AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-10, 15:17   Link #1081
nanafan
horo fan

i don't know if i could ever be a translater that would be tough.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 05:11   Link #1082
Rykielz

I just started watching Nana, up to ep. 18 and so far its amazing... I dont think I've ever seen an anime quite like this one before.
Komatsu Nana seems like the type of girl that I would hate to fall in love with (her being needy and everything) but I cant help loving her, well her character anyway.
I dont know what it is.. maybe its her voice in the beginning of every episode, it sounds kinda sad (to me), but it seems like she is more mature... I dont know...
hell I dont even know why I am writing this.. it has no point what so ever, but I have to say it because well... I cant say it anywhere else (none of my friends really like anime :/ )

anyway to keep this on topic; It seems like nana is telling a story of her past with Nana (other nana), does it keep going that way for 40-something episodes, or will it get back into real time (so to speak). If it is something that is important to the story then dont tell me, I dont want to spoil it. I enjoy it too much XD (I am lame /sigh)
Rykielz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 11:57   Link #1083
Xiaolang

Thumbs up

I too have recently watched Nana. After watching a number of comedy series in the past year, Nana is a good change of pace. It reminded me of Beck (Mongolian Chop Squad), To-y, Gravitation, and many others because naturally it revolves on music. But Nana is so much more.

I know that Nana is wildly popular in Japan in the last 5 years since it debuted, but it's surprising that the series only made a small dent here in the United States, at least among the anime fandom.

Granted, the series has its flaws. I'm surprised that even though it's animated by Madhouse, the animation quality goes from mediocre to bad; however, when there's a serious situation, the animation does get better. Also, the series has a bit of high school drama/daytime soap opera vibe that may turn off a lot of people, perhaps mostly men. But speaking as a guy who watches way too much anime, Nana strikes a nice balance between the good times and the bad times, and that's appealing to me.

Nana is crack. Just last night, after a long day at work, I watched about 12 straight episodes of Nana, and I'm now on episode 16! I can't wait to get to the end of the first season, and I hope that they produce more episodes in the future.
Xiaolang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 12:43   Link #1084
nanafan
horo fan

they will since it's so popular. i started watching it when it just came out last year. i loved it for a while then when i got further for some reason i stopped but then picked it up and love it again.. i also have some of the manga..if i could i would buy all the manga..
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 07:43   Link #1085
Kamiko

Wink

I've been following this anime since it was first fansubbed. I was very fond of Parakiss and I wanted to see what Nana was all about. D: I cant wait for the newest episode to be released! Hope you all are enjoying the story's little twists and the quirky characters as much as I am <3
Kamiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 05:20   Link #1086
tritoch

Err to the obsessed fans.. Where can you buy an armor ring similar to what Nana wears? The vivienne westwood one Nana is wearing costs 150 uk sterlings and that's around $300. I found a japanese jeweler who makes it for $100 but I dont like to deal via ebay. So if anyone have any clue to how to get the ring for way way less please tell me where to get em
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 04:51   Link #1087
Jehuty

omg Nana 45 was so awesome

Spoiler:

seriously, this anime never fails to deliver. not even once. how many episodes until the end? ;_;
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 13:03   Link #1088
beth

nana season 2?

Is there any word yet on when season 2 is going to come out? I hope they don't try to wait too long :-/
beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 17:10   Link #1089
sapphire

This series just got licensed http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ore-death-note

I'm surprised the torrents are still up! Better get the latest episode while you can..
sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 05:55   Link #1090
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Viz have announced the license for Nana at Comic Con International 2007. Link to ANN report.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 07:44   Link #1091
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Knew it was going to happen too good of a series for it not to be licensed. There are only 2 more episodes left to be subbed. I would not doubt that they will be subbed anyway.

Remember dont ask for or tell of torrents or fansubs for fear banning.
Old 2007-07-28, 20:58   Link #1092
tritoch

Viz must be looking for some young adult titles. They acquired Honey and Clover too. They must have grown tired with the shounen shows they are accustomed to acquire.
Old 2007-07-29, 02:07   Link #1093
Jehuty

>_<

Warning! Rambling ahead for ep 46 and 47...

Spoiler for GAAAHHHH!!! sore de zenbun owari da! >_<!:
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 12:22   Link #1094
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
>_<

Warning! Rambling ahead for ep 46 and 47...

Spoiler for GAAAHHHH!!! sore de zenbun owari da! >_<!:
I agree with Jehuty-chan

That sums up my opinion of the last ep.... or for the love of anime someone just kill me now.........the torture of waiting for even the manga is way to long, (in America) heck the series would be out by then!

My problem I guess is I didn't need such an "hanging" episode to keep me interested. I'm glad it's licensed however without the second season out I'm not touching it. My family is way to much like me, they need the entire thing before watching it, I want to know there's an end. An end I can handle

*About TIME Honey and Clover is out, it gives me something to look forward to besides buying up all the Hikaru no Go's I can find*
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 14:57   Link #1095
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So, the end of NANA...

I'm glad the amount of drama in the last two episodes was enough to push one through the roof, probably the most i've enjoyed this series. Still, i feel empty now its over --- not just because its over, but the feeling that we could have so much more from the story. I'm guessing the manga carries on --- i'm only upto volume 4/5, so i'm not to sure.

I enjoyed this series a lot, though its hard to say if i'd want a second season or not. I am glad that the main focus of the last episode was on Nana & Nobu, a part of the story i wanted to see more of, or an end --- if you want to call it that.
Old 2007-07-29, 16:25   Link #1096
kauldron26
Med Student

whoa.... so i finally marathoned thru nana, after waiting in torture for 7 months. i refused to watch an ep since january. im so glad i waited... it was phenomenal. i have so many questions. is the manga over??? can someone spoil us and answer all the questions. please help!
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 01:23   Link #1097
tritoch

Go ask Mr.Prophet as he's the only I know that follows the manga in here. I am not sure who follows it other than him.
Old 2007-07-30, 04:54   Link #1098
Lilith
Your average fangirl

So it's finally licensed, huh. I was planning for a marathon, but ah well...

Go go NANA! And I agree with tritoch , Viz is approaching young adults, yay!
Old 2007-07-30, 08:43   Link #1099
poptart
come tess me now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
whoa.... so i finally marathoned thru nana, after waiting in torture for 7 months. i refused to watch an ep since january. im so glad i waited... it was phenomenal. i have so many questions. is the manga over??? can someone spoil us and answer all the questions. please help!
the manga is far from over as i see it. there is still something big to reveal and loose ends surrounding it.

i feel that if a second season were to happen they have more than enough to work with.
poptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 20:20   Link #1100
PlasticYakuza
Space Pirate

Send a message via AIM to PlasticYakuza Send a message via Yahoo to PlasticYakuza
Very unfulfilling ending. I think it just guaranteed a spike in the manga sells. Probably going to pick up volume one tomorrow and work my way up.

DVD's to look forward to now to.
PlasticYakuza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance