AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-03, 00:08   Link #4321
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

Raki doesn't ever mention Isely after the time skip, does he?

And I see what you're saying...in fact, i think I looked over the "regret" part of the first post. I agree that he seemed to regret something, and wasn't satisfied. If he chased them away for their own protection, he'd probably feel more honor.
Old 2010-07-03, 01:14   Link #4322
evil_kenshin

well eitherway I won't feel satisfied until we get a flashback detailing the split lol

perhaps it was an argument about Isley using Priscilla? or that Isley was only reducing his meals rather than fully stopping like Priscilla?
Old 2010-07-03, 09:56   Link #4323
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
well eitherway I won't feel satisfied until we get a flashback detailing the split lol

perhaps it was an argument about Isley using Priscilla? or that Isley was only reducing his meals rather than fully stopping like Priscilla?
No, I have a feeling Raki never caught onto that...but who knows; assuming Raki cooked for them the entire time(because I'm assuming their were nights where Isley shared the load); he probably would have noticed that these two never really eat what he cooks. Isley would have politely ate, even if his meals never did anything for him...Priscilla would have done nothing.

Raki may have taken that as rudeness, unless he discovered why both of them weren't eating his meals....

As before, their's a thousand possibilities. The tough part, is that we're trying to speculate on seven years in which we know almost nothing about. We really need a flashback arc already .
Old 2010-07-03, 18:08   Link #4324
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
No, I have a feeling Raki never caught onto that...but who knows; assuming Raki cooked for them the entire time(because I'm assuming their were nights where Isley shared the load); he probably would have noticed that these two never really eat what he cooks. Isley would have politely ate, even if his meals never did anything for him...Priscilla would have done nothing.

Raki may have taken that as rudeness, unless he discovered why both of them weren't eating his meals....

As before, their's a thousand possibilities. The tough part, is that we're trying to speculate on seven years in which we know almost nothing about. We really need a flashback arc already .
A flashback arc would be nice, but not before we settle the current storyline down to something a little slower-paced.

There is one issue I thought of, and it concerns the "donor flesh" Raki got from the Destroyer. If Raki's DNA become meshed with that of the Destroyer's, and Claire's DNA meshes with that of the Destroyer, wouldn't they be a lot like half brother/half sister or cousins even? I'm just saying having the same donor flesh would, if it were possible, lead to some intriguing and controversial problems regarding any possible Claire-Raki romance. Although, to be fair, nobody knows about such things in the Claymore age, and in all likelihood it wouldn't really matter UNLESS Claire and Raki were to have children together.

Of course, judging by current events, those kids would be "cute" little monsters. Then of course there are all sorts of issues with keeping your kids from exceeding their Yoki limits and whatnot, but I'll save that for another day.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-07-03, 19:09   Link #4325
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
A flashback arc would be nice, but not before we settle the current storyline down to something a little slower-paced.

There is one issue I thought of, and it concerns the "donor flesh" Raki got from the Destroyer. If Raki's DNA become meshed with that of the Destroyer's, and Claire's DNA meshes with that of the Destroyer, wouldn't they be a lot like half brother/half sister or cousins even? I'm just saying having the same donor flesh would, if it were possible, lead to some intriguing and controversial problems regarding any possible Claire-Raki romance. Although, to be fair, nobody knows about such things in the Claymore age, and in all likelihood it wouldn't really matter UNLESS Claire and Raki were to have children together.

Of course, judging by current events, those kids would be "cute" little monsters. Then of course there are all sorts of issues with keeping your kids from exceeding their Yoki limits and whatnot, but I'll save that for another day.
not really its kinda the same as getting a blood donation from your partner (which has happened).

while they both have flesh from the same monster the actual dna it wouldn't have much effect in terms of any children since the parents dna would still be mainly their own (though it would boost the children's yoki levels up heaps due to having compatible parents with the same donor flesh)

but there's also the fact that a natural hybrid would have far better control than an unnatural hybrid so things like yoki going out of control would be hard, the only thing clare and raki would have to worry about is temper tantrums from a super powered kid lol (and keeping their children separated from normal human children due to the difference in strength).

if you wish to be technical it would be kinda like (which is legal in japan) very distant cousins marrying considering the destroyer only makes up a very tiny portion of clare (considering she has teresa & illena's flesh too aswell as her own)

but yea things like that wouldn't have much effect since if you gain donor organs/parts from someone now it doesn't mean you can't have a relationship with them or their families (so doesn't count as incest).
Old 2010-07-03, 19:11   Link #4326
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Revan, everything you're saying, from the children's behavior, to whether or not them getting together would mess them up, has too many unknowns to even begin figuring it out. I do however agree with Kenshin, in that natural hybrids would definitely control their powers much better then those who underwent the operation, because it's a part of them since birth.
Old 2010-07-04, 03:46   Link #4327
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Revan, everything you're saying, from the children's behavior, to whether or not them getting together would mess them up, has too many unknowns to even begin figuring it out. I do however agree with Kenshin, in that natural hybrids would definitely control their powers much better then those who underwent the operation, because it's a part of them since birth.
children of incest usually have no weird effects ( its about 4-5 generations of continual inbreeding that anything weird happens.)

but in Raki and Clares case you couldn't call it "incest" as the donor flesh is not a natural part of them

in Clares case she is made up of herself, teresa , illena , raphaela & lucelia (so 2/5's destroyer)

in Raki's case 1/2 * destroyer (though its possible Isley/Priscilla did something which could extend that number further to 1/3)

if they had children the small portion of destroyer flesh would have no real effect and as its not a natural part of the parents dna wouldn't cause any weird effects on children.

I've never heard of a case where someone with a donor organ passes on genes of the donor to children.

Last edited by evil_kenshin; 2010-07-04 at 04:03.
Old 2010-07-04, 12:38   Link #4328
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
children of incest usually have no weird effects ( its about 4-5 generations of continual inbreeding that anything weird happens.)

but in Raki and Clares case you couldn't call it "incest" as the donor flesh is not a natural part of them

in Clares case she is made up of herself, teresa , illena , raphaela & lucelia (so 2/5's destroyer)

in Raki's case 1/2 * destroyer (though its possible Isley/Priscilla did something which could extend that number further to 1/3)

if they had children the small portion of destroyer flesh would have no real effect and as its not a natural part of the parents dna wouldn't cause any weird effects on children.

I've never heard of a case where someone with a donor organ passes on genes of the donor to children.
Yes, but in the Claymore world, when they get donor flesh, it happens to change their DNA, behavior and their body's natural abilities. Look at what happened when Claire received Teresa's flesh and blood. It's obvious that we had a DNA modification when Teresa's flesh and blood were surgically implanted into Claire. Also unlike real life, there was no immune system response to this or Claire taking on Irene's arm. I would guess, going by Teresa's precedent, that if Claire were an ordinary girl and received Irene's arm, she would become a (albeit) weak claymore.

With the Destroyer having donated (or is it absorbed?) itself to reconstructing Claire's body, I'd like to suggest that what happened with Teresa seems to be happening again. When Claire emerges, as I think is likely, we'll find her with a similar looking but mostly new body and flesh. The question I have for Yagi regards what comes after Priscilla presumably is beaten. Does Claire attack the Organization? Does she go nuts and attack her own comrades? Do Miria/Galatea try to turn Claire back? Will Raki be affected by having the donor flesh come from the Destroyer when he meets the "new Claire"?

The biggest question is what Raki and Claire become after the process is complete. Will Raki be a claymore or a half-awakened being? Will Claire be an Awakened Being in all regards or different somehow?

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-07-04, 18:07   Link #4329
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Yes, but in the Claymore world, when they get donor flesh, it happens to change their DNA, behavior and their body's natural abilities. Look at what happened when Claire received Teresa's flesh and blood. It's obvious that we had a DNA modification when Teresa's flesh and blood were surgically implanted into Claire. Also unlike real life, there was no immune system response to this or Claire taking on Irene's arm. I would guess, going by Teresa's precedent, that if Claire were an ordinary girl and received Irene's arm, she would become a (albeit) weak claymore.

With the Destroyer having donated (or is it absorbed?) itself to reconstructing Claire's body, I'd like to suggest that what happened with Teresa seems to be happening again. When Claire emerges, as I think is likely, we'll find her with a similar looking but mostly new body and flesh. The question I have for Yagi regards what comes after Priscilla presumably is beaten. Does Claire attack the Organization? Does she go nuts and attack her own comrades? Do Miria/Galatea try to turn Claire back? Will Raki be affected by having the donor flesh come from the Destroyer when he meets the "new Claire"?

The biggest question is what Raki and Claire become after the process is complete. Will Raki be a claymore or a half-awakened being? Will Claire be an Awakened Being in all regards or different somehow?
Even so due to Clare + Raki having their own genes it wouldn't cause any effects on the kids (though I have no doubt they'd have their own yoki) as they still retain at least a majority of their own dna and yagi hasn't been ashamed to create odd pairings before (Duaf and Riful) though there would be nothing weird about Raki + Clare even with the same donor flesh.

As for your other two questions they are both interesting. Possibly Galatae or maybe even Raki will be needed to bring Clare back in control but I can't see her killing her own comrades but then again yagi is full of surprises.

I believe due to sharing similar donor flesh it would result in them having very strong yoki linking abilities. Perhaps due to their similar donor flesh being near each other would result in them being stronger than normal due to having the "other half" nearby?

Raki will be a unique being since the destroyer flesh is not like any other flesh before (considering it was even able to transform AB's) so it wouldn't result in any traditional claymore, AB or AF.

eitherway hopefully by chapter 110 we find out about Raki.
Old 2010-07-07, 22:48   Link #4330
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
eitherway hopefully by chapter 110 we find out about Raki.
i certainly hope so too. but i think we'll finally get a glimpse of him in chapter 115 or so. chapter 110 seems a bit too soon imho.

neway, on a different note.. i was bummed out that there was only one claymore cosplayer at anime expo. lol i also went through all the artist alley and art shows but didn't see any claymore drawings too.

i was also hoping that i'd see a raki and steal him. XD lol
Old 2010-07-08, 04:10   Link #4331
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
i certainly hope so too. but i think we'll finally get a glimpse of him in chapter 115 or so. chapter 110 seems a bit too soon imho.

neway, on a different note.. i was bummed out that there was only one claymore cosplayer at anime expo. lol i also went through all the artist alley and art shows but didn't see any claymore drawings too.

i was also hoping that i'd see a raki and steal him. XD lol
lol the last time I went to a anime convention (manifest 2008) there were mainly Inuyasha, Neon Genesis & Naruto cosplayers (had my picture taken with some of the cosplayers) my favourite though was a very hot girl (about 19-20 from looks) dressed up as Sakura from cardcaptors lol

The problem for me with anime expo's is I tend to spend big but due to a bad experience at manifest 2008 (which considering the manifest & madman forums was not only just me) regarding very rude staff I haven't gone back.

Worst was when I was with my friends watching the cosplay competition a very rude staff member came over screaming at people to move over (a guy had gotten up to go to the toilet which is why there was a gap) she reminded me of one of my old managers at work lol.
Old 2010-07-17, 00:56   Link #4332
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i'd be somewhat disappointed when prissy dies, she doesn't say anything about raki to clare. to make it worst, raki gets brainwashed and forgets being with chibi prissy those past seven years.

we all expect prissy to say something about raki to clare right? lol you know that i do~!!
Old 2010-07-17, 09:23   Link #4333
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
raki gets brainwashed and forgets being with chibi prissy and also Clare.
A very likely scenario, but I'm guessing he would remember her in the end, it would be up to Clare to remind him of the good times.
Old 2010-07-17, 09:53   Link #4334
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
A very likely scenario, but I'm guessing he would remember her in the end, it would be up to Clare to remind him of the good times.
nah he won't forget Clare. Its best for Clare if she never finds out Raki's connection to Priscilla & its best Raki forgets Priscilla (that way there would be no awkwardness between Raki and Clare when they first meet)
Old 2010-07-17, 10:30   Link #4335
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
i'd be somewhat disappointed when prissy dies, she doesn't say anything about raki to clare. to make it worst, raki gets brainwashed and forgets being with chibi prissy those past seven years.

we all expect prissy to say something about raki to clare right? lol you know that i do~!!
I sure would; above all else, it would be kind of stupid if the only people who know of the relationship between the two would be us, the readers.
Old 2010-07-17, 10:37   Link #4336
evil_kenshin

Quote:
I sure would; above all else, it would be kind of stupid if the only people who know of the relationship between the two would be us, the readers.
maybe but at this point in time I don't think anyone but us (and Raki + Priscilla) would know about Isley being Raki's teacher so its possible regarding Priscilla & Raki too. Forgive me for using it as an example lol but in the anime while Raki saved Priscilla's life Clare never found out there was any connection to them for all she knew Raki had never met Priscilla til reuniting with Clare.

Kinda like how alot of people were certain Renee was still alive to deliver the message to Clare about Raki. That was shot out the window quiet quickly (the "Renee lets Clare know Raki is travelling with a powerful AB and Clare goes desperately searching for Raki finds him and the showdown between Clare & Priscilla happens then theory).
Old 2010-07-17, 10:56   Link #4337
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
maybe but at this point in time I don't think anyone but us (and Raki + Priscilla) would know about Isley being Raki's teacher so its possible regarding Priscilla & Raki too. Forgive me for using it as an example lol but in the anime while Raki saved Priscilla's life Clare never found out there was any connection to them for all she knew Raki had never met Priscilla til reuniting with Clare.

Kinda like how alot of people were certain Renee was still alive to deliver the message to Clare about Raki. That was shot out the window quiet quickly (the "Renee lets Clare know Raki is travelling with a powerful AB and Clare goes desperately searching for Raki finds him and the showdown between Clare & Priscilla happens then theory).
Well, sure, right now we're the only ones who know. I just hope in the future, the relationship he had with the two of them is known to all, including Claire.
Old 2010-07-17, 10:59   Link #4338
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Well, sure, right now we're the only ones who know. I just hope in the future, the relationship he had with the two of them is known to all, including Claire.
i agree.. for their relationship to work, each must know the complete truth. i don't think clare would be upset with raki cuz he's being honest. just thankful he's alive all this time.
Old 2010-07-17, 11:00   Link #4339
evil_kenshin

Quote:
wouldn't that cause problems between Raki and Clare though. While not from Raki's end but Clare would find it hard to be near Raki due to his time (aswell as her smell considering if Clares smell can rub off on Raki then Priscilla's smell should be able to aswell and Priscilla was sleeping with Raki so would be alot stronger)
Old 2010-07-17, 11:03   Link #4340
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
wouldn't that cause problems between Raki and Clare though. While not from Raki's end but Clare would find it hard to be near Raki due to his time (aswell as her smell considering if Clares smell can rub off on Raki then Priscilla's smell should be able to aswell and Priscilla was sleeping with Raki so would be alot stronger)
i don't think so. better finding out sooner and than later. like 10 to 15 years later.. then clare would be really upset since raki's been holding back some infomation regarding prissy. the sooner the better..
Closed Thread