AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-03, 20:05   Link #1141
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
that meeting change Accel....well they don't call Touma as the Yakubo-gami for nothing huh! but when girls sees him they all have Kamiyan disease !
You mean Yakubyou-gami.
Old 2010-08-04, 03:17   Link #1142
pampz21
ShipCore

oi sorry...cuz i been thinking of yaku=misfortune gami=god....so I didn't think much....but saying yaku-gami means ackward so i add bo!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-08-04, 20:45   Link #1143
Shadow5YA

So it looks like Mikoto had no idea the actual Tree Diagram sattelite was destroyed until now?
Old 2010-08-05, 08:22   Link #1144
tsunade666

tree diagram being destroyed is a secret in the academy city.
Old 2010-08-05, 17:19   Link #1145
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
tree diagram being destroyed is a secret in the academy city.
I know that it's a secret. I just had no idea that Mikoto would find out.
Old 2010-08-06, 13:35   Link #1146
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the biggest mistake of accelerator on his whole lifetime is he meeting up with imouto which is connected to touma. That meeting connects all.
That imouto holding the kitten is 10032, right? Then where did the one that died (10031?) come from?
Old 2010-08-06, 20:20   Link #1147
Pyromania

Presumably she was just that night's experiment (never interacted with any other characters) and never actually saw Touma. 10032 just went after Accelerator because she knew she would have to 'clean up' after the experiment.

As far as I know, Touma only ever interacted with 10032. So the one who Mikoto told to go away when she was in the throes of a breakdown was also 10032.

Pity that no one seems interested in translating this chapter. Oh well.
Old 2010-08-07, 13:12   Link #1148
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Presumably she was just that night's experiment (never interacted with any other characters) and never actually saw Touma. 10032 just went after Accelerator because she knew she would have to 'clean up' after the experiment.
Isn't it more like he went after her? I remember from both the anime and Index manga that just after Touma leaves, 10032 gets a dark feeling and turns around to see Accelerator. Also, in the chapter 33 pages that were posted before, he is walking towards her. After that, we don't know what happens... yet.

*hopes for translation for chp.33*

EDIT: Also, we don't know how it turns into 10031 getting chased and killed.

Last edited by Sugarless Ocean; 2010-08-08 at 09:14.
Old 2010-08-07, 14:29   Link #1149
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarless Ocean View Post
Isn't it more like he went after her? I remember from both the anime and Index manga that just after Touma leaves, 10032 gets a dark feeling and turns around to see Accelerator. Also, in the chapter 33 pages that were posted before, he is walking towards her. After that, we don't know what happens... yet.

*hopes for translation for chp.33*
Somewhat. Accelerator did surprise 10032, but she had a plan to fight him. From what we've seen of the other Sisters, they just get ambushed, Accelerator taunts them and they run, then they get massacred.
Old 2010-08-07, 14:49   Link #1150
Ashaman

I don't think so. From what I remember, they all had a plan going into battle. Its just that 10032 is the first time one of them worked. At all.
Old 2010-08-07, 20:05   Link #1151
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I don't think so. From what I remember, they all had a plan going into battle. Its just that 10032 is the first time one of them worked. At all.
Did they really have any plans? All I can recall is the Sisters trying to snipe Accelerator, failing and getting caught in the process, then running away.
Old 2010-08-07, 20:57   Link #1152
tsunade666

the sisters didn't plan anything. Remember when accelerator when he fougth 10032 and said it's the first for him when an imouto start using tactics.

The scientist plan all the battle grounds and rules on it. From where will be the place or when will she attack leaving accelerator alone to just defend and kill anyone who attacks him.
Old 2010-08-08, 05:13   Link #1153
Ashaman

The scientists may of planned it, but I think the Sisters employed tactics.

Remember when one of them, I can't remember the number, lured Accel into a trap and tried to blow him up. It was the one just before Mikoto attacked Accel.

THis is an example of tactics. Even sniping Accel is a battle plan, hoping to catch him off guard.

10032 is just the first one to have any success.
Old 2010-08-08, 05:27   Link #1154
tsunade666

maybe, well the sisters are well trained in military way to begin with. Unlike the original. to compensate for additional fire power. They trained the sisters to fight back.
Old 2010-08-08, 09:07   Link #1155
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Somewhat. Accelerator did surprise 10032, but she had a plan to fight him. From what we've seen of the other Sisters, they just get ambushed, Accelerator taunts them and they run, then they get massacred.
What? I don't remember that. Where did you get that info?
Old 2010-08-08, 09:44   Link #1156
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarless Ocean View Post
What? I don't remember that. Where did you get that info?
Just implied from what I've seen from 9982 and 10031's death.

Why did 10031 die in a back alley? She either let Accelerator chase her there, or she ran back there in panic when her attack failed. Considering Accelerator's power, fighting him in a narrow alley is the worst possible strategy you could come up with. Anything you could throw at him would be thrown back, and there would be no place for you to evade it. If 10031 had a plan, her plan broke down when she decided to run to an alley.

9982's fight started in an alley. As we could see from her fight, that wasn't exactly a good place to fight. Her first injury was her own bullets reflected back at her. Though she did shoot him in the dark because she thought Accelerator needs to see to redirect, why didn't the Sisters learn from her experience? It seemed like 10031 fought in an alley to try the same thing.
Old 2010-08-08, 10:25   Link #1157
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Ah, I made a mistake in my post before because I misunderstood your post. So nevermind.

Last edited by Sugarless Ocean; 2010-08-08 at 10:44.
Old 2010-08-08, 10:42   Link #1158
Ashaman

Ambushed? I don't know what you've seen, but from the battles I've seen, the Sisters all arrive on time and obey the schedule. The only ambush I've seen was a sister toward Accel by sniping him.

They get over powered, yes, because let's face it, its Accel and there are 3, maybe 4 people who can hurt him in all of AC. the Sisters aren't any one of them.

When they finally run, after thier battle plan fails, they get chased down and killed.
Old 2010-08-08, 11:19   Link #1159
Pyromania

The sisters have tried...

9982- Started by fighting Accelerator normally and having her bullets reflected. Retreated to a pre-prepared location and attempted to get by reflect by detonating a mine underneath him. The thinking being that if he wasn't 'reflecting' beneath his feet so he could walk he would be vulnerable there. She summarily failed and... yeah.

*Unknown number before 10031*: Attempted to snipe accelerator WHEN HE WAS COMPLETELY UNAWARE. The thinking was probably that if he didn't know he was being attacked he wouldn't auto-reflect. This failed, she retreated and was hunted down, tormented, and massacred in cold blood.

-10032: Use of electrical power to gradually turn the oxygen molecules into ozone and either deprive Accelerator of Oxygen or poison him from the ozone. 10032 is especially suited for this strategy because she is in the upper power-level for Sister esper ranking (a level 3), and the conditions are favorable because the normally extremely windy Academy City has no notable wind that night. This proves effective and had he not caught on might have let her win, but Accelerator employs the good old "Best defense is a good offense" strategy and 10032 is defeated (although saved by Touma).

On a side note, the power gap between the Sisters and Mikoto herself means that she should be able to employ the same strategy (against Accel or anyone else) to an exponentially faster and more horrifyingly potent effect. But I doubt that Mikoto would ever embrace this or frying people with microwave electromagnetic radiation, given her heroine status.
Old 2010-08-08, 11:40   Link #1160
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
On a side note, the power gap between the Sisters and Mikoto herself means that she should be able to employ the same strategy (against Accel or anyone else) to an exponentially faster and more horrifyingly potent effect. But I doubt that Mikoto would ever embrace this or frying people with microwave electromagnetic radiation, given her heroine status.
Thats pretty hard to happen if that has vectors that can be controlled and about the wind he can make 4 twisters in few seconds just by sweeping his arms. An all that without Black Wings.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen