AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 146 81.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 15.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 1.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-30, 06:05   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Steins;Gate - Episode 22 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Steins;Gate, Episode 22.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-08-30, 13:36   Link #2
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

oh man...I cried.
but we really need the BD episode because that earthquake alarm
- very touching episode
- not really like how they draw kurisu's face. It's weird
- and they played the ED just like the game

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!

Last edited by gecd; 2011-08-30 at 13:49.
Old 2011-08-30, 14:05   Link #3
Raiga
tl;dr

Man I haven't reacted so strongly to every episode of an anime since Gurren Lagann. Just when I was wondering how this was going to play out after this obvious false conclusion (two more episodes for just an epilogue? Everything reset to how it was in the beginning? No way...) all of a sudden the ED starts breaking up and then...

MIND BLOWN.

And of course OkabexKurisu = SO DAMN CUTE.
Old 2011-08-30, 14:45   Link #4
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Umm....WOW!

I'm just speechless...

I haven't seen such a great anime episode in a long time...
Old 2011-08-30, 14:49   Link #5
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The first episode I have rated a 10 for years. And rightfully so, everything worked out in my eyes, ears and heart. From the wonderful performances of Mamoru Miyano and Asami Imai (someone please give them fucking awards for their performances), the character chemistry that is one of the strongest selling points of steins,gate, the pacing to the post credits scene that left me full of FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

To hell with logic, and critical thinking, this is 10/10 on emotional value mostly. If Asuki had award for individual episodes, steins;gate episode 22 would have been a strong challenger.
Old 2011-08-30, 14:52   Link #6
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Fantastic episode. That's all.

...really... at the part after the ending theme.. Poor Okabe...it's to be expected but still..

Edit: Forgot to mention that it isn't a bad thing. This calls for Charlie timeline!

Last edited by Kopi; 2011-08-30 at 15:19.
Old 2011-08-30, 14:58   Link #7
LKK

I've been holding back giving any episode a 10 rating just in case a better episode came along.

A better episode just came along.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2011-08-30, 14:58   Link #8
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
the character chemistry that is one of the strongest selling points of steins,gate
It's been a long time since I've seen two people more perfect for each other...
Old 2011-08-30, 15:07   Link #9
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
I'm not usually a shipping person, but there is no doubt in my mind that Okabe and Kurisu is what one would call OTP, the one true pairing. Hell, if I play the VN, I probably wouldn't bother playing other routes than her, and not because I don't like any of the other girls. I've shipped them from the beginning, but if there's an episode that shows how perfect they are for each other, it's this one.

As far as plot goes, this episode didn't go far, but for character development, and relationship development...boy, it got aplenty. Great writing and excellent performances from their VA as well to carry all the pain and love in their sentences. And what makes it perfect is that it doesn't come from nowhere - all the other episodes has been building it up to here, capped with a glorious kiss. Call me a romantic, but I love it when things go like this - when love and happy endings has to be earned by going through hell, it only makes it sweeter when you finally get it.

Although, by the end of the episode it might not be all that happy an ending after all...or is it? For those who missed it, unlike other episodes be sure to watch the ED all the way to the end, there's crucial information given at the end. Something huge, something important, and most importantly, something that gives us hope that things may still be able to change after all, and a change for the better.
Old 2011-08-30, 15:13   Link #10
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
My heart. My heart, it feels a great pain. Gah.

This is how you write a romance, dear God. That is all.
Old 2011-08-30, 15:13   Link #11
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Very emotional episode. Probably the best one. 10/10

We're reaching the final moments. There has been a lot of sacrifice to get to this point. Can Okabe reach the perfect timeline still? Or is he doomed to the loss of the one he loves or his best childhood friend?

World War 3 now?... Seems like fun.

Quote:
From the wonderful performances of Mamoru Miyano and Asami Imai (someone please give them fucking awards for their performances)
Seriously. The VA performance by both this episode was absolutely amazing...
Old 2011-08-30, 15:17   Link #12
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
It's been a long time since I've seen two people more perfect for each other...
Know what? In my opinion, it IS worth going through all "the otaku jokes", that unpleasable naysayers kept complained about. This is what I mean when I said that it is THOSE smallest details, and little scenes, that, when used well, adds to the characters and their interactions.

So when I see what happened in episode 22, watching them goofing around in the seven or so first epsiodes,and watching them suffer for the next ones after, made it all the more worth it.

So we can bitch about how the hell a cellphone connected to a microwave can trigger changes in the timeline, but damn, the plot and the characters ARE the selling points of steins;gate, not that its take on the finest details of time travel and time machines.

And I think that the romantic angle had been handled "right", just enough to not feel like being shoe-d in, or cancerous like the Star Wars preguel trilogy.
Old 2011-08-30, 15:20   Link #13
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Speechless
Old 2011-08-30, 15:20   Link #14
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
I'm not usually a shipping person, but there is no doubt in my mind that Okabe and Kurisu is what one would call OTP, the one true pairing. Hell, if I play the VN, I probably wouldn't bother playing other routes than her, and not because I don't like any of the other girls. I've shipped them from the beginning, but if there's an episode that shows how perfect they are for each other, it's this one.
I usually hate shipping but I will ship those two to the ends of the earth...

Rarely do I see romance developed so well in anime - and in a show whose main genre isn't even romance (although based on a VN). It's not about forgotten childhood promises or chance meetings or spending 20+ episodes just nervously blushing and beating around the bush. It's about two people who are just meant for each other, which can be easily seen from the way they interact, to the way they connect and have similar interests (like the scene where they were wearing lab coats or drinking Dr. Pepper together). True, the romance was never a driving factor in this show, but it was always there, subtly suggested in their interactions and it was executed just perfectly.

Now I can only wait for the final two episodes and hope they deliver an EPIC and satisfying conclusion...

Quote:
Know what? In my opinion, it IS worth going through all "the otaku jokes", that unpleasable naysayers kept complained about. This is what I mean when I said that it is THOSE smallest details, and little scenes, that, when used well, adds to the characters and their interactions.

So when I see what happened in episode 22, watching them goofing around in the seven or so first epsiodes,and watching them suffer for the next ones after, made it all the more worth it.
It's those little scenes - some of which I mentioned above - that make this show so enjoyable and their relationship so damn believable.
Old 2011-08-30, 15:21   Link #15
Demoned Away

Really good episode! I'm just nervous about the ending... they are starting this thing about World War 3 but are they going to be able to deliver a good true ending in just 2 episodes?
Old 2011-08-30, 15:23   Link #16
GDB

Great episode. I expected something to happen after the ED, rather than during it, only because it seemed too "complete" despite still having two more episodes to go. So now Okabe has to stop SERN, as we knew he'd have to... too bad he just sent the Telephone Microwave off to the dump/recycling center.
Old 2011-08-30, 15:25   Link #17
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Great episode. I expected something to happen after the ED, rather than during it, only because it seemed too "complete" despite still having two more episodes to go. So now Okabe has to stop SERN, as we knew he'd have to... too bad he just sent the Telephone Microwave off to the dump/recycling center.
SERN is no longer the issue. It is a "WWIII" which will be explained in the next episode.

Anyway, a very good composition and direction in the script, dealing quite well the plight between Okabe and Kurisu.
I'm however a bit disappointed they were stingy on the budget for this episode, leading to a lot "underwhelmed" expressions from both Okabe and Kurisu, while the voice acting was definitely on spot with the mood (which leads some sort of incompatibility feelings).
Old 2011-08-30, 15:28   Link #18
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
HE'LL DO IT WITH THE POWER OF--

... you know, I don't even know. He's Okabe! He'll figure something out!
Old 2011-08-30, 15:29   Link #19
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
HE'LL DO IT WITH THE POWER OF--

... you know, I don't even know. He's Okabe! He'll figure something out!
I sense the return of Kurisu from this new WWIII plot...
Old 2011-08-30, 15:31   Link #20
Demoned Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I sense the return of Kurisu from this new WWIII plot...
Wasn't she one of the reasons why the war/dictatorship/whatever-it-was started during Suzuha's arc? I could be wrong, my memory certainly isn't what it used to be.
Closed Thread