smuggled a lot of stuff to Kuwadorian without being seen, what's so weird about that? Also there's 1000 ingots, if Kinzo bought them 1 per day on himself there's nothing that would be weird about it not being being it. It only takes 1000 days... over like 30-40 years (depending on when he had access to Rokkenjima I guess).

Edit: About that president who went along with Kinzo's scam, the very idea he was able to bring back one of them is so fishy I'm not sure why that needs to be really explained. Especially since Krauss answered that himself in arc 1. Really, it's sorta silly to ignore completely what they say.
Old 2010-08-05, 14:53   Link #4038
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Is there any proof the Ushiromiya one-winged crest predates Kinzo's tenure as family head? He could just as easily have created the crest based on the stamp on the gold as gotten the gold actually stamped.

I'm just not seeing any sanity to doing it if the gold was initially fake. Might as well just leave the fake gold with a note taped to it: "Gold is mostly fake, but nobody knows that; have fun scamming people, love Grandpa." Crazy as it sounds, I think it more plausible that he somehow actually got his hands on gold he wasn't supposed to find - gold which would have been out of the usual channels and thus unaccounted-for - than to purchase accounted-for wealth over time to fill in a "gold" stockpile he already had.

Old 2010-08-05, 14:56   Link #4039
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Hey everyone, I'm back. Just finished Ep6, and I think I might have a solution to the logic error/Battler's closed room that doesn't (directly) involve Shkanon. Since it's not originally my theory, it may have been posted here before, but a search of the relevant keywords doesn't bring up anything, so... here goes:

Spoiler for big-ass theory:

Just by the existence of a nine-year-old's riddle book, this level of reasoning is possible.

What do you think, everyone!?

Edit: R-Revised... my master.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2010-08-06 at 01:19.
Old 2010-08-05, 15:00   Link #4040
chronotrig

Quote:
I'm just not seeing any sanity to doing it if the gold was initially fake. Might as well just leave the fake gold with a note taped to it: "Gold is mostly fake, but nobody knows that; have fun scamming people, love Grandpa." Crazy as it sounds, I think it more plausible that he somehow actually got his hands on gold he wasn't supposed to find - gold which would have been out of the usual channels and thus unaccounted-for - than to purchase accounted-for wealth over time to fill in a "gold" stockpile he already had.
What if he wants to set up one of the servants as the next head, and that gold is supposed to be one mark of that headship? After all, they'd need all the help they could get to stop the siblings from scheming against them. Of course, the siblings would test the value of all the gold, especially after the rumors of trickery from the first set. That's the kind of trick that could never work twice.

Also, if he's trying to truly pass the headship on to "Beatrice's successor", that gold is the ultimate symbol for doing so. He created that old story, I think, because he wanted to credit Beatrice for his success, not his wife or his family. Proving that the gold really exists would be the final touch on the illusion that he's spent most of his life creating.

Closed Thread