AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-21, 00:51   Link #21
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Well we all should have been expecting this, yet it's still somehow a surprise. I'm not sure if I like the idea of a new character, especially one that's just being added because the anime director wants one unlike the current characters...
Trying to change the feel of a series is never a good idea. Usually that's something that's only done to boost low ratings, but I don't think Naruto suffers from that. Changing things for the sake of change is never a good thing.
Edit: They should add Osaka as the new character. They could make up something about her being away, guarding Chiyo-chan during high school. After all Osaka did show up after chiyo, and she did point out how easy it would be for Chiyo to be kidnapped... You know there has to be more to Osaka than it seemed in Azumanga...

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2004-05-21 at 01:02.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 01:00   Link #22
Kouji
StrykerX

You should tell that to 4Kids. Because they always change the original animes and screw them up, adding less than stellar acting (compared to Bandai, VIZ & ADV Films), compared to those companies, 4Kids' a joke. But who knows, maybe this new change might be a good thing. You just need to give it time.
Old 2004-05-21, 01:10   Link #23
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
You should tell that to 4Kids. Because they always change the original animes and screw them up, adding less than stellar acting (compared to Bandai, VIZ & ADV Films), compared to those companies, 4Kids' a joke. But who knows, maybe this new change might be a good thing. You just need to give it time.
4kids knows, they just don't care. Companies like adv, bandai, and even funimation want to please the fans, as that is their main market and they know it. But a company like 4kids doesn't give a damn about pleasing the fans, they just take things, throw it in a meat grinder and turn the handle until they have something that can be sold to a mass market. So far most of the shows they've got are basicly glorified toy commercials *cough*pokemon*cough*, so it doesn't matter too much, but they have started branching out into real anime series. Hopefully they wake up and realize where their biggest potential market is, before 4kids gets their hands on something decent...
Old 2004-05-21, 01:15   Link #24
Kouji
StrykerX

Hopefully it won't be this anime, because due to the harsh and tragic events that transpire within the episodes. But S.U (Sasuke Uchiha), I'll take your word for it and try the June issue of NT USA (and see that if it's all cracked up to be).
Old 2004-05-21, 11:13   Link #25
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Arg.

I fear the apparition of a JarJar Binks-like character -_-

99,9% of the filler arc added by the anime team for whatever animes suck terribly.

Imagine the special episode 'Find the crimson whatever' but extended during months
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 11:19   Link #26
Kouji
StrykerX

You have a point there. But, I guess this' like 50/50 which could go either way (bad or good). Though hopefully it will be good. And I hope the character isn't like Jar Jar Binks *laughs*
Old 2004-05-21, 11:28   Link #27
Xikius
JTHM ~> Z?

Send a message via AIM to Xikius
reply to the 4kids conversation:
Ctrl-Alt-Del Comic of greatness

as for the new character and story arc; look what happened to Kenshin. that anime RULED until the christian and magical story arcs... i'm really hoping this filler arc does not kill all the joy i have toward the naruto series.

oh, and something else to be miffed about: a filler arc between the tsunade arc and the following arc will
Spoiler:

point being, i'd rather have a seasonal break than risk the chance of messing up the series. a filler arc cannot have the character development and emotion the manga arcs have, since that would change the main storyline of the series. no character develpment or emotion in a story = no good. that's mostly what naruto is about.

Last edited by Xikius; 2004-05-21 at 13:35.
Xikius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 12:29   Link #28
Lazy Shikamaru

hey guys, is there pictures of this guy on the magazine? if so, i'm gonna go buy it.
Lazy Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 13:20   Link #29
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Arg.
I fear the apparition of a JarJar Binks-like character -_-

99,9% of the filler arc added by the anime team for whatever animes suck terribly.

Imagine the special episode 'Find the crimson whatever' but extended during months
nouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu *flops over dead*

*small reindeer leaning over me with smelling salts---runs away*

Have these "true filler arcs" ever been successul??
With all the cool action coming up, I can't see making everyone wait

The other thing is that there are several other great characters already in naruto that could of been used instead for a "filler story".

How about a story arc on Ramen Girl and what she does when she's not making ramen

or

Hinata's dad, like does she have a mom, or what? More Hyuuga clan stuff would be fun!

or

A story on a young warrior nin from the Hidden Mountain of Mystical bunnies that fight with only spoons
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 19:16   Link #30
ubdevoid

Haha, i'm just reading this mag, I bought it when I went shopping in town, I wasn't expecting to get it in the UK. But it has some cool posters in it, It seems pretty big.
So if I can get it I'm sure the rest of you can.
ubdevoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 00:39   Link #31
Rasho
Go-Pro

Plz forgive me if this has already been posted before,i couldnt' be bothered to read the posts in front(*as usual*).

I was wondering if any could find any pics on this new character?
It would be really great if you could,

Spoiler:
Rasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 15:14   Link #32
Karala

As far as I'm concerned, most any anime that strays from the original manga turns up horribly, one that comes to mind is Kenshin. Way to ruin a great series... I'd rather they, if need be, not release episodes of a period of time so they can remain faithful to the true story.

While I don't mind some creative adaptation from a manga... when it comes down to it and I compare the arcs that are not releated to the manga, the fillers, like in Inuyasha, while at first are fine slowly detract from the over-all feel of the series because for a while the whole series takes on no purpose.... and can kill the series.

An OC is something I definitely don't want to see.
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 15:42   Link #33
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Shikamaru
hey guys, is there pictures of this guy on the magazine? if so, i'm gonna go buy it.

No, there were no picture of him in the article. If they do add this new character, the series is doomed. Try to think what happened to the Rurounin Kenshin series. After the Shishio Saga, the serie went down the drain and the worst part is that they still haven't done the Enishi Saga which is the best part. Those director haven't learned from their past mistake and continue ruining series and the fans expectations. Not only that, but this also demostrate that the directosr has no respect for the creators and his legions of fan. Without the fans, they would have nothing. Everytime that a director mess with the creator original masterpiece it loses it charm and the connection one had with the series.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 15:56   Link #34
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
If they do add this new character, the series is doomed.
I don't believe is is true. They could suprise you and make a decent character and filler arc. You never know. Always be optimistic. Yes I know that odds are it wont be amazing but hey, gotta live with what they give us. Might as well make the best out of it. New character could even turn out pretty cool/funny. It sounds like an interesting character so I am hopeful.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 16:00   Link #35
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Quote:
Everytime that a director mess with the creator original masterpiece it loses it charm and the connection one had with the series.
Amen, my brother. Amen.

I will hate it if they don't stay true to the manga.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 16:12   Link #36
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

You people all need to relax.

The fact of the matter is, if the don't deviate from the manga they will catch up to the manga. When they catch up to it they will start spout filler episodes left, right and center as they try to stall for more manga material. This will kill the series, literally.

Quote:
Try to think what happened to the Rurounin Kenshin series. After the Shishio Saga, the serie went down the drain and the worst part is that they still haven't done the Enishi Saga which is the best part. Those director haven't learned from their past mistake and continue ruining series and the fans expectations. Not only that, but this also demostrate that the directosr has no respect for the creators and his legions of fan. Without the fans, they would have nothing. Everytime that a director mess with the creator original masterpiece it loses it charm and the connection one had with the series.
You want to compare what might happen to Naruto to what happened to Kenshin? Fine, but first a mild history lesson. The Rurouni Kenshin manga ran from September 1994 through to November 1999. The Rurouni Kenshin television series ran from January 1996 through to September 1998. Fact is the television series ended long before the Jinchu saga and the manga did. The horrible treatment you complain the television series suffered was because they tried to drag it out with filler until the manga gained some ground or ended. This is what will happen to Naruto if they do not deviate now. Staying completely faithful to the manga is foolish in this instance, you might not like it but if the television series is to continue it must happen.

Personally, I prefer it when the television series deviates from the manga. A series becomes very boring very fast if it follows the manga page for page. Look at the Full Metal Alchemist series, it's deviated from the manga and is still very good. Point is, deviation is necessary for the television series to continue. If you're going to compare it to something, do it to a series that failed because it deviated from a completed manga series.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 17:02   Link #37
Zek
Eyebrows...

At first I thought this was a bad idea but I'm rethinking that now. Obviously we all know that filler will be necessary eventually unless they're simply to stop the series when they catch up to the manga. If they put it off until they're very close to the manga then they'll have no choice but to make the filler arc very long while the manga gets a head start again. This way they can do smaller arcs that don't distract too much from the main story rather than one huge one that could ruin the series' support like with Kenshin.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 20:18   Link #38
Blazing420

Only thing that sucks is the main characters cant grow any through the filler arc(s) like obtaining new jutsu's etc without really screwing up the manga pace. This holds especially true for Naruto since he only has about 3 useful jutsus as it is that he uses.
Blazing420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 20:53   Link #39
LeafNinja

I wish Pierrot and Kishimoto could have worked closely on this type of thing. At least have Kishimoto allow them to kill characters he won't further use in the manga again. i.e. allow the anime to kill off some of the minor Jounin and Chuunin characters.

Maybe it is my fanboy nature, but if I was a creator of a property like Naruto I think I would make my series in such a way as to make the other forms of the property fit it to the main storyline.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote