AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-17, 12:44   Link #1601
Key Board
Carbon

tried some multiplayer today

word of advice: do not try to melee a Cerberus Phantom
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 14:31   Link #1602
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
tried some multiplayer today

word of advice: do not try to melee a Cerberus Phantom
Unless you're a Krogan Phantoms trying to tangle with my Krogan Soldier find out why trying to outmelee a Krogan in close-quarters combat is universally a bad idea.

Also depending on your class and loadout Phantoms are actually quite easy to kill. If you have an Asari Adept for example you can just Stasis a Phantom and do what you will with it. They're still one of the few enemies in the ME franchise that keeps me on my toes

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 14:40   Link #1603
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Unless you're a Krogan Phantoms trying to tangle with my Krogan Soldier find out why trying to outmelee a Krogan in close-quarters combat is universally a bad idea.

Also depending on your class and loadout Phantoms are actually quite easy to kill. If you have an Asari Adept for example you can just Stasis a Phantom and do what you will with it. They're still one of the few enemies in the ME franchise that keeps me on my toes
When has getting into melee range of a Krogan ever been a good idea.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 14:54   Link #1604
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Did a game with full infiltrators , we could made it to wave 7 on Gold. Just a deadly mistake can kill the whole team.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 15:26   Link #1605
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Tried downloading ME3 on PC from origin and surprisingly it runs as smooth as butter, although the game freezes every 5-6 minutes and I have to restart my computer. Tweaked various options, even updating graphic drivers, and still no dice. Should I try re-downloading again? Anyone else had these issues?
Old 2012-02-17, 15:34   Link #1606
com_gwp

Question to anyone who's playing inflitrator: Which of the tac cloak end bonuses is better? Double power seem great but does it let me shoot twice, or only restricted to powers? The +40% rifle damage is pretty kickass too.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 16:26   Link #1607
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Playing with a Vanguard was never so much fun.

Old 2012-02-17, 17:42   Link #1608
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hahaha oh my god XD why no weird femshep faces? XD
Old 2012-02-17, 17:54   Link #1609
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Question to anyone who's playing inflitrator: Which of the tac cloak end bonuses is better? Double power seem great but does it let me shoot twice, or only restricted to powers? The +40% rifle damage is pretty kickass too.
I am playing as infiltrator, but I haven't gotten the double bonus yet. But I would choose +40% rifle, the duration is decent already so I don't think making it longer is worth it. However though during a hacking segment of the mission a 40% duration might be useful.

After playing as Salarian infiltrator I found out Tactical cloak+energy drain+sniper=amazing. Through energy drain I stun them and now since they are wide open I just snipe them very easily. I found out this is very useful taking out Centurion, Nemesis, and Engineer. Now the trouble is those pesky Phantom...
The multiplayer very fun and much better than I thought it would be.
Old 2012-02-17, 18:01   Link #1610
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Better take +40% rifle yeah , cuz the duration is really short + you'll need it on Silver & specially Gold , bronze is piece of cake.
And also you can remove your pistol , imo , i don't use it & never used it , you'll only shoot with Snipe , throw grenade & do some melee action + the duration is even more shorter , like instant.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 19:56   Link #1611
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Question: is sniper time in multiplayer? I can imagine having one player temporarily slow down time would cause syncing issues.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 20:39   Link #1612
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I play Infiltrator and no sniper time.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 23:24   Link #1613
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Question: is sniper time in multiplayer? I can imagine having one player temporarily slow down time would cause syncing issues.
Time-dilation effects on abilities are removed from MP. Thus time doesn't slow down when using a Sniper Rifle as an Infiltrator, the Soldier's Adrenaline Rush only increases damage, and Vanguard's don't slow down time after a Biotic Charge impact.

Speaking of abilities, I noticed that you no longer need Warp to initiate a Biotic Explosion. Pull can now also be combo'd with other biotic abilities to detonate, and even Biotic Charge can now be used to do so

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-02-17, 23:35   Link #1614
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's funny watching Vanguards charge into an affected formation and watching all of them get blown away.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 23:50   Link #1615
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Who here is playing on pc? Oh and energy drain, more damage or increase in radius? I went with radius but after playing I wonder if it is worth it to invest in damage because of Atlas.
Old 2012-02-18, 02:26   Link #1616
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Time-dilation effects on abilities are removed from MP. Thus time doesn't slow down when using a Sniper Rifle as an Infiltrator, the Soldier's Adrenaline Rush only increases damage, and Vanguard's don't slow down time after a Biotic Charge impact.

Speaking of abilities, I noticed that you no longer need Warp to initiate a Biotic Explosion. Pull can now also be combo'd with other biotic abilities to detonate, and even Biotic Charge can now be used to do so
Interestingly enough, Adrenaline Rush seems to speed you up, or at least that was what it seemed to me; my firing rate and movement speed picked up as well as damage every time I used it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Who here is playing on pc? Oh and energy drain, more damage or increase in radius? I went with radius but after playing I wonder if it is worth it to invest in damage because of Atlas.
I'm on the PC. Also, I'm thinking damage as well for the Atlas. You're not really going to see shielded enemies bunched up too much.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 05:14   Link #1617
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

"You bastards, get off my house!!!!!"

Old 2012-02-18, 06:44   Link #1618
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

What the hell kind of poster is that?

Shepard running after a Reaper, destroying a house, in the middle of nowhere. The last level of the game I take it?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 09:42   Link #1619
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

its the same poster as the Walking Dead, just Shepard IZed.
Old 2012-02-18, 15:36   Link #1620
Key Board
Carbon

How do you unlock the Krogan soldier?

random store purchases?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass