AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 78 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.92%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-03, 15:18   Link #501
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Kawamori history?
Macross Frontier is an anniversary edition, that is why you see tons of past Macross homages (what you call Kawamori history) practically littered in each episode. It's a given that it will trace back to its roots, to give back old fans who've stayed with the franchise for 25 years, and draw new fans at the same time. For the love triangle, the homage began when they dedicated Triangular to the SDF-M love triangle, and went on full throttle the moment Alto grabbed for Ranka in the first episode the exact same way Hikaru grabbed for Minmei in the beginning. While all six people in the two love triangles are their own characters, it's relatively easy to determine the flow of MF's love triangle as it seems to be loosely based on SDF's as well, especially with the latest episode.

Quote:
I'm merely pointing out that this is the happiest state Alto has been in the entire 12 episode
You see it as that, I see it as a preparation for Alto x Ranka in the early settings. I have no doubt that Alto and Ranka will get together in the next two episodes, There's tons of blushes here and there, to be honest, it's incredibly rushed, too rushed for my liking but that's the best you could do if you want to fire up the love triangle.
Old 2008-07-03, 15:45   Link #502
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
If you want to pretend his feelings doesn't matter, then be my guest. We got a stronger implication later anyway.
You know, whenever you say things like that, you should first consider if I even made any statement close to your claim. I for one, never once pretended Alto had no feelings for Ranka nor have I implied it in any of my posts.

I just found your discussion in regards to laughter somewhat peculiar, that is all.

- Tak
Old 2008-07-04, 01:26   Link #503
Wesley84

Why did they send Michael? It was an experimental Fold Engine right? Wouldn't Luca who was probably more familiar with the technical aspects of it have been a better choice in case it broke down along the way?
Old 2008-07-04, 10:26   Link #504
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know, whenever you say things like that, you should first consider if I even made any statement close to your claim. I for one, never once pretended Alto had no feelings for Ranka nor have I implied it in any of my posts.

I just found your discussion in regards to laughter somewhat peculiar, that is all.

- Tak
lol! I'm not taking this against you really. I just wouldn't be so absolute everytime you defend yourself.

I don't know how Swampstorm intelligently came to a conclusion that I was actually comparing how much of a clown Sheryl and Ranka can be, but whatever ^_^, my point is about which girl Alto is happiest to be with. Though, I'm sure there's no need to discuss this after episode 13 since even an idiot can see this now.
Old 2008-07-04, 10:30   Link #505
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
I don't know how Swampstorm intelligently came to a conclusion that I was actually comparing how much of a clown Sheryl and Ranka can be, but whatever ^_^, my point is about which girl Alto is happiest to be with. Though, I'm sure there's no need to discuss this after episode 13 since even an idiot can see this now.
Oh, I understood what your earlier posts were getting at. It was just this part...

Quote:
"Heheh..." vs "HAHAHAHAHA"

Need I say more? lol
I think that was what Tak found odd, as well.

Entertaining discussion, nonetheless.
Old 2008-07-04, 11:19   Link #506
Tak

Quote:
My perspective on the chemistry between the two characters are irrelevant to how the script writers wish to construct their relationship.

Certainly I never denied Alto had feelings for Ranka or vise versa. There is a possibility, I simply didn't see the chemistry between them. That is my perspective, and different from denying Alto's feelings.

As of right now, this is episode 13, for you to make an absolute conclusion regarding Ranka and Alto's relationship may be premature.

- Tak
Old 2008-07-08, 06:58   Link #507
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

I don't know how this episode should be awarded a full 10/10.

Firstly the animation was poor quality. It reminded me of some original badly animated Macross episodes. Maybe it was a throw back to authenticity.

Secondly, yeah Macross, Zentradis melt at Culture, but it was as mentioned before contrived.

Finally the whatever brought down the VF-25 wasn't explained clearly.

In any case, a weaker episode and a overall drop in standards from previous episodes.
Old 2008-07-08, 08:19   Link #508
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
I don't know how this episode should be awarded a full 10/10.

Firstly the animation was poor quality. It reminded me of some original badly animated Macross episodes. Maybe it was a throw back to authenticity.

Secondly, yeah Macross, Zentradis melt at Culture, but it was as mentioned before contrived.

Finally the whatever brought down the VF-25 wasn't explained clearly.

In any case, a weaker episode and a overall drop in standards from previous episodes.

I am guessing you haven't seen episode eight. Moreover, this is a long series, I don't see why they must immediately explain the causes of VF-25's malfunction during a session of abnormality. That is part of the mystery we will soon discover.

- Tak
Old 2009-09-27, 11:23   Link #509
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I just started watching this recently (way too late to the party, I know ), however the usage of Do you remember love for the ending song triggered so many childhood memories that I have to give to this episode as the episode that has made me the most nostalgic feeling ever.

It kinds of makes up for the incredibly wishy washy male protagonist this shows has, but whatever.
Old 2009-09-27, 11:43   Link #510
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Perhaps you can solve the mystery why Tak is such a fanboy and probably one of the biggest shipper AnimeSuki has ever seen? He even threatened people with cosplaying Sheryl if they dared to refute his argument by having Ranka in mind.

Make sure you read some of these threads. They provide some of the best entertainment there is if one isn't a moderator.
Old 2009-09-27, 12:23   Link #511
Proto

Well, personally I like Ranka much more as a character (specially since her VA has already got used to her role by this point, she was horrible at the start), however I would prefer for the show to have a no winner ending, given that getting into a relationship with Alto almost seems like a punishment game, so shipping either way looks almost like cruelty towards your favorite or something like that. In any case I'll follow your advice and skim over the threads, and maybe comment here and there.

from your last comment I gather you were the moderator for the series. I can't say I envy you.
Old 2009-09-27, 12:36   Link #512
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Romance thread, Ranka thread, and Sheryl thread are your next mandatory read as soon as you've finished with the series.

No one better spoil the ending for Proto. *shakes fist*
Old 2009-09-27, 12:47   Link #513
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Romance thread, Ranka thread, and Sheryl thread are your next mandatory read as soon as you've finished with the series.
I watched the series as it came out (in other words, I finished it long ago), I've been at Animesuki for months, and I coudn't even make it through those threads.

What are you trying to do, have poor Proto renounce Frontier for life?
Old 2009-09-27, 13:09   Link #514
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Perhaps you can solve the mystery why Tak is such a fanboy and probably one of the biggest shipper AnimeSuki has ever seen? He even threatened people with cosplaying Sheryl if they dared to refute his argument by having Ranka in mind.
Oh, but you forgot, I will also sing DC...

Ironically, this is also my first time @ shipping (and hopefully the last time)

Prior to Frontier, I had no idea what shipping meant. I thought people were talking about Fedex.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-09-27, 13:15   Link #515
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Poor Proto... he doesn't know what he's gotten himself into.

Oh well, at least he's got good taste in series... now, if only we can convert him to the side with less green... or maybe the later developments will do that for us. They did for me, at least.

Also, I like Alto. He does grow on you, I guess.

Old 2009-09-27, 13:38   Link #516
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
What are you trying to do, have poor Proto renounce Frontier for life?
lol.. We can't have that, can we? Fortunately, he is an avid Key fan, and we all know how versatile a typical key-fan needs to be to tolerate the same repeat-rinse formula. Proto can tackle those threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Prior to Frontier, I had no idea what shipping meant. I thought people were talking about Fedex.
hahaha
Old 2009-09-27, 13:56   Link #517
Proto

Quote:
lol.. We can't have that, can we? Fortunately, he is an avid Key fan, and we all know how versatile a typical key-fan needs to be to tolerate the same repeat-rinse formula. Proto can tackle those threads.
It's difficult when you don't know whether you are being praised or being made fun of.

Well, in any case, from BetoJR it seems we are in for some angsty developments for Ranka. Aw well, so much for having no expectations.
Old 2009-09-27, 14:24   Link #518
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Don't complain about spoilers, you hear? I didn't say anything, this time!

Old 2009-09-27, 14:28   Link #519
Proto

You said that something will happen that made you change favorite characters. I know you have good judgment, so you wouldn't suddenly change them unless some steady development happened during the second half of the series. So it could either be Sheryl being shown in a very good light or Ranka being shown in a very bad light. From the way you worded it your "change side" statement, you said less green instead of more pink, it'd point towards Ranka being shown in a bad light. So yes, it's spoilerful enough.
Old 2009-09-27, 14:29   Link #520
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Bad Proto. No cookie for you.

As for the reasons I've "changed sides"... I won't comment on 'em, until you've a few more episodes under your watchful eyes.

Closed Thread