AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-29, 14:51   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Well, I enjoyed that third episode most of the three, for the emotion. Right at this moment, just having finished watching it, I think it one of the classics of the entire three series. The various moments between Yumi and Sachiko were just full of feeling, especially at the end. Tears to my eyes. And the evolution of the characters continues to be so interesting.

I thought Koshimizu Ami was also outstanding as Kanako. Creepy and sympathetic and full of feeling. Just great. Tears to my eyes there, too. I haven't read the novels, but I had no trouble figuring out what was going on.

The plot involving Hanadera seemed a bit forced, but it was interesting, and the emotional outcome was totally worth it. I was scared, too. The flashback to Kanako worked. And the evolution of Yuki and of Kashiwagi was good, too.

As for the new ending animation, what more can I say? I noted in the credits that it was given only one credit: to Nakajima Atsuko 中嶋敦子 , who has done a lot of anime and was in overall charge of animating Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura、Getbackers, and You're Under Arrest, and did character design for Trinity Blood. Here is her page on Japanese Wikipedia, and here is a page about an exhibition of her work.

By the way, I enjoyed the first episode of the new show Hitohira, about which I did a blog post. And I look forward to hearing Itou Miki (Sachiko) as a character in the new show Touka Gettan, which starts next week. There are some details about it on my blog and on Random Curiosity.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-03-29, 17:26   Link #42
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I am only guessing but at the time Shimako was not Sei petite souer. Yoshino may had health problem or her present was not need for the Hanadera event. It maybe that they only request that Rose help and the bouton and bouton petite souer are not invite. I am sure if the Rose request them to be there to help I am sure Hanadera will not say not to it but I again I am only guessing.
Old 2007-03-30, 03:27   Link #43
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I thought Koshimizu Ami was also outstanding as Kanako. Creepy and sympathetic and full of feeling. Just great. Tears to my eyes there, too. I haven't read the novels, but I had no trouble figuring out what was going on.
Yeah, I too really liked Kanako's voice and the seiyuu's acting

Tsutako's always looked pretty to me, but she looks even prettier without her glasses, a bit softer

Something I didn't like in this ova and in the previous one is the adding of the "romantic filter" as I call it, the soft white layer put on the screen when the scene is emotionnal... that always cuts off all emotions for me, and if there is something I'm enjoying while watching Marimite, it IS to get emotional
So it spoiled my fun when Sachiko was heading toward the panda... I couldn't get moved
It's like they put out a panel with "now! get moved!" on the screen and I'm a bit surprised then can't get moved at all.... I wonder if it bothers somebody else too?

The effect is similar to the big red roses blooming at the end of he Haru season, it troubled me a little but that scene was already so full of emotions that the adding only cooled down the intensity for me. This one, I remember, did surprise many of us when the ep was out.

Last edited by Noriko; 2007-03-30 at 03:50.
Old 2007-03-30, 09:54   Link #44
Mentar
Banned

Oh wow. That was VERY impressive work by Koshimizu Ami. Awesome. It's rare that I look up seiyuus after an anime, but I just had to. What a performance

I mean, I knew right from the start that I was most certainly going to like Kanako (as opposed to Touko), but this voice makes it very easy.

While I was looking on her casting list, I was astonished. THAT was Megumi from Kanban Musume??? THAT was Nina from Mai Otome??? How very impressive, because all voices had a very distinct ring to them, even though they were very consistent.

Anyway, she's definitely on my watch list now. Kudos!
Old 2007-03-30, 10:51   Link #45
Orm_Irian

On the contrary, am I the only one that finds Kanako creepy?
Honestly, were I in Yumi's shoes, I'd be scared shitless.
Old 2007-03-30, 11:09   Link #46
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Well, she did say it's quite scary when Tsutako showed her the photos.
And Kanako isn't a complete stranger to her nor is she capable of actually harming Yumi.

*has some Kanako moe* ^^;
Old 2007-03-30, 13:57   Link #47
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orm_Irian View Post
On the contrary, am I the only one that finds Kanako creepy?
Honestly, were I in Yumi's shoes, I'd be scared shitless.
Kanako is creepy all right. But I suspect from what she said that she has issues in her past that helped make her that obsessively scared of men and desperate for an "angel" to look up to. So maybe (I haven't read the novels) Yumi will work her magic on her, too, and bring out the wonderfulness inside. Her combination of shyness and strong forthrightness is pretty interesting.

Koshimizu Ami (Kanako) won the 2006 Seiyuu Award as best supporting actress for her role of Karen in Code Geass. She is definitely one of the up and coming stars. And she is a tall, strong, beautiful person, too, which helps her career even more. She has a good blog (in Japanese), with frequent pictures. She turned 21 in February.

Amisuke (her nickname) was the subject of a blog post I made about a radio stunt she pulled with her (female) friend Sanpei Yuuko (Renton in Eureka 7, etc.), where they pretended they had gotten married. I probably overestimated the possibility that they really were gay, but she has has talked about Pe (Sanpei Yuuko's nickname) as her "wife" before in her blog, and said in a post Wednesday that she has known her for seven years and hopes they can always be together. In any case, they have been good friends for a long time, and Pe is an excellent seiyuu, too. Judging from her own blog and others', Amisuke seems like a warm, natural, gregarious person with many good friends.

Amisuke began her career when she was 16-17, as Nadja in Ashita no Nadja, and she has played very diverse roles, as Mentar said, from Claes in Gunslinger Girl to Tenma in School Rumble to Tenko in Kamisama Kazoku to Paraietta in Simoun. Here is more info about her. And here are some photos: (1) from the cover of her CD (with video DVD included) Natural; (2) with the great seiyuu Nabatame Hitomi draped all over her; (3) with someone cosplaying her role of Ritsuko Kubel Kettenkrad from Kujibiki Unbalance:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-03-30 at 23:23.
Old 2007-03-30, 14:23   Link #48
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
I am only guessing but at the time Shimako was not Sei petite souer. Yoshino may had health problem or her present was not need for the Hanadera event. It maybe that they only request that Rose help and the bouton and bouton petite souer are not invite. I am sure if the Rose request them to be there to help I am sure Hanadera will not say not to it but I again I am only guessing.
OT: Ah, I remember now. Shimako became a Bouton after the Sports Fair (Sachiko-sama asked Shimako soon after, and Sei-sama intervened after about a week).

Anyway, back to the episode. As someone who read the novel beforehand, I have to admit I am biased.
Spoiler for for Kanako:

All and all, great episode. Especially Sachiko-Yumi bonding. You can just feel how much they care for each other, it just warms you up. Sei-fied Yumi is also a plus!
Spoiler for Favorite Scenes:
Old 2007-04-02, 19:32   Link #49
soccer_bre
rawr

Send a message via AIM to soccer_bre Send a message via MSN to soccer_bre
someone seriously needs to tell me when the subbed version comes out ))))) im so excited!!! who else is????
Old 2007-04-02, 19:52   Link #50
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Yeah I like to see the sub version as well.
Old 2007-04-02, 22:28   Link #51
soccer_bre
rawr

i wish i could speak japanese so that i could watch even the raw.... but im like half stupid so i cant. hahah im trying to learn japanese just by watching my fave shows w/ subs.... but yeah its hard
Old 2007-04-03, 05:02   Link #52
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Subbing slowly is preferred here.
Old 2007-04-03, 07:05   Link #53
pkgirl163

Send a message via AIM to pkgirl163 Send a message via MSN to pkgirl163
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_bre View Post
i wish i could speak japanese so that i could watch even the raw.... but im like half stupid so i cant. hahah im trying to learn japanese just by watching my fave shows w/ subs.... but yeah its hard
Have you tried reading the translation of the 14th novel and watching the raw OVA right after? Most of the dialog is taken verbatim from the novel, though there are parts that are left out.
Old 2007-04-03, 18:16   Link #54
soccer_bre
rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkgirl163 View Post
Have you tried reading the translation of the 14th novel and watching the raw OVA right after? Most of the dialog is taken verbatim from the novel, though there are parts that are left out.

no i havent, but maybe ill try it :] thx for the idea!!! yaaaaaa
Old 2007-04-04, 06:58   Link #55
xyber9x
Maria watches Over Us

so anyone want to know how that mysterious girl GG
or some of you already find out..

anyway do you really want find out how that girl

wait for may next reply GG
Old 2007-04-04, 09:42   Link #56
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Ueda Kana's (Seiyuu for Yumi) interview in japanese:
http://hobby-channel.net/content/view/2583/104/
Old 2007-04-06, 12:01   Link #57
Light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_bre View Post
someone seriously needs to tell me when the subbed version comes out ))))) im so excited!!! who else is????
Judging by when the second OVA was finally subbed, my guess-timate would be three weeks or four weeks from the release date. Don't take that to heart, I'm only basing that off what I've seen from the first two. I'm hoping for the best release time for the fansub version. I swear I plan on learning Japanese just for this series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
lol.

Thanks to all of your reviews I am very excited about the third OVA. It's been nothing but good words about it... I've seen the credits (which isn't much, yes I know but I'm marimite junkie) and they only made me want to see what came before it. Mannnnnn do I wish I would have learned japanese instead of english.
Old 2007-04-08, 13:29   Link #58
soccer_bre
rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light. View Post
Judging by when the second OVA was finally subbed, my guess-timate would be three weeks or four weeks from the release date. Don't take that to heart, I'm only basing that off what I've seen from the first two. I'm hoping for the best release time for the fansub version. I swear I plan on learning Japanese just for this series!

lol.

Thanks to all of your reviews I am very excited about the third OVA. It's been nothing but good words about it... I've seen the credits (which isn't much, yes I know but I'm marimite junkie) and they only made me want to see what came before it. Mannnnnn do I wish I would have learned japanese instead of english.
that seems like way to long to wait.... darn.. haha oh well, for this series im willing to wait lol
Old 2007-04-08, 13:30   Link #59
soccer_bre
rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
haha nice...
Old 2007-04-14, 17:46   Link #60
soccer_bre
rawr

i thought the ending was kawaii!!!! omg it was awesome. it was so cute. i myself am a YumiXSachico person. im interested also in the development of the relationship between Yumi and Touko. its going to suprise me i think, seeing as i havent read the novels.
Closed Thread