AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-29, 23:03   Link #2621
Pparrot

Again, if you feel the anime is not enough. You could always count on the usually better manga/light novel orginal. (although i wander will it every be translated to english)
Pparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 01:32   Link #2622
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparrot View Post
Again, if you feel the anime is not enough. You could always count on the usually better manga/light novel orginal. (although i wander will it every be translated to english)
The novel is being translated..
Old 2007-09-30, 07:24   Link #2623
Joka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
If Kaze no Stigma's deficiencies get you this worked up, I'd advise you never to come within 100 miles of Zero no Tsukaima's second season... now that was a perfect demonstration of how to utterly butcher a good plotline and character development.

Kaze no Stigma could have been a lot better, but it could also have been a lot worse.

Yeah I watched Zero no Tsukaima. Fuck that second season.
Joka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 09:29   Link #2624
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
Hey, Zero no Tsukaima I liked until... the last three minutes, actually. Those last three minutes killed everything for me. But that last episode, other than those three minutes, was pretty damn good. This? I dunno, I kinda felt like this was mediocre all around. Never as bad as the worst parts of Zero No Tsukaima, but never as good as the best. But that's just my opinion.
Azure22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 11:36   Link #2625
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Would have to say the 2nd season for ZnT was pretty bad in some areas. The end was a pretty sad state of affairs and overall they made some bad choices with development and time management.

Overall I'd toss in KnS on top even if it had some problems of its own in terms of going from novel to anime. Sadly pulling off a good job these days seems to be a rough thing for the people behind it to pull off.

Despite some problems I'll still look back on KnS with good memories since it was one of my favorites for this year. If the novels get fully translated or the manga then I'll be all over them in getting more information.
Old 2007-09-30, 12:55   Link #2626
spaz

I love all of these animes which were based off of novels since most of the times there better than some mangas out there.
spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 14:45   Link #2627
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
If Kaze no Stigma's deficiencies get you this worked up, I'd advise you never to come within 100 miles of Zero no Tsukaima's second season... now that was a perfect demonstration of how to utterly butcher a good plotline and character development.

Kaze no Stigma could have been a lot better, but it could also have been a lot worse.
I dunno Zero is not the best of lite ecchi anime to start with..

for me kazes animation is good ,you want annoying animation try Lost universe or bits of naruto.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 15:45   Link #2628
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure22 View Post
Hey, Zero no Tsukaima I liked until... the last three minutes, actually. Those last three minutes killed everything for me. But that last episode, other than those three minutes, was pretty damn good. This? I dunno, I kinda felt like this was mediocre all around. Never as bad as the worst parts of Zero No Tsukaima, but never as good as the best. But that's just my opinion.
I agree
well KnS was never ment to be a title where it will be the best thing you have ever seen unlike some others (like gurren lagann) so keeping that in mind i never though much about nit picking on this series. All in all this was a series enthisized on fun and adventure - not out standing but not a waste of time either, thinking about how it could have been better is good but not something i would dawn on for too long as it wasnt anything special to begin with. I liked watching this series because i like watching a decent story unfold, and knowing about kazuma and how watching his character grew (and ayano's) was very enjoyable

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 17:24   Link #2629
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure22 View Post
Hey, Zero no Tsukaima I liked until... the last three minutes, actually. Those last three minutes killed everything for me. But that last episode, other than those three minutes, was pretty damn good.
Zero no Tsukaima is probably much better if you don't know anything about the original novels - otherwise, the disappointment factor massively outweighs the show's good points.

A bit like how KnS novel readers might get annoyed that Ayano often comes across in the anime as a brainless barbarian, whereas the novel shows her to be an intelligent and well brought-up (albeit inexperienced) young lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
I dunno Zero is not the best of lite ecchi anime to start with..
The problem is that the second season should never have been a "lite ecchi anime" at all. The novels start to get really serious with both plot and character development at that point, and the anime kicked all that into a corner in favour of irrelevant subplots and tiresome running gags.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 19:52   Link #2630
mdauben

I just finished Kaze no Stigma the other day, and unlike some people here I really enjoyed it. Sure, it was not super-deep or dark, but I thought it was a nice combination of action, comedy, drama and romance. It was nice to see a tsundere like Ayano unable to beat the heck out of her male counterpart, becuase he was stronger than her.

I am not at all familiar with the source material (light novels) so I can only look at the series on it's own merrits, and can't comment on how well it adapted the novels to anime. The only negative aspect I saw was the number of plot threads left hanging at the end. Hopefully that just means they are thinking about a second season?
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 20:26   Link #2631
workingclass

yeah i also really enjoyed watching this series. it was fun and it had a light touch of darkness to it. wasnt this series foreshadowed by romeoXjuliet and was kinda like a side project? while it did kinda end semi sour leaving us wanting some more questions answered. didnt code geass do it to us even worse?

and despite KnS ending as it did i still think it ended a worlds of difference better than how claymore ended. thats taking a good series with an insane amount of potential and just warping and distorting it so badly it kinda felt "berserk"ish. i felt that it seemed like they knew they were running out of episodes and were lost on how to end it. and the way they did it just seemed so off and wrong.and then you get series like lucky star. people seemed like they wanted so much more for an ending even though all it was was just random musing of everyday girls lives. where people expecting so much more than that for an ending?

but anyways back to KnS overall rating i gave the show was 8.5 out of 10. it had many funny moments. specially kazumaXpixie as well as kazumaXayano. it had its darker elements to it and it had in my eyes decent animation all the way throughout. only place i felt animation was kinda lacking in was side or sub characters.
workingclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 22:42   Link #2632
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I just finished Kaze no Stigma the other day, and unlike some people here I really enjoyed it. Sure, it was not super-deep or dark, but I thought it was a nice combination of action, comedy, drama and romance.

I think that's the probelm it didn't know what it wanted to be. One minute im watching pokemon battles the next min it's trying to tell me a serious story.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 03:04   Link #2633
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka View Post
The anime was shitty. So much potential and yet everything wasted by the way the show was portrayed. This had so much chemistry and potential going for it that I am shocked and appalled at they way it was screwed up.
lol wut.

Ayano and Kazuma are a terrible pair, he's just being a tease to her. Well, I hear the novels make the development more plausible, but from how the anime was that romance seemed utterly ridiculous. Tsuo Rin was so much better.

Quote:
The bad drawing was not even it. The childish manner that the show took to and the horrible way of presenting the story made me want to gag. I was having so much fun in the begining, because I thought the story would be more mature, darker, and would have deep plot twists and character development, but was I wrong as shit.
The only character that could have interesting development was Kazuma, who got shafted when Ayano was promoted from just one of the main characters to PROTAGONIST. -.-

I rather like how the anime toned him down, though he should have slaughtered the earth clan's henchfolk after that speech of his.

Quote:
The anime took to an immature side, with shitty fights, that were repeated time and time again. The story was butchered by the episodic shit that was thrown in there. Ayano had space to develop, but did not. Kazuma should have been darker and more twisted.
I do agree, we didn't need that horrible filler during the middle ten set episodes. Seconded on the technique repetition, after the first two arcs nothing new was introduced. :/
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 02:24   Link #2634
usagijen

A bit late... but I've done some major deep frying on the last two episodes of the series.

Deep Frying Kaze no Stigma 24 Part 1
Deep Frying Kaze no Stigma 24 Part 2

If I'm going to view the anime as it is, I'd say it really is not well-made. I've pretty much expressed much of my opinions with regards to the butchering done in the anime as compared to its novel and manga counterpart, in most of my posts here and in our blog. If not for these other mediums, I don't think I would've loved KnS like I do now.

The anime might have turned out shitty for most people, and so there's the novel and the manga, especially, to those who want to see KnS in a thousandfold better light.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 07:44   Link #2635
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
THIS IS SO UNFAIR.

This show looks unfinished.(just finished watching kaze no stigma but dissapointed about the ending.)

*About weinhard and tsui rin*

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2007-10-04 at 21:53.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 13:15   Link #2636
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Seems like people have a natural hate towards open ended ends these days

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 17:01   Link #2637
Elandyll

I admit I am slightly confused... I was under the assumption that KnS was 26 ep serie?
If it ends at 24 ... well... dunno. The serie was agreable, but I guess it held more premisces to me. Hoping for a second season, because there is much to tell about Kazuma's origins (a story that admitedly I would have much rather have seen than Kazuma's antics with Ayuno...).
Elandyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 11:42   Link #2638
Armandhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Seems like people have a natural hate towards open ended ends these days
can u blame us for that?
when i watch a serie its like im living it, sounds weird i know but that doesn't matter, and when the series just STOPS in de middle when there are SO MANY THINKGS that aren't taking care of, i feel like im missing something and that feeling won't go away sadly.

Besides my personal feeling about an open ending,
why would u create a story make 10 villains and have only killed 5 at the end of ur story. might as weel make 5 villains prolong ur story a bit and make sure its closed in an appropriate way

Sorry if my english is bad :S im trying the best i can to make it understandable
Armandhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 14:05   Link #2639
Pell14

Just finish this series, is there a season 2 coming out? It arent that bad but during the middle eps, things are getting alittle random.
Spoiler for :
Pell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 14:35   Link #2640
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell14 View Post
Just finish this series, is there a season 2 coming out? It arent that bad but during the middle eps, things are getting alittle random.
Spoiler for :
Spoiler:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen