AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-22, 07:47   Link #19081
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Stratos - I just don't understand some peoples complaints. If you want reviews, why not go somewhere like the Naruto or Code Geass archive where every story gets about 50 on average? IS isn't a mainstream anime, so expecting loads of reviews doesn't really hold. Hell, the most highest reviewed fanfics have the same people reviewing multiple times and not actually 100 different people doing it.

Then I can help with that
I noticed that and frankly speaking. My impression at the moment is that mainstream animes have a trippy fanbase.

Keeping a lot of details in check knowing that alot of people are keeping an eye out for them isn't really my ideal way to start out my fanfic hobby.

Then again, aside from reviews, there's always the traffic log. Seeing Bouclier clocking up 3K+ hits with Saber at 900 really surprised me since those two stories are pratically my first attempts at fanfiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachiyo View Post
@Stratos, your story is more popular than mine -_- u got more reviews, so be happy ^^
As I mention in my fics, I always appreciate reviews, be it good or bad ones... unless they're flat out trolls. ^^
Old 2012-01-22, 07:48   Link #19082
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meistah - What? How is Ichika an antagonist? He never does anything wrong.
Exactly how he can become an antagonist. Because, even when you are sticking to your ideals, the good guys may not always agree on the method. But it's just a theory at this point in time...

If what I'm writing about the Kingdom of Ea, Ichika being an ISper, the nature of IS in general, and the plans of the one named Byakushiki are anything to go by, I think I have enough to make everyone go "wait, that makes sense, but still, what?!"
Old 2012-01-22, 07:49   Link #19083
Eratas123

I've got 12k so far in Daydreams Really wasn't expecting that for a fic where I did it while I was losing sleep and generally sucked at romance

@ Senpai - Remember that just becuase they're holding the POV doesn't meant they're good. The good guys could be the bad guys for all we know. What if the story didn't focus on Lelouch during code geass but Suzaku instead? You can bet Lelouch wouldn't be the Good guy in that case. Same goes for your fic. Maybe Ichika's doing the right thing and the St@rs are the one's in wrong. maybe they're not. It's the beauty of POV shifting
Old 2012-01-22, 07:51   Link #19084
MaRv3n054
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachiyo View Post
Really, 20 legal age? Here in the Philippines kids aged around 11-13 are already smoking and drinking
Sad, but true.
MaRv3n054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 07:54   Link #19085
Eratas123

At least we don't have teenagers buying guns from wherever they want.
Old 2012-01-22, 07:59   Link #19086
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Senpai - Remember that just becuase they're holding the POV doesn't meant they're good. The good guys could be the bad guys for all we know. What if the story didn't focus on Lelouch during code geass but Suzaku instead? You can bet Lelouch wouldn't be the Good guy in that case. Same goes for your fic. Maybe Ichika's doing the right thing and the St@rs are the one's in wrong. maybe they're not. It's the beauty of POV shifting
Yes, this is part of the reason for season 7's craziness.

This is going to be so FUN!

But first, I need to progress Karon out of the pillow-chewing stage of her life.

*writes furiously*
Old 2012-01-22, 08:01   Link #19087
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Eras, your directional conversation is screwed

That aside, there WILL be consequences, HUGE consequences, because a child born out of marriage is... well...
Old 2012-01-22, 08:04   Link #19088
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Woohps, typo on who I sent the message to Anyway, your series reminds me of a light hearted version of metal gear. The games start out Black and white, till you see the character's backstories, motivations, and who exactly you're fighting for. By the end, it's unknown if you winning is the good or bad thing and if your player dying is actually the good thing for the world at large.

@ Senpai - What kind of kid do you think Ichika will get along with the most?

Side note - So, what? He'll be forced to marry the person he had a kid with?

@ Stratos - Any plans of timeskipping to the future like most fics do?
Old 2012-01-22, 08:09   Link #19089
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Never mind the rant, I am just tired because I had been working on the enemies, the plan/time table to do both the male and female story (chronological order).....until 4am in the morning (that post about working on it for four hours is basically this happening in the background) and my family woke me up at 8am for spring cleaning (I just woke up from a nap btw).

@Eratas: Sorry, Your advice is good but I actually need a bit of Criticism (ensuring Gray stu level stay at certain range) but never mind, new direction is still working out fine.

No restriction fit my style better anyway.

But I would still need help on the story though (this time, not concept or idea but the actual full draft will be prepared ).

Writing report (My own personal analysis on my own story since nobody commented on my story *sigh* I had to do my own self-analysis. Sorry for being a sorry-being who had to comment on his own story.):
Spoiler for Cutted for length:
Old 2012-01-22, 08:10   Link #19090
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Scenario:

1. Thew kid is adopted by a proper family (in short, Ichika is being irresponsible and thrown his own kid away)
2. the child will be kept by Ichika's parental figure (in Ichika's case: Chifuyu) Until Ichika is fully matured and able to support the child in all aspect.
Old 2012-01-22, 08:14   Link #19091
Eratas123

@ Treme - Fire doesn't have to be shown outwardly through energy. Kyon is actually a very determined individual despite being deadpan and lazy most of the time. Tsukune Aono is this as well despite being a nice guy most of the time. It's your actions that determine your fire.

@ Senpai - Will this apply in something like Future Imperfect? Also, will the government interfere once they realize his male kids can also pilot an IS?
Old 2012-01-22, 08:16   Link #19092
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - Any plans of timeskipping to the future like most fics do?
Yes, definitely.

Also, how are the first years classes numbered? As in for Class One, is it something like Class 1-1 followed by 1-2 for Class two?
Old 2012-01-22, 08:19   Link #19093
Eratas123

Same thing.

1st year: 1-1, 1-2, 1-3.

2nd year: 2-1, 2-2, 2-3.
Old 2012-01-22, 08:20   Link #19094
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meistah - Woohps, typo on who I sent the message to Anyway, your series reminds me of a light hearted version of metal gear. The games start out Black and white, till you see the character's backstories, motivations, and who exactly you're fighting for. By the end, it's unknown if you winning is the good or bad thing and if your player dying is actually the good thing for the world at large.
It is still an Idol story however, so for all the intrigue when getting there, there's a nice happy ending where everyone's happy (and setting up for the nigh impossible sequel, if EVER.)
Old 2012-01-22, 08:22   Link #19095
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Also lolling at the fact that you upped the romance for everyone Never thought I'd see Celeste with an LI

Side note - Watch the anime Kill me baby It might give you some inspiration for writing
Old 2012-01-22, 08:23   Link #19096
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Same thing.

1st year: 1-1, 1-2, 1-3.

2nd year: 2-1, 2-2, 2-3.
Cool!

Part of the scene I'm currently working on

Spoiler for Shit hits the fan... cont'd:

A rare case where Inami doesn't wait for details. The idea that students are in danger are good enough of a reason for him to sortie.
Old 2012-01-22, 08:24   Link #19097
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meistah - Also lolling at the fact that you upped the romance for everyone Never thought I'd see Celeste with an LI

Side note - Watch the anime Kill me baby It might give you some inspiration for writing
1) Me neither. But when it hit me, I knew it had to be done.

2) Already have. But its a distraction so far.
Old 2012-01-22, 08:28   Link #19098
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

SO, 7 season and sthere's still sequel, oh man....

@ Eras

It is possible, but really, they won't try to keep the kids in this era, instead, they WILL ensure that in nthe next decades, Orimura offspring has to born safely and grown properly.

Worst case, they're manipulated for interbreeding, squick as it sounded, it's the best way to preserve the mysterious orimura genes.

Side note - The hell, My drawing of ShiroKishi overshadowed Setsura in terms of size! Gary Stu Alert!
Old 2012-01-22, 08:28   Link #19099
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
@ Treme - Fire doesn't have to be shown outwardly through energy. Kyon is actually a very determined individual despite being deadpan and lazy most of the time. Tsukune Aono is this as well despite being a nice guy most of the time. It's your actions that determine your fire.

@ Senpai - Will this apply in something like Future Imperfect? Also, will the government interfere once they realize his male kids can also pilot an IS?
If you think that way for Ignis, it means epic fail for me.... My original plan for Ignis is not this kind of fire.... His personality is supposed to be the red flame (explosive outward energy kind of fire) but go blue flame (calm but determined) over time.

If he start from Blue flame first, it means I failed on writing him.

Isn't it a little too late for this... after all I am working on the new character.
Old 2012-01-22, 08:28   Link #19100
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Also laughing at the fact that you took Karon's LI's and gave them to the others. Now she's mostly stuck by her lonesome and her flatter chest

@ Stratos - Shouldn't the teachers be helping as well? They are equipped to deal with threats, after all.

@ Senpai - Hm, I'm wondering if I should have he kids disappear at the end of the story back to their own time or choose to stay behind since now they have a new family there. Any idea?

@ Treme - How could someone who's lazy be a red fire? Anyway, both fires have their merits.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest