AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-25, 22:21   Link #841
Used Can

So, guys, we're discussing this and that, but what about the cat box in Yasu/Lyon's pants?

1. Penis?
2. No Penis?

What do you say?
Personally, as sadly as it is, I think there may be slightly more evidence for the former than for the latter. Now, I've got nothing against traps and/or homosexuality in my plots, in fact, I can welcome them if I was prepared. However, in this case, my body is just not ready.
Old 2010-08-25, 22:22   Link #842
Disz

I would prefer it being a Male.

It makes the ass pinching much more humorous.
Old 2010-08-25, 22:24   Link #843
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disz View Post
I would prefer it being a Male.

It makes the ass pinching much more humorous.
Well...

Battler never did say he was interested in becoming a family man. And if Yasu/Lyon were really a man...Well, it'd explain a lot about why Shannon's so desperate for George's commitment to her.
Old 2010-08-25, 22:56   Link #844
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Well, it doesn't matter me, so long as my OTP becomes ca-

Quote:
Dine's 3rd: The detective should not have a love interest.
...I-I still have hope!
Old 2010-08-25, 23:11   Link #845
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet-kun View Post
Well, it doesn't matter me, so long as my OTP becomes ca-

...I-I still have hope!
Yeah, to be fair "should not" can be taken a lot of different ways, depending on how Ryukishi wants to work around that one.

Then again, he could write it off as Erika being the detective, and technically, corpses cant have love interests.
Old 2010-08-25, 23:50   Link #846
OgodItsKanon
ばかな王女様
*Artist

EP7 really made me wonder if Ryukishi07 got drunk while starting to make it @_@
Old 2010-08-26, 00:20   Link #847
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
So, guys, we're discussing this and that, but what about the cat box in Yasu/Lyon's pants?

1. Penis?
2. No Penis?

What do you say?
Personally, as sadly as it is, I think there may be slightly more evidence for the former than for the latter. Now, I've got nothing against traps and/or homosexuality in my plots, in fact, I can welcome them if I was prepared. However, in this case, my body is just not ready.
I think you guys are missing the most blatant and obvious reading of "an injury which makes me incapable of love."

Yes, I am suggesting mangled genitals.

Well, at least that would explain the gender confusion aspect of Shkanon in some fashion.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Old 2010-08-26, 00:31   Link #848
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
I think you guys are missing the most blatant and obvious reading of "an injury which makes me incapable of love."

Well, at least that would explain the gender confusion aspect of Shkanon in some fashion.
And why, if George were the culprit, Shannon would be desperate enough to go along with whatever George is suggesting, in the hopes that it binds him to her(?) regardless of inability to procreate.
Old 2010-08-26, 00:35   Link #849
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:

I kept quiet about it because I thought it was ridiculous at the time, but on my first read through episode 5 one reason I thought Natsuhi would morally object to 19YA baby was if it was a hermaphrodite. At least then she has a reason to kill the baby even if I wouldn't technically sympathize with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post
And why, if George were the culprit, why Shannon would be desperate enough to go along with whatever George is suggesting, in the hopes that it binds him to her(?) regardless of inability to procreate.
Because Battler
Old 2010-08-26, 00:36   Link #850
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Quote:
Actually, that...never made much sense to me at all.

Shouldn't it be, 'Incapable of being loved (by another)', instead of 'Incapable of love(= unable to love another)'? And why must love = the act of making love?
Old 2010-08-26, 00:40   Link #851
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post

Because Battler
Ah, but Battler "forgot" about her. And there was apparently no way to confirm or deny this for Yasu until the conference itself, for whatever reason.

Even if it was just George bullshitting, that's how Shannon saw it. He made himself out to be her only hope, and over time, she came to believe that herself.

Episode 1 strongly indicates that Shannon still has some lingering affection for him. And apparently Kanon does too, or at least how Kanon is presented in the manga of said episode.

Quote:

Shouldn't it be, 'Incapable of being loved (by another)', instead of 'Incapable of love(= unable to love another)'? And why must love = the act of making love?
I guess the same logic behind denying gay marriage "unable to procreate/have children, point of a family etc etc."

Not that im trying to raise such a thorny issue, but it would be a similar logic, I believe. Also, if Shannon really wound up buying that, especially with George talking about making a family together, and emphasizing the large amount of children...wow...

We sure that Absinthe was Kinzo's? Because that girl was delusional.
Old 2010-08-26, 00:49   Link #852
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Not that im trying to raise such a thorny issue, but it would be a similar logic, I believe. Also, if Shannon really wound up buying that, especially with George talking about making a family together, and emphasizing the large amount of children...wow...
If you think of George as an emotionally abusive mastermind the children thing takes on a whole new dimension: George, aware that Shannon is a non-fertile hermaphrodite or has a genital injury which makes her incapable of having children, keeps talking about the wonderful family he wants to have with her.

That would be freaking sick. Damn, now for the first time I want Shkanon to be true just so George can prove himself an even bigger asshole than anyone could have ever imagined.
Quote:

Because this person is portrayed as extremely messed up and the only person who ever seemed to be genuinely affectionate in a non-threatening, intellectual manner was Battler, I guess.

Also, I really can't think of any injuries that would make a person unable to love, so I have to assume this is a metaphor meaning "I can't have an appropriate relationship because of a physical roadblock to that relationship's inevitable fulfillment." Of course she can, but she probably doesn't believe it's possible.

Old 2010-08-26, 00:57   Link #853
TehChron

Quote:
If you think of George as an emotionally abusive mastermind the children thing takes on a whole new dimension: George, aware that Shannon is a non-fertile hermaphrodite or has a genital injury which makes her incapable of having children, keeps talking about the wonderful family he wants to have with her.

That would be freaking sick. Damn, now for the first time I want Shkanon to be true just so George can prove himself an even bigger asshole than anyone could have ever imagined.
If Ryukishi winds up going that route, Im pretty sure everyone except the hardcore George fans would be satisfied.
Old 2010-08-26, 01:00   Link #854
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Quote:
What the hell Renall? Accusing a telephone pole of being an asshole...

I highly approve.

Quote:
Also, I really can't think of any injuries that would make a person unable to love, so I have to assume this is a metaphor meaning "I can't have an appropriate relationship because of a physical roadblock to that relationship's inevitable fulfillment." Of course she can, but she probably doesn't believe it's possible.
Actually, I had a theory on this. What if the reason they can't love is because they aren't really human to begin with?

In other words: 'Shannon', 'Kanon', and the rest of the lot really are furniture.
Old 2010-08-26, 01:03   Link #855
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
If Ryukishi winds up going that route, Im pretty sure everyone except the hardcore George fans would be satisfied.
I wasn't aware George had hardcore fans outside people who want him to be the culprit.

Old 2010-08-26, 01:04   Link #856
TehChron

Quote:
I wasn't aware George had hardcore fans outside people who want him to be the culprit.
I think he's the only person in the series with corrective lenses. And has a waifu maid with large tits (ok, well maybe not so much the latter), you can bet he has his sympathizers.

Those losers.
Old 2010-08-26, 01:06   Link #857
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Honestly, when I try to look at George in the most favorable light possible, he just comes across as a sap and a loser who is trying to look cool. I mean that's not bad, but still, when I look at somebody like Jessica she can at least - in the best possible light - come out looking incredibly noble.

There's something inherently suspect about being harder to think positively of than Rosa when all ambiguities are construed in your favor.

Old 2010-08-26, 01:08   Link #858
TehChron

Quote:
Honestly, when I try to look at George in the most favorable light possible, he just comes across as a sap and a loser who is trying to look cool. I mean that's not bad, but still, when I look at somebody like Jessica she can at least - in the best possible light - come out looking incredibly noble.

There's something inherently suspect about being harder to think positively of than Rosa when all ambiguities are construed in your favor.
Yeah. In fact, given Ryukishi's capabilities in creating characters, you get the feeling he never really tried to make George genuinely sympathetic outside of his relationship with Shannon.

If he wanted to make him come across as noble, he certainly could have done more with the guy than making him spout vaguely sociopathic lines that proclaim his love.
Old 2010-08-26, 01:15   Link #859
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Quote:
If he wanted to make him come across as noble, he certainly could have done more with the guy than making him spout vaguely sociopathic lines that proclaim his love.
The problem is, R07 just isn't good at making Yanderes, especially one like George.

Seriously, how does one go from despising women to loving one so easily?
Old 2010-08-26, 01:19   Link #860
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
The problem is, R07 just isn't good at making Yanderes, especially one like George.

Seriously, how does one go from despising women to loving one so easily?
The Anti-George camp would say he really doesn't. The question then fairly becomes: Why pretend to?

There's also the small problem of ryukishi's interviews suggesting a sincerity to their relationship, something that seems contradicted by the evidence (if we buy both some of the ep6 stuff about George and the Yasu stuff, taken together, anyway).

Closed Thread