Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-15, 16:21   Link #321
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
The ED...WTF? Skipped through to it, and thought someone had tacked on a completely different shows ending. I'm sure "Another" would take all those severed body parts off your hands, Symphogear
Yeah, I really don't like the ED and won't watch it again (in fact, I'm going to skip the OP of Another, as well). It really does not seem like it was coordinated with the rest of the show at all.
Old 2012-01-15, 16:51   Link #322
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
a calculated decision to generate some controversy.
As Kazu-kun said, uh, you just described trolling.

And it took it too far for controversy (
Spoiler:
) it made people drop their show because of how radically differently aimed the proposed lead characters are from the actual lead who "stole" the show via the troll and therefore show they're getting with Hibiki. It's like trolling with promos of an Alucard (who brings in certain viewers with his striking design in the promo posters and cool moves in the trailers) and then killing him a few minutes in and admitting you'll never see him again and revealing we'll actually be following over-done whiny brat Shu from Guilty Crown for the whole show.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-15 at 17:01.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 16:55   Link #323
xizro345
King's Justice

People dropping the show for this? Is that even possible? I can think more serious reasons or possible concerns than this.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 17:12   Link #324
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
People dropping the show for this? Is that even possible? I can think more serious reasons or possible concerns than this.
To each their own. I did drop it for that reason.
Old 2012-01-15, 17:21   Link #325
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I feel the same since it'll be more understanding why people are dropping Symphogear if it was like Madoka Magica level darkness then all the sudden the next episode is Bo-bobo Bo-bobobo or Nichijou level humor. I guess people's mileage varies when it comes to it.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 19:01   Link #326
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
if it was like Madoka Magica level darkness
And even the ED portrayed that.
However, Symphogear tended to resemble Madoka Magica too much, so it will be labeled as "Meguca rip-off", and that gives a negative image for loyalists of Madoka Magica and those who seek truly original anime (which doesn't "ride on another series' triumph").
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 20:15   Link #327
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasirgan View Post
All of you talking about how they might kill off Tsubasa as well makes me really nervous. Kanade's death left me so upset and angry, so if Tsubasa were to die so soon (or at all, because Tsubasa and Kanade are my favourite characters (after only one episode, ha!)), I would... uh... fly over to Japan and smash the heads of those responsible in?
Given the amount of trolling we've already seen, I wouldn't be surprised if they kill Tsubasa soon as well.

We've already had shows that had a "monster of the week". If this killing heroines trend continues, we might get soon a "heroine of the week" show, where the heroine dies at the end or even during the current episode, and they'll pull a new one out of their ass the next episode... let's hope it doesn't get that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Ugh, I hope not. As much as I love Kanade I don't want to see her in every episode in a flashback as reminder that she is dead.
Same here. Either revive her (which I would prefer), or let her be dead, but flashbacks are just retarded trolling.
Old 2012-01-15, 20:45   Link #328
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Basically, I don't get monster shows. They just make no emotional sense to me. But the first episode of this one somehow held my attention. Perhaps it was Yuuki Aoi, who is the only reason I am watching in the first place. I really didn't like her first few minutes, but then she brought out more emotion and more of her humorous twists and unique sounds and I started to like the character.

And perhaps it was the fluid and colourful monster design by okama, the well-known illustrator who designed the world for Astarotte no Omocha.

Of course, not being much of a fan of Mizuki Nana, it doesn't particularly bother me that she is gone. But I can certainly respect the feelings of her many devoted fans. And her singing remains in the OP/ED. As for the character, that sort of ideal character doesn't do as much for me as it apparently does for many people who are no longer here.

Ao-chan can just sing enough that engineering wizardry can make her voice sound okay. I enjoyed Takayama Minami (Kanade) and Iguchi Yuka (Mirai).

I loved the final image of leveled-up dark Hibiki. So far, I'm enjoying Hibiki's character here more than I did the analogous Madoka, to be honest.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 20:51   Link #329
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm quite surprised the OP is already released.. Is this the generation where OP/EDs fully release in a matter of days now?
Old 2012-01-15, 21:03   Link #330
Midonin
Last Engage

The only reason this show's released so quickly is because it's Nana Mizuki. Every other show is taking the normal amount of time between airing and release.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 21:06   Link #331
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Such a shame~ Either way, Tsubasa will definitely be sticking around for the emotional "My partner died and I blame you" parts. While slowly building a friendship/partnership with Hibiki over the course of time. Also, it's Nana Mizuki we're talking about. Losing her early game will be a disappointment to the fans, and she will definitely not lose to Hibiki in a fight.
Old 2012-01-15, 21:26   Link #332
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Basically, I don't get monster shows. They just make no emotional sense to me. But the first episode of this one somehow held my attention. Perhaps it was Yuuki Aoi, who is the only reason I am watching in the first place. I really didn't like her first few minutes, but then she brought out more emotion and more of her humorous twists and unique sounds and I started to like the character.

And perhaps it was the fluid and colourful monster design by okama, the well-known illustrator who designed the world for Astarotte no Omocha.

Of course, not being much of a fan of Mizuki Nana, it doesn't particularly bother me that she is gone. But I can certainly respect the feelings of her many devoted fans. And her singing remains in the OP/ED. As for the character, that sort of ideal character doesn't do as much for me as it apparently does for many people who are no longer here.

Ao-chan can just sing enough that engineering wizardry can make her voice sound okay. I enjoyed Takayama Minami (Kanade) and Iguchi Yuka (Mirai).

I loved the final image of leveled-up dark Hibiki. So far, I'm enjoying Hibiki's character here more than I did the analogous Madoka, to be honest.
Mizuki Nana's the blue-haired Tsubasa. Kanade (Takayama Minami) is the one who died.

Hibiki became interesting for me in episode 2, indeed somewhat in the way she contrasts to Madoka. Frankly, though, while I feel Madoka is a much more important work on the level of its thematic gravity, I think that comparisons of Symphogear with that show should be discouraged. The two have established much different aims.

Symphogear's strength, I imagine, will be in its emotional intensity. Madoka was more cerebral, gaining emotional force by the end only if you bought into its "hope out of despair" resolution. Symphogear's narrative is frankly more messy and chaotic, but I sense it going all-in with its characterization such that it will be a more cathartic experience. This show isn't aiming to copy Madoka. This should be clear to the audience. While the writers' status as novices is pretty obvious in the composition, I can more or less feel that they're putting their real feelings into it.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 23:31   Link #333
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
Yeah, I really don't like the ED and won't watch it again (in fact, I'm going to skip the OP of Another, as well). It really does not seem like it was coordinated with the rest of the show at all.
It's the same with Madoka....foreshadowing?
Old 2012-01-15, 23:40   Link #334
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's the same with Madoka....foreshadowing?
Except the ED of madoka wasn't shown until the true nature of the show was confirmed
Old 2012-01-15, 23:52   Link #335
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Well Hibiki being six feet under was the first thing we see....

Also.....best OP of the season...
Old 2012-01-16, 00:07   Link #336
Shadow5YA

It's not THAT new to foreshadow a main character's death at the beginning of the series. Ever read Romeo and Juliet?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 00:23   Link #337
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Relics... Tsubasa... Okay, WHO let Jail Scagletti into this world?!
Old 2012-01-16, 00:31   Link #338
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
anyone else loled when one of Hibiki's classmates said that Hibiki is like an anime character?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 01:55   Link #339
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I can't really explain why, as this should never be on my must see list, but this is the number one new show for me, and the only one that I was remotely excited to watch when episode two came around.

Some random thoughts so far:

* Does anyone remember when we thought Guilty Crown was supposed to feature singing prominently? That was probably back when we thought it'd have a real plot.

* Blood! Blood is good!

* Over-the-top can be good! I think I'm one of the few people who didn't enjoy Gurren Lagann, but this show kind of does that over-the-top vibe without being completely stupid. Yay!

* I like Hibiki. Can't wait to see what horrible price she's going to pay that leads to her eventual death. Despair! Yay!

* I doubt Tsubasa is dying anytime soon. Thematically, it wouldn't make sense with the whole Kanade x Tsubasa interplay from episode one. That said, I won't lie; I will lol if this show ends up defying expectations and decides to go the kill 'em all route.

* Seeing how much I'm enjoying a show I wouldn't have even given a glance if a certain group hadn't fansubbed it, I'm very sad that it's only one cour.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 01:59   Link #340
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Relics... Tsubasa... Okay, WHO let Jail Scagletti into this world?!
Glad I'm not the only person that been seeing Nanoha connections. Anyway I think he let himself in

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy