AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-25, 10:40   Link #1941
Zuul

I would like to see more of Zessica's abilities. She is the one girl they use the most so I think neo Deava values her a lot.

It won't surprized me if she becomes Altea's #1 target. Especially since Yunoha is too young for breeding and I don't see Altea delaying their revival plan.

I also like Kagura better than Amata. His unique personnality, and uber underdog statut won me over.

Espsecially his underdog statut. Everything is going against is matrimonial plans :
Altea
Vega
The main character
The girl he is pursuing is terrified of him
He's lacking the vocabulary and social grace to convey his feelings in a non creepy socially acceptable way.
her pet hates him (even if Shushu is too much of a little coward to act on it)
I'm pretty sure Cayenne already hates him as well (based on his vision)
The girl lives in another dimension and taking her with him could kill her.
His only support is Mikage of all person, and at the moment he's just NTR torturing him, not helping at all.

How could I not support him while the poor guy is going though so much crap and adversity.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 10:45   Link #1942
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

D'aaww~

Best/Worst thing is - it can happen.
Old 2012-02-25, 11:05   Link #1943
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
D'aaww~

Best/Worst thing is - it can happen.
I was going to post that too XD
That was adorable, but we all know Amata is going to ruin the moment shortly after the kiss XD

Another fan arts :3
Old 2012-02-25, 11:13   Link #1944
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
I was going to post that too XD
That was adorable, but we all know Amata is going to ruin the moment shortly after the kiss XD
Muhaahahahaahaha

my caption would be, "T-minus 3....2.....1...."

Hn, a parody of Aquarion and Eureka 7 with Renton=Amata and Eureka=Mikono and/or Zessica...
Old 2012-02-25, 11:19   Link #1945
kuromitsu

(So, er, who do we need to ask to create an "Aquarion Evol: Shippers Here" topic?
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 11:45   Link #1946
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I would like to see more of Zessica's abilities. She is the one girl they use the most so I think neo Deava values her a lot.

It won't surprized me if she becomes Altea's #1 target. Especially since Yunoha is too young for breeding and I don't see Altea delaying their revival plan.
I think the whole thing with Zessica's powers (aside from that one showing in the first episode) is that it is a passive, works with everything type of ability. Its not like Shrade's and Yunoha's to be very powerful with either a great cost or situational favoritism/bias, but is a simple *makes the mechas stronger* which is always good. Cayenne has been used quite frequently too but his ability isn't exactly the most battle useful and he's still in about as many gattai/vectors as Zessica.

Mikono is plot-wise structured to be Altair's target as she's already Mykage's target and Fudo's fairly keen on using her. Yunoha's the only one that's been especially mentioned because of her powers. The rest of the cast has been more or less off the radar for Altair. I'm not sure where the writers would pull *Zessica is super powerful* all of a sudden to make her Altair's #1 target but, as it is right now, I'd find it a pretty exuberant stretch of the imagination.
Old 2012-02-25, 11:47   Link #1947
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
(So, er, who do we need to ask to create an "Aquarion Evol: Shippers Here" topic?
(So, er, who do we need to ask to create an "Aquarion Evol: Previous Season Mumbo Jumbo" topic?

As for zess amata picture, I wonder what guy would do in Bed. All that comes to mind is Townsville superman series and flying bed scene.
Old 2012-02-25, 11:56   Link #1948
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I think the whole thing with Zessica's powers (aside from that one showing in the first episode) is that it is a passive, works with everything type of ability. Its not like Shrade's and Yunoha's to be very powerful with either a great cost or situational favoritism/bias, but is a simple *makes the mechas stronger* which is always good. Cayenne has been used quite frequently too but his ability isn't exactly the most battle useful and he's still in about as many gattai/vectors as Zessica.

Mikono is plot-wise structured to be Altair's target as she's already Mykage's target and Fudo's fairly keen on using her. Yunoha's the only one that's been especially mentioned because of her powers. The rest of the cast has been more or less off the radar for Altair. I'm not sure where the writers would pull *Zessica is super powerful* all of a sudden to make her Altair's #1 target but, as it is right now, I'd find it a pretty exuberant stretch of the imagination.
Fudou, like Mikage, is aware of more thing than the rest. However Izumo and co are not as well informed and for most people in the academy including herself Mikono is nothing special.

Of course, plot wise it would make more sense for them to go after Mikono (another obstacle for Kagura ), but so far Mikono has not demonstrated anything that could make people think she's the strongest reagler.
Old 2012-02-25, 11:58   Link #1949
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
(So, er, who do we need to ask to create an "Aquarion Evol: Previous Season Mumbo Jumbo" topic?
That would be great, too, though that mumbo-jmbo tends to be connected to shipping, so... It's just that I'm more annoyed by the shipping "discussions." (Not that I'm against shipping or anything, I have ships as well - but shipping debates have a tendency to be poisonous and I personally find them annoying.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 11:59   Link #1950
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
That would be great, too, though that mumbo-jmbo tends to be connected to shipping, so... It's just that I'm more annoyed by the shipping "discussions." (Not that I'm against shipping or anything, I have ships as well - but shipping debates tend to be poisonous and I personally find them annoying.)
As far as I'm not into all the shipping wars, I also dislike all the essays on previous season. All discussion in this thread is about who is what soul and all that stuff.
But I can just ignore that posts and so can you ignore any you don't like.
Old 2012-02-25, 12:05   Link #1951
Zuul

Can someone translate it. It seems hillarious.
Spoiler for for size:
Old 2012-02-25, 12:06   Link #1952
miketyson

How consistent was the original about element powers translating into Aquarion's attacks? Because I *can* completely buy Zessica's ability being the generic "makes everything stronger" ability, but if that's the case we might have to explain where the buddha hand actually came from...unless it's just "Aquarion magic" that doesn't need explaining. So: how consistent were they?

FWIW: I came up with my "Shu-shu is Mikono's element ability" theory by trying to think of a way the writers could introduce Mikono's super-powerful elemental ability without it seeming to come out of nowhere. If her underlying ability is some kind of projection or manifestation -- a nice complement to Cayenne's, if you think about it -- then she could be unconsciously running it 24/7 to create Shu-shu (the same way Yunoha runs hers all the time). It'd be a hilarious troll but'd also mean that her power would've been hinted at the entire show. (As a bonus, it might've been Mikono who manifested that buddha palm, boosted by Zessica).
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 12:06   Link #1953
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Fudou, like Mikage, is aware of more thing than the rest. However Izumo and co are not as well informed and for most people in the academy including herself Mikono is nothing special.

Of course, plot wise it would make more sense for them to go after Mikono (another obstacle for Kagura ), but so far Mikono has not demonstrated anything that could make her the strongest reagler.
While its true that Fudo and Mykage know more than the rest and that Mikono is currently an unknown of sorts, the rest of our cast have pretty clear cut abilities (mostly, and a few still to be developed outliers) so to start giving them more powers would be a bit of a contrivance of writing. Which is why I've been keen on noting that Yunoha and Mikono are the only elements to have been mentioned, and the later focused on, at all by Altair aside from the usual mumbo-jumbo of "We need the most powerful Reiglar to be our eve!" As they did with Yunoha and probably will with Mix next episode, if they were going to showcase new Zessica powers, they'd have done it this last episode but they didn't. Her power is some loosely defined "force" and it hasn't drawn any particular attention aside from female -> element -> reiglar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
How consistent was the original about element powers translating into Aquarion's attacks? Because I *can* completely buy Zessica's ability being the generic "makes everything stronger" ability, but if that's the case we might have to explain where the buddha hand actually came from...unless it's just "Aquarion magic" that doesn't need explaining. So: how consistent were they?
That one's still a mystery but the ability seemed expected from her (and Neo-Daeva) just not the magnitude with which it was released to almost level a mountain. I think her ability is better phrased as *Force* and it can manifest as giant force carriers (hands or manifestations of how one would apply a force), or it can simply empower mechas to be stronger.
Old 2012-02-25, 12:16   Link #1954
Zuul

Quote:
While its true that Fudo and Mykage know more than the rest and that Mikono is currently an unknown of sorts, the rest of our cast have pretty clear cut abilities (mostly, and a few still to be developed outliers) so to start giving them more powers would be a bit of a contrivance of writing. Which is why I've been keen on noting that Yunoha and Mikono are the only elements to have been mentioned, and the later focused on, at all by Altair aside from the usual mumbo-jumbo of "We need the most powerful Reiglar to be our eve!" As they did with Yunoha and probably will with Mix next episode, if they were going to showcase new Zessica powers, they'd have done it this last episode but they didn't. Her power is some loosely defined "force" and it hasn't drawn any particular attention aside from female -> element -> reiglar.
Now it's all up to the manner Altair is going to evaluate the reaiglers strength. If they go by the global feelng in neo deava if they indeed infiltrate it, I don't see them considering Mikono as being one of the most likely Eve candidate. But they have probabely their own evaluation devices.

If not that I wanted Zessica to get a massive power-up I just wanted her ability to be made crystal clear.
Old 2012-02-25, 12:17   Link #1955
miketyson

Quote:
That one's still a mystery but the ability seemed expected from her (and Neo-Daeva) just not the magnitude with which it was released to almost level a mountain. I think her ability is better phrased as *Force* and it can manifest as giant force carriers (hands or manifestations of how one would apply a force), or it can simply empower mechas to be stronger.
The lack of surprise is a very good point and the "force" angle certainly fits everything we've seen.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 15:52   Link #1956
Thess

Speaking of Kagura, should we rule out Apollo clone theory? If they could clone, wouldn't that solve their extinction problem?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 16:07   Link #1957
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Speaking of Kagura, should we rule out Apollo clone theory? If they could clone, wouldn't that solve their extinction problem?
Probabely. But there is also the fact most of them seem depressed to live in a world without women.
Old 2012-02-25, 16:30   Link #1958
Thess

Quote:
Probabely. But there is also the fact most of them seem depressed to live in a world without women.
They could have cloned the women... find out what's wrong with the disease that affected them.

Depression wasn't the issue quoted, but extinction. If they could clone a guy who lived 12000 years ago, then this wouldn't be a problem at all.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-02-25, 16:36   Link #1959
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
I'm nice but I am not that nice. I don't multiship .... it's my pairings or gtfo.

Who said I hate AmataxMikono? It's quite the contrary...I don't feel anything for them.NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH...
So I'm not shipping it until I see a definite sign they are my beloved pairing--I will still feel lukewarm but I will sorta ship them just because. I just don't think so atm

I hate a lot pairings but that doesn't mean I won't get them in a vector or render, especially if I have a few friends that like them. There is only ONE pairing that I wouldn't do that for...EVER.

I don't multiship so I am not going to support both sides but I don't hate them

Okay since no one wants anything. I won't get because I care about my own happiness first so it means. I will concentrate on the characters and pairs I like best. Zessica and Amata, Kagura and Mikono, Andy and Mix and Cayenne and Shrade, and Sezanka (that girl understands the heart of Fujioshi so it's impossible not to love her) ....

I really like Amata, I just prefer Kagura because...well he's hotter and he's just like Apollo. (That and I have fantasies of him licking Mikono all over) The thing is Shuu (Guilty Crown) and Shion (ShionxNezumi ) are both just like Amata, so it's like I've seen this character too many times--so he's not my fave in Aquarion but I like him a lot. Mikono...not so much. I'm just tolerating her for my ship...(and I really liked Silvia--pity)
Well, I'm saying show that you are still open to another ship if something should change. I supported both ships in Frontier until I chose to side with Ranka. Do you see what I'm saying.

I never said you hate them. Read that back:
Quote:
since we have no reason to hate either side of the triangle yet.
Not directly pointed at you. It's directed at anyone and everyone. I did not specify you. So you kinda too that out of proportion.

I agree that Kagura is the hottest guy in the show. But I am so far looking for any proof that Kagura and Mikono are Apollonius and Celienne. For one, they've spent at most five (maybe less) minutes on the screen with very little communication. So far, there is very little evidence that they are the reincarnations. I'm not dismissing your theory but waiting for more proof. I'm sure you are too. So let's call this truce, okay?

Right now, I am supporting multiple couples: Andy/Mix, Cayenne/Sezanka/Shrade, Amata/Mikono, Kagura/Mikono, Amata/Zessica, and Kagura/Zessica.

I am warming up to Amata and Zessica because they are getting more screen time to show some hints at their relationship developing. But if it turns out that Zessica is Celienne (or part of her) and Amata is not Apollonius, then that poses a problem to all our theories. If Amata and Mikono are the reincarnations, then that poses a problem for Zessica. No matter whom is the reincarnations in this Aquarion, someone is bound to get hurt.

The sad part is, only ships that are obvious can be shipped so far. However, shipping the main characters in this show won't work until we discover whom are the reincarnations of our favorite lovers. Even then, it might be impossible.

The fact is, you can't ship Aquarion couples due to the fact Apollonius and Celienne exist (at least not within the main characters).
Old 2012-02-25, 17:08   Link #1960
Thess

PFF. There is only ONE OTP in EVOL so far:

Spoiler for and the animators know it:

The rest is harem.

Okay, MIX and Andy may become the another steady one.

Tags
comedy, science fiction