AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 22:45   Link #1
jmosher65

Wink That Awkward Moment

Tell me a awkward moment you had involving anime I promise I wont laugh... maybe

That awkward moment when your mom walks into your room when your watching girls bravo and a nude seen just happens to come on

wow, just got another awkward moment, that awkward moment were your listening to anime music and your headphones unplug, that just now happened to me, very embarrassing

Last edited by jmosher65; 2012-11-01 at 22:57.
jmosher65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 23:08   Link #2
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Never in the former situation so I don't know how that feel.

but about the the latter, I turn my loud speaker volume to max while playing anime music all the time.
Old 2012-11-02, 02:23   Link #3
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Oh gawd......>_>

TWICE, not once but TWICE, my mother walked in on me watching anime scenes with two girls kissing.
They were not yuri series. They were not shoujo-ai series. Neither one. It was just fanservice for the hell of fanservice. Both scenes couldn't have been more than three seconds.
But she just happens to come look at that precise moment!

...........why......just.........I don't........WRY!? DX
Old 2012-11-02, 02:36   Link #4
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I have no awkward moments with my mother. I live on my own, but she visits regularly; she's sat in my room chatting to me while I sorted images for my now defunct site, and sorting could often contain explicit images, and she has never cared. She has also listened to plenty of things I watch which are ecchi or questionable (especially audio only) without querying it. I couldn't even begin to count the amount of times she's seen ecchi scenes in stuff I watch, either, from when I used to live with her years ago, through now. I also have a sizeable figure collection, some of which may be considered ecchi by some, and she just thinks they're cute. It's fine.

I'm an adult, why should it matter? Even through the majority of teen years it shouldn't matter, most anime is targeted at teens, after all.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 10:34   Link #5
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Well, when I used to go my school's anime club they showed a video used for an AMV competition but I guess the club president or whoever didn't go over it with the club adviser.

Because one of the clips was from an uncensored hentai set to the lyrics you don't have to !@#$ her so hard. And we had our share of female members in the room.

And from there I actually remember Kyonpalming.jpg.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 10:58   Link #6
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

My mother once looked at a Code Geass poster I had - one of C.C. and Lelouch. She asked me why two females were posing that way....she thought Lelouch was female...seriously...
Old 2012-11-02, 11:01   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've had the reverse experience while watching Narutaru with my then 13-yo daughter. While some of the material had been disturbing, nothing prepared me for episode eleven. Before I knew what was happening "that scene" was over. I really didn't know how to talk about it with my daughter, but I think we eventually did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
she thought Lelouch was female...seriously...
I showed a female friend episode one of Level E. She thought the Prince was a girl.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 11:13   Link #8
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I showed a female friend episode one of Level E. She thought the Prince was a girl.
Happened to me when I showed my friend a picture of Len. Before she turned into an otaku too, I mean.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 11:17   Link #9
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I sucked a ketchup bottle for a soft drink in a public restaurant... Luckily, everyone was busy eating....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 11:22   Link #10
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I've had the reverse experience while watching Narutaru with my then 13-yo daughter. While some of the material had been disturbing, nothing prepared me for episode eleven. Before I knew what was happening "that scene" was over. I really didn't know how to talk about it with my daughter, but I think we eventually did.
At least you didn't show her Arjuna.

As for a club scene - we were showing Gantz at some point nearly a decade ago. Somebody forgot to check the content of a certain episode in Season 2. Aka the one with flocking....You can imagine what happened.
Old 2012-11-02, 11:31   Link #11
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

It's moments like these when I feel like I'm in a highly-endangering commando mission while reading yuri.
Old 2012-11-02, 11:46   Link #12
willx
Nyaaan~~

My most recent awkward moment was .. my fiance decided to sit with me to watch the Campione! anime .. first episode she sees is .. Episode 12

Spoiler for Tangled ^_~:

Last edited by willx; 2012-11-02 at 14:34. Reason: To fix picture link .. ^^;;
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 13:14   Link #13
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
it could happen to anyone.......

REALLY akward moment when you were watching a bro x sis incest series then suddenly your own sister came barging through your door then starts yelling something crap (like who ate her ice cream) at the exact moment where the (*cough* love intrest *cough*) sister character in the anime your are watching pretty much does SAME thing as your REAL sister!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 13:45   Link #14
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
it could happen to anyone.......

REALLY akward moment when you were watching a bro x sis incest series then suddenly your own sister came barging through your door then starts yelling something crap (like who ate her ice cream) at the exact moment where the (*cough* love intrest *cough*) sister character in the anime your are watching pretty much does SAME thing as your REAL sister!!
That's horrifying!!
Old 2012-11-02, 18:28   Link #15
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I was watching MAR (Marchen Awakens Romance) over my cousin's house. As anime goes, it's actually pretty tame - Kind of a kid's fantasy show with a darker feel to it.

However, the particular episode we were watching at the time had strong yaoi subtext between two of the characters. During that episode, my cousin's mom (my Aunt) walked in. That certainly was awkward.
Old 2012-11-02, 19:55   Link #16
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

It just happened recently. I was studying in an uni library and I was listening to Azumanga Daioh ending theme and then all of a sudden, a guy who was studying nearby taps me and tells that my music is too loud and wanted me to turn it down. When I was playing it without putting my earphone on, it was actually loud enough to hear the lyrics if the people were walking by me.

Fortunately the guy didn't look that irritated or made a big deal out of that. Still it was not exactly a dignifying moment. Who knows he might have been laughing about it behind me or the other number of people who were walking by.
Old 2012-11-03, 02:58   Link #17
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

For my part, it was back when I was watching Ga-Rei Zero - during episode 4, IIRC. Back then, my computer used to be located in the house's mini-library, with the telephone and a door directly behind me. Just as the show transitioned to a certain bath scene (IIRC it was also the only scene that contained any nudity), my mother walked in from behind apparently intending to use the phone.

The whole thing was just so awkward with neither of us saying a word. I could feel her presence behind me, and there was nothing I could say during the scene as I quietly kept watching. We never talked about it, and now my computer is located in my room.
Old 2012-11-03, 03:31   Link #18
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

My girlfriend once was watching Mayo Chiki with her older brother (unusual as they normally don't get along) and her mom apparently walked in during one of the weirder fanservice scenes. She apparently asked "what's with this show?" or something like that.

I remember doing a group screening of Moon Phase for some members of a local anime club one time. My dad briefly started watching, commented the lighting was kind of neat (hey, it's Shaft). At which point one of the two scene in the show involving Elfriede in bondage comes up. Then he left and we never spoke of it again.

Another one involved a group screening of Bakemonogatari. I commented that I thought Kanbaru and Nadeko would make a good yuri pairing and my girlfriend kicked me in the shins. At which point I remembered that her and a friend cosplayed Kanbaru and Nadeko at a convention about two months prior. I said "oh". And she said "yeah, I'm telling her that". (Though in the end she didn't, saying it would be too embarassing.)

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 05:31   Link #19
Azuma Denton
~AD~

That awkward moment when you go home once a year, and brought a figure...
And your family caught you take a photo of that figure's pantsu in the garden...

And my reaction is...
"Errr i can explain this..."
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 13:31   Link #20
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The only awkward moment I got is when I was reading the second volume of Futari Ecchi (which is the first manga I ever read) at age 8, my mother went upset and expelled me from reading such thing. That's the reason why I don't want to buy more manga volumes and prefer to read them online instead. There's also another one that when I was watching an episode of Naruto on television a few years later, my mother complain about how violent this scene turn out :
Spoiler for Spoiler:

This happens to be one of the most gory scenes my mother ever saw, but there's worse depictions of such thing from other shows that she's watching as well (which were mostly live-action stuff). In today's standards, she doesn't even care about ecchi stuff that I'm watching and find them to be okay (especially in some of my drawings).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awkward, embarrassing, moment