AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-28, 04:13   Link #801
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
That's the one thing I still can't wrap my head around- the majority fan support for either the Sweet Girl or the Genki Girl seems to switch sides depending on the weather...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 04:49   Link #802
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Well, Wanko and Aria have my full support I'm uncertain what their screen time will be from now on, but... if they end up unhappy, I'm always available

There's another thing I noticed though, most of the Megami/Nyantype have been Rea'ized, what gives? I know this series is Sankarea, but there could have at least been one with Aria-sama too, like a family portrait
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 07:21   Link #803
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Okay, time to correct myself: "Good looking Ponytail Maid Armies" are fun
An army of Serafemme clones Nah, the Sanka maid army wins with variety in thier looks and perversion in their mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
OH NO YOU SILLY inserting NTR into my fantasies nOOOoOooOOoooOOOooooo
I didn't... she did Trying to seduce her adopted daughters romantic interesting, as well as off-camera have fun at a host bar. Hardly proof of (rightfully) NTRing her creepy husband, but among us adults we know very well that when kids are watching we still have to imply this and that thing
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 23:31   Link #804
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for last episode and final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 01:20   Link #805
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for last episode and final thoughts:
Just a quick note about rea-zombie as far as manga (no real spoiler)

Spoiler for light spoil:
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 02:06   Link #806
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post

Spoiler for light spoil:
The interesting thing about Sakarea is that even if the material later on are arguably the true focus of the story (well, along side the Romance), the first season is done so well that, unlike some other animes, I'd think the first season by itself is very strong, even if indeed, the closing scenes of Episode 12 implies the direction of the plot very strongly.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 02:28   Link #807
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I haven't read the manga but Jogorou shouting "Salt!" randomly and charging at Rea sure felt like a clue to me...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 03:35   Link #808
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Good looking maid armies are fun
Look no further! I have the perfect "good looking" maid soldier for you!

Behold!That finely tuned figure, that award winning smile, and overwhelming power all in one unbeatable package!
Old 2012-06-29, 06:01   Link #809
EroKing

Episode 12

That was a really weird way of ending a series
The last few episodes had much slower pace with not much events happening. Liked the part where Wanko outright said she liked Chihiro to Rea and also in the process helped her giving confidence to do as much as possible in the time she has left. The art and lighting have been stunning throughout the series. The little fireworks scene was nice and then shots like this at the end.

That ending however pretty much confirms a second season. Just need to wait for an official announcement

lol @serenade_beta for liking whack-jobs
Old 2012-06-29, 06:59   Link #810
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

In the finale episode

Days have past since Rea's dad let them go all good as usual oh fireworks event rea like to see. Cat hair boy bit worry keep rea safe and her body well all time. Then mero appear why rea keep in house give rea want go out more? Next day rain come no fireworks so next day here Wanko oh do home fireworks party.

Rea swept & broke boom here cat hair boy arrive do home fireworks with Wanko. Then Wanko arrive during which alone time and talking with Rea about Cat hair boy, zombie life, and rest. So home fireworks doing well with Babu goes down from sprial fireworks.

Next day rea arrive home get her stuff so she can go school and brief talk with step-mom. Rea & cat hair boy doing wonder to do then here come zombie bite kiss.

Indeed series quite good of sorts give likely a season 2 might happen and also looking forward to dub on it.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 11:25   Link #811
ookamigirl

Life is back to "normal" as mush as it can be in her state.
Rea seems to be longing for the normal school life days a bit.
Their small fireworks festival was really nice ^^
So she got her wish to attend school again, Furuya sure is lenient towards her.
That attack/kiss was something I half expected, but maybe not that aggressive.
This sure was a relaxed final episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 11:30   Link #812
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post

Spoiler for light spoil:
That's good news.
But unfortunately, until the yen-dollar conversion rate settles down, I can't import it from Amazon... (´・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post

Behold!That finely tuned figure, that award winning smile, and overwhelming power all in one unbeatable package!
Kogarashi >>>>>> All other maids

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 11:33   Link #813
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post

That's why there was another cute maid in the army correcting such misinterpretations

Old 2012-06-29, 18:25   Link #814
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Well, after it's all over and done with, really, the only thing I gotta say is that I think that Wanko is the most under-appreciated character in this anime, not only by the audience at large, but particularly by cat-boy. She's definitely my favorite character in the anime, and feels so much more alive than anyone else. The only other person in the anime that even comes close to having as much character as her is Sanka-dad (the scale does swing both ways). Cat-boy, sister, Buddha-dad, and Rea, they all seem so bland and lifeless. Crazy Grampa, when the moments prevail, shows more liveliness than all of them put together, and even Sanka-step-mom has more character, and shows more emotion.

I doubt I'll be watching this anime again, though I will probably sit through a second season, if there is one, and I will suffer through at least one more chapter of the manga after an English version is available. My predominant reason for watching or reading won't be the title character, or the not so bright cat-boy, but will be so that I might get to see Wanko in action again.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 19:17   Link #815
jwai

What are the odds that the real issue won't be that Rea's body is decaying, but rather she keeps losing it and tries to mangle people? That last scene seemed a bit worrying...
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 19:35   Link #816
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
What are the odds that the real issue won't be that Rea's body is decaying, but rather she keeps losing it and tries to mangle people? That last scene seemed a bit worrying...
The number one problem for Rea is the issue of her body decaying. Really, if her flesh turns green and starts flaking off, and she starts stinkin' up the house, will cat-boy really still be interested in her? However, if she were to lose it and try to feast on people (other than cat-boy), that would be a problem, not for her, but for everyone else. A zombie not wanting to feast on human flesh would be something akin to a lion not wanting to feast on antelopes or gazelles, but munch on scrub grass instead, like she does with hydrangea leaves. At least that's what we have been led to believe by popular legends (zombies don't exist in the real world).
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 19:53   Link #817
potchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
She's definitely my favorite character in the anime, and feels so much more alive than anyone else. The only other person in the anime that even comes close to having as much character as her is Sanka-dad (the scale does swing both ways). Cat-boy, sister, Buddha-dad, and Rea, they all seem so bland and lifeless.
In total agreement. Especially both MCs try to have a cake and eat it, too.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 20:16   Link #818
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Well, after it's all over and done with, really, the only thing I gotta say is that I think that Wanko is the most under-appreciated character in this anime, not only by the audience at large, but particularly by cat-boy. She's definitely my favorite character in the anime, and feels so much more alive than anyone else. The only other person in the anime that even comes close to having as much character as her is Sanka-dad (the scale does swing both ways). Cat-boy, sister, Buddha-dad, and Rea, they all seem so bland and lifeless. Crazy Grampa, when the moments prevail, shows more liveliness than all of them put together, and even Sanka-step-mom has more character, and shows more emotion.

I doubt I'll be watching this anime again, though I will probably sit through a second season, if there is one, and I will suffer through at least one more chapter of the manga after an English version is available. My predominant reason for watching or reading won't be the title character, or the not so bright cat-boy, but will be so that I might get to see Wanko in action again.
This!

On the other hand, a large part of Wanko's charm is that she is the third wheel
Old 2012-06-29, 23:39   Link #819
Kyosuke Magami

Seems pretty obvious from the ending that they're anticipating a second season. I know it's anyone's guess right now, but when is the next season likely to air? I don't know much about TV schedules across the Pacific...
Kyosuke Magami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 00:13   Link #820
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Nyantype:

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural, zombie moe, zombies