AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-13, 09:03   Link #1
james0246

One Piece - Chapter 600 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Since Marvel appears to be missing (presumed dead), I guess I'll start the thread.

We don’t have a complete spoiler yet, but there are lots of fun pieces.

Quote:
-Chopper, while looking for Fake-Robin, meets up with Nami and Usopp. They explain the imposters, and take Chopper with them to Thousand Sunny.

-Meanwhile, Zoro and Sanji “talk”. As usual, their conversation almost turns into a battle to the death…

-Cut to, Fake-Luffy giving a speech to all his new crew (various bounties are given for some of the crew). Surprisingly enough, Luffy, in his mustachioed disguise, is also there. He had found Fake-Sanji and Fake-Zoro, and much the same as Chopper, had thought the two were the real Sanji and Zoro. The imposters, not wanting to give away their disguise, and realizing that the man is the same who attacked their boss, refuse to speak to him, but instead present him to their boss (who was looking for the man that KO’d him).

-Cut to Chopper, Nami and Usopp, who had finally reached Thousand Sunny, meeting up with Franky and Robin. Chopper is amazed by Franky’s new body, wondering if he can shoot lasers. Franky shows off various upgrades (including the ability to regrow his hair, and small hands that pop out of his gargantuan hands, etc). Chopper expresses a desire to see any new weapons on the Thousand Sunny, but Franky refuses to give away the ships secrets until Luffy arrives.

-Cut to Brook, who, whilst performing his final show, explains who he is, and the fact that Strawhat Luffy is still alive, and that he will become the Pirate King. The marines attempt to attack Brook on stage, only for the audience to stop them. Brook then starts his farewell song.

-Cut back to the Thousand, where Rayleigh and Shakky arrive to teach Nami how to control a coated ship, and explain just what the heck is going on…
Old 2010-10-13, 09:19   Link #2
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
-Cut to Brook, who, whilst performing his final show, explains who he is, and the fact that Strawhat Luffy is still alive, and that he will become the Pirate King. The marines attempt to attack Brook on stage, only for the audience to stop them. Brook then starts his farewell song.
o.o;
I know that this going to happen, but it's still good to see it actually happens ;(
So Luffy is being dragged to the fake-Luffy...I wonder if he's going to introduce himself as Luffy

Old 2010-10-13, 09:20   Link #3
andy

Franky hair is back which is awesome.
Luffy is still stupid he with the fake sanji and zoro .
Old 2010-10-13, 09:23   Link #4
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

no action...
Old 2010-10-13, 09:24   Link #5
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
no action...
Yeah, this is essentially a dialogue driven chapter...at least the 6-10 pages of spoiler images we know so far.
Old 2010-10-13, 09:39   Link #6
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
small hands that pop out of his gargantuan hands
This must be the highlight of the chapter This sounds somewhat stalling, I hope that they'll at least meet up and go somewhere in the following 2 chapters. Not saying that goofing around ain't bad, but it has been 2 years since Luffy last made a move...
Old 2010-10-13, 11:06   Link #7
Miccheru

choppers cluelessness disapeared +1
zorro + sanji fight +1
franky's small hands +1
rematch Fake luffy vs Luffy +1
franky's hair +1
no complete reunion -1
brook -1

So its going to be a pretty could chapter I think

Last edited by Miccheru; 2010-10-13 at 12:31.
Old 2010-10-13, 11:09   Link #8
ShadowKiko

What i like the most so far after the time skip is the fact that i read the chapters and still feels like im reading One Piece and not One Piece Z or One Piece Shippuden... Luffy's stronger but still pretty much the old baka luffy we know... the same goes for the other characters...
Im glad that it came out this way...
Still i want to see some action now... it has been a while since we've seen the whole crew in an arc together... still... its understandable that Oda is taking time to get on the right pace for the new world... And thank god Franky's hair is back

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-10-13, 11:21   Link #9
Wrath88
Kissing...

LOL, power to regrow hair... for some reason, that reminds me of those abilities in Law of Ueki
Old 2010-10-13, 11:39   Link #10
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

so luffy will knock out the entire fake crew and leave. the marines will drop by and wonder what happen.
Old 2010-10-13, 12:14   Link #11
tsunade666

but it looks like that chapter 600 ends with Raileigh explaining something.

I wish the current story stops and onto the marine.

Sentoumarous should be arriving any moment now. I want to see the new tricks the star hat crew would do but ODA is really killing us with this waiting.
Old 2010-10-13, 12:36   Link #12
pampz21
ShipCore

well to sum it up we got....
the crew reunion except for the captain
and a major beat down on the fakes!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-10-13, 12:42   Link #13
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I can't help but wonder if Franky's retractable hair was a response to how much the fans disliked the lack of it.

If it was, Oda made pretty clever decision that actually works considering it's Franky. I mean, his sideburns could always grow back after Triangle Jacker no?
Old 2010-10-13, 13:26   Link #14
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so luffy will knock out the entire fake crew and leave. the marines will drop by and wonder what happen.
Hm, that's pretty much what I was thinking when I read the spoiler.
Old 2010-10-13, 13:28   Link #15
metharan

Oda is a genius! Love the hair growing upgrade!!!
Old 2010-10-13, 13:45   Link #16
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So Oda gave Franky retractable hair to appease those who like his bald look and his classical look. Pretty good idea there.
Old 2010-10-13, 14:30   Link #17
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Its only hair.

I don't see why its such a big deal.
Old 2010-10-13, 14:30   Link #18
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Its only hair.

I don't see why its such a big deal.
wait till your 30 and you start losing it
Old 2010-10-13, 14:31   Link #19
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
So Oda gave Franky retractable hair to appease those who like his bald look and his classical look. Pretty good idea there.
Franky should probably teach the retractable hair feature to Brook so he wouldn't worry of having his hair damaged in battle. Afterall, Brook did say he wanted to have his hair in place when he sees his old friend Laboon.
Old 2010-10-13, 15:27   Link #20
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Franky should probably teach the retractable hair feature to Brook so he wouldn't worry of having his hair damaged in battle. Afterall, Brook did say he wanted to have his hair in place when he sees his old friend Laboon.
I'm pretty sure it's technology, not a technique that allows franky's hair to grow on command. then again, maybe he use it on brook too, since he has lots of room in that head of his, since it's just a skull (Skull Joke!)