Golden_Witch

Spoilers:

Spoiler for 107 Spoiler:
Golden_Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 15:05   Link #1142
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, I also forgot to bring up Toriko as another series I follow that has power levels. Though at least in that series the levels only apply for monsters and special preparation ingredients, not the human characters, heh.
I Only recently started toriko; i like it but the capture levels thing bugged me real early on. In One episode Toriko and Coco are desperately struggling to beat something like a Level 25 monster and then, several episodes later, you got Toriko beating a level 25 with ease and now its the level 40's that are the serious contenders; i don't think Toriko even got any kind of upgrade in between... why the inconsistency? To make the fight feel more serious. A Level 25 nearly killed them before so a level 40 is gonna be even worst... except not really...

Even when the power levels are just used for the monsters, you can use the monsters asa bench mark for the levels of the heroes. Shonen series tend to always get ridiculous with how much bigger and badder everything gets and the power levels just help point out how ridiculous it is. Without power levels it becomes more vague how much stronger everything is and thus its easier to hide that ridiculousness.
Old 2014-12-06, 21:29   Link #1143
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Witch View Post
Spoilers:

Spoiler for 107 Spoiler:

I'm assuming this is from the Chinese version? Because I haven't found any scans yet....

And on an unrelated note:

[offtopic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I Only recently started toriko; i like it but the capture levels thing bugged me real early on. In One episode Toriko and Coco are desperately struggling to beat something like a Level 25 monster and then, several episodes later, you got Toriko beating a level 25 with ease and now its the level 40's that are the serious contenders; i don't think Toriko even got any kind of upgrade in between... why the inconsistency? To make the fight feel more serious. A Level 25 nearly killed them before so a level 40 is gonna be even worst... except not really...

Even when the power levels are just used for the monsters, you can use the monsters asa bench mark for the levels of the heroes. Shonen series tend to always get ridiculous with how much bigger and badder everything gets and the power levels just help point out how ridiculous it is. Without power levels it becomes more vague how much stronger everything is and thus its easier to hide that ridiculousness.

Well, the thing about Toriko is.... it's pretty much intentionally ridiculous. The characters go through pretty insane power jumps real quickly (the usual reason is because of constantly evolving "gourmet cells" from eating better quality food), hence why Toriko and the other heavenly kings can struggle against certain monsters in one arc, but take out stronger ones with ease in the next. And frankly, if you're bothered by the lower level human world monsters at this point, you'll probably tear out your hair when you get to the insanity of the crazy powerful gourmet world beasts, lol.

[/offtopic]
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 10:56   Link #1144
Breimoon

scans are out, just look at pg 10 for a nice hint about our little pig.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 12:03   Link #1145
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
scans are out, just look at pg 10 for a nice hint about our little pig.
Theres very little hint honestly hawk always has been too arrogant for his own good and if he had a secret and they didnt reveal it by now it would be foolish

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 12:09   Link #1146
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

random dudes:

" yes...how your strength knows no bounds...i can definitely see how you might have been able to defeat hendricksen, who had fallen into deprevity"

batman team!

so, some faction fear, that someday the "7 sins" turn against the kingdom..so they tested their base strength

yep, batman team
--------
the other 3 dudes, want to learn the reason behind hendrick and dreyfus fall to depravity ...yeah...idk if that is a good idea...more , if you have certain familiarity with the "villains"...

:::::::::::::::::::
merlin..that is a nice explanation :kudos: ...

a sweet prophecy about 3 dudes, fighting against an evil dude- i like this

in Camelot....i can sense arthur, Guinevere and lancelot *finally! *

its that dude, at the end of the chapter arthur? ..or it could be lancelot?....or another dude from the round table *fillers*

..the ntr
Old 2014-12-09, 13:48   Link #1147
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hawk...is...so...damn...annoying......
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 14:44   Link #1148
Slayerx

An ok chapter. The chapter was mostly a set up chapter for the next arc. We got away from the pointless power level characters. Got some interesting Character bits from the holy knight trio. Also we found out how those members of the dawn's roar died... frankly i actually thought they were killed by a stray shot or something. The chapter however I felt was dragged down by Hawk... Oi vey power levels... Not to mention we got Merlin who is already pointing out that power levels only give you a vague idea of power and thus basically telling us not to strictly follow them (what was the point of introducing them then?!).

Though i AM wondering when Mel is gonna get around to asking Merlin about what the heck happened all those years ago

Also fucking Finally! Let Us Ride To Camelot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Hawk...is...so...damn...annoying......
He can be amusing at times, but that pig really knows how to over stay its welcome

Quote:
And frankly, if you're bothered by the lower level human world monsters at this point, you'll probably tear out your hair when you get to the insanity of the crazy powerful gourmet world beasts, lol.
Ya i took a peak at some of the later chapters. Though i guess i should say that atleast they have fun with some of that absurdity... Its when they take themselves seriously that i want to pull hairs
Old 2014-12-09, 17:26   Link #1149
Strigoi-rex

Bartra had an interesting quote: "Darkness shall bore a great hole in the land." I wonder if that's what happened to Danafor?
Strigoi-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 22:57   Link #1150
marvelB

Y'know, this is a rare case where I'm actually kinda glad that we were so focused on the power level discussions in this case, because the rest of the chapter was a pleasant surprise for me. I was especially amused to see that freaking Gowther of all people pointed out that power levels aren't completely reliable.

So now we'll be having a Camelot arc, eh? Really looking forward to it! Especially to see how Escanor is involved....
Old 2014-12-10, 06:36   Link #1151
puppeto4
Aimlessly Searching

lol, Hawk is like parody of readers who are thinking power level is absolute
puppeto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 10:22   Link #1152
Ulic

I really can't wait to know more about Escanor. We know more or less how strong the Sins are but we know next to nothing about him. He better make an appearance soon v_v
Ulic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 12:04   Link #1153
marvelB

We didn't have a chapter last week since the magazine was on break, but now we're back on track with some spoilers:

Spoiler for 108:
Old 2014-12-21, 12:26   Link #1154
Homura7

Adding to that,

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 14:12   Link #1155
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

^
;-;
that "situation/occurrence" was one of the best "wins" in the whole manga.....now, it just another boring twist

Spoiler for 108 - called it
Old 2014-12-22, 10:29   Link #1156
Fwarlord

Quote:
We didn't have a chapter last week since the magazine was on break, but now we're back on track with some spoilers:

Spoiler for 108:
I knew it, that guy is just too awesome to die stupidly like that.
Old 2014-12-22, 23:44   Link #1157
marvelB

Chapter's still not out yet, but some spoiler pics did surface:

Spoiler for 108:
Old 2014-12-23, 00:21   Link #1158
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Is there a conspiracy behind the scene?
Old 2014-12-23, 06:23   Link #1159
marvelB

Well, a translated 108 is out. Confirmation of a revived Hendy, Dreyfus heel turn, and demon clan revival, ho!

...Still, I just hope the Camelot arc starts next chapter. We could use a break from Hendricksen for a bit, after all.
Old 2014-12-23, 08:44   Link #1160
Starway

We'll this might explain the shadow that attacked Gowther's during his battle with Dreyfus
Also that book foreshadowing much wow.
Starway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen