Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-03, 03:34   Link #1621
KeroFaria

Send a message via MSN to KeroFaria Send a message via Yahoo to KeroFaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I don't remember that line from the fan subs at all. What episode did Rathy say that in? I want to check the official American sub to see if she says it there too.
that was in episode 7 (Colosseum)

by the way, I just uploaded my new amv the other day and it's Tears To Tiara If anyone's interested, watch it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfA1ltLk1Nc
KeroFaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 11:18   Link #1622
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeroFaria View Post
that was in episode 7 (Colosseum)
We're up to episode 5 on the US DVD. I'll keep my eyes open for what the US subs say when we watch episode 7. Thanks for letting me know.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 10:40   Link #1623
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally saw the last episode of the dub. Do you know whats very funny about this episode?
They finally corrected calling everyone Fairies to Elves! It took 26 episodes for the dubbers to realize the correct term?! lol

Anyway, hopefully Sentai or whatever the NA publishers for T3 call themselves release the dub version of T3 in the future.
Old 2010-01-20, 08:35   Link #1624
twinklestar
anime fanbot..LOL!

Maybe they've got the right translation material for that one when they're dubbing that episode.. Oh well at least its over..

I still got doubts that there would be an English dubbed version of Tears To Tiara for the U.S Market in the future..
twinklestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 16:52   Link #1625
Hitokiri82

Quote:
Although I might not have picked a British accent as the different accent, I like the idea that the Empire characters have a different accent from the Gael tribe. Same reason why I liked the idea that Arawn sounded slightly different. I'm very curious about how Taliesin sounds. When he shows up, will you post a little about his dub?
He sounded perfect for the part! (a tad gay, but aren't most bards anyway?)
Hitokiri82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 22:51   Link #1626
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitokiri82 View Post
He sounded perfect for the part! (a tad gay, but aren't most bards anyway?)
Good to know Taliesin sounded fine. Did he have an accent of any sort?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-02-27, 04:49   Link #1627
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Good to know Taliesin sounded fine. Did he have an accent of any sort?
He spoke Shakespearerian English while his accent was english with a slight french in his voice.
Old 2010-02-27, 11:18   Link #1628
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
He spoke Shakespearerian English while his accent was english with a slight french in his voice.
Cool! Now that sounds like a really nice interpretation.

Old 2010-03-15, 22:33   Link #1629
LKK

Announced today, the US Sentai version is going to be re-released. This time with a dub. Persons who bought the sub-only version (like me) will be eligible for an "upgrade" (details to be announced) rather than have to buy again at full-price. (ANN article)

Old 2010-03-16, 03:11   Link #1630
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

That's good news. Now you and your husband can watch T3 together without reading the subs.
When you finally get the Sentai dub, can tell me how the voices were (hoping they give Octavia and Lidia British accents and maybe have everyone have an likable accent.) If it sounds good, i might order the Sentai's dub version and compare the voice acting with the Animax dub version.
Old 2010-03-16, 09:13   Link #1631
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
That's good news. Now you and your husband can watch T3 together without reading the subs.
When you finally get the Sentai dub, can tell me how the voices were (hoping they give Octavia and Lidia British accents and maybe have everyone have an likable accent.) If it sounds good, i might order the Sentai's dub version and compare the voice acting with the Animax dub version.
Animax, that's whose dub you were watching. I couldn't remember for the life of me. I don't know if there'll be accents in the Sentai dub or not. The Texax VAs don't usually do accents unless the characters are noted for their "foreign" accents.

Hubby and I are about halfway through the subbed version so far. (To be specific, we're in the middle of the Lidia arc.) I'm not sure if he'd like to start over watching dubbed or not. He's enjoying it but not to the point of a rewatch, I think. I'm having fun listening to his predictions as to what's to come. He's convinced that Octavia will ultimately save the empire by reforming it, for example. And she'll likely become Arthur's wife as well. He likes Octavia. According to him, she's the only one in the cast with any sense.

Old 2010-03-16, 09:39   Link #1632
twinklestar
anime fanbot..LOL!

At least Sentai is will be releasing an U.S dubbed English version of Tears To Tiara.

I'm really happy!
twinklestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 09:46   Link #1633
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Animax, that's whose dub you were watching. I couldn't remember for the life of me. I don't know if there'll be accents in the Sentai dub or not. The Texax VAs don't usually do accents unless the characters are noted for their "foreign" accents.

Hubby and I are about halfway through the subbed version so far. (To be specific, we're in the middle of the Lidia arc.) I'm not sure if he'd like to start over watching dubbed or not. He's enjoying it but not to the point of a rewatch, I think. I'm having fun listening to his predictions as to what's to come. He's convinced that Octavia will ultimately save the empire by reforming it, for example. And she'll likely become Arthur's wife as well. He likes Octavia. According to him, she's the only one in the cast with any sense.
I see another ArthurOctavia fan. Good to know!
Old 2010-03-16, 10:17   Link #1634
LKK

I don't know if he's an Arthur x Octavia fan per se. I think he sees the pairing as a way to bring the rebellious Gaels back into the Octavia-reformed Empire's fold. I don't think it's occurred to him yet that the Empire is EVIL and beyond reformation's reach.

Old 2010-07-22, 10:31   Link #1635
LKK

The US dubbed version will be released on October 19, 2010, in both DVD and Blu-Ray formats. Blu-Ray -- I wasn't expecting that!

Old 2010-07-22, 13:42   Link #1636
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^Yeah it's fantastic news. Shame the BR set won't work on the players here, though i'll have no problem with the DVD set. Still, it's a shame.
Old 2010-08-19, 08:28   Link #1637
LKK

The first 3 (?) dubbed episodes are available from The Anime Network on iTunes. From what I've heard others say, the Gaels have a quasi-Irish / Welsh accent. Arawn and Ogami do not. Appropriately. No word yet on what sort of accent Taliesin or the Empire cast members have. (I don't use iTunes, so I can't confirm the accent information.) The dubbed episodes are not on The Anime Network's video portal yet as far as I could tell.

Old 2010-08-23, 01:35   Link #1638
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
The first 3 (?) dubbed episodes are available from The Anime Network on iTunes. From what I've heard others say, the Gaels have a quasi-Irish / Welsh accent. Arawn and Ogami do not. Appropriately. No word yet on what sort of accent Taliesin or the Empire cast members have. (I don't use iTunes, so I can't confirm the accent information.) The dubbed episodes are not on The Anime Network's video portal yet as far as I could tell.
So do Arawn or Ogami have accents at all? Hmm I do have an iTunes account, Im a bit tempted to listen but I hate the thought of my Arawn-sama being dubbed
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 08:24   Link #1639
hinakatbklyn

Spoiler for Arthur & Arawn, dubs credited from ANN:
Old 2010-08-23, 08:42   Link #1640
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
So do Arawn or Ogami have accents at all? Hmm I do have an iTunes account, Im a bit tempted to listen but I hate the thought of my Arawn-sama being dubbed
The impression I got from the comments is that Arawn & Ogami don't have any noticeable accents. (I guess you could say that they sound like Americans. ) I haven't heard any of the dub yet, so this is only guesswork on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Spoiler for Arthur & Arawn, dubs credited from ANN:
I agree with hinakatbklyn about Arawn's American voice actor. He does this type of role well. I was happy to hear he was cast in the part, and I'm looking forward to hearing him. I don't know what to expect from Arthur's voice actor. I know how he sounds in real life, but I'm not sure what range he'll pick for voicing Arthur.

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox