AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-29, 23:35   Link #161
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I thought L-Elf's motives were always obvious. Liberate Dorsia and free Liselotte.

The problem is he didn't know he was going up against freaking Space Vampire Illuminati.
They are obvious, they just really haven't given a reason to give a damn about it. I mean if he wanted to be part of the revolution, why not join up with the King's Faction?

That's how I feel about it personally. I guess I'm wanting more of his back story to actually know why he's willing to liberate Dorsia and why he wants to free Liselotte. What is the situation like on Dorsia? Show more of his relationship with Liselotte.
Old 2013-06-29, 23:50   Link #162
Fjoergyn

L-elf has no geas?, is fighting with his weapons, compare lelouch is completely out of place. Their motives are a mystery but still a mortal who makes mistakes, who will win and maybe lose a lot
Old 2013-06-29, 23:54   Link #163
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
L-elf has no geas?, is fighting with his weapons, compare lelouch is completely out of place. Their motives are a mystery but still a mortal who makes mistakes, who will win and maybe lose a lot
Ok, that wasn't a fair comparison. I'll admit that. I'm guessing I just want more of his motivations.

For the longest the guy was always spot on with his strategies, I guess that's why I was so pleased to see him not have an answer for Cain.
Old 2013-06-29, 23:56   Link #164
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Hey guys, this is Saki's thread you know, I think we going a bit too off topic.
Old 2013-06-29, 23:58   Link #165
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Sorry about that
Old 2013-06-30, 10:15   Link #166
mayumi

I think Saki's acting in movies and idol ship plays a lot in some of the lines she says when she lies. It is like she knows exactly what to say as if she was doing a movie. But at the same time when her decisions screw her over she knows it her own responsibility and doesn't really blame others easily. That is something I like about her. That makes her mature.

Haruto is now able to see whenever Saki is lying. I have a weird feeling that even though Haruto will know that Saki does love him/appreciate him, she will never reveal her desire for him, never really express it truthfully. So, I think Haruto will likely split his love for both Saki and Shoko. Shoko being the outgoing girl everyone loves while Saki being the girl who lies but is someone you can really admire.
Old 2013-07-02, 07:12   Link #167
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I think this is the best place to leave it. The link speaks for itself: http://sakura-doujin.com/new-manga-s...g-saki-rukino/
Old 2013-07-02, 08:26   Link #168
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I think this is the best place to leave it. The link speaks for itself: http://sakura-doujin.com/new-manga-s...g-saki-rukino/
We know.. but thank you
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-07-04, 19:27   Link #169
Chibikiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
When is this getting released? This month?
Old 2013-09-27, 10:01   Link #170
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

There's a question that really bugs me because of the last few episodes of season one: besides being suspicious over Haruto's feelings, is Saki really supposed to be promiscious (i.e slut) when it comes to love as well her attitude towards Haruto?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-09-27, 10:09   Link #171
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
There's a question that really bugs me because of the last few episodes of season one: besides being suspicious over Haruto's feelings, is Saki really supposed to be promiscious (i.e slut) when it comes to love as well her attitude towards Haruto?
We do not know if she is promiscuous. The question is whether she was a virgin? She had a difficult life, but does not seem to worry. It's like a defense mechanism.
Old 2013-09-27, 12:54   Link #172
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

She were a virgin until that infamous scene in ep 10.
Spoiler for Spin-off Manga Spoiler:
So she is NOT a SLUT. I repeat, SAKI RUKINO is NOT a SLUT.
Old 2013-09-27, 13:03   Link #173
Chibikiwi

So a new chapter of her manga was released today.
Old 2013-09-27, 13:25   Link #174
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Not a bitch, but the writer makes it seem. She wants to behave as an adult, as if nothing mattered but we know that she is not as cold as L-Elf xD
Old 2013-09-27, 14:52   Link #175
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I wonder if that volume will reveal Saki thought she was raped or not?

What?

I'm genuinely curious!
Old 2013-10-05, 19:25   Link #176
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Not only that, but even if she hadn't been a virgin that wouldn't make her a slut. That's a really nasty slur for people to be throwing around. Geez, iirc all Saki did was say something along the lines of that she'd been in a jaded, adult world. That doesn't even imply promiscuity, let alone going as far as to throw words like slut at her.
Old 2013-10-05, 21:03   Link #177
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibikiwi View Post
So a new chapter of her manga was released today.
I guess this chapter will offer more insight into what Saki thinks of Haruto and their relationship?

Color me intrigued .
Old 2013-10-05, 21:38   Link #178
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Geez, iirc all Saki did was say something along the lines of that she'd been in a jaded, adult world.
That was obviously an attempt to push Haruto away, so yeah, she most likely was calling herself a slut. Even though anyone with a modicum of sense can tell she's bs'ing.
Old 2013-10-05, 22:03   Link #179
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Could Saki be considered the character that holds the show together?
Old 2013-10-05, 22:42   Link #180
c0de_da1sy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Could Saki be considered the character that holds the show together?
IMO, considering the fact that she only wants to interact with Haruto (so far), I would say no. She's not exactly plot relevant in S1, other than being a love-interest. She's a fallen idol, which seems somewhat out of place for a story about war.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters