AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 68.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-18, 21:33   Link #281
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlumina View Post
No, it isn't over until Macross Frontier is over with.
That's been over for awhile now. All that was left was the love triangle, and empty promises.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:33   Link #282
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
More duels then anything else.
As I stated 4 pages behind, did we really need to make Alto's fighter blown up with clearly no answer about whether he's alive or not? I particularly felt disappointed Brera wasn't the one to bite it at this particular point of the story. Don't you feel that way too?

Let me explain: Brera is the "smaller boss" in Alto's way (the bigger one being Grace) and usually the small boss should be killed when 95%-97% of the story is already told BEFORE we can focus on the ultimate showdown against the big boss. I really wanted Alto to show his improvement as a pilot in order to take out Brera out of the way (kill him, disable his plane with a good shot, whatever) before facing Grace in a dogfight. THAT is the duel I want to see from the second Grace first came out piloting her VF-27. In Macross Plus, Guld and the Ghost (unmanned fighter) were taken out for story purposes before Isamu ran for a final attack on Sharon Apple; it was the perfect set-up for a repeat of that situation with Grace as the last foe in an epic duel... before Kawamori messed things up again here.

People might say it was for dramatic purposes or for a cliffhanger (ENOUGH ALREADY!) if Alto's plane was destroyed, BUT I could have felt the same way for dramatics if Brera was killed out as the only way to "free" him. I was thinking of a dramatic scene with a full flashback of the events in Brera's youth before his VF-27 explodes. I was keeping that eventuality in case Brera couldn't snap out of it (which happened as we know), but somebody judged it as not dramatic enough.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2008-09-18 at 21:35. Reason: small update
Old 2008-09-18, 21:37   Link #283
Tsuchiro

@KiraYamatoFan

I have a feeling either ozma or brera(once he snaps out of it) is going to face grace.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:40   Link #284
wolfboy
:3

Brera's left alive cause he's likely to play some important role with Ranka in the last episode. If they killed him off at this point, that'd just be a waste.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:41   Link #285
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
As I stated 3 pages behind, did we really need to make Alto's fighter blown up with clearly no answer about whether he's alive or not? I particularly felt disappointed Brera wasn't the one to bite it at this particular point of the story. Don't you feel that way too?
I don't really mind Alto seemingly dying without accomplishing anything. It's actually kind of a relief from the way he normally does reckless things all by himself, without suffering any consenquences. Whether it was Bresra or a bunch of Victors that got him, I don't think it matters. In the end, he's just a worthless pilot like everyone else, even if he wasn't portrayed as such through the series.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:44   Link #286
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
Brera's left alive cause he's likely to play some important role with Ranka in the last episode. If they killed him off at this point, that'd just be a waste.
What role? He's not even close of taking care of his own butt to get off from Grace's control (as proven from episode 23).
Old 2008-09-18, 21:44   Link #287
wolfboy

Okay, you're getting way too disruptive. On the list you go.

EDIT: post refers to Wes.

EDITx2: and lawl, I just noticed I've been getting Negative reps. Usually don't check the Control Panel.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:46   Link #288
wolfboy

Quote:
What role? He's not even close of taking care of his own butt to get off from Grace's control (as proven from episode 23).
For all you know, he may have information from Grace about a way to cure the virus. I don't really care for speculation, I just know he's left alive for a reason.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:48   Link #289
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Is it wrong for me if I said I would like to see Ranka killed at the end of this series because I cannot simply stand her anymore I'm sorry.
Yeah, it is fine with me if she dies. As long as Alto also dies! Romeo and juliet everyone?
Old 2008-09-18, 21:48   Link #290
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Wes, can you please make all mankind happy by shutting up your keyboard?

*refers to the previous post*

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2008-09-19 at 01:13.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:49   Link #291
Wesley84

Quote:
More like it was proven from this episode. He's still "protecting" Ranka, but he doesn't care about her wishes or anything anymore. He apparently still has his personality, unlike Ranka who's been turned off.

It might be Ozma vs. Bresra, a repeat of the gun/knife fight from earlier.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:49   Link #292
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Alto is not dead lol. If there was no final words or up close shot of his body being engulfed by flames he's not dead.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:50   Link #293
aneeshadc

Quote:
Sure, fine. Alive, dead, with Alto, without him, alone, Frontier or Vajra. It doesn't matter anymore. Her story's over.
Its not over, you're over-exaggerating. She's mind controlled right now, but once she's over that (sheryl's earing will probably transmitt alto's voice to her & she'll wake up & hopefully kick some ass then) she'll do something awesome, She isnt one of the main characters for nothing. Atleast I hope so. I felt a little sorry for her this episode, though. I just dont see her getting alto, ever, not after that heartwarming alto/sheryl scene. Yay!

It is kinda disappointing that she needs someone else to snap her out of it, but well, that is what Ranka's been all about anyway, so it makes sense, I guess.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:52   Link #294
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Alto is not dead lol. If there was no final words or up close shot of his body being engulfed by flames he's not dead.
they might be saving that for episode 25. something has to trigger something on Ranka for her to snap out of her coma.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:59   Link #295
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
Its not over, you're over-exaggerating. She's mind controlled right now, but once she's over that (sheryl's earing will probably transmitt alto's voice to her & she'll wake up & hopefully kick some ass then) she'll do something awesome, She isnt one of the main characters for nothing. Atleast I hope so. I felt a little sorry for her this episode, though. I just dont see her getting alto, ever, not after that heartwarming alto/sheryl scene. Yay!

It is kinda disappointing that she needs someone else to snap her out of it, but well, that is what Ranka's been all about anyway, so it makes sense, I guess.
Don't you think it's just a huge cliche that she has to "snap" out of anything at all? Yeah, she'll probably come around somehow, but it's still essentionally having to be rescued again. She came to the Vajra homeworld for a purpose, and she's not even going to get a chance to try to fullfill it. She got to sing "Aimo" once, and stopped the sentries for a little bit, before things went awry, and then she got kidnapped again, and now Grace is just blantantly using her somehow.

Ranka was supposed to get something out of this, but she ended up just being a tool and damsel in distress one last time.

Even the Vajra aren't allowed to have a proper goal or motiviation in the final episodes. It's all Grace's meddling.
Old 2008-09-18, 22:07   Link #296
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
they might be saving that for episode 25. something has to trigger something on Ranka for her to snap out of her coma.
Makes sense to me. Must admit that I am quite confused by the plot at this point. Waiting for a sub, in some language or other. Though I'm not sure that will help.

Since the Vajra are melded with one of the three main characters, I feel as if we have been given too little understanding of them. Or of where Grace actually comes from. Not Protoculture, anyway, since she talked about seeing humanity exceed the Protoculture. I guess just Galaxy, but how did she get so much strange power?

My own preference would be a new humanity, with Vajra superluminal communication built in. But then again, I have a soft spot for human augmentation. And for solving problems by peaceful communication rather than half-informed all-out assault.

I don't see the stories of any of the thee protagonists as over.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-09-18, 22:13   Link #297
Haninozuka

Quote:
Don't you think it's just a huge cliche that she has to "snap" out of anything at all? Yeah, she'll probably come around somehow, but it's still essentionally having to be rescued again. She came to the Vajra homeworld for a purpose, and she's not even going to get a chance to try to fullfill it. She got to sing "Aimo" once, and stopped the sentries for a little bit, before things went awry, and then she got kidnapped again, and now Grace is just blantantly using her somehow.

Ranka was supposed to get something out of this, but she ended up just being a tool and damsel in distress one last time.

I have to agree with you. I had such high hopes that Ranka would do something good when she went with Brera to find the Vajra homeworld. Something that would benefit both Vajra and humans, that would show she had matured without needing to cling to Alto.

But her mission now just seems pointless and the way she got so easily manipulated by Grace just frustrates me greatly. But I guess something will snap her out of her puppet strings and rescue her (again) next week. With Alto out of the battle, probably it's now up to Ozma and the SMS to save the day. :/
Old 2008-09-18, 22:18   Link #298
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
While I would give huge props to Kawamori if he killed Alto off (ha, can you tell I don't like him much), I highly, highly doubt he is dead. I'd say the chance of him being alive is like 99.9%.
Old 2008-09-18, 22:18   Link #299
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
@KiraYamatoFan

I have a feeling either ozma or brera(once he snaps out of it) is going to face grace.
Also it could go the Macross Zero route: Ozma & Alto (in VF-25's) VS. Grace & Brera (in VF-27's)

If that scenario ever happens, I hope we get to see a scene similar to this one again:

Old 2008-09-18, 22:20   Link #300
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

...Maybe Alto in spirit will communicate with Ranka,,,,