AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-19, 11:09   Link #101
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What exactly makes you think, that those locations are in the first half of the grand line, and not on the second? IMHO there was absolutely nothing, which could tell us in which part of the grand line those islands are at all.

I don't think, that the new world is much harder than the rest of the grand line. Wasn't it said, that it's mainly unexplored territorium? If so, then there shouldn't even be much marine presence.
No marine = not safe, not safe = dangerous. Dangerous because it has the 4 Yonkou who still can't reach/find Raftel because that place is that tough to get through.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 11:28   Link #102
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What exactly makes you think, that those locations are in the first half of the grand line, and not on the second? IMHO there was absolutely nothing, which could tell us in which part of the grand line those islands are at all.

I don't think, that the new world is much harder than the rest of the grand line. Wasn't it said, that it's mainly unexplored territorium? If so, then there shouldn't even be much marine presence.

The New World has been built up for quite a while as being the ultimate obstacle for any pirates who aim to become the Pirate King to overcome. Remember how Moria talks about how the New World would be a nightmare for Luffy's crew? I also recall Sentoumaru mentioning that the pirates enslaved by the World Nobles wouldn't make it in the New World, either. So far, only the Supernovas are the only ones who have the potential to tackle the New World, and yet we saw how many of them had a rough time against Kizaru and the Pacifistas. And of course, we have to take the Yonkou and any other powerful pirates into consideration, as well. It's definitely implied that the New World is no joke.....

Plus, just having Kuma send any Straw-Hats to the New World with his power would eliminate the experience of the whole crew travelling there on their own. I mean, are we just going to skip Merman Island despite all the build-up it had!?

Oh, and speaking of the other pirates of the New World, according to a translation of the Sengoku scene, the marines reported that there was "unusual activity" amongst various other pirates of the New World, as well. Maybe this means that it won't just be Whitebeard's crew that's going to war...?

Edit: Just read a full translation. So it turns out that Balzimoa is a "future kingdom", and it seems to be THE "mecha island", so that further increases the chances that it's the home of Vegapunk and Tsukimi. The old guy at the sky island had some device called a "wind knot" that can create light breezes to squalles when untied. And Sanji... ended up on an okama island, all right because "Kamabakka"= full of transvestites. I especially love Sanji's last line (As for me, I'm currently in Hell"). Hope we get to at least see Zoro and Usopp next chapter!

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-11-19 at 11:51.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 11:48   Link #103
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The New World has been built up for quite a while as being the ultimate obstacle for any pirates who aim to become the Pirate King to overcome. Remember how Moria talks about how the New World would be a nightmare for Luffy's crew? I also recall Sentoumaru mentioning that the pirates enslaved by the World Nobles wouldn't make it in the New World, either. So far, only the Supernovas are the only ones who have the potential to tackle the New World, and yet we saw how many of them had a rough time against Kizaru and the Pacifistas. And of course, we have to take the Yonkou and any other powerful pirates into consideration, as well. It's definitely implied that the New World is no joke.....

Plus, just having Kuma send any Straw-Hats to the New World with his power would eliminate the experience of the whole crew travelling there on their own. I mean, are we just going to skip Merman Island despite all the build-up it had!?

Oh, and speaking of the other pirates of the New World, according to a translation of the Sengoku scene, the marines reported that there was "unusual activity" amongst various other pirates of the New World, as well. Maybe this means that it won't just be Whitebeard's crew that's going to war...?
Well it's not like he's going to conquer the new world by himself, he's only going to be there for three days perhaps to train and is going right back to where he was. And besides Wano country is a place known for swordsmanship and Zoro said that he wanted to go there, that fits with the whole "if you had to go on a trip..." thing that Kuma does. At this point, I couldn't think of a better place for Zoro to go to other than Wano Country. The only other place I could offer as an alternative, is back to his master so he can teach him more techniques, but I doubt that.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 12:39   Link #104
seiji_kun

What about Kuma telling Rayleigh he teleported Zoro somewhere close and he gets solo lessons from the former right hand & first mate of the former PK. Everyone views him as the first mate anyway so it would be cool to see Rayleigh giving him some lessons and advice.
But I doubt it.

Of to reading the new chap now, just downloaded it myself. Wednesday release, how epic can it get.
Old 2008-11-19, 12:42   Link #105
Rainbowman

Quote:
Yowza! Early chapter release!? Thank you very much!

So yeah, that Zoro part was fake after all (but I bet this will mean that he'll have actually ended up on an even wierder island). I also kinda like how Hancock was being a bitch again early in the chapter, even if it was pretty much an act (kicking cute little puppies and baby seals? ZOMG). I also notice that old Nyon (nearly) fell for her charms again, and Luffy was quite an..... "influence" on the Kuja women. Well, if Sengoku confirmed that Hancock is powerful, then we should definitely see her "mad Haki skillz" during the Impel Down arc....

One thing I found particularly interesting is that according to the marines who reported to Sengoku, Jinbei is against the upcoming Whitebeard war, is imprisoned, and is even willing to give up his Shichibukai title. So I guess this means that Jinbei is at Impel Down, as well. If he's against the war, does this mean that there's a chance that he too may end up being Luffy's ally, rather than an enemy....?

So, about the other Straw-Hats: Looks like Weatheria uses some interesting technology (was that rope thing some form of Dial?), so yep, Nami getting a power-up is guaranteed. At Balzimoa, we see Franky out in the cold (obviously, he's too super to bother bundling up ), and seems to... get attacked by some kind of cyborg dog? Then for some reason the residents of the island pose along with him (heh). And as for Sanji.... well, we already knew the deal with that.

Anyways, some of the more interesting pics:

Spoiler:

Great, great, chapter, this.

Edit: Oh, and lol at Luffy calling Hancock "Hanmock".
Spoiler:
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 12:46   Link #106
fireportgas

I didn't read the posts so I'm not sure if someone mentioned it but I have an EXTREMELY bad feeling that Sanji will become an okama to be able to fight with women...If that happens I'll stop watching One Piece right now...
fireportgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 13:32   Link #107
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
What about Kuma telling Rayleigh he teleported Zoro somewhere close and he gets solo lessons from the former right hand & first mate of the former PK. Everyone views him as the first mate anyway so it would be cool to see Rayleigh giving him some lessons and advice.
But I doubt it.

Of to reading the new chap now, just downloaded it myself. Wednesday release, how epic can it get.
There's no such thing as secret training, taking up a master to become stronger and stuff in One Piece. Oda does not want to follow up this extremely cliche path for powering up characters. Neither does he pull out powerups from nowhere for a character to become extremely strong suddenly.

He power up characters by letting them think up ways, tactics and sheer will and determination to outdo their opponents in battle itself. He lets characters powerup while they are fighting.

In gaming terms, he don't let his characters farm or train, instead he just let the characters battle along the story and they'll power up themselves with the experience they get.

@fireportgas, don't worry, that will not happen.

Old 2008-11-19, 13:46   Link #108
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Edit: Oh, and lol at Luffy calling Hancock "Hanmock".
Does anyone know what the conversation between Nyon and Hancock is about? It seems to be important concerning the "fatal disease?"

Also does Hancock ever say to her kingdom that she will be returning to her island?

Thanks
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 13:53   Link #109
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Does anyone know what the conversation between Nyon and Hancock is about? It seems to be important concerning the "fatal disease?"

Also does Hancock ever say to her kingdom that she will be returning to her island?

Thanks
Hancock: Why did I listen to Luffy so easily without hesitating and refusing!? To go to the headquaters... but I don't feel bad at all...!!

Nyon: This is LOVE!! When you don't get to see him and keep thinking of him, you'll become weak and even die!

Nyon: The previous empresses supressed their feelings and destroyed themselves in the process. If you go with him, you will be saved.

The rest is about thinking what would happen if she goes to the headquaters and what may happen to the country with her around.

Old 2008-11-19, 13:54   Link #110
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Hancock: Why did I listen to Luffy so easily without hesitating and refusing!? To go to the headquaters... but I don't feel bad at all...!!

Nyon: This is LOVE!! When you don't get to see him and keep thinking of him, you'll become weak and even die!

Nyon: The previous empresses supressed their feelings and destroyed themselves in the process. If you go with him, you will be saved.

The rest is about thinking what would happen if she goes to the headquaters and what may happen to the country with her around.
Thanks!

Hancock may be joining the SH crew!!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 13:56   Link #111
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Maybe, unless she suddenly stop loving Luffy anymore lol

And also my last part should be 'what may happen to the country without her around.'

Old 2008-11-19, 13:58   Link #112
Umaibo

Anyway, much like I predicted, there is a great probability that at least some of the supernovas were captured. After all, there was an admiral and craploads of PX's on the island. I mean, Kizaru captured 500 pirates on Shabondy. That is just how powerful an admiral is. Trafalgar and Kidd are, more or less, small fries to him. I don't know. I think the chances of them being captured is likely.

I completely forgot about Garp. I guess it is possible that he can rescue Ace, but somehow, I highly doubt that he will.

As for the other Strawhat members, I really have no comment. I have absolutely no idea what will happen. I guess the most probable outcome is that they will somehow get to Impel Down? Who knows.
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 13:58   Link #113
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Well it's not like he's going to conquer the new world by himself, he's only going to be there for three days perhaps to train and is going right back to where he was. And besides Wano country is a place known for swordsmanship and Zoro said that he wanted to go there, that fits with the whole "if you had to go on a trip..." thing that Kuma does. At this point, I couldn't think of a better place for Zoro to go to other than Wano Country. The only other place I could offer as an alternative, is back to his master so he can teach him more techniques, but I doubt that.

You really think it would make sense for any of the Straw-Hats to go to the New World, go back to the Grand Line's first half, then backtrack to the New World again? Plus, if any of them WERE sent to the New World, they would risk running into a pissed off Whitebeard (or any of the other powerful pirates lurking there) and getting squashed like the proverbial ants they currently are. I'm not seeing the logic in any of them being magically warped to the New World by Kuma's wacky paw powers. It's more likely at this point that Zoro was sent to some bizarre location in the GL's first half like the various crewmembers we've seen so far....
Old 2008-11-19, 14:02   Link #114
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
Anyway, much like I predicted, there is a great probability that at least some of the supernovas were captured. After all, there was an admiral and craploads of PX's on the island. I mean, Kizaru captured 500 pirates on Shabondy. That is just how powerful an admiral is. Trafalgar and Kidd are, more or less, small fries to him. I don't know. I think the chances of them being captured is likely.

I completely forgot about Garp. I guess it is possible that he can rescue Ace, but somehow, I highly doubt that he will.

As for the other Strawhat members, I really have no comment. I have absolutely no idea what will happen. I guess the most probable outcome is that they will somehow get to Impel Down? Who knows.
Just like to comment on the 500 pirates, my first thought when I read the manga:

500 pirates, if their average bounty is 10 million, Kizaru just became 5 billion richer.

Garp seems to be showing real care to Ace and had a face of grief as he looked upon him. He said: 'Are you still alive?... Ace...'

I believe the Strawhats will be meeting at Impel Down as well.

Old 2008-11-19, 14:04   Link #115
Rainbowman

Aside on what happened with Robin, Chopper, Zoro, Usopp, and Brook (and possibly PX1) what are the chances that Admiral Akainu will be at Impel Down with Sengoku and Garp in the next chapter?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 14:06   Link #116
seiji_kun

This war seems to be escalating, Luffy will invade Impel Down. He's got Boa on his side and Jinbei is going mad. A man is almost going to think WB is going to win when you hear they are other pirates on the move from the New World to and looking at the shichibukais affairs.

Moria got his ass beaten recently and waisted all his shadows on Luffy so not like he's much help. Kuma is suspicious as hell, Mihawk is crazy enough to leave the battlefield during the fight. Everyone is wondering why he's even a shichibukai beeing just a swordsman. Only Don Flamingo & Blackbeard are serious but they do seem two of the most fiercest shichibukai. I'm expecting Don Flamingo to have some great subordinates.

And then Garp, who went out without even saying anything against Sengoku. But that's just like Luffy, I'm not going to look to much into it. Probably just wanted to see Ace. Luffy is going to meet Garp & Jinbei at Impel Down?
Old 2008-11-19, 14:07   Link #117
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Well hold on, Whitebeard and Luffy coming to the same place... What if Blackbeard is there?! What if this is it?! What if this will be the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny... you know, with the good guys and the bad guys.... and explosions. But anyway... Yeah you never know..
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 14:07   Link #118
kittybear

Now still start becoming more interesting. Man Ace looks like a train wreck. I hope luffy trains or try to use his haki during his time with hancock.
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 14:10   Link #119
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Aside on what happened with Robin, Chopper, Zoro, Usopp, and Brook (and possibly PX1) what are the chances that Admiral Akainu will be at Impel Down with Sengoku and Garp in the next chapter?

I actually speculated a while back that Akainu would be the warden of Impel Down. I think it would be quite fitting for someone like him, who so strongly believes in "absolute justice"....

Oh, and.... does anyone still think that Kidd and Law's crews may have ran into the REAL Kuma at Sabaody? If that's the case, then they probably got paw'd by him, too. Either that, or they're sitting in some dark cell at Impel Down, as well. I guess it can be pretty much guaranteed that Apoo, Drake, Hawkins and Urouge are held there, as well....
Old 2008-11-19, 14:11   Link #120
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
Well hold on, Whitebeard and Luffy coming to the same place... What if Blackbeard is there?! What if this is it?! What if this will be the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny... you know, with the good guys and the bad guys.... and explosions. But anyway... Yeah you never know..
Sengoku said that 6 out of 7 Shichibukai are there, except Jinbei.

Meaning Blackbeard is there as well, he has replaced Crocodile. And even Moria after his defeat has turned up.

Oh maybe its even bigger news to hear that Mihawk and Doflamingo are there as well.

This is from page 10, bottom frame.